What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most Clueless Coach in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Who's worst?

• Gus Bradley

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • Jeff Fisher

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Sean Payton

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Andy Reid

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
Red herring, not devil's advocate.
Really? It's not fair to ask about the quality of teams they coached when discussing wins and losses? 

I'm not sure that word means what you think it means. 

I made a relevant point, and asked a fair question. I did not prop up a clue or premise with a specific intention of causing a distraction or to mislead anyone.  

Really? It's not fair to ask about the quality of teams they coached when discussing wins and losses? 

I'm not sure that word means what you think it means. 

I made a relevant point, and asked a fair question. I did not prop up a clue or premise with a specific intention of causing a distraction or to mislead anyone.  
I think you might be Jeff Fisher.

If Hot Sauce Guy is Jeff Fisher, his 3000+ posts and continual presence here would go a long way toward explaining why the Rams look so consistently unprepared during games.

Get back in the film room, Jeff!

If Hot Sauce Guy is Jeff Fisher, his 3000+ posts and continual presence here would go a long way toward explaining why the Rams look so consistently unprepared during games.

Wow - way to make a guy feel welcome.  :rolleyes:

You're definitely closer to it than I am as a Rams fan.  It's certainly possible that he's as bad as folks say. Play calling is generally on the OC or DC, but discipline, drive, playing to the whistle, those fall on coaching for sure. 
Post of the year

This is what I meant to quote for post of the year.   Not the above.   Please excuse my Fisher-like mistake.

:lmao: :lmao:  Fisher has to win this now. Close the poll. In Kenny The Jet Smith voice "Everyone just go home. It's OVA!" This is the definition of clueless. What game tapes has he been watching all week to prepare!?  :loco:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/11/30/jeff-fisher-rams-danny-woodhead-patriots-chargers%3Famp%3D1
They're playing ATL next week, Fisher should go out at his press conference, and talk about trying to contain Gomez the WR and Puggsley the RB.  

So Landry & Reeves are terrible coaches too? 
Landry coached for 29 years went 250-162-6 with a 20-16 playoff record and 2 Super Bowls going to 5.

Reeves coached for 23 years went 190-165-2,11-9 in the playoffs and went to 4 super bowls with 2 teams.

Fisher coached for 22 years so far went 173-163-1, 5-6 in the playoffs and only ever went to 1 super bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Landry coached for 29 years went 250-162-6 with a 20-16 playoff record and 2 Super Bowls going to 5.

Reeves coached for 23 years went 190-165-2,11-9 in the playoffs and went to 4 super bowls with 2 teams.

Fisher coached for 22 years so far went 173-163-1, 5-6 in the playoffs and only ever went to 1 super bowl.
So fisher is a winning coach! 

:lol:  

honestly I don't have a dog in this race - maybe he's as bad as folks say. I'm not close enough to the Rams to say. (Crap, I just outted myself as not Jeff Fisher.  @Arodin is going to be so disappointed that he couldn't effect change. :(  ) 

Fisher may have been a good coach at one point (I liked him back in the Titans days), but that comment about the Pats RB show exactly how clueless he is at this point.

Not only do Bolden and Woodhead have nothing to do with this years team, but Woodhead has been on the Chargers since 2013 for petes sake

Fisher may have been a good coach at one point (I liked him back in the Titans days), but that comment about the Pats RB show exactly how clueless he is at this point.

Not only do Bolden and Woodhead have nothing to do with this years team, but Woodhead has been on the Chargers since 2013 for petes sake
I'm actually kind of concerned the early stages of Alzheimer's is setting in. That's usually one of the symptoms forgetting the year and place you are in.  Not even truly joking. As much as I bag on Fisher, I just can't imagine an NFL head coach that out of touch with the league as a whole let alone who he's playing this week.

Looks like the PR team is trying to spin it as him talking about Danny Amendola, which makes plenty of sense considering he was asked about the running back position.

John Fox.  Every week.  Got a stop on 3rd down today with 2:06 left and took their last timeout before the 2 minute warning.  Biggest idiot in the NFL. 
John Fox admitted the timeout he called with 2:06 left last week “was pretty dumb … That was one of my mistakes.” #Bears

NickyHatton said:

The guy can't even be bothered to wear shoes to work.

Insein said:
I'm actually kind of concerned the early stages of Alzheimer's is setting in. That's usually one of the symptoms forgetting the year and place you are in.  Not even truly joking. As much as I bag on Fisher, I just can't imagine an NFL head coach that out of touch with the league as a whole let alone who he's playing this week.
Also, when a coach makes a comment like that, does he instantly lose the entire locker room and coaching staff?  I can't even imagine how much respect he would lose internally with a comment like that.  

Insein said:
Good point on the Alzheimer's.  How old is he?  Who knows what is going on but that is just so bizarre that a head coach could make such an egregiously ignorant comment.  

Breaking News: Jeff Fisher has signed a two-year extension.

7-9 forever!
Amazing. 

Rams signed Jeff Fisher to a two-year extension through 2018.

God help us. Fisher has not had a winning season since taking over as head coach in 2012 and, last we checked, still thinks Danny Woodhead plays for the Patriots. Why the Rams would extend their incompetent, cartoon character of a head coach instead of casting him aside is beyond our comprehension. Fisher is on the cusp of becoming the losingest coach in NFL history. Guess this means we won't be seeing Eric Dickerson at the L.A. Coliseum for the next couple of years.

Goof needs to throw a ton of intentional INT's so he can get this guy outta there before he destroys his career.

I voted for Fisher but Payton challenged a first and goal at the 2 to see if a player scored a TD today when it was clear the guy didn't score. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread