What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Fitness Pal (3 Viewers)

Hit 365 consecutive log in days yesterday. I know quite a few have gotten to their goal and stopped the app since they understood their diet and had a good grasp of calorie counts. I do too but, unfortunately, need something to keep me honest and this is an easy way to do it. I have broadened my diet over the last year and am in maintenance mode right now (have been up as much as 10 pounds over from my low weight - dang winter months, but staying within 5 pounds for the most part). If nothing else, the recipe feature is worth using the app for me - I can input the meals I really liked and plan to do again and makes the entries easier.

Good luck to you guys/gals still/beginning/re-starting with your diets and using the app.

Somebody gave me some cured tuna in a jar. Any way to find out what the calorie content is on that? Internet has failed me today.
Cured with sodium? Shouldn't alter the caloric content much beyond regular tuna.

Generally speaking lean proteins are 30-40 calories per ounce.

Blew past the 40lb mark today in a little over 5 months... Thanks in LARGE LARGE part to MyFitnessPal app and my awesome girlfriend whos in stellar shape (5'4" 35yo 115lb asianed gal) but still uses the app and goes along on walks/jogs and puts up with stringent eating plans to keep me motivated :thumbup:

Posted this on FaceSpace Today. Kinda dig it.

Thank you MyFitnessPal :thumbup:

Cleaning/yardwork is walking with some light upper body resistance thrown in. Wear a HRM and tell it you are walking and see what it reports. You might be surprised.

What I want to know is what people put in for sex.
Wear a HRM and see what it reports?

Back on as of yesterday after almost a year absence. I had lost 20 lbs previously but gained most back. My bad cholesterol LDL is through the roof, my doc gave me three months to get it under control (show marked improvement) through diet and exercise. Love that MFP tracks cholesterol, very helpful!

I've been MFPing for almost 3 months... down 35lbs. hadn't been to a doctor in 8 years, but figured it was time to go. Thought for sure my BP, cholesterol and other "vitals" would be in danger range, since I'm still about 25lbs overweight. Thankfully, everything was in the normal-to-excellent range (except the Dr did recommend losing 15-20lbs). Absolutely amazed my cholesterol isn't high (182).

I've been MFPing for almost 3 months... down 35lbs. hadn't been to a doctor in 8 years, but figured it was time to go. Thought for sure my BP, cholesterol and other "vitals" would be in danger range, since I'm still about 25lbs overweight. Thankfully, everything was in the normal-to-excellent range (except the Dr did recommend losing 15-20lbs). Absolutely amazed my cholesterol isn't high (182).
Great job. My doc pulled a fast one on me, gave me a script for bloodwork when I was in there for an antibiotic. My total cholesterol is 249, of which 184 is just my LDL. Other than cutting out everything that tastes good, should be a breeze to get that down :)

Attaboy! Been following ya on MFP and admire your dedication!

back tracking to lose the 20 i put back on...

lost 5 pounds of water th/fr and then put it all back sunday :)

i have vacation august 19 hoping for 20 by then...

i know its too aggressive but i have been yoyoing the past 6 months

Just buckle down and do it, buddy! I've dropped over 40 in the last 6 months. and thats with a 1 month break during late may, early june. If I can do it I know you can. Suck it up and know that you're gonna not have any culinary fun for the next 4-5 months... but then you can start easing back stuff you like (in moderation now).

Back on this too. I thought I could take this lessons learned from my first drop and use it to maintain a good weight, but I've started to creep up and had one of those 'oh ####' days when seeing a picture from 4th of July. Trying to lose another 7 to 10 before vacation in mid-August.

Cleaning/yardwork is walking with some light upper body resistance thrown in. Wear a HRM and tell it you are walking and see what it reports. You might be surprised.

What I want to know is what people put in for sex.
Wear a HRM and see what it reports?
Yeah, that's going to go over well.

I've been off the wagon using this app. Trying to get the wife onboard, but she hates using her phone for anything but texting. She doesn't have a ton to lose or anything but she's trying to put on some muscle doing some beachbody stuff.

I've maintained a lean 150 while dropping nearly 4% bodyfat doing insanity. I've only got about 10 days left on the program. I thought I'd go down to 145 and struggle to put on muscle but the program is working. If anything it does give you a much greater feel for macros.

Great job. My doc pulled a fast one on me, gave me a script for bloodwork when I was in there for an antibiotic. My total cholesterol is 249, of which 184 is just my LDL. Other than cutting out everything that tastes good, should be a breeze to get that down :)
That LDL is very high. You may want to see a professional nutrition adviser imo.

Just buckle down and do it, buddy! I've dropped over 40 in the last 6 months. and thats with a 1 month break during late may, early june. If I can do it I know you can. Suck it up and know that you're gonna not have any culinary fun for the next 4-5 months... but then you can start easing back stuff you like (in moderation now).
luckily i only need to lose 20 to get back to my 180 college weight, of course it was muscle back then ;) , that is my comfort level 175to 180..i have done it numerous times before and have to again :fatty:

Been on it for a year. Down 125 and easily could have been 135 had I not been to a party and went away for two vacations in the past 30 days. Glad to see so many trying this app out, it can change your life.

Parmacat > Saw your question on there.

jmho if you are going to a gym with the purpose to lift heavy objects you should follow new rules of lifting. Read that before starting a program.

Otherwise if lifting heavy things isn't your speed try to do something group exercise wise like spin classes or full body bodyweight stuff. Most gyms offer these classes for free.

imoimoimo

I think I'll use leg diameter to track body fat%. No idea why fat% isn't an option. That's a black hole in this app imo.

When you get cut does gravy ooze out?

When you get cut does gravy ooze out?
No, just butter. I've been doing well so far, we'll see how much of its #### I can kick in 3 months!

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Been on it for a year. Down 125 and easily could have been 135 had I not been to a party and went away for two vacations in the past 30 days. Glad to see so many trying this app out, it can change your life.
:hifive:

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Nice! :thumbup

Thanks guys. I have a couple friends I played ball with that still eat like they did when they were playing and they have all tried the app and quit using it after having some pretty decent success. They all said it was too big of a pain in the @#% to entire every thing they ate.

It amazes me that taking a minute or two a day to log your food is seen as a giant hassle and worth giving up on the app even though its helping them be successful. :shrug:

Thanks guys. I have a couple friends I played ball with that still eat like they did when they were playing and they have all tried the app and quit using it after having some pretty decent success. They all said it was too big of a pain in the @#% to entire every thing they ate.

It amazes me that taking a minute or two a day to log your food is seen as a giant hassle and worth giving up on the app even though its helping them be successful. :shrug:
I just entered my entire day of food in under 1 minute. It doesn't hurt that I plan things out now (have my breakfast, lunch, and snacks with me here at work and know what I'm doing for dinner... but still. The app is remarkably easy to use. It's simply an excuse... they don't want to lose the weight badly enough yet. They'll learn eventually... hopefully. Hopefully it's before the heart attack hits or diabetes sets in.

I just entered my entire day of food in under 1 minute. It doesn't hurt that I plan things out now (have my breakfast, lunch, and snacks with me here at work and know what I'm doing for dinner... but still. The app is remarkably easy to use. It's simply an excuse... they don't want to lose the weight badly enough yet. They'll learn eventually... hopefully. Hopefully it's before the heart attack hits or diabetes sets in.
This was a big fear of mine and I am really fearful for two of my buddies. The one played TE HS/College and is now the size of an NFL lineman. His wife begged me to get him started on MFP (I did). As you said, he just doesn't want it enough. He lost 50lbs in 4 months and then quit using it and is putting it back on.

This was a big fear of mine and I am really fearful for two of my buddies. The one played TE HS/College and is now the size of an NFL lineman. His wife begged me to get him started on MFP (I did). As you said, he just doesn't want it enough. He lost 50lbs in 4 months and then quit using it and is putting it back on.
Wow. That type of success will usually really motivate people. Amazing that he would could lose 15% of his body weight and not be inspired to keep going. That sucks... I used to love devouring 2/3rds of a Large Supreme Pizza. I love living to see 60, or not having to have my feet cut off more, though. So much preventable disease associated with not being a lardass.... not to mention the confidence, the feeling better, the clothes fitting better, people treating you better...etc.

Now that I'm 90% of the way to my goal, I look back and my biggest regret was not getting serious about it earlier.... and I'm sure that's a common thread among many of us in here. It's really NOT that hard.

Wow. That type of success will usually really motivate people. Amazing that he would could lose 15% of his body weight and not be inspired to keep going. That sucks... I used to love devouring 2/3rds of a Large Supreme Pizza. I love living to see 60, or not having to have my feet cut off more, though. So much preventable disease associated with not being a lardass.... not to mention the confidence, the feeling better, the clothes fitting better, people treating you better...etc.

Now that I'm 90% of the way to my goal, I look back and my biggest regret was not getting serious about it earlier.... and I'm sure that's a common thread among many of us in here. It's really NOT that hard.
Couldn't agree more. If i could only find a great tasting low calorie beer my dreams would be answered. Every time I go on vacation or go to a party, beer ruins a month of work. Maybe its time to be a vodka and tonic guy?

Couldn't agree more. If i could only find a great tasting low calorie beer my dreams would be answered. Every time I go on vacation or go to a party, beer ruins a month of work. Maybe its time to be a vodka and tonic guy?
Guiness?

The latest android update is so great. When I switched from 4s to s4 I was really bummed at how poor quality the MFP app was and basically said, meh screw it. Now it supports even more information than the ios app did when I left the 4s (though that doesn't mean ios app hasn't gotten same support in meantime).

does anyone feel like the net calories are too low.

i put down sedentary since i sit at a desk. i have the same net calories as my wife has to lose weight, 1200 and she only weighs 115..

i put down sedentary since i sit at a desk. i have the same net calories as my wife has to lose weight, 1200 and she only weighs 115..
how many pounds a week did you set it to?

Ok I'm starting this back up again. I'm Madshot on mfp. My girlfriend and roommate shale be the biggest hurdles in this. I lost the majority of my weight before I moved and meet both of them a while back. My roommate eats 2-3k calories per meal twice a day and always tries and get everyone involved. Not to mentioned the random box of cupcakes, 72oz bag of pretzel m&ms, or 5 pints of icecream he will bring home on any given day. My girlfriend eats fine but loves to sleep. Problem is I need a firm workout schedule to stay committed but she always wants to join me, but she never wakes up until its way past my ideal workout times(early morning). Last but most important, what is your guys go to beer/drink when on this? I'm mostly a beer guy but have been venturing into some gin and tonics lately. I usually stay local and go with Sierra Nevada beer, but they are on the high end of calories so idk.

Lastly, culdeus we need to play some gears 3 again soon, good times always.

Last edited by a moderator:

how many pounds a week did you set it to?
2 a week. this first week i am down to 197 , i know the first week is a big one, i just am worried i am not eating enough. a long time ago a nutritionist put me on 1800 :shrug: eating a lot of granola and fruit and eggs, tuna and chicken im good most of the day but find i am starving around 9 especially if i worked out. i have been hitting about 1300 net

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread