What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My buddy found dead an hour ago (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sources on the ground in Eagan, Burnsville, Eden Prairie and Bloomington. Waiting for a name for confirmation.

"confirmed this morning" doesn't necessarily mean the autopsy results are back. I have enough experience with this kind of crap to know... if you're dealing with a drunk or an addict, and they die at this age, you probably don't even need an autopsy to figure out the cause of death. Need to hear the rest of the story of how it was confirmed. For now, I believe Fin 100% and is not fishing... I, too, have had many, many friends die young... enough that it doesn't even rattle me anymore, I just figure it comes with the territory.

"confirmed this morning" doesn't necessarily mean the autopsy results are back. I have enough experience with this kind of crap to know... if you're dealing with a drunk or an addict, and they die at this age, you probably don't even need an autopsy to figure out the cause of death. Need to hear the rest of the story of how it was confirmed. For now, I believe Fin 100% and is not fishing... I, too, have had many, many friends die young... enough that it doesn't even rattle me anymore, I just figure it comes with the territory.
So what do you think he meant by "confirmed this morning" in direct response to a question about an autopsy? Confirmed by who?

Any word on an autopsy ?
You haven't mentioned it but an autopsy will be done in a case like this.
Absolutely. I know what happened. Drug related - confirmed this morning. I had just spoken with him about how he was doing. "ah, I just like to have a couple Mojitos a week. Staying away from everything else. For guys like us its either abstinence or eventual death associated with use. That's the deal. He didn't want help.
Hold it. He died yesterday and the autopsy report is already back? On a weekend?
Uh, I didn't have to get an autopsy report to confirm what happened. You been waiting for a hole in the story?

So what do you think he meant by "confirmed this morning" in direct response to a question about an autopsy? Confirmed by who?
Someone just saying, "yeah... he was doing this or that..." Not scientific, but we all know how this works. The body can only take so much abuse before giving out. Or the police could have drawn a blood sample and if it comes back 0.4%, you don't really need the autopsy. Same thing if they're testing for opiates or whatever. Those results can be back very quickly.

Any word on an autopsy ?
Absolutely. I know what happened. Drug related - confirmed this morning. I had just spoken with him about how he was doing. "ah, I just like to have a couple Mojitos a week. Staying away from everything else. For guys like us its either abstinence or eventual death associated with use. That's the deal. He didn't want help.
Hold it. He died yesterday and the autopsy report is already back? On a weekend?
Uh, I didn't have to get an autopsy report to confirm what happened. You been waiting for a hole in the story?
A story from you? Yes.

Any word on an autopsy ?
A story from you? Yes.
No, I have never met Fin, unfortunately, but I have dealt with enough drunks and addicts to believe he is 100% on the up-and-up. And, like him, I've had lots and lots of friends die young. No reason to doubt this story, imo.

HellToupee said:
:lmao: @ people questioning Fins veracity

guy just needs to relax & get his mind right
I hate it when people make me look words up in the dictionary. :angry:

ETA: I did NOT take particular offense to your previous, controversial comment. You just need to understand there is a time and a source from which such comments can be made. Coming from a non-drunk or a non-addict... not so cool... but you know what? If you're a fellow drunk or fellow addict, and the other person knows it, such comments can be made... usually in the context of, "if you think it will be any better drunk, take a few pops and see." Contrast with the sentiment, "there is nothing wrong with me today that a drink won't make a damned sight worse." See where I'm coming from? I understand you meant no harm... and I believe you DID no harm.... so I took no offense. But you did show a bit of ignorance. Not stupidity... just ignorance of the true nature of alcoholism and drug addiction. That's why fellow drunks and addicts can get away with comments that normal, "earth people" cannot. fwiw.

This a fishing trip IMO

A cop does not take a blood sample at a crime scene. The key words are crime scene. They have protocol to follow they can assume he OD and they may be right but an autopsy will still be done.

mr roboto said:
I have sources on the ground in Eagan, Burnsville, Eden Prairie and Bloomington. Waiting for a name for confirmation.
This is like a roster of the only towns I drove through yesterday.

This isn't fishing, Jesus. Want a picture of the picnic table he died at with flowers randome people he met at the hotel left for him and a penny?

mr roboto said:
This is like a roster of the only towns I drove through yesterday.

This isn't fishing, Jesus. Want a picture of the picnic table he died at with flowers randome people he met at the hotel left for him and a penny?
Doesn't it piss you off when you're posting a 100% legit story, and some doofus accuses you of fishing... and you aren't even known to be a fisherman? I know how you feel, Fin.. all I tell such people is my life is so much different from yours, that you cannot even imagine it." Seriously... such people cannot even imagine having dozens of friends die before age 50. For me, it was routine. That's why I didn't say anything more than, "just stay sober yourself, Fin". There's nothing else you can do!

^^^ Bad taste IMO.
Looking like maybe not.
No, no, no... Again, I have lived Fin's life. I know a pile a crapola when I see it, especially if it is related to substance abuse. Nothing in Fin's posts have raised my red flag.
Remember now , you're a beautiful person from Lexington. The closest you come to the hoi polloi(nevermind the muck & mire)is when you cross the border into Arlington to go to Trader Joe's.

^^^ Bad taste IMO.
Looking like maybe not.
No, no, no... Again, I have lived Fin's life. I know a pile a crapola when I see it, especially if it is related to substance abuse. Nothing in Fin's posts have raised my red flag.
Remember now , you're a beautiful person from Lexington. The closest you come to the hoi polloi(nevermind the muck & mire)is when you cross the border into Arlington to go to Trader Joe's.
That's true NOW... wasn't true 30 years ago.

This a fishing trip IMO

A cop does not take a blood sample at a crime scene. The key words are crime scene. They have protocol to follow they can assume he OD and they may be right but an autopsy will still be done.
Bro, it went down like this. We're sitting outside looking at our deadu buddy covered in what I thought from a distance was a tarp...which would have made sense because he weighed over 400 lbs. When I walked closer it was really a blue blanket which I felt better about. My hotel roommate snapped a shot and an Asianed cop with a heavy Minnesota accent said "no pictures guys please. We just down'twantno photos on social media upsetting the family". To which I replied "no problem, we are family".

Watched the cops pull a pipe and some herb out of his pocket. He was so big I saw some sort of dolly/gurney come out of a fire truck and I left. This happened in Eagan Minnesota. He's from Portland Oregon where they are flying him back to for a memorial service which will consist of music and comedy sketches since he's one of the funniest guys any of us had ever met. He would go out to work with a food stain on his shirt which would wrap around him like spandex and shorts with a hole in them and write $20-$30K deals...everyone liked him.

Now Woody, I have no idea what your autopsy theory is. Your post is not even legible. Furthermore, I don't think you've made a worthwhile post here, ever. Not saying it hasn't happened, I've been wrong before - please link If I'm wrong. My point - I don't really care if you believe me. It happened. I would prefer you keep it to yourself because as I stated I can easily confirm this happened. I just didn't think it was necessary.

Posted here for many years maybe more then you never an alias and never not honest.

If I'm wrong I'm sorry for your loss. But your answer to my autopsy question tells me everything I need to know. My connection is my wife is a pathologist. So yeah I know.

^^^ Bad taste IMO.
Looking like maybe not.
You too Otis? Is this one of those threads where the OP is harrased for fishing then when the thread is confirmed the idiots never show their face again to admit they were wrong and apologize for acting like an ####### in a thread talking about someone dying. The two deaths this week were both people that were dearly close to me. My facebook page is covered with comments from friends and family and photos of myself and one of them. Anthony and I had no photos together but I said a small piece about him to which those that knew him responded. I honestly, on my mom's eyes, cannot think of one thread that I have fished about something serious. Link to something. I've started probably 200.

I'll look for the newspaper article. Put this BS to rest.

crime scene :lmao: Cops said it looks like he had a heart attack, asked a few questions about medical history to which we replied, he's obviously a big boy and he had sleep apnea. There was no crime scene.

A dead body outside a hotel would be a crime scene. You do know not all crime scenes are like you see on TV. They don't all involve roles of yellow tape and 20 cops.

Posted here for many years maybe more then you never an alias and never not honest.

If I'm wrong I'm sorry for your loss. But your answer to my autopsy question tells me everything I need to know. My connection is my wife is a pathologist. So yeah I know.
There hasnt been a ####### autopsy yet. Are you this dense? His hotel roommate told me what happened this morning. They carted the body off 30 hours ago. When did I mention autopsy results? I said drugs were involved. I don't need an autopsy to recognize when my buddy is high and when a friend confirms what happened. Are we done with you and your pathologists theory or are you trying to fish me? That won't turn out well. You won't win a battle of wits with me.

^^^ Bad taste IMO.
Looking like maybe not.
That's true NOW... wasn't true 30 years ago.
I used to live in Arlington. Went to that Trader's all the time. Worked at Panera for about 6 months in 97 after turning myself in the first time. I used to have to cross the border to Lexington to get wine and beer because Arlington was dry.

Nothing yet

http://eagan.patch.com/news

Out of respect finless I will no longer post in the thread. If I am wrong I would feel bad for not believing you.
How bout this I put up $200 and you put up $75. If my buddy didn't delete the photo I'll send it to you and you can send me the $75. I'll even give you the number to my hotel. Simple phone call can confirm it. I heard from a friend my friend died there yesterday. He's always playing pranks. I don't need a name but will you confirm someone died laying at a picnic table yesterday morning.

Moving on, nothing more to say about fishing unless you'll back your comments with a wager. I will and will wager the same denominations on just about any thread I have posted here. How's that for shtick? That will be its own thread.

:finmansion:

Sorry to hear my friend. Good luck.

What the hell are you doing in Eagan anyway? That place is boring as ####.

People doubting Fin almost always end up looking foolish afterwards.

Shame on some of you in here. If you don't buy the story, maybe find another thread to hang out in?

Last edited by a moderator:
People doubting Fin almost always end up looking foolish afterwards.

Shame on some of you in here. If you don't buy the story, maybe find another thread to hang out in?
GLO. Stop by my facebook page for the clowns, look at my post from yesterday, and let them know what time it is...again.

Thanks

mon said:
Finless said:
There's a handful of posters who cam confirm much of what I post. Same story here as on Facebook with real life friends. Everything there is kept to a sentence or two where here I can get into the nitty gritty because we enjoy a certain level of anonymity. For that reason I am guarded and never use real names ans sometimes change locations or details such as "my married friend" who's not married or "when he had his second kid" when it was really their first minute details here but Korean if she was say Japanese. minute details here but they are designed to throw a potential real life infiltrators off the scent. Finless is my original user name which came from my fantasy team years ago, the Finless Browns. I got paranoid when I started posting real life #### here because I thought 11 other guys in my league of which at least one posts in the shark pool could make the connection. So I created a shark pool alias - Escape Goat and even Clifton and Mambo were both used for some serious diversion, not shtick. Yes plenty of shtick with Clifton but the purpose of those account was another layer of the onion. When my story really involved others I in no way wanted it to be connected to the Finless account because I felt the curtain was coming down on Fin.

By then I had made Facebook friends with Pickles, Hack, Shuke, Truck, Rudnicki,SLB, Eephus and a few others...Furley before he deleted me. Now look at that list. why them? Upper tier folks for the most part obviously but they're also people who I knew I could trust to never expose me, post pictures or #### with my life in any way. Good group of dudes whom I actually still chat with quite a bit. My point, they can confirm I am real, not an alias, and my personal stories are legit.

Not much more I can say on the matter except the truth and the false should be real easy to tell apart. I don't get pissed in some random shtick thread if I'm called out. I may call you a hater with a link to a meme or funny pic expressing something. When I rant for two pages. #### is real. I'm uber paranoid about people I care about finding out I put their business on a message board. My roommate and her friend legitimately screwed Price and Shields. It happened I freaked and deleted everything when Price called my friend and asked her why that story was on a message board. No kid is gonna go to those lengths to trick strangers on a board. Do I shtick? absolutely...Otis has been stealing my shtick and claiming it his own for years. Hawkwatch, that was me, the Seattle Seven, that was me. The list goes on. I don't even usually waste my time claiming it anymore. It's like having a band cover one of your songs.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, just answer the question that's on all of our minds: do you really have fins or not?
Hmmm, no answer. Must have fins. This changes everything.

I love ya, Fin... wish I could meetcha some day, but I have a really hard time with in-person meetings without a defined objective. Nevertheless, you're a-okay in my book. If there's anything I can do to help you... ever... let me know. Be more than happy to.

I love ya, Fin... wish I could meetcha some day, but I have a really hard time with in-person meetings without a defined objective. Nevertheless, you're a-okay in my book. If there's anything I can do to help you... ever... let me know. Be more than happy to.
No kidding. I am trying my best to avoid running into you at Wilson Farm.

Hint: I'm probably the only one who rides a motorcycle there. Either a 2009 Heritage Softail FLSTC or a 2012 CVO Streetglide.

Hint: I'm probably the only one who rides a motorcycle there. Either a 2009 Heritage Softail FLSTC or a 2012 CVO Streetglide.
Thanks for the heads up. :thumbup:

I'm John Rambo, not Rohn Jambo. Forget about him in my alias lineup. Pretty sure his password was firstblood but it never works.

Its strange when people post and the words are spelled right the cadence seems correct but after reading the paragraph 2-3 times I still have no idea what it is they're trying to say.

Come on down, meet Fin, the guy who doesn't exist.

Anyhow, he had an enlarged heart. Coroner opened him up today and called his mother who called his brother. Thinking about an autopsy In my buddy is weird...even weirder when I think about an autopsy on someone his size. His brother said a normal heart is around 400 centimeters and his brothers was 650. Couple that with apnea, being 200+ lbs overweight and then half a lifetime of using hard drugs on and off and he was already on borrowed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread