What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most Humorous NFL Recap Game Summary (1 Viewer)

gethugefast1

Footballguy
Week 11(See Week 12 below)

I can't write very well. Rick "Snake" Arnold can, with humor. I always view his recaps("What the Hell Happened?") for an early Monday morning laugh.

Posting his Viking/Bucs game recap as a preview. Additional game recaps at link.

Vikings 13 Bucs 19

Snake's Take: I think we've found the dumbest coach in the NFL...Brad Childress come on down! Not only do they make the dumbest play-calls on the planet, but they make sure the best player in the NFL is out on every single 3rd down. Adrian Peterson was steamed on the sideline as his team went for a 3rd and 2 with him on the sidelines...of course they were stopped. Hell, they were stopped all day. Speaking of All Day, he only managed 85 yards on the day as the Vikes seemed to go to the pass when they should have been running and trying to run when they should have been passing. 3rd and 12 yards is not the best time to run up the gut with your 2nd string RB Brad...just an FYI big guy nnnnkay? Jeff Garcia gutted out another victory that was about as ugly as he is. The guy's tough as nails and gets the job done. The Vikings on the other hand are not and did not. I guess Adrian Peterson averaging 5 yards a touch isn't enough for them to feed him the rock. They want to keep everyone off balance. Great idea....you should go an entire game without running Peterson once, that would really keep the other team off balance. They wouldn't know what was going on (as they are stomping your ###).

http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/2008/11/Mon/default.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny? Yes.

Good recap? No.

If a FBG posted that he'd be directed to the venting thread. Clearly "Snake" owns AP in fantasy and/or is a fan of the Vikings and he doesn't eaxactly come across as unbiased in his recap. Of course everything he wrote is accurate but I digress.

Funny? Yes.Good recap? No.If a FBG posted that he'd be directed to the venting thread. Clearly "Snake" owns AP in fantasy and/or is a fan of the Vikings and he doesn't eaxactly come across as unbiased in his recap. Of course everything he wrote is accurate but I digress.
The "What the Hell Happened" feature at Pigskin Addition is meant as Schtick, not in-depth game recap. It is definitely readable as a humor piece.

Funny? Yes.Good recap? No.If a FBG posted that he'd be directed to the venting thread. Clearly "Snake" owns AP in fantasy and/or is a fan of the Vikings and he doesn't eaxactly come across as unbiased in his recap. Of course everything he wrote is accurate but I digress.
The "What the Hell Happened" feature at Pigskin Addition is meant as Schtick, not in-depth game recap. It is definitely readable as a humor piece.
Gotcha, I don't frequent that site but it makes more sense now. Thanks.

Gotcha, I don't frequent that site but it makes more sense now. Thanks.
"Humorous" the key word. I only threw the Minn/TB game as a preview of all the recaps found at the link. Though I have been a "Fire Childress" Fan for quite some time.100% G-Men Fan

Sorry for the bump, but you HAVE to go look at the comments for the Studs or Duds this week....

The one for starting A. Bryant is gold!

Continuing to Week 12 :wall:

Posting his Bengals/Steelers game recap as a preview. Additional game recaps at link.

Steelers 27 Bengals 10

Snake's Take: This was just ridiculous. No Chad Johnson...he broke a team rule (SHOCKER). No Carson Palmer (his arm is being held together with pipe cleaners and rubber bands). Most of the Bengal O-line was out. We had Ryan Fitzpatrick and Cedric Benson against a Super Bowl contending Steeler team. It would be like you and me playing a sandlot football game against kindergartners...I'd be jacking those little kids up...SNOT BUBBLES little Timmy! Stay down fool! The Steelers dominated with their defense and got enough from Big Ben to win this one easily. Fast Willie Parker struggled early and Mewelde Moore came on in relief and tore it up...keep an eye on that one. If I'm the Bengals, I gotta think about forfeiting this season. Maybe they can petition the league to just simulate the rest of their season out on Madden 09?

See Recap of All Games: http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/2008/12/Mon/default.asp

sorry, i might be in the minority here but this is just not all that funny, actually. "nnnnnkay?" calling jeff garcia ugly? and brad childress stupid? calling daunte culpepper "daunted stuffedpepper"? kind of basic, entry-level comedy, if you ask me....what am i missing here?

sorry, i might be in the minority here but this is just not all that funny, actually. "nnnnnkay?" calling jeff garcia ugly? and brad childress stupid? calling daunte culpepper "daunted stuffedpepper"? kind of basic, entry-level comedy, if you ask me....what am i missing here?
I agree with you.

I agree with you.
Of course it's entry level humor....but I don't see anyone trying to do better and putting the effort in to deliver a weekly smartass review.

Snake's always good for a coupla chuckles ... he's been my Monday morning coffee break read for a coupla seasons now ..

:goodposting: gethugefast1

I agree with you.
Of course it's entry level humor....but I don't see anyone trying to do better and putting the effort in to deliver a weekly smartass review.
i think are better/funnier (some guys at the huddle...some of the guys here...mark stamant at rotoworld has the best combo of smart/funny IMO...even matthew berry makes me laugh sometimes, as douchey as he seems in person) but all that said: me saying that i don't think snake's all THAT funny doesn't mean i don't 100% respect the fact that he's at least putting himself out there and writing, which is more than most of us who sit on the sidelines and judge can say. and yes i include myself in that group. easy to sit and pass judgment when you're not the one making the effort.

I agree with you.
.mark stamant at rotoworld has the best combo of smart/funny IMO...
This is a good e.g. of why I think St. Amant funny, because along with solid fantasy analysis, etc., he always includes random entertaining ##### like this...Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving, Rotoworld family. I hope you and yours had a wonderful time appreciating everything with which you've been blessed. I, myself, reminisced back to the first Thanksgiving in 1621, when Plymouth colonists shared an autumn feast with Wampanaog Indians to celebrate peace and harmony, share nature's fruitful bounty and apologize for bringing them smallpox, syphilis and gonorrhea.

and (from his "Fallers" section)...

That guy in the UPS commercials: I'm using what little energy I have left to devise plots to kidnap that "UPS whiteboard magic marker sweater vest" guy and shave off his Scott Stapp-meets-Prince Valiant hairdo. Is it possible for a haircut to be smug? It is now. Guarantee you, after the cameras turn off, he reverentially un-snaps it Fisher Price-style, heads to his dressing room, puts on "With Arms Wide Open," and makes sweet, sweeeet love to his heroic, flowing mane. And, afterward, curls up and cries.

not everyone's cup of tea, and i might in the minority, but i just find him funnier than most.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/...=31677&pg=1

Users who are viewing this thread