What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ndukwe? (1 Viewer)

Bengals SS Chinedum Ndukwe tore his plantar fascia in the first quarter of Sunday's tie with the Eagles.

Chris Crocker replaced him, finishing with four solo tackles, a sack, and an interception. Ndukwe seems highly unlikely to be ready by Thursday night.

Source: bengals.com

that sounds painful.

Bengals SS Chinedum Ndukwe tore his plantar fascia in the first quarter of Sunday's tie with the Eagles.Chris Crocker replaced him, finishing with four solo tackles, a sack, and an interception. Ndukwe seems highly unlikely to be ready by Thursday night.Source: bengals.comthat sounds painful.
Sigh. This could be anywhere from a brief two week thing to a 4-6 week rehab.

get crackin' on a crocker blurb.
:rant:It'll be short. So-so player in a pretty good situation. Probably DB3 value with some good weeks due to the safety blitzes that the Bengals like to use.
Crocker was a fantasy tease for years with the Browns. He would do just enough for you to feel comfortable to put him in your lineup. So you put him in.... then...Blam!! He does nothing.

:lmao:It'll be short. So-so player in a pretty good situation. Probably DB3 value with some good weeks due to the safety blitzes that the Bengals like to use.
Crocker was a fantasy tease for years with the Browns. He would do just enough for you to feel comfortable to put him in your lineup. So you put him in.... then...Blam!! He does nothing.
Hahaha thats funny....then...its true!

Bengals SS Chinedum Ndukwe tore his plantar fascia in the first quarter of Sunday's tie with the Eagles.

Chris Crocker replaced him, finishing with four solo tackles, a sack, and an interception. Ndukwe seems highly unlikely to be ready by Thursday night.

that sounds painful.
Not one to question the good doctor, but we've had a few Aussie Rules players with the exact same injury over the past couple of years; each of which has been able to play soon after (even the next week in some cases).It's actually better to snap the plantar fascia than to have it stretched, as it can heal once snapped.

A well known story over here was when one of the best players in the league, Robert Harvey, jumped off his kitchen bench to snap the ligament so that he could play without pain within a week or so.

that sounds painful.
Not one to question the good doctor, but we've had a few Aussie Rules players with the exact same injury over the past couple of years; each of which has been able to play soon after (even the next week in some cases).It's actually better to snap the plantar fascia than to have it stretched, as it can heal once snapped.

A well known story over here was when one of the best players in the league, Robert Harvey, jumped off his kitchen bench to snap the ligament so that he could play without pain within a week or so.
Always question. :confused: Definitely true that many get back to play within a couple of weeks. Reading Marvin Lewis' expanded comments, it would appear that the Bengals are anticipating that's the case. Unfortunately, we all know how much stock to put in what the Bengals say. Hopefully, this isn't so severe that he'll end up in a boot for a month.

that sounds painful.

dude, that makes me queasy just reading about it.

:confused:It'll be short. So-so player in a pretty good situation. Probably DB3 value with some good weeks due to the safety blitzes that the Bengals like to use.
is Crock a good play tonight?

Any word on Ndukwe's return? He isn't gonna play tonight but is it possible he plays with fantasy value the week after???

If not, I might as well put him on the DS (developmental Squad) for the mandatory 3 weeks to save room for Chris Johnson (oak) this week.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word on Ndukwe's return? He isn't gonna play tonight but is it possible he plays with fantasy value the week after???If not, I might as well put him on the DS (developmental Squad) for the mandatory 3 weeks to save room for Chris Johnson (oak) this week.Thanks guys.
Conflicting reports. There was some speculation that this could be a 3-4 week thing. Marvin said he saw it similar to Rashad Jeanty's injury earlier in the year, which didn't cost Jeanty any games. It's probably most telling that Ndukwe isn't on IR. I think there's a chance he'll return next week, but I'd plan on W14 to be safe.

that sounds painful.

dude, that makes me queasy just reading about it.
If Robert Harvey plays Aussie Rules football than he's one tough sonofa.. even before reading the ligament story. Those guys make rugby players look like nancies.

Shucks, no practice for him as of Wednesday. I have already clinched first place in my division and have a bye next week, but would sure like him back in week 15--Jene, you live close by, can you let him know that?!

I can't wait either--have to make transactions in anticipation of my division championship game.

Is Marvin Lewis a member here? Anyone got his number?!

On Monday, Lewis said that the team might regain the services of defensive end Antwan Odom (shoulder), safety Chinedum Ndukwe (foot) and cornerback David Jones (knee) in time for the game Sunday at home against the Washington Redskins.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081209/SPT02/812090329You know I almost hate to read that: "might." In a playoff game I need to know for sure (doesn't Marvin know that?!). I guess I bench him again, thoughat least my other two options are decent enough.

You'll not get anything out of Marvin, unfortunately. Practice reports are key, but the inactive list/starting lineup released on Sunday may be the only clear information we get.

Thanks, Jene. I think I'm going to put Gibril Wilson and Brandon Meriweather in and not worry about it until week 16 (when, hopefully, I'll be in our Superbowl and not the Consolation Bowl!). That's just the nature of this game--you have to adjust to injuries.

Ndukwe Fantasy Superbowl Watch starts here!

I may end up releasing him this week and filling his roster spot with, at the very least, someone my opponent would like to have had. Early comments from Marvin Lewis:

ML: Injury-wise, we came out of the game fairly unscathed. The normal bumps and bruises you might imagine. We'll see on Wednesday if anything else crops up. So the guys who did not play: Levi Jones, possibly an opportunity to come back. Chinedum Ndukwe, should be a little closer. Ben Utecht, too. And then Chris Perry and Kenny Watson, hopefully we can get some of those to have an opportunity. But those guys may have the opportunity to practice this week and us get a look at them.
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7385"...should be a little closer" sounds like "cut him!" to me!

Users who are viewing this thread