What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFBG: new league import system (1 Viewer)

Well you already aren't projecting them, so a zero projection gives me the exact same information and analysis that you are already providing me by not projecting them at all.  I'm not losing anything with that.

What I'm gaining is that the reports I run and analyze on my own are now accurate.  A huge part of the benefit of this system is that we have one interface to run all our leagues from.  I can bookmark 10 different MFL stat pages and go to each one and run 5 pulldowns on each one, or I can do all of that on a single page here.  Some of your reports are even more robust than the MFL equivalents are and I strongly prefer to use this page to consolidate all of that info - that's a huge value-add.  But it loses its luster if it's wrong and I have to run that stuff on MFL to trust it.

The #1 thing we do is project. I do think that's the main goal of Footballguys, to help with projections given your scoring.

I can see the added value in historical stats and the like across your leagues. I get that. I don't want you or anyone else to think we don't do things just because we're being obstinate! So I will share some details as to why that's not an easy hit-a-button-and-make-it-happen feature.

All our pages are built to deal with leagues both imported, and manually added.

That means the pages that deal with stats for past performances operate over two things:

1) the scoring system we have on file for that league

2) the stats that we have on file for the NFL

We combine those to get the fantasy points for past weeks for any given player.

What I think you're suggesting is that we show historical points scored for all leagues, regardless of if we support that scoring.

The issue is that we'd need to import that data. Which we don't currently do; just scoring. Stats are also proprietary data, just check out how much Stats LLC charge for an annual subscription! So while we pay our own sub (to a stats provider) for subscriptions, re-publishing scores, that are based on other stats, directly from another site may have its issues.

The secondary thing I can see there is people seeing we have the historical stuff there and then asking why we don't have the projections too. That would be particularly confusing when viewing a matchup on a Monday. All the Sunday players would have their scores correct there, but the  MNF guys would be off, which would be strange.

Some of your leagues specifically have punters; we don't have those in our database. So that's going to cause issues when trying to display the full statistics too (same goes for head coaches).

This thread wouldn't exist if we weren't constantly looking to improve the services we offer and the ease with which we integrate with your league providers. So the feedback is for sure noted and taken on board (I have put it in our "Ideas" column on our kanban board for this project). This is a constant moving thing, never a finished product now, and we'll always be seeking to make this better and improve it. So thank you for taking the time to explain this to me!

The #1 thing we do is project. I do think that's the main goal of Footballguys, to help with projections given your scoring.

I can see the added value in historical stats and the like across your leagues. I get that. I don't want you or anyone else to think we don't do things just because we're being obstinate! So I will share some details as to why that's not an easy hit-a-button-and-make-it-happen feature.

All our pages are built to deal with leagues both imported, and manually added.

That means the pages that deal with stats for past performances operate over two things:

1) the scoring system we have on file for that league

2) the stats that we have on file for the NFL

We combine those to get the fantasy points for past weeks for any given player.

What I think you're suggesting is that we show historical points scored for all leagues, regardless of if we support that scoring.

The issue is that we'd need to import that data. Which we don't currently do; just scoring. Stats are also proprietary data, just check out how much Stats LLC charge for an annual subscription! So while we pay our own sub (to a stats provider) for subscriptions, re-publishing scores, that are based on other stats, directly from another site may have its issues.

The secondary thing I can see there is people seeing we have the historical stuff there and then asking why we don't have the projections too. That would be particularly confusing when viewing a matchup on a Monday. All the Sunday players would have their scores correct there, but the  MNF guys would be off, which would be strange.

Some of your leagues specifically have punters; we don't have those in our database. So that's going to cause issues when trying to display the full statistics too (same goes for head coaches).

This thread wouldn't exist if we weren't constantly looking to improve the services we offer and the ease with which we integrate with your league providers. So the feedback is for sure noted and taken on board (I have put it in our "Ideas" column on our kanban board for this project). This is a constant moving thing, never a finished product now, and we'll always be seeking to make this better and improve it. So thank you for taking the time to explain this to me!
Just import the scoring as MFL has it.  It's part of the API and you don't need a stats feed.  Zero column the projections for that category or position and don't include it in your projections table.  It's been a while since I did database work (a long while) but this doesn't seem like it's a big deal.

Just import the scoring as MFL has it.  It's part of the API and you don't need a stats feed.  Zero column the projections for that category or position and don't include it in your projections table.  It's been a while since I did database work (a long while) but this doesn't seem like it's a big deal.
You'll just have to take it from me (who's coded it) that it is! I've tried to explain as best I can above. It's not a database-driven system. Much of this code lives in a no-sql world where a lot is generated on the fly (often in your browser, as opposed to on our servers)  If this was easy, trust me - I'd do it. This thread wouldn't exist if we weren't trying to improve the system.

FFPC, RT Sports, Fleaflicker and MFL are now all live.

https://my.footballguys.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guys provide an overview of what functionality is where?  There seems to be a lot of stuff on the old MyFBG that is not on the new one.  And there is stuff on the new where honestly I'm not sure what the heck I'm looking at.  For example, I am clicking Roster under Waivers & Trades and it's not my roster.  It's a mix of my players, free agents, and other rostered players like a random sampling of guys.  Then I come back to that page 5 minutes later and my roster is there.   But it doesn't show the IDP players.

Everything seems to rely on rest of season projections.  There's nothing here with value for dynasty players to manage their roster.  The old system has easy to see and easy to use menu system and clearly shows rostered players, my players and free agents in a screen like this (But this isn't usable for 2018 leagues!!!):

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/myviewstats.php?pos=dl&yr=2017&profile=0

Can you guys provide an overview of what functionality is where?  There seems to be a lot of stuff on the old MyFBG that is not on the new one.  And there is stuff on the new where honestly I'm not sure what the heck I'm looking at.  For example, I am clicking Roster under Waivers & Trades and it's not my roster.  It's a mix of my players, free agents, and other rostered players like a random sampling of guys.  Then I come back to that page 5 minutes later and my roster is there.   But it doesn't show the IDP players.
The new system is currently still set to 2017 data on our end. I need to update it to 2018 next week. At that point, this will all kick into gear. But here are the equivalents:

MyFBG Classic "In-Season Features"

• Custom Waiver Wire Report = WAIVERS & TRADES => Waivers/FA => All Free Agents
  • My Weekly Cheatsheet (Inseason) = LINEUPS => Week Rankings => Players
  • My Team News, Projections and Matchup Analysis = WAIVERS & TRADES => Roster => News for news. LINEUPS => Matchup will cover the rest. News is there too on a matchup or player level.
  • Custom Top 200 Forward = WAIVERS & TRADES => Season Rankings => Forward
  • View Stats = WAIVERS & TRADES => Season Rankings => To Date
  • Fantasy Points Allowed = LINEUPS => Week Rankings => Matchups
  • Custom Strength-of-schedule = LINEUPS => Week Rankings => Matchups as well
  • My contest team/My playoff contest team: these do not relate to your MFL/Yahoo etc leagues so remain as before. One way to access them is the links through the old MyFBG system, there are other navigations to them on the site as well.
The Preseason features will be/are covered by the Draft Dominator.

So everything is covered, but give me a week here to get the new system up to date. In the meantime, MyFBG Classic will be doing all the stuff that it's ever done at this time of year, and it does it based on the league data imported by the new system. 

One last note I wanted to make in relation to dynasty leagues at this time of year. We've never had projections leading to dynasty advice at this time of year. We have manually added dynasty rankings, but that's always been the full extent of it. As soon as projections are published, the new MyFBG system will be showing rankings for 2018 which will then be of use.

The old system has easy to see and easy to use menu system and clearly shows rostered players, my players and free agents in a screen like this (But this isn't usable for 2018 leagues!!!):
your link is for 2017 stats. 2018 hasn't happened yet so there's no way we could get that screen working for 2018. Once projections are in, those pages will appear on classic MyFBG too.

Having looked at our customer survey results the last two years, I would have to disagree that people knew where to find these MyFBG tools. But any menu system that you are familiar with is of course easier to use than one completely new to you. What we would ask is that you guys take the time trying to get to know the new system once all the data is pointed at 2018. Because the flip side to this of course is that there's a ton of stuff in the new system that doesn't exist at all in the old system. Like:

• Lineup advice based on win % chance
  • Charts showing your projected points distribution vs your opponent
  • Trade analyzer/trade finder
  • Roster analysis on a positional level
  • Comparing all league rosters by weekly projected points/projected points by position
  • Stock up waiver wire report
  • Ability to mix multiple projection sets (e.g. 50% Dodds, 50% Bloom)

The new system is currently still set to 2017 data on our end. I need to update it to 2018 next week. At that point, this will all kick into gear. But here are the equivalents:

MyFBG Classic "In-Season Features"

• Custom Waiver Wire Report = WAIVERS & TRADES => Waivers/FA => All Free Agents
  • My Weekly Cheatsheet (Inseason) = LINEUPS => Week Rankings => Players
  • My Team News, Projections and Matchup Analysis = WAIVERS & TRADES => Roster => News for news. LINEUPS => Matchup will cover the rest. News is there too on a matchup or player level.
  • Custom Top 200 Forward = WAIVERS & TRADES => Season Rankings => Forward
  • View Stats = WAIVERS & TRADES => Season Rankings => To Date
  • Fantasy Points Allowed = LINEUPS => Week Rankings => Matchups
  • Custom Strength-of-schedule = LINEUPS => Week Rankings => Matchups as well
  • My contest team/My playoff contest team: these do not relate to your MFL/Yahoo etc leagues so remain as before. One way to access them is the links through the old MyFBG system, there are other navigations to them on the site as well.
The Preseason features will be/are covered by the Draft Dominator.

So everything is covered, but give me a week here to get the new system up to date. In the meantime, MyFBG Classic will be doing all the stuff that it's ever done at this time of year, and it does it based on the league data imported by the new system. 

One last note I wanted to make in relation to dynasty leagues at this time of year. We've never had projections leading to dynasty advice at this time of year. We have manually added dynasty rankings, but that's always been the full extent of it. As soon as projections are published, the new MyFBG system will be showing rankings for 2018 which will then be of use.

your link is for 2017 stats. 2018 hasn't happened yet so there's no way we could get that screen working for 2018. Once projections are in, those pages will appear on classic MyFBG too.

Having looked at our customer survey results the last two years, I would have to disagree that people knew where to find these MyFBG tools. But any menu system that you are familiar with is of course easier to use than one completely new to you. What we would ask is that you guys take the time trying to get to know the new system once all the data is pointed at 2018. Because the flip side to this of course is that there's a ton of stuff in the new system that doesn't exist at all in the old system. Like:

• Lineup advice based on win % chance
  • Charts showing your projected points distribution vs your opponent
  • Trade analyzer/trade finder
  • Roster analysis on a positional level
  • Comparing all league rosters by weekly projected points/projected points by position
  • Stock up waiver wire report
  • Ability to mix multiple projection sets (e.g. 50% Dodds, 50% Bloom)
Thank you for posting this.  It helps understand the new system and where to find stuff.  You developed and maybe even designed this so I know you're intimately familiar with the functionality but your users are not.

Couple of other pieces of feedback.

The classic MYFBG had reports that popped out at you.  White are rostered players, yellow are my players and blue are free agents.  The light green for my players is okay but the light gray that is barely different from the off white background is not easy to see.  It doesn't jump out at the reader and make it easy to find the free agents in a list of all players.  

Also, I would add links to the contest at least when they are ready so my.footballguys can become a one stop shop for your subscribers.  I don't want to go find that somewhere else on the site when it's tied to me and my account with FBG.

I would also suggest adding links to the rankings (redraft, dynasty, etc...) and color those like the stats with my players and free agents.

I would also suggest making the projections a lot easier to find.  There's nothing functional for me to go look for projections under a link to my Rosters.  I also don't see projections when I go there.  And the players under "Roster" aren't my players it's a random sampling of my players, other rostered players and free agents.  If I switch leagues then I see my roster correctly but still don't see any projections.

Just to update everyone again:

The next release on this will be this Thursday.

It will add support for:

• FFPC
  • RT Sports
  • Fleaflicker
It will also fix some minor (as in, not affecting many users) MFL issues.

No other provider that we have historically supported are yet online for 2018, but as soon as they come online, we'll be working on integrating them.

As for data, within 2 weeks of the draft finishing, we'll have projections and can then start to get tools online for the preseason. I'm really excited to get the Draft Dominator out there for this year, as I know entering keepers and draft order for dynasty leagues has been ridiculously tedious in previous years. That will work on automated import, even down to keepers added to specific picks in the draft.
If you pull this off I will stalk you for the rest of your days as my mancrush will be elevated to stalker level! As a fan of the Dominator adding all of the Dynasty Players to prepare for the draft is a pain in the astronomical body part! By the way  I’m a Fleaflicker user;)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!! 

Tex

@Simon Shepherd

The scoring for my leagues look correct when I check it on Edit My Leagues --- League Scoring.  But then I go to Season Rankings, To_Date to look at the stats and the total points and points per game aren't even close.

@Joe Bryant

What do we have to do to keep the classic MYFBG running with 2018 leagues?  We went through this last year where dynasty league players did not have it available during crucial parts of the dynasty season.  We are doing it again in 2018.  Disappointing.

@Simon Shepherd

The scoring for my leagues look correct when I check it on Edit My Leagues --- League Scoring.  But then I go to Season Rankings, To_Date to look at the stats and the total points and points per game aren't even close.
I will personally check all your leagues this morning and get back to you via PM. I'll check your rosters too for the roster issue. Thanks for letting us know about these.

What do we have to do to keep the classic MYFBG running with 2018 leagues?  We went through this last year where dynasty league players did not have it available during crucial parts of the dynasty season.  We are doing it again in 2018.  Disappointing.
All your leagues in the new system are coming across to the old system that runs MyFBG Classic. All dynasty content we've ever had at this time of year is fully available now and functioning with the new league system. Anything you're seeing that suggests otherwise, just shout here and we can check it out. But we're not holding any content back from you at all. Everything is fully available.

Forgive me for answering on @Joe Bryant's behalf; he'd likely just ask me for the appropriate response here anyway given our plan was to have everything up and running before the NFL draft.

BigTex said:
If you pull this off I will stalk you for the rest of your days as my mancrush will be elevated to stalker level! As a fan of the Dominator adding all of the Dynasty Players to prepare for the draft is a pain in the astronomical body part! By the way  I’m a Fleaflicker user;)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!! 

Tex
Hey @BigTex yes, the new system will handle this for you when we release the Draft Dominator, no-one should need to do this tedious typing in ever again for the leagues we support.

Hey @BigTex yes, the new system will handle this for you when we release the Draft Dominator, no-one should need to do this tedious typing in ever again for the leagues we support.
Thank you! Over the years this has been the biggest head ache for sure. Thank you for doing this. You guys have done a lot over the last few years to go over and beyond to take care of your guest base! THANK YOU!

Tex

More updates:

• fixed: issue where scoring rules for specific positions were applying to all players
  • different-per-site position designations: this is one long overdue. In the past, we've leaned on our John Norton to say for each IDP player what their position is. The reality is that often, different sites have different designations for the same player, so no one position works for everyone. Now, on the new system, when you import a league, Footballguys will list each player as the league site has them. One player to test on this is Tyson Alualu; FBG has him as DT but MFL at DE. On my.footballguys.com for MFL leagues, he'll always now show as DE.

@Joe Bryant @Sigmund Bloom @David Dodds

This really has nothing to do with MYFBG but the search function wasn't working a minute ago so not sure where to ask.  It's May now and there haven't been any IDP dynasty content all spring long and only Bloom is doing IDP rookies.  Have you guys just checked out of the IDP market?  Or what can we expect with that?

@Joe Bryant @Sigmund Bloom @David Dodds

This really has nothing to do with MYFBG but the search function wasn't working a minute ago so not sure where to ask.  It's May now and there haven't been any IDP dynasty content all spring long and only Bloom is doing IDP rookies.  Have you guys just checked out of the IDP market?  Or what can we expect with that?
any questions like this, the best way to get responses is going to be on our help desk: http://sportsguys.zendesk.com/ we have dedicated staff year round who will chase down any answers you need.

On this one, I've asked Joe, David and Sig for an update on IDP content.

any questions like this, the best way to get responses is going to be on our help desk: http://sportsguys.zendesk.com/ we have dedicated staff year round who will chase down any answers you need.

On this one, I've asked Joe, David and Sig for an update on IDP content.
Thanks @Simon Shepherd    @Ramblin Wreck what Simon said is right - http://sportsguys.zendesk.com/  is by far the way to get help fastest. And we're working on IDP content with stuff from Dave Larkin and John Norton that should be ready soon. Thanks. 

This doesn't seem to be working at all for me in Firefox.  Not a single link or option I click opens anything up.

I opened up the same page in Chrome and it's working.

Thanks.  Bummer.  I’m shocked Fantrax isn’t above 5% usage.  

Is there any way you could list the sites above the 5% threshold?  My league is talking about making a change and list would be helpful for the discussion.  Thx.  
Possibly self-fulfilling, I played 6 leagues on Fantrax last year and just used a different site that does support Fantrax which is why I am subscribed there now and not here.

gianmarco said:
This doesn't seem to be working at all for me in Firefox.  Not a single link or option I click opens anything up.

I opened up the same page in Chrome and it's working.
For me it works just fine in Firefox. So we're looking at something computer-specific. Please do open a ticket with us on the http://sportsguys.zendesk.com site FAO Simon and we can sort it out for you there. Better than boring everyone here in the forums with a back and forth about which firefox version you have, the OS you're running etc!

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
Possibly self-fulfilling, I played 6 leagues on Fantrax last year and just used a different site that does support Fantrax which is why I am subscribed there now and not here.
I'll add another vote to the Fantrax support. There is louder noise for other features right at this moment but we will always be listening.

@Simon Shepherd

I have a feeling that there could be another place to put this so apologies for putting it here.  But there appears to be a mapping issue with Ronald Jones.  It appears that MFL's version of Ronald Jones and FBG's version aren't the same guy.  As a result, Jones is showing up as a free agent in the rankings lists.

wakelawyer said:
@Simon Shepherd

I have a feeling that there could be another place to put this so apologies for putting it here.  But there appears to be a mapping issue with Ronald Jones.  It appears that MFL's version of Ronald Jones and FBG's version aren't the same guy.  As a result, Jones is showing up as a free agent in the rankings lists.
thanks @wakelawyer, fixed! You'll need to resync the league to pickup the change.

@Simon Shepherd Is there a way that we can tweak our league settings after we have imported them?  I have a couple leagues that have a little more complicated scoring system.  I imported the league settings through myfbg and the scoring is off, especially in QB projections.  I can't seem to find an area where I can edit the scoring parameters.

@Simon Shepherd Is there a way that we can tweak our league settings after we have imported them?  I have a couple leagues that have a little more complicated scoring system.  I imported the league settings through myfbg and the scoring is off, especially in QB projections.  I can't seem to find an area where I can edit the scoring parameters.
I have a solution for you guys coming this week.

I wanted to always import as optimally as possible, but I hope everyone can understand that that's not always possible. We can't physically support and project every single rule out there; turns out to interpret them all as approximately as possible into the FBG system is pretty much an impossible task too!

So: if your scoring is supported by us, it gets perfectly imported.

Anything that isn't supported, is ignored.

If you want to customize the scoring (for instance, to approximate rules like points per sack yardage), it'll be possible to enter your scoring manually soon (I'm afraid it'll be from scratch; the way scoring is setup in MFL for instance is unfortunately not compatible with our edit scoring form)

When you sync league settings (which is not done automatically, like roster sync will be) the site will ask you which exact settings you want to sync. So, just uncheck scoring if you ever do this, to prevent your manually-entered settings from being overwritten.

Just posting some updates here for you guys so you know when to expect more of this.

Fantrax is very nearly done; I'm just waiting on the guys at Fantrax to get back to me as their API is missing just one or two fringe things that I need.

The next sites I am working on are Yahoo and ESPN. Yahoo is first, just because that's where my primary league is, and that settled the coin toss! I hope to have that sometime this week. ESPN will follow shortly after, then NFL.com. We're just waiting then on CBS to release leagues for 2018.

Imported my FPC teams. Real easy. Great job.

I noticed that the settings included:
6 playoff teams instead of 4
Options for playoff weeks do not include week 12 

Imported my FPC teams. Real easy. Great job.

I noticed that the settings included:
6 playoff teams instead of 4
Options for playoff weeks do not include week 12 
Thanks! I'm glad this worked out ok for you.

Playoff teams/weeks are super sneaky to try to work out at this point. Leagues tend to not publish it as a setting on the APIs; so I'm left to guess at it based on things like schedule. Ie, if there's no scheduled games for week 14 I'll guess playoffs are 14-16. Even then though some leagues will carry through week 17.

Right now, there isn't any impact anywhere except for in Rate My Team when used in the Draft Dominator.

In the future we're hoping to be able to make better use of this by using playoff settings and current standings to tell you which side of trades to go for (e.g. trade for injured/suspended players returning for the fantasy playoffs when you're for sure in, versus selling those guys for some win-now value if you're not looking so sure of making it)

I can most definitely add the option for playoffs to start in week 12.

@Joe Bryant @Simon Shepherd

I'm not sure what is connected to what on your end but when I go to the projections page and choose one of my leagues instead of the default, the top scoring linebacker is only 72 points.  I don't know where it's getting the scoring from to do the calculation other than MYFBG.   

Also, there is an admin menu showing up on my.footballguys that is asking for an admin password.

Can we please get the ability to refresh all rosters so we don't have to do them manually every day/week?   And maybe refresh all leagues (settings and rosters)?

Hi @Ramblin Wreck

Some of this stuff is user-specific so for that please use the help desk at https://sportsguys.zendesk.com 

It's a really fine line I know; anything that is likely to be an issue just for you or just for your leagues belongs on the help desk (the linebacker/admin things). So please email us in there (mark FAO Simon and it'll come straight to me). I'll need your username and the name of leagues to help. The reason we ask user-specific stuff to go there is we don't want to clog up these boards with back and forths; I'm also checking into the helpdesk at least once a day whereas the forums I'm more like once every other day.

As for the roster refresh: on the 10 second primer on the new site (https://my.footballguys.com/#fbglineup/primer), hit Settings => Sync Leagues => Sync All.

We won't be offering a Sync All from classic MyFBG this year, but our goal is to get everyone over to the new system. I know it doesn't have preseason projections, but those are in the Draft Dominator which will be launched soon.

We will absolutely be implementing auto roster refresh before the season starts. While the perfect time to do this during the season is the morning after waivers clear, and maybe also overnight before Sunday, I'm a little less clear about the schedule that would suit you guys best over the offseason. Would be great to get some input from you guys there.

Hi @Ramblin Wreck

Some of this stuff is user-specific so for that please use the help desk at https://sportsguys.zendesk.com 

It's a really fine line I know; anything that is likely to be an issue just for you or just for your leagues belongs on the help desk (the linebacker/admin things). So please email us in there (mark FAO Simon and it'll come straight to me). I'll need your username and the name of leagues to help. The reason we ask user-specific stuff to go there is we don't want to clog up these boards with back and forths; I'm also checking into the helpdesk at least once a day whereas the forums I'm more like once every other day.

As for the roster refresh: on the 10 second primer on the new site (https://my.footballguys.com/#fbglineup/primer), hit Settings => Sync Leagues => Sync All.

We won't be offering a Sync All from classic MyFBG this year, but our goal is to get everyone over to the new system. I know it doesn't have preseason projections, but those are in the Draft Dominator which will be launched soon.

We will absolutely be implementing auto roster refresh before the season starts. While the perfect time to do this during the season is the morning after waivers clear, and maybe also overnight before Sunday, I'm a little less clear about the schedule that would suit you guys best over the offseason. Would be great to get some input from you guys there.
If we sync leagues under Edit My Leagues, why wouldn't we sync all in the same spot instead of going to the 10 second primer?

Edit to say:  Also, some of us don't use the Draft dominator.  We loved having everything in one place in MYFBG.  We don't want to go to different apps to find information.

If we sync leagues under Edit My Leagues, why wouldn't we sync all in the same spot instead of going to the 10 second primer?

Edit to say:  Also, some of us don't use the Draft dominator.  We loved having everything in one place in MYFBG.  We don't want to go to different apps to find information.
Thanks, I'll add a sync all options to Edit My Leagues. You're right, there's no reason for it not to be there and it's an oversight that it isn't.

I'd like projections to be on the preseason new my footballguys too. And it will be at some point if not this year then next. Just a case of priorities where I need to get yahoo and ESPN in there right now.

Yahoo Now Supported

Head on over to https://my.footballguys.com

Some notes:

in the menu down the left, you need to see v1.2.25 for this to work. If you see a lower version number, close all browser tabs/windows pointed at my.footballguys.com, then open it again in a new tab. You'll then get the new version.

We've tested with 4 different leagues that we manually setup, designed to cover all the different yahoo settings. I also tested on my personal league at Yahoo. All the same, if you see anything out of the ordinary, please let us know by opening a support ticket at https://sportsguys.zendesk.com .

Road Map

ESPN and Fantrax will be next. They'll be up by the end of next week, latest. There was a hold up with Fantrax where I needed some more stuff that wasn't on their API, but the guys there have been super helpful in getting that to us.

The other sites that we plan to support are CBS Sports (not yet online) and NFL.com (online, but unable to load rosters to teams right now). As soon as I have an update on those sites, I will let you guys know.

There are no plans to support Reality Sports Online at this time I'm afraid. The leagues there are insanely complex and I'm not totally happy about setting up an integration with a site that results in spamming the user with hundreds of warnings as to what is/isn't fully supported! The status there is we'll see what % of leagues are run through that site around the end of the year and take another look then.

Please let me know here if you guys have any general questions about this functionality or any suggestions also.

I have a solution for you guys coming this week.

I wanted to always import as optimally as possible, but I hope everyone can understand that that's not always possible. We can't physically support and project every single rule out there; turns out to interpret them all as approximately as possible into the FBG system is pretty much an impossible task too!

So: if your scoring is supported by us, it gets perfectly imported.

Anything that isn't supported, is ignored.

If you want to customize the scoring (for instance, to approximate rules like points per sack yardage), it'll be possible to enter your scoring manually soon (I'm afraid it'll be from scratch; the way scoring is setup in MFL for instance is unfortunately not compatible with our edit scoring form)

When you sync league settings (which is not done automatically, like roster sync will be) the site will ask you which exact settings you want to sync. So, just uncheck scoring if you ever do this, to prevent your manually-entered settings from being overwritten.
Any update or time frame on this?

Any update or time frame on this?
Hey @snellman this has been there a while now. Sorry for not updating here!

you can customise pretty much any imported setting now aside from team names.

when you sync settings you’ll be asked what you want to check. Anything you check will overwrite anything you customised. So if you want to change scoring, just never check the scoring checkbox when syncing settings for that league. All boxes are unchecked by default. 

Fantrax is also now available.

I'll see about reporting it there but I've still had same issue with Firefox. Only works in chrome for me too.
yes please do. Please mark it FAO Simon and include your OS, Firefox version and FBG username. Thanks. Things can't get fixed unless I get the details there.

When I click on dynasty rankings, and then a league profile (where it highlights players on each team) It hasn't updated my players that I've acquired this off-season.  It's still showing last years roster.  I use CBS. Is this feature not available to sync yet?

When I click on dynasty rankings, and then a league profile (where it highlights players on each team) It hasn't updated my players that I've acquired this off-season.  It's still showing last years roster.  I use CBS. Is this feature not available to sync yet?
CBS is not yet online for 2018 so we can't add support for it yet. We're keeping an eye on this page: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/games/football/ and as soon as they're back we're probably around a week away from having the integration setup.

Hey @snellman this has been there a while now. Sorry for not updating here!

you can customise pretty much any imported setting now aside from team names.

when you sync settings you’ll be asked what you want to check. Anything you check will overwrite anything you customised. So if you want to change scoring, just never check the scoring checkbox when syncing settings for that league. All boxes are unchecked by default. 

Fantrax is also now available.
Thank you, was trying to figure it out but wasn't digging deep enough.

Does the system still support different PPR rules for different positions?   One of my is not importing correctly and I don't see how to enter them by position on the manual scoring.

Does the system still support different PPR rules for different positions?   One of my is not importing correctly and I don't see how to enter them by position on the manual scoring.
Sorry I didn't get to this @Ramblin Wreck yes that is supported. Email us apps@footballguys.com with your FBG username and the name of the league; I'll fix it for you, if needed.

CBS Sports support is also now up and running.

First of all, awesome app, really love MyFBG.

quick question, it looks like the rosters for other teams in my league are not syncing properly. My roster is completely fine but multiple players (like Tom Brady, Drew Brees) are showing up as free agents when in fact they were drafted.

i have re-synched my league but that does not seem to work. Just currently makes some of the recommendations for FAs skewed which is problematic.

Any way to set up the leagues so they show in alphabetical order like the old version? Much easier to navigate that way.
from the primer screen you can re-organise them using the up/down arrows.

First of all, awesome app, really love MyFBG.

quick question, it looks like the rosters for other teams in my league are not syncing properly. My roster is completely fine but multiple players (like Tom Brady, Drew Brees) are showing up as free agents when in fact they were drafted.

i have re-synched my league but that does not seem to work. Just currently makes some of the recommendations for FAs skewed which is problematic.
this is a user-specific thing so needs to go to helpdesk. https://sportsguys.zendesk.com

Users who are viewing this thread