What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:nerd: or just smart decision making? (1 Viewer)

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
So I am calling Domino's to take home a pizza and some cheesy sticks (wife is going out with some girl friends so it is me, my son, and my 2 daughters that have strep throat tonight). They tell me their specials, of which one is 2 medium 1-toppings and a bread for $14.99. They also have their XLP 1-topping for $9.99, with cheese sticks being $3.99.

So the :nerd: in me immediately asks for the diameter of each pizza, I do a little pi X radius squared and figure out the most pizza per buck spent.

And no, there are not ANY good mom and pop pizza joints within 10 miles of where I live, so spare the "Good pizza down" comments. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am calling Domino's to take home a pizza and some cheesy sticks (wife is going out with some girl friends so it is me, my son, and my 2 daughters that have strep throat tonight). They tell me their specials, of which one is 2 medium 1-toppings and a bread for $14.99. They also have their XLP 1-topping for $9.99, with cheese sticks being $3.99.

So the :nerd: in me immediately asks for the diameter of each pizza, I do a little pi X radius squared and figure out the most pizza per buck spent.

And no, there are not ANY good mom and pop pizza joints within 10 miles of where I live, so spare the "Good pizza down" comments. :)
2 x 12" is 24" of pizza for $14.991 x 16" pizza for 9.99. I think they are about equal. except you get the bread with the other pizza. 2 for deal sounds better but hey don't trust a Cane bra'

2 x 12" is 24" of pizza for $14.99

1 x 16" pizza for 9.99. I think they are about equal. except you get the bread with the other pizza. 2 for deal sounds better but hey don't trust a Cane bra'
I hope to God you're kidding.

1 x 16" pizza for 9.99.  I think they are about equal. except you get the bread with the other pizza. 2 for deal sounds better but hey don't trust a Cane bra'
What is there to explain?24 divided by 14.99 on my calculator is 1.6

16 divided by 9.99 on my calculator is 1.6

Seem to be about equal except you get bread with the 2 for 1 deal...now who has the bad math here?

1 x 16" pizza for 9.99.  I think they are about equal. except you get the bread with the other pizza. 2 for deal sounds better but hey don't trust a Cane bra'

Seem to be about equal except you get bread with the 2 for 1 deal...now who has the bad math here?
:lmao:

1 x 16" pizza for 9.99. I think they are about equal. except you get the bread with the other pizza. 2 for deal sounds better but hey don't trust a Cane bra'

hint: You don't get a straight line of pizza. It comes in a circle.

I was trying to keep it simple for the Buckeye fans...I know there is a big trig equation attached to this but let's just try and keep it simple. 24" for 14.99 and 16" for 9.99 ;)

I'm guessing MoP is joking, but if not -

Increasing the radius of a pizza by one third will almost double the area of the pizza.

:lmao: :lmao: This guy is gold!

22/7 x 36 = 113.14 for the 12 inch pizzas...

22/7 x 64 = 201.14 for the 16 inch pizza.

113.14 x 2 = 226.28 for the 12" pizzas

201.14 for the 16 inch pizza.

The 2 for 1 deal is a better deal as I said uptop but here's the spelled out math requested.

Pi is 22 divided by 7 if memory is right... than you take the radius of the pizza pie...if its 12 inches than the number is 6 I believe. Radius is than squared.

PiR2...looks better in my old math notebooks.

Something like this me thinketh

I was trying to keep it simple for the Buckeye fans...I know there is a big trig equation attached to this but let's just try and keep it simple. 24" for 14.99 and 16" for 9.99 ;)
Damn your complicated math.2 pizzas for $15 (we'll round) is $7.50 per pizza. Obviously a better deal. :thumbup:

1 pizza for $10

You have to take into account the crust, as well. I figured 1.5 inches of crust, and it came out that the cheaper option gave more pizza.

:thumbup:

I am hoping someone is sig'ing up MoP's math.

Question: does a bread=cheesesticks? This is pretty important. Cheese sticks are obviously superior to breadsticks.

The 2 for 1 deal is a better deal as I said uptop but here's the spelled out math requested.
Not when you consider it is $1 more for the 2, AND crust enters into the equation, as well.

Question: does a bread=cheesesticks? This is pretty important. Cheese sticks are obviously superior to breadsticks.
Oh yes, we had the cheese sticks. My 21 month old like it all so much she smeared the pizza on the wall and dumped her milk on the floor. :mellow:

113.14 x 2 = 226.28 for the  12" pizzas

Not when you consider it is $1 more for the 2, AND crust enters into the equation, as well.
Are you going to cut off the crust and throw it away?

113.14 x 2 = 226.28 for the  12" pizzas

Excellent point MC

Are you going to cut off the crust and throw it away?
No, but pizza with toppings >>>> Domino's crust.

You have to take into account the crust, as well. I figured 1.5 inches of crust, and it came out that the cheaper option gave more pizza.

:thumbup:

I am hoping someone is sig'ing up MoP's math.
That's true. The larger the pizza the less acreage is wasted on the crust.

It seems to me like a better solution would be to get the weight of the different sizes of pizza. That's just me though.

Damn your complicated math.2 pizzas for $15 (we'll round) is $7.50 per pizza. Obviously a better deal. :thumbup:

1 pizza for $10
Not when the pizzas are different sizes...don't you have to take that into account?

LOL at this thread going this long. I figured by the time I got home, it would have 1-2 :nerd: responses and die.

GB the FFA :thumbup:

1 pizza for $10
Not when the pizzas are different sizes...don't you have to take that into account?
When you tell someone you had pizza for dinner, they aren't going to care what size it was. They'll ask you what you had on it before they'll ask what size it was. As I always tell myself, size doesn't matter.

Was the cost of toppings taken into consideration when you ordered? I'm assuming since you're :nerd: you ordered a pizza with something like sausage on it instead of something cheaper, like onions, since the sausage would increase the value of the one topping pizza more at no extra cost to you, the pizza consumer.

1 pizza for $10
Good point. I'm going with the $10 deal because it is cheaper by $5.

You guys are overlooking the depth issue here.

We're not talking about what the best type of pizza is...which is obviously Chicago style. F NY.

We're not talking about what the best type of pizza is...which is obviously Chicago style. F NY.
:goodposting: Not only does deep dish taste better, it's almost always better value. Even if they charge an extra buck or two for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not only does deep dish taste better, it's almost always better value. Even if they charge an extra buck or two for it.
This guy gets it.

Everybody is missing the big picture here. With no "ma and pa" pizza place for ten miles, he should open one up. Make a killing AND free pizza. Let someone else do the math.

I'm going to need to know if it were thin slice or deep dish.

:important:
Always get the thin crust. Always. Chicago can bite my ###.
It would really screw MOP up if you used cubic inches of pizza instead of square inches. And it would also be proof positive that thin crust pizza sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread