What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

most "upside" (1 Viewer)

Prince Myshkin

Footballguy
i was wondering what the FBG"s thought about the potential upside for this gruop of backs. i'm not talking about who will score the most points for the rest of the year, but who (if any) has the best potential if opportunity works out to be a major impact player in the ff playoffs.

my thought is that if anything were to happen to LT, turner would automatically be a top 5 back and so he has the most upside. i would think tatum bell if healthy would also have top tier potential, whereas mike bell doesn't have that same sort of potential (although he will probably outscore tatum the rest of the year due to tatum's turf toes).

i'm not sure how i feel about deangelo williams because i haven't gotten to watch him play enough. foster could go down at any time, but would williams be that much of an impact player if he were the feature back there?

any other backs out there that might bust on the scene if the opportunity presents itself???

Last edited by a moderator:
i was wondering what the FBG"s thought about the potential upside for this gruop of backs. i'm not talking about who will score the most points for the rest of the year, but who (if any) has the best potential if opportunity works out to be a major impact player in the ff playoffs.

my thought is that if anything were to happen to LT, williams would automatically be a top 5 back and so he has the most upside. i would think tatum bell if healthy would also have top tier potential, whereas mike bell doesn't have that same sort of potential (although he will probably outscore tatum the rest of the year due to tatum's turf toes).

i'm not sure how i feel about deangelo williams because i haven't gotten to watch him play enough. foster could go down at any time, but would williams be that much of an impact player if he were the feature back there?

any other backs out there that might bust on the scene if the opportunity presents itself???
I believe Foster is down.Questionable for week12 :bye:

you mean turner would be good if LT went down, not Williams

and I think Deangelo is the best of this group, followed by the Burner and the Denver guys i wouldnt even bother with

you mean turner would be good if LT went down, not Williamsand I think Deangelo is the best of this group, followed by the Burner and the Denver guys i wouldnt even bother with
whoops...yeah, meant turner. will fix!any others in the same kind of situation...backups/rbbc now, but maybe studs in a few weeks?

DeAngelo is similar to LaDainian in that both of them played for small schools and were one man armys. IMO these type of small school backs that carry thier teams on a consistent basis for a few years reduce the bust risk and make solid NFL RBs. In DeAngelo's case his senior year he had a freshman QB and a young O-line (I think 3 were freshman) all year long and still put up excellent numbers.

SO now we move on to his NFL career. In spot play for Deshauns breathers I dont think hes done that bad. My greatest concern about DeAngelo is his ability to stay healthy. SO last week DeShuan got hurt and in came DeAngelo who had 20 carries for 114 yards.

I think as long as hes healthy he has a bright future as a perinial top 7 RB.

Turner will be great but the question is when will he get the opportunity. What if the bolts re-sign him for 3-4 years? What has to be given up to get Turner this off-season as a restricted FA is a little steep. Especially after the trend that we saw when SA and Edge were on the market and didnt get many bites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread