What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA is coming up (1 Viewer)

First time in a while I liked a lineup the first time through-

Ish

Collison..So far

Harden

Butler

Mirotic

Hayward

Nance Jr

Milsap

Withey

Last edited by a moderator:
So I lost a SG (McCollum) because his name wasn't circled. That's when you really know things aren't going well for you.
Wait, what happened?
The NBA requires that teams circle all of the players who will be active on a list 1 hour before tip-off. Portland didn't circle McCollum's name by mistake and didn't catch it before submitting it. He had dressed, gone through shoot-around, and was warming-up when they caught it. They tried to appeal that before the game once they realized what they had done, but the Clips objected. Thus, McCollum didn't play. I guess he was out due to clerical error.

You can't make this stuff up.

The Gator said:
First time in a while I liked a lineup the first time through-

Ish

Collison..So far

Harden

Butler

Mirotic

Hayward

Nance Jr

Milsap

Withey
I'm a little different, but awaiting news on injuries/status:

Ish

Collison

Bazemore

Belinelli

Crowder

Gay

Taj

Gasol

Boogie

Gasol will likely become Milsap, but Milsap has burned me a few times this year which is unusual since I view him as steady as they come. Belinelli/Collison obviously hinge on Casspi/Rondo, and to a lesser extent so does Gay. When the dust settles, at least 1 of those guys will become someone else probably. If I wanted Withey at C instead, I could go Milsap instead of Taj and perhaps get IT3 at PG instead of Ish.

Rondos probable now
Hmm. Collison doesn't suck if Rondo plays, but I think I'll pivot to Burke in cash. What does Rondo do to Belinelli? I'm thinking he'll see 24-28 minutes or something like that since Casspi is out, but is that enough to justify starting him against the Lakers?

I like Nance alot at PF to pair with Millsap. Chances are I play Belinelli just because of how the salaries shake out. Im probably locked into Ish and Rondo at PG, and Millsap and Nance at PF. I want to play Cousins, only other option is Withey. If I go with Cousins Im left pulling alot out of the bargain bin, if I go Withey I can pretty easily fill the rest in with mid salary guys, but Im not liking alot of them.

I like Nance alot at PF to pair with Millsap. Chances are I play Belinelli just because of how the salaries shake out. Im probably locked into Ish and Rondo at PG, and Millsap and Nance at PF. I want to play Cousins, only other option is Withey. If I go with Cousins Im left pulling alot out of the bargain bin, if I go Withey I can pretty easily fill the rest in with mid salary guys, but Im not liking alot of them.
Yeah, I'm with you at C. Plus I've read somewhere that Howard's back is acting up and he might sit. That would seem to give Withey a bit of a bump in my eyes.

Chaos, are your Lakers going to muck around and have to give their 1st rounder (1-3 protected) to Philly this year? They have actually looked, dare I say, not bad recently. I thought it was Kobe being out, but they played pretty OK last night too. In the West this year "not bad" might get you to 30 wins.

There are a ton of cheap injury replacements today
Yeah, I looked at it for the first time over a late lunch today. Lots of ways to play it. My preliminary lineup was a dead-on match for Mike's math-preferred lineup, so he's pretty much assured of a bad night. I finally got of the schneid last night with a decent return. Been a rough few days.

So Chalmers is a pretty easy auto-play if Conley is out IMO. Its going to be hard to get me off of Booker or Oladipo too, and Arthur at PF looks like another free square. Thats only $18500 total on Fanduel leaving $8300 for each other spot. From there Im not sure who I want to be paying up for.

So Chalmers is a pretty easy auto-play if Conley is out IMO. Its going to be hard to get me off of Booker or Oladipo too, and Arthur at PF looks like another free square. Thats only $18500 total on Fanduel leaving $8300 for each other spot. From there Im not sure who I want to be paying up for.
I think that's the problem -- where do you spend that extra cash? I had so much of it laying around that I ultimately upgraded some of those positions. Arthur and Booker worry me more than they seem to worry other folks, but it's hard to argue their usage and roles tonight. Though Booker does get a tough match-up with Miami. I ultimately faded Booker on match-up worries (for Clarkson, who I'm not loving either really but the Lakers are playing pretty good ball right now and he's a big part of that) and turned Arthur into Ibaka because I had the $2500 burning a hole in my pocket. I don't think Ibaka scores as many ppd as Arthur, but I think he scores more points than Arthur.

Tough slate today. For value I'm looking at cheaper Toronto players since they're playing Philly. Besides that, I'm not seeing much.

I really want to get Butler, Lowry, and Draymond in my DK lineup but can only get 2. Jimmy Buckets has been so good lately but I have him out as of now. Ugh.

Besides Draymond I'm fading the Kings/Warriors game. I'd rather not, but again the value just isn't there.

Some mid-priced guys I like today:

Valanciunas

KCP

Fournier

Scola

Payton sounds like hes out again so Im just going to keep riding Oladipo. Hood and Favors missed shoot around too, I hate the line, but Hayward is basically everything the Jazz have right now.

I can't not play Dipo if Payton is out again.

I'm having to use James Johnson as a punt in cash to make everything work. My big ticket items now are Dray, Lowry, and Drummond. The latter feels a bit like a luxury item since Val isn't priced too high. I've also got Klay but I'm wondering about that.

The line is so extreme for the GS-SAC game compared to the others I'm just going all in on it. Sacramento at home is capable of keeping it close and I'm a lot more concerned about Toronto blowing philly out.

Steph and Ish are locked for me. Im going to play atleast two of GS big 3, i prefer Klay, but like alot more at SG than PF today. Then at PF the options are so bad I think I can't not play draymond. His price is too high, but its relatively worth it. Right now here's where I'm at

Steph

Ish

Klay

Olapido

J Johnson

Dudley

Thad

Scola

Cousins

The line is so extreme for the GS-SAC game compared to the others I'm just going all in on it. Sacramento at home is capable of keeping it close and I'm a lot more concerned about Toronto blowing philly out.

Steph and Ish are locked for me. Im going to play atleast two of GS big 3, i prefer Klay, but like alot more at SG than PF today. Then at PF the options are so bad I think I can't not play draymond. His price is too high, but its relatively worth it. Right now here's where I'm at

Steph

Ish

Klay

Olapido

J Johnson

Dudley

Thad

Scola

Cousins
I like it for GPP. I'm going the GS-SAC route for at least 1 of my GPP plays. Will likely go Dray over Klay tho. I have both in my cash play.

Rotogrinders loves Olynyk tonight. I cant say Im a fan, but with limited options and a 6x+ projection I think Ill have to bite.

Rotogrinders loves Olynyk tonight. I cant say Im a fan, but with limited options and a 6x+ projection I think Ill have to bite.
Memphis is a tough match up but you have to like his minutes the last 3 games. Rolo, Kanter, Nurkic and Mahinmi are all similarly priced and have some potential as well. I am leaning towards Olynyk, but do not love any centers today.

I agree which is why theres a good chance I just follow the over-projection. Deandre and Gasol are the safe options, but Im just not feeling either today. Ish is just plug and play for me until his price starts approaching 7000 on FD. Some of the game logs are a little concerning, but he looks to have complete control over that roll. Im really hoping Batum sits again, without Batum and Lin, still on the road (so no Kemba either) 5x is pretty much a lock, Batum has screwed me a few times already this year though so Im sure he'll end up playing.

Will the Hippie get the start tonight? Stevens's rotations are always tough to predict. If he gets 30 minutes he's awsome at $4500. If he gets 19, he's bad.

He was listed as questionable along with Wade for a few hours. Rotogrinders phone app is free for that. Isn't everything and can be obnoxious with all the updates on big game slates, but helpful.

He was listed as questionable along with Wade for a few hours. Rotogrinders phone app is free for that. Isn't everything and can be obnoxious with all the updates on big game slates, but helpful.
I was totally out of pocket from about 2:30 central on, so I just threw a few bucks into some smaller GPPs. I avoided anyone with any hint of possibility of not playing I thought. I'll check that app out, though it wouldn't have helped if the word wasn't out before then.

Honestly not sure when it was posted. Flying most of the day so I logged in between naps and movies. Recommend everyone use it, or something like it though. They're basically doing the important first sweep of twitter for general stuff, then you can do own in depth from there.

Looks like they posted he was a GTD at 2:00 central, which would have saved me from that zero. Taj and Dudley would probably have still been problems though.

I'm going to have to start paying attention in here, I'm currently 0/5 in cashing in DK with the NBA. Granted I'm wagering really small but I really suck at this :bag:

I'm going to have to start paying attention in here, I'm currently 0/5 in cashing in DK with the NBA. Granted I'm wagering really small but I really suck at this :bag:
Don't listen to me. Since the start of 2016 I've had mostly days of sorrow with an isolated big day mixed in. This comes on the heels of a really good stretch in late December. You really need Chaos, Mike, Wadsworth, et al to resume posting.

Don't listen to me. Since the start of 2016 I've had mostly days of sorrow with an isolated big day mixed in. This comes on the heels of a really good stretch in late December. You really need Chaos, Mike, Wadsworth, et al to resume posting.
Agree. I'm happy to share my opinion, but I hardly know basketball.

So much value on the suns with Knight out now too. I'm a little afraid it's over 10 minutes into the first, but the suns should still manage 60 points. Playing Booker and probably luer in cash. Stacking 4 suns in a GPP and paying all the way up elsewhere.

So much value on the suns with Knight out now too. I'm a little afraid it's over 10 minutes into the first, but the suns should still manage 60 points. Playing Booker and probably luer in cash. Stacking 4 suns in a GPP and paying all the way up elsewhere.
Funny, I was just looking at doing something similar. The problem is, who exactly gets garbage time minutes on that roster?

Missed cashing for the first time in about a week. 3 points shy even with both lueur and "paying up" for kawahis duds.

Tonight is looking like a more balanced lineup night. Initial didn't have anyone above kembas and horfords $8200

Missed cashing for the first time in about a week. 3 points shy even with both lueur and "paying up" for kawahis duds.

Tonight is looking like a more balanced lineup night. Initial didn't have anyone above kembas and horfords $8200
I finally hit a bit of a lick for the first time in a while. I managed to rake my cash contests as well as my triple-ups. I went with the lineup I posted initially. My GPP plays weren't very good, but that's standard for me so I only a few bucks out there most nights. Mahinmi was in all of my lineups and while he wasn't horrible he was bad enough to make it tough to hit the GPPs.

FWIW, for several weeks now I've noticed the cutline for most GPPs being quite a bit higher than the cash cutlines. There for awhile in December that wasn't necessarily the case.

Users who are viewing this thread