What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My easiest Fantasy Win Ever! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones

Footballguy
The guy I play this weekend is in more trouble than anyone I've ever seen in any given week. Check out his players:QB Ramsey (not bad)RB Dillon (out)RB James (Questionable, but vs. Tampa, bad news)RB T. Henry (Questionable, and save for the TDs, he has sucked hard this year)RB M. Williams (RBBC)WR Holt (Bye)WR C. Rogers (Rookie)WR P. Warrick (not bad)TE Shockey (good)Here's my lineupQB HasselbeckRB AlexanderWR OwensWR BostonWR KRobWR Chad JohnsonTE JolleyStandard scoring. What's the line on this game? Me -45.5?

My Dad is a smart guy and he used to tell me "Don't count your chickens till they hatch!"Also, even though you feel very confident...I'd still go with TWO RB!

Don't count your chickens.I lost last week to a guy who had Hasslebeck, Alexander, KRob, and DJax all on bye.My team doesn't suck either- 2-1 going in.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only other RBs are Gordon and Faulk (bye) and Zeroue. I suppose you could make a case to start Amos over either Chad or Boston, but I have a feeling about the monster this week.

Better hope Seattle doesn't suck this week, or any week for that matter since you drafted their whole team.

on any given sunday....all it takes is for moe to get two goalline...edge to get one goalline and/or a fortuitous screen...warrick and shockey are now redzone targets...ramsey good shock and awe the depleted phil's defense...

You're probably one of the idiots who comes out on Sunday night/Monday morning whining about how you should have won except that XXX went off and killed you. I'll bet that not only will you lose this week, but I'll bet this guy ends up finishing the season with a better record than you do because frankly he has a better team. What I really want to know is if you'll come back here and eat crow when you lose this week.

great, your ##### talking probably just mushed the four guys in your lineup that i'm starting in my money league. :hot:

great, your ##### talking probably just mushed the four guys in your lineup that i'm starting in my money league. :hot:
Dam right brother! Go gloat to your sister or your dog.

Don't count your chickens.

I lost last week to a guy who had Hasslebeck, Alexander, KRob, and DJax all on bye.

My team doesn't suck either- 2-1 going in.
Funny...I lost in this fashion:As of 8 PM Sunday night, I was ahead 71-14. My opponent's lineup was this:

Manning - yet to play

Bettis - ZERO points

Avion Cason - 2 pts.

Terry Glenn - ZERO points

Ken Dilger - BYE = ZERO points

Harrison - yet to play

Kasay - 12 pts.

GB defense.

I figured I'd win, assuming the Aints don't lay down. Uh, they did, and I lost by 15.

In my money league several years ago, my buddy was asked who he was playing that week - it was a doormat. He said, "It doesn't matter who I'm playing." He was smitten down with an embarassing defeat. To this day nearly a decade later NO ONE in our league will use that sentence.

You are doomed. :ph34r:

All it would take is bad weather in Green Bay (never happens) and meltdowns from a couple of stable guys like Boston and Owens (imagine that) and you get your clock cleaned.

The guy I play this weekend is in more trouble than anyone I've ever seen in any given week. Check out his players:QB Ramsey (not bad)RB Dillon (out)RB James (Questionable, but vs. Tampa, bad news)RB T. Henry (Questionable, and save for the TDs, he has sucked hard this year)RB M. Williams (RBBC)WR Holt (Bye)WR C. Rogers (Rookie)WR P. Warrick (not bad)TE Shockey (good)Here's my lineupQB HasselbeckRB AlexanderWR OwensWR BostonWR KRobWR Chad JohnsonTE JolleyStandard scoring. What's the line on this game? Me -45.5?
After a trade in my keeper money league I acquired Harrison to team with Moss, Garcia, LT2, Davis, McMichael, and TB DEF. Well, remember Andre Johnson's 2 TD and 100 yard day against the Chiefs? That's when I played a team with Rogers, Johnson, Dillon, Ricky (another main reason), Franks, and Seattle DEF. I lost of course.

You're probably one of the idiots who comes out on Sunday night/Monday morning whining about how you should have won except that XXX went off and killed you. I'll bet that not only will you lose this week, but I'll bet this guy ends up finishing the season with a better record than you do because frankly he has a better team. What I really want to know is if you'll come back here and eat crow when you lose this week.
Someone is bitter because his team is down 2-0 to the A's :yes: P.S. I play the Bulger/Warner, Holt, Andre Johnson owner this week, but im not counting any chickens yet. :D

i lost this past weekend in what should have been my easiest game of the year...he had randy moss who went nuts...after all the trash talkin' that i did prior to the weekend i had to eat major crow all week this week...my team has now taken it's first loss and i am sitting at 3-1 and suffering this week with my "bye week from hell"...as has been said above, don't count your chickens yet...that's why they play the game!!!good luck!!!!sunking

may this thread be bumped indefinitely or even pinned to proove no one ever should talk before the games start.

I think he's got a better team than you.

I'll keep bumping this topic to the top of the screen until Monday night. If I lose I'll write a 10,000 word essay on this board on Tuesday morning about why I shouldn't celebrate prematurely. And after the Dead Sox finish getting swept out of the playoffs I'll come back here and write a two word essay about Boston sports teams........no, I'll just do that now....They Suck!!

I'll keep bumping this topic to the top of the screen until Monday night. If I lose I'll write a 10,000 word essay on this board on Tuesday morning about why I shouldn't celebrate prematurely. And after the Dead Sox finish getting swept out of the playoffs I'll come back here and write a two word essay about Boston sports teams........no, I'll just do that now....They Suck!!
:thumbdown:

If Sea gets shutout, and Warrick and Rodgers combine for 5 TD'sYou will be in trouble, we will be laughing at you for counting those chickens alittle early.That being said I think you will destroy him.

:rotflmao: :thumbup:

You are screwed dude. I went to 4-0 this week having to start Buckhalter and Candidate as my RB's due to bye's and injuries. Never, never test the football God's.

What an idiot. I have Holt, Henry and James in a 14-team league and I'm 3-1. I'd rather have that guy's team than yours, dood. :rolleyes:

Ya gotta love the sweat-soaked smell of superstition that's permeating this thread. Count me as a believer.

Ye'r gonna lo-o-ose!

Ye'r gonna lo-o-ose!

:P

Thanks man... I have 2 of your starters: Hassle#### and Chad Johnson. I can't wait to see the heartache you've caused me.

Counting those chickens pretty early. I was just as confident that I'd get killed last weekend as you are that you'll win this week.My lineup last week:QB: McNairRB: Amos Zeroeue (Portis out hurt)RB: Ladell Betts (Tiki Barber on bye)WR:Rod Gardner (Koren Robinson on bye)WR: Ashley LelieFlex(RB/WR): Eric Parker (free agent pick up just to have somebody in there)TE: Billy MillerK: WilkinsD: CarolinaHis lineup:QB: GarciaRB: Priest HolmesRB: HearstWR: Joe HornWR: Lav. ColesFlex: Fred TaylorTE: Bubba FranksK: FeelyD: PittsburghIMO, that matchup is much more uneven than yours this week. On most weeks, my team shouldn't have been within 50 points of his. So, what happens? Garcia and the 49ers lay a turd, Holmes doesn't find the endzone and I end up winning by 41.

What an idiot. I have Holt, Henry and James in a 14-team league and I'm 3-1. I'd rather have that guy's team than yours, dood. :rolleyes:
Must be playing with ######s, DOOD. The guy I'm playing this week is 0-4. Don't let the short bus door hit your ### on the way out.

There is an old saying that we use when rolling dice at the bar. Don't touch the money until the round is over.

Never chalk up a win before the games are done no matter how hapless your opponents situation seems.A few years ago (the year Denver last won the SB) one guy loaded up with Denver players. Of course, he had tremendous bye week issues, and only had 1 scrub QB, 1 scrub RB, and 1 WR to start on an 8 player roster. They guy playing him was gloating from the start of the season to the date of the game. Turns out the WR was Harrison in his breakout season, and he scored 3 TDs in that game to virtually propel this guy single handedly to the victory.You never know.

Great,,,,,, Just Friggin great.I have Hass, Johnson & Jolley and really needed this game. I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.I can not believe you just snake-bit my team like that :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'd like to know your scoring system and how this turned out. I would defintely say he covered the spread. ;)

I am also interested in how this turned out. I figure with Boston's day you did okay, but I assume you were sweating bullets for awhile.

Well to say I jinxed myself would be an understatement. Both of us did some lineup shifting, but here's how it stands going into tonight.MeHasselbeck 8Alexander 10Owens 11KRob 5DJax 3Moulds 6Jolley 2Elam 12Barnett 13Sharper 10Peppers 2 Total 81HimRamsey 18Canidate 2Emmitt 0Rogers 3Kev Johnson 7Shockey 7Akers 10M Harrison plays tonightD. Thornton plays tonight Roy Williams 8Willie Whitehead 5 Total 60Note I didn't start Boston and gambled on Seattles entire offense :wall: If I do win it will be because my IDPs showed up big. I am drafting a rough copy of my essay just in case, though.

I'd like to know your scoring system and how this turned out. I would defintely say he covered the spread. ;)
Don't know about his scoring system, but in one of mine which is pretty standard he's leading 99.5 to 95.0, with Edge yet to play. I'm not surprised he didn't bring this one up quite as fast as the other! :rolleyes:

Don't know about his scoring system, but in one of mine which is pretty standard he's leading 99.5 to 95.0, with Edge yet to play. I'm not surprised he didn't bring this one up quite as fast as the other! :rolleyes:
See above.

See above.
I did; we obviously crossed paths. s'matter of fact--I was in the original post adding things when others brought it back to page 1. Didn't stand by your convictions with Boston, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread