What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Fitness Pal (2 Viewers)

Just downloaded it. I'm @ 262lbs 5'11. Here's to hoping! On the topic of diet soda I love the stuff. I know artificial sweeteners are the devil and all but I don't drink booze and I don't smoke. Soda is one thing I'll never give up. I made the switch from regular to diet though!
Started mfp in jan. at 265. Down to 205. It can be done

This sounds like money. Downloading now. I'd kill a nun to drop 20lbs.
Much like anything worth doing, sticking with it is the key. Forgetting to log every single thing you eat and all the activities you do during the day only cheats one person. It's a waste if you don't do it 100% but I guarantee you'll see results if you do_Oh, and killing nuns would probably carry other, more detrimental consequences to the diet so I don't recommend that course of action.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take an invite the the FFA group. User = WhatDoIKnow.

Do you guys weigh yourself at the same time every day? I had an almost 5 pound difference between last night and this morning. I worked out and ate well last night, but not enough to lose 5 pounds. :shrug:

I would take an invite the the FFA group. User = WhatDoIKnow.Do you guys weigh yourself at the same time every day? I had an almost 5 pound difference between last night and this morning. I worked out and ate well last night, but not enough to lose 5 pounds. :shrug:
Doot?

If you guys are looking for a quick, healthy breakfast, I've been doing this:

1. Cut a Thomas English Muffin Light in half and toast it.

2. After done, throw on 3 slices of Hormel canadian bacon and 1 slice of american cheese.

3. Toss in microwave for 30 seconds.

Wala....you now have a breakfast sandwich that tastes good and is only 230 calories. Also, it has 19 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber so it'll keep you fairly full for awhile.

:thumbup:

I would take an invite the the FFA group. User = WhatDoIKnow.Do you guys weigh yourself at the same time every day? I had an almost 5 pound difference between last night and this morning. I worked out and ate well last night, but not enough to lose 5 pounds. :shrug:
I do my "official" weigh-in once a week, first thing Monday morning, so as to not deal with the swings. I may weigh myself a few days leading up to Monday just to make sure I'm staying on track for the week.The 5 pound swing you're seeing is more likely than not to be water weight

If you guys are looking for a quick, healthy breakfast, I've been doing this:1. Cut a Thomas English Muffin Light in half and toast it.2. After done, throw on 3 slices of Hormel canadian bacon and 1 slice of american cheese.3. Toss in microwave for 30 seconds.Wala....you now have a breakfast sandwich that tastes good and is only 230 calories. Also, it has 19 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber so it'll keep you fairly full for awhile. :thumbup:
Throw on some egg whites and even better!

If you guys are looking for a quick, healthy breakfast, I've been doing this:1. Cut a Thomas English Muffin Light in half and toast it.2. After done, throw on 3 slices of Hormel canadian bacon and 1 slice of american cheese.3. Toss in microwave for 30 seconds.Wala....you now have a breakfast sandwich that tastes good and is only 230 calories. Also, it has 19 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber so it'll keep you fairly full for awhile. :thumbup:
I would but eggs take time and can get messy (at least for me, anyways). I need breakfast to be as quick as can be so I can be out the door. If I was smart, I'd make the egg and the whole sandwich the night before and just pop it in the microwave in the morning.

Here is the smoothie I drink for breakfast and my mid morning snack (I split the below recipe into two meals/snacks):

Cabots - 2% Milkfat Plain Greek Yogurt, 0.25 cup 38 Calories

Driscoll - Fresh Strawberries - 6 Whole Lg, Strawberries, 75 Calories

Organic Seeds - Flaxseed - Ground, 2 Tbsp 94 Calories

Apple - With Skin, 1 medium 75 Calories

Silk - True Almond Unsweetened Almond Milk, 1 cup 35 Calories

Carrots - Raw, 2 medium 50 12 Calories

Kale - Raw, 2 cup, chopped 67 Calories

Blueberries - Raw, 25 berries 19 Calories

Collard Greens - Raw - Uncooked, 2.5 cups chopped raw (85g) 25 Calories

For a total of 478 Calories or 239 calories per meal/snack

I would but eggs take time and can get messy (at least for me, anyways). I need breakfast to be as quick as can be so I can be out the door. If I was smart, I'd make the egg and the whole sandwich the night before and just pop it in the microwave in the morning.
i do 4 hard boiled eggs now for breakfast. very quick(i do 12 at a time) and healthy. Only 240-320 cals depending on size. all protein and good fats. I also put some sriracha on em. :thumbup:

:unsure:
If only if there was a thread, where he could track his progress with other FBG's who use the app ....
Something tells me the nun is gonna live a long and healthy life
I dunno... with the aid of this app, I lost 20lb with ease. It only took about 6 weeks, I am down about 30 overall.
Otis' track record tells me the app is gonna get as much play as Otis' hand during a Kate Upton dance video.

Always weigh yourself first thing in the morning, your body weight fluctuates several pounds each day so the most accurate reading you'll get is first thing in the morning in which you haven't consumed anything in several hours and almost certainly take a leak right when you get up.

:unsure:
If only if there was a thread, where he could track his progress with other FBG's who use the app ....
Something tells me the nun is gonna live a long and healthy life
I dunno... with the aid of this app, I lost 20lb with ease. It only took about 6 weeks, I am down about 30 overall.
it was a joke based off this thread where we created a group etchttp://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=630239&view=findpost&p=13970600:)

Always weigh yourself first thing in the morning, your body weight fluctuates several pounds each day so the most accurate reading you'll get is first thing in the morning in which you haven't consumed anything in several hours and almost certainly take a leak right when you get up.
Typically when I weigh in but what I would recommend is just being consistent when you weigh in. First thing in the AM is the best time but if you can't for some reason than do it last thing at night just do it at the same time all the time.Dropping 5lbs overnight seems like a bunch but not impossible, specially if you're a big fat #### ;)

With you but you gotta cut out cheese...if you do use it then you gotta step up out of that American, that's the worst.

Here is the smoothie I drink for breakfast and my mid morning snack (I split the below recipe into two meals/snacks):

Cabots - 2% Milkfat Plain Greek Yogurt, 0.25 cup 38 Calories

Driscoll - Fresh Strawberries - 6 Whole Lg, Strawberries, 75 Calories

Organic Seeds - Flaxseed - Ground, 2 Tbsp 94 Calories

Apple - With Skin, 1 medium 75 Calories

Silk - True Almond Unsweetened Almond Milk, 1 cup 35 Calories

Carrots - Raw, 2 medium 50 12 Calories

Kale - Raw, 2 cup, chopped 67 Calories

Blueberries - Raw, 25 berries 19 Calories

Collard Greens - Raw - Uncooked, 2.5 cups chopped raw (85g) 25 Calories

For a total of 478 Calories or 239 calories per meal/snack
Very nice

You always weigh the least when you wake up in the morning.

With you but you gotta cut out cheese...if you do use it then you gotta step up out of that American, that's the worst.
Nah, you gotta balance taste and nutrition. Without the single slice of cheese, it's just not as tasty.(at least in my experiences....can't speak for eoMMan).

nothing wrong with one slice of cheese in the morning. Typically its around 50 calories

The issue with cheese isn't raw calories, it's those calories don't satisfy hunger. From my experience, people who don't cut cheese out of their diet struggle most with weight loss.

The issue with cheese isn't raw calories, it's those calories don't satisfy hunger. From my experience, people who don't cut cheese out of their diet struggle most with weight loss.
Hey, in a perfect world, sure Id say cut cheese out. Im not a huge cheese fan so not a big deal for me. But some people love it and all Im saying is one slice wont kill you. Plus its not like they are eating one slice of cheese to satisfy their hunger. Its a topping on a sandwich. The rest of the sandwich will satisfy the hunger so the slice of cheese doesnt exactly make them hungrier.

Hey, in a perfect world, sure Id say cut cheese out. Im not a huge cheese fan so not a big deal for me. But some people love it and all Im saying is one slice wont kill you. Plus its not like they are eating one slice of cheese to satisfy their hunger. Its a topping on a sandwich. The rest of the sandwich will satisfy the hunger so the slice of cheese doesnt exactly make them hungrier.
The other thing to consider is you can eat whatever the hell you want, whenever you want, just don't go over your program calories for the day. Eat a whole block of cheese if you want but remember that at 6 or 7pm when you are starving and out of calories for the day you screwed yourself by eating that block of cheese for breakfast.It all comes down to self regulation. If you have little self control then you are going to struggle with whatever you do. Why this program seems to work so well is twofold. 1.) It's brain dead simple and easy to use and 2.) it surprises the hell out of you how many calories you take in with the junk you eat.If it doesn't then this program isn't for you.

Just downloaded it. I'm @ 262lbs 5'11. Here's to hoping! On the topic of diet soda I love the stuff. I know artificial sweeteners are the devil and all but I don't drink booze and I don't smoke. Soda is one thing I'll never give up. I made the switch from regular to diet though!
Started mfp in jan. at 265. Down to 205. It can be done
:goodposting: I started at 256 in January, now down to 208
Congrats both of you and that's wonderful to hear!I can really see how this thing works. I had what I thought would be an awful day yesterday but it turned out awesome. My goal calories are 1740.For breakfast I had 1 cup of shredded frosted mini wheats with 1/2 a cup of 2% milk. (Used to eat about 3 cups)I had two slices of plain pizza for lunch with a diet soda. (Used to eat 4)Had a 1/2 pound burger at Fuddruckers topped with lettuce, tomato and a fried egg with a diet soda(Used to always get the 1lb burger with fries)Finished 25 cals under for the day.

Not disagreeing with that, the problem I've witnessed is the trade off. Most people would like to end the day with their favorite drink(s), a bowl of ice cream, some popcorn, etc. If you nickel and dime your calories with things like cheese throughout the day there isn't room at the end of the day for those treats. People don't want to give up their treats which often leads to failure to reach their goals because they lack self control. I know, I'm one of them. I exercise too much, and used to exercise more, and it's because I love food and alcohol. Exercise is my offset, thankfully I enjoy it. I know I have no self control when it comes to food so I don't bring any $ with me to work and only have the food I stock in the fridge - oatmeal, a sandwich, 2 portions of fruit, 2 portions of vegetables, a bottle of water I refill throughout the day, and the (black) cup of coffee I brewed at home. My wife makes dinner and it's usually relatively healthy. I don't eat until somewhere between 7 and 8 because I won't go home until I have exercised, or else I'm less likely to get it done. That doesn't leave much time to eat bad foods at night as I'm ready for bed by the time I'm hungry again. By doing this I can break the routine and do whatever I want over the weekend with little to no effect. In the end, it's all about knowing one's strengths and ones weaknesses and how to best get around those weaknesses, if they can't be corrected. I know my case is not the minority one though.Not saying eating things like cheese won't work for you or anyone else in particular, but from what I've seen in the people I used to work with re getting in better health the ones who wouldn't give up cheese (pop and crap filled' coffee too) usually had less success than ones that did. Emtry calorie killers.

High fat and high protein foods increase satiety (they keep you feeling full for longer).

High fat and high protein foods increase satiety (they keep you feeling full for longer).
So youre saying if I have an egg sandwich with ham and one slice of cheese, Im gonna be hungier than if I had an egg sandwich with ham and no cheese?

Is it really a private group over there that requires an invite? If so, please send one to me, djdozier over there. I've really fallen off track. My goal was to get in shape for this summer, which I've obviously missed. New goal=fit by 40 (next May). I need some accountability. My wife and I both want to get in shape, but we are co-dependant when it comes to junk food, and we break each others' wills too often.

So youre saying if I have an egg sandwich with ham and one slice of cheese, Im gonna be hungier than if I had an egg sandwich with ham and no cheese?
No I am saying the opposite, cheese is a high fat food (which, like high protein food, helps you feel full longer than high carb foods). Although in this specific scenario the difference would likely be negligible.I would suggest ditching the English muffin and adding another piece of ham. At the same number of calories the ham, egg, cheese, ham sandwich will keep you feeling full longer than the English muffin, ham, egg, cheese sandwich.

Naked just before the shower every morning.

'Tick said:
'WhatDoIKnow said:
Naked just before the shower every morning.
go on :popcorn:

Grilled Bell Peppers

[*]Cut up bell peppers

[*]Spray with Pam Olive Oil spray

[*]Lightly cover with kosher salt and ground pepper

[*]Grill (skin side down) for a few minutes

[*]At first side of skin turning black, flip on other side for a few minutes

30 cals per bell pepper and very very tasty

Don't know if you guys do this... but when adding items on a smart phone, you can take a picture of the barcode symbol, and the product information (calories and servings, etc.) pops right up. Unless it is some local item that can only be found in your area.

This makes entering calories so much easier.

Don't know if you guys do this... but when adding items on a smart phone, you can take a picture of the barcode symbol, and the product information (calories and servings, etc.) pops right up. Unless it is some local item that can only be found in your area.This makes entering calories so much easier.
I've even found some regional grocery store products using the bar code... I like how users can add foods that others can use.

guys there is no group
I'm not really sure what a group does but I'll start one called "footballguys" ... if you're interested shoot me a PM or post your MFP ID here and I'll send you an invite.EDIT: There already is a group, I scheduled this group for deletion. Ask BellJr for an invite to the Fat Ball Guys group

Users who are viewing this thread