What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Fitness Pal (4 Viewers)

Joined a couple of weeks ago. Realized that my "go to" beer for getting drunk quickly is 590 calories for 24oz. :shock:
Yeah, beer will surprise you.... I did see yesterday that Corona Light is only 99 calories. I know that will get a huge :thumbdown: from the beer snobs here but oh well. It's a good beer if you are concerned with calories.

Joined a couple of weeks ago. Realized that my "go to" beer for getting drunk quickly is 590 calories for 24oz. :shock:
Yeah, beer will surprise you.... I did see yesterday that Corona Light is only 99 calories. I know that will get a huge :thumbdown: from the beer snobs here but oh well. It's a good beer if you are concerned with calories.
It did the opposite for me. I decided I'd rather have the better beers with higher alcohol content and have fewer of them.

Day 1 yesterday in the books. My goal is 1840....went 163 calories over. Happy hour with one double tall Kettle tonic and a handful of nachos did me in.

It did the opposite for me. I decided I'd rather have the better beers with higher alcohol content and have fewer of them.
Seems like the best option. I can drink 12 coors lights during the course of a day if I wanted to but I'm very satisfied with 3 or 4 Flying Dogs.

Excellent point MM. I am a beer snob, that said I have become a big fan of a couple light beers when I want one. You can't drink 400-500 calorie beers regularly and expect to keep weight off. Amstel Light is a decent choice.

Start running and punish yourself with more running whenever you cheat.

If you hate running you'll correct your diet issues fast.

I love food and beer so I run, a lot.

started it yesterday also. Went over by 7 calories, which kept bugging me, so I ran in place for a minute and WALA I ended up 8 calories under. :bowtie:

Day 1 yesterday in the books. My goal is 1840....went 163 calories over. Happy hour with one double tall Kettle tonic and a handful of nachos did me in.
Yup, I started this yesterday as well after lunch. Five Guys screwed me...
This is with 30minutes of elliptical which gained me an extra 400 calories. Not easy....my entire day consisted of the below and I still went slightly over:- chocolate chip cookie in the morning- Subway club, bag of doritos and coke fountain drink- one double tall kettle tonic with a handful of nachos at happy hour- salad with turkey and light ranch for dinner with Triscuits and some hummus. 2 glasses of sugar free Crystal light raspberry lemondade.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is with 30minutes of elliptical which gained me an extra 400 calories. Not easy....my entire day consisted of the below and I still went slightly over:- chocolate chip cookie in the morning- Subway club, bag of doritos and coke fountain drink- one double tall kettle tonic with a handful of nachos at happy hour- salad with turkey and light ranch for dinner
When you have all of choclate chip cookies, doritos, coke, alcohol, nachos, and salad dressing it's going to be difficult to lose weight. Pick your poison. This looks like a single man's diet, so I'd say keep the booze.Replace cookie with fruit and oatmeal. Drink water. Replace doritos with almonds. Use vinagerette dressing. Then have another drink and workout a little harder at the gym.

This is with 30minutes of elliptical which gained me an extra 400 calories. Not easy....my entire day consisted of the below and I still went slightly over:- chocolate chip cookie in the morning- Subway club, bag of doritos and coke fountain drink- one double tall kettle tonic with a handful of nachos at happy hour- salad with turkey and light ranch for dinner
When you have all of choclate chip cookies, doritos, coke, alcohol, nachos, and salad dressing it's going to be difficult to lose weight. Pick your poison. This looks like a single man's diet, so I'd say keep the booze.Replace cookie with fruit and oatmeal. Drink water. Replace doritos with almonds. Use vinagerette dressing. Then have another drink and workout a little harder at the gym.
:goodposting: I had 1917 calories yesterday. I had2 packs instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal1/4 cup of nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamias)Zatarain's Dirty Rice w/beef&pork Peach YogurtJello sugar-free puddingZone protein barOrangeSalad w/honey mustard dressing, almonds, croutons, cheese, bacon and tomatoes

Yep, I get it. I'm 6-1, 195lbs right now and workout 5-6 times per week so far from overweight. I set my goal of 188lbs just to see how the app works. It really does make you feel guilty and think twice about anything you put in your mouth, so guess it does the job in that regards.

For the first day, this is great. Seriously. It'll take you a while to really hate going over and substituting out one thing to get to your new calorie goal.
started it yesterday also. Went over by 7 calories, which kept bugging me, so I ran in place for a minute and WALA I ended up 8 calories under. :bowtie:
:thumbup: Keep it up. Once you start losing the weight, it'll be worth it.I will say that at a certain point you plateau a little. January of last year was half way through my weight lose, and I stayed exactly the same weight for an entire month. I was super frustrated and almost quit but I stuck with it. In February, I started to lose weight again and there were some weeks where I lost 2 lbs instead of the 1 within a week.

This is with 30minutes of elliptical which gained me an extra 400 calories. Not easy....my entire day consisted of the below and I still went slightly over:- chocolate chip cookie in the morning

- Subway club, bag of doritos and coke fountain drink

- one double tall kettle tonic with a handful of nachos at happy hour- salad with turkey and light ranch for dinner with Triscuits and some hummus. 2 glasses of sugar free Crystal light raspberry lemondade.
I wonder why? :lmao:

This is with 30minutes of elliptical which gained me an extra 400 calories. Not easy....my entire day consisted of the below and I still went slightly over:- chocolate chip cookie in the morning

- one double tall kettle tonic with a handful of nachos at happy hour- salad with turkey and light ranch for dinner with Triscuits and some hummus. 2 glasses of sugar free Crystal light raspberry lemondade.
BUT MY SUB WAS ON WHEAT BREAD!!!1!1

FAT GUY in a skinny tie.FAT GUY in a skinny tie.

:P :banned:

Start running and punish yourself with more running whenever you cheat.If you hate running you'll correct your diet issues fast.I love food and beer so I run, a lot.
Have you ever mentioned this in the 10k thread? This explains a lot :thumbup:

I used it for a few months and it worked great. It gives you awesome perspective on how many calories are in things. I don't even need to use it anymore, just what I learned with a few months of using it has totally turned my lifestyle around. Now I just go around inwardly laughing/scoffing at the people that think they're being "healthy" and really aren't. A lot of people go to Subway because it's a "healthy" place but probably 95% of the things I see people order in there are worse for you than a Big Mac, with many of them being 2x as many calories or more for something that "seems" healthy.

It also gives you some good insight on stuff that can satisfy your cravings without destroying you. A Big Mac isn't *that* bad for you. It's when you combine it with fries and a 32oz soda or milkshake that things really get out of hand. To satisfy my burger cravings every couple of weeks I'll grab a bag of baked lays and grab a Big Mac with it for lunch. ~800 calories for a "cheat" meal that puts that greasy burger urge back at bay is a great deal.

The iPhone version of the app also gives you a pretty cool graph that really helps (my wife has an Android phone and couldn't find that option on the Android version of the app). It's really good because the graph turns red when you're failing your goal and that really calls out to your competitive spirit to get your #### in check and get that graph green again.
On your first pt, I am there right now. I can tell you how many calories are in 90% of foods without even looking them up now. I still use the site but often times I find myself only logging breakfast & lunch so I know how many calories I have left for dinnerOn your second point, this is so true. I try to eat around 600 calories for dinner. If one day Im craving pizza, I'll only eat 2 slice and thatll be 700 calories. As long as I dont eat a 3rd slice (which I used to do) or anything else for dinner its not even like a cheat meal.
I used it over the winter and lost 25-30 pounds, which puts me at a very good weight (no longer in the overweight category for body fat % or BMI). I agree with what you guys have posted - I've stopped using it as strictly in the past three months, but am still the same weight just due to the things I learned. I do grab a couple slices of pizza or a burger once in awhile, but always at lunch so I can adjust my dinner choices or portions... or do a little exercise so I can eat as much as I want.Also, Coke Zero Cherry helped. Sugared drinks chew up your allocated calories pretty quickly.

This is with 30minutes of elliptical which gained me an extra 400 calories. Not easy....my entire day consisted of the below and I still went slightly over:- chocolate chip cookie in the morning- Subway club, bag of doritos and coke fountain drink- one double tall kettle tonic with a handful of nachos at happy hour- salad with turkey and light ranch for dinner with Triscuits and some hummus. 2 glasses of sugar free Crystal light raspberry lemondade.
Drop the Coke fountain drink (I'm assuming 24 oz, possibly a refill) and you're good.

Also, Coke Zero Cherry helped. Sugared drinks chew up your allocated calories pretty quickly.
I would probably rather have a naturally sweetened drink, even with the calories, than one that is artificially sweetened with chemicals like Aspartame or Acesulfame potassium. You should look into a Black Cherry seltzer. Polar makes a great one.

Also, Coke Zero Cherry helped. Sugared drinks chew up your allocated calories pretty quickly.
I would probably rather have a naturally sweetened drink, even with the calories, than one that is artificially sweetened with chemicals like Aspartame or Acesulfame potassium. You should look into a Black Cherry seltzer. Polar makes a great one.
No thanks. I understand that chemicals are probably all going to end up being bad for us, but I like this drink, it doesn't make me fat, and I haven't been convinced that we know of anything wrong with artificial sweeteners yet.

Just downloaded it. I'm @ 262lbs 5'11. Here's to hoping!

On the topic of diet soda I love the stuff. I know artificial sweeteners are the devil and all but I don't drink booze and I don't smoke. Soda is one thing I'll never give up. I made the switch from regular to diet though!

I started weighing and working out a week ago, but been recording all my stuff the past two days. My tag is Madshot on myfitnesspal, add me if you want to.

How can you view your food diaries besides their status updates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to believe, but 6 soft tacos put me over my daily caloric intake yesterday. :shrug:
Sadly my new binge food (Doritos Locos Tacos) puts me in the hole for about a week. There is green stuff in them, come on!
I decided that, since I am sure that the tacos I made are smaller than the ones that the app used to calculate 250 calories for AND I left the lettuce off, I'm going to put them in at about 10 calories each.

I actually measured out a serving size of cereal this morning.Extremely disappointing.
Yea it definitely is... I've been using two cups of regular cheerios (two times the serving) and throwing in some kind of fruit like bananas or blueberries. I've never been a cheerios fan but I would rather eat more and be less hungry than eat a small portion of some sugary cereal and be hungry in an hour.

Went about 800 over yesterday due to having beer, booze, and 7 layer bean dip for lunch, dinner, and late night snack. I would have been pretty solid except the girlfriend conned me out of working out early and then she didn't want to go later. Amazing how I workout in the morning all the time but when I wait because she wants to go with, but she has to sleep in and get ready like the gym is a fashion show, which of course it is,, thus we almost never get there later in the day.

:blackdot: The last 2 times I have given blood, my blood pressure has been in the "high" range. The first 42 years of my life, it was always "perfect".

Time to get back in shape.

Who knew a McDonalds sausage biscuit had so many calories? :unsure:

Just signed up for MFP today, and tracking my meals today was an eye-opener.

780 under goal today. Not easy though...

- Subway turkey on wheat, bag of harvest cheddar chips, coke

- 2 chicken soft tacos, triscuits and hummus, milk

- 45 min. Elliptical and 3 sets of situps

Big fan of MyFitnessPal, I use it for weight gain and not diet. Love the amount of foods it has, as well as the counters.

I'm on a 6500 calorie 300gm protein diet on off days and 4500, 300gm, on off days. This thing really helps keep me motivated day in day out. I really love trying to break the 6500 calorie goal on days off. hahaha.

Big fan of MyFitnessPal, I use it for weight gain and not diet. Love the amount of foods it has, as well as the counters.

I'm on a 6500 calorie 300gm protein diet on off days and 4500, 300gm, on off days. This thing really helps keep me motivated day in day out. I really love trying to break the 6500 calorie goal on days off. hahaha.
Any tips for trying to gain? Having the opposite goal of 99% of the population makes good advice hard to find.
Head over to bodybuilding.com. I highly recommend the nutrition subforum. Extremely knowledgeable people over there who have loads of great advice to share. Do a search if you don't see what you're looking for stickied. Best of luck!

Just signed up. 0tis -- with a zero. Can someone invite or add me to the group?

Tia

:porked:

Big fan of MyFitnessPal, I use it for weight gain and not diet. Love the amount of foods it has, as well as the counters.I'm on a 6500 calorie 300gm protein diet on off days and 4500, 300gm, on off days. This thing really helps keep me motivated day in day out. I really love trying to break the 6500 calorie goal on days off. hahaha.
Any tips for trying to gain? Having the opposite goal of 99% of the population makes good advice hard to find.
:rant:

Users who are viewing this thread