What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NAACP leader outed as white & doing Soul Man routine (2 Viewers)

Mark Lamont Hill on CNN - "It's the ultimate exercise in white privilege to say, "I'm going to be black for a while".
So is he saying it's easier for whites to act black than for blacks to act white?
I think he's saying it's convenient for a white person to be black when they want, without having to go through an entire life of it.
So when Michael Jackson started to turn white, was that white privilege as well? Just trying to figure this out.
Michael Jackson never claimed to be white. HTH.

Odd that she gets outed by her parents of all people. Congrats on raising a bat#### crazy kid.
That is the strangest thing of this twisted story (which I am sure books will be written about and a movie or two made). And she does have adopted black siblings, so the only ones who could out her would be her dysfunctional family. Lot of bad blood here (so to speak) would love to know the backstory of how their relationship came to this point.

Odd that she gets outed by her parents of all people. Congrats on raising a bat#### crazy kid.
My understanding is that she was getting outed before that and then the parents came out and confirmed it. Wasn't the interview asking if she was African American and her answer "I don't understand the question." before the parents stated that they are her parents and neither are black?

Hell, if one of my kids goes and does something crazy like this, I am not going to aid them in their lies and deception.

My understanding is that she was getting outed before that and then the parents came out and confirmed it. Wasn't the interview asking if she was African American and her answer "I don't understand the question." before the parents stated that they are her parents and neither are black?

Hell, if one of my kids goes and does something crazy like this, I am not going to aid them in their lies and deception.
the parents went to the media and the media person confronted her. The interviewer asked her is she was AA based on the parents going to them.

Both of their kids are estranged from their parents.

Last edited by a moderator:

the parents went to the media and the media person confronted her. The interviewer asked her is she was AA based on the parents going to them.

So, it was her antics of (seemingly) making up hate crimes and getting noticed in media that her parents came out and said "Yeaaaaa, not so much black."

If one of my kids went off and did something crazy like this and I found out about it- absolutely, I would set the record straight. I am not going to help my kid be crazy just because they happen to be my kid.

I find it hilarious that some of you seem to find the ridiculous behavior here is with the parents. Seriously?

I have absolutely no doubt my bat#### crazy mother would have dressed Reggae and shouted out the reporter in a fake Jamaican accent.

My understanding is that she was getting outed before that and then the parents came out and confirmed it. Wasn't the interview asking if she was African American and her answer "I don't understand the question." before the parents stated that they are her parents and neither are black?Hell, if one of my kids goes and does something crazy like this, I am not going to aid them in their lies and deception.

So, it was her antics of (seemingly) making up hate crimes and getting noticed in media that her parents came out and said "Yeaaaaa, not so much black."If one of my kids went off and did something crazy like this and I found out about it- absolutely, I would set the record straight. I am not going to help my kid be crazy just because they happen to be my kid.

I find it hilarious that some of you seem to find the ridiculous behavior here is with the parents. Seriously?
Not as hilarious as the Straw Man arguments you seem to make in every thread. Who has condoned her behavior or even defended her? This lady is at the very least delusional and arguably severely mentally ill. Certainly a valid question is why she has engaged in this charade for years (even being admitted to Howard University as a minority) and her upbringing is a legitimate area of inquiry, particularly in light of her parents outing her (and why did they wait so long?).

So, it was her antics of (seemingly) making up hate crimes and getting noticed in media that her parents came out and said "Yeaaaaa, not so much black."

If one of my kids went off and did something crazy like this and I found out about it- absolutely, I would set the record straight. I am not going to help my kid be crazy just because they happen to be my kid.

I just would have thought maybe a coworker with a grudge, an ex boyfriend, a jealous frenemy - would be the outers long before parents.

I have absolutely no doubt my bat#### crazy mother would have dressed Reggae and shouted out the reporter in a fake Jamaican accent.
:lol:

So Rachel Dolezal, Mitt Romney, Elizabeth Warren, and Eminem are all waiting to be seated at a restaurant.

Who gets seated last?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stories like this really bring the bigots out. Racial identification is a personal choice not something genetically foisted upon us. HTH

Stories like this really bring the bigots out. Racial identification is a personal choice not something genetically foisted upon us. HTH
I don't understand. How does this work? I walk into my local Department of Motor Vehicles in order to obtain a license to drive. I'm Caucasian, but when I get to the "race" box question, I choose African-American.

I'm guessing that my choice would be questioned and ultimately I would either be denied or made to check off the box which accurately describes my race.

Would I have a legitimate reason to sue or am I laughed out of court?

I don't understand.How does this work? I walk into my local Department of Motor Vehicles in order to obtain a license to drive. I'm Caucasian, but when I get to the "race" box question, I choose African-American.

I'm guessing that my choice would be questioned and ultimately I would either be denied or made to check off the box which accurately describes my race.

Would I have a legitimate reason to sue or am I laughed out of court?
You are African-American.

My transition is going very well. The ladies at work have been so accepting of my proud, made-up Mexican heritage. Everyone is calling me by my new given name, Pedro, though one lady still wants to call me Miguel. She thinks all Mexicans are named Miguel. We do have one cisMexican that makes fun of me because I can't speak a lick of Spanish. I blame my parents for losing touch with my heritage and not speaking Spanish in the home.

My transition is going very well. The ladies at work have been so accepting of my proud, made-up Mexican heritage. Everyone is calling me by my new given name, Pedro, though one lady still wants to call me Miguel. She thinks all Mexicans are named Miguel. We do have one cisMexican that makes fun of me because I can't speak a lick of Spanish. I blame my parents for losing touch with my heritage and not speaking Spanish in the home.
Vote for Pedro

Users who are viewing this thread