What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New MyFootballguys (Top 200 Forward, Primer etc) (3 Viewers)

Is anyone else having problems with their kicker scoring in the Top 200 forward?

If I use the FBG standard scoring Stephen Gostkowski is projected to score 129 points for the rest of the season. If I use my league settings he is projected to score 45 points. It is the same with the My FBG classic and the new version. I'm commissioner of my league and double-checked the kicker settings. Our league kicker scoring is based on the FBGs scoring and it is set up correctly to match FBGs. We are using RTSports as host site.

ETA: Seems like it may be only scoring for extra points and not including FGs

@Simon Shepherd

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else having problems with their kicker scoring in the Top 200 forward?

If I use the FBG standard scoring Stephen Gostkowski is projected to score 129 points for the rest of the season. If I use my league settings he is projected to score 45 points. It is the same with the My FBG classic and the new version. I'm commissioner of my league and double-checked the kicker settings. Our league kicker scoring is based on the FBGs scoring and it is set up correctly to match FBGs. We are using RTSports as host site.

ETA: Seems like it may be only scoring for extra points and not including FGs

@Simon Shepherd
Specific league or customer issues must go on zendesk. https://sportsguys.zendesk.com

Problems here with cbs, and I read the link about how to resolve roster syncing with this, no luck. Won’t sync more than 2 teams in top 200 forward. We do ppr scoring and our custom league 200 forward list is much different than what is listed when I go to straight ppr scoring. 

Problems here with cbs, and I read the link about how to resolve roster syncing with this, no luck. Won’t sync more than 2 teams in top 200 forward. We do ppr scoring and our custom league 200 forward list is much different than what is listed when I go to straight ppr scoring. 
Same issue here...Classic custom league top 200 forward only recognizes the first two teams in my MFL league

The new system works fine.  Thanks

On the matchup screen, what does the little "start?" and "bench?" indicator supposed to mean?  I'm got a "bench?" by Jared Goff.  I'm sure the Rams aren't considering benching Goff, so I'm guessing this indicator has more to do with my fantasy team.

On the matchup screen, what does the little "start?" and "bench?" indicator supposed to mean?  I'm got a "bench?" by Jared Goff.  I'm sure the Rams aren't considering benching Goff, so I'm guessing this indicator has more to do with my fantasy team.

yes, exactly. Anytime any of those icons doesn't make sense, try clicking on the player. The top of their player card then explains all their icons.

In this case "start?" means you're not starting that guy, but we think you should. "bench?" means the opposite.

Just a minor suggestion, but the Top 200 may be quicker to navigate if it reset to the top of the list when changing position filters.  If I set the filter to RB and scroll down to see about the 40th ranked player then change the filter to WR it stays on the 40th ranked WR instead of going to the top of the WR list.  It seems like if you are filtering by position you would want to start at the top and work your way down each position list. 

Just a minor suggestion, but the Top 200 may be quicker to navigate if it reset to the top of the list when changing position filters.  If I set the filter to RB and scroll down to see about the 40th ranked player then change the filter to WR it stays on the 40th ranked WR instead of going to the top of the WR list.  It seems like if you are filtering by position you would want to start at the top and work your way down each position list. 
Thanks @Tom Hagen, that makes sense. I'll add it to the list. *edit: done. Just waiting for tomorrow's release!

I'm still hearing issues with spotting free agent highlighting. How do you guys feel about this idea: http://fbgapps.footballguys.com/freeagents.png

I really can't stand the new system... It takes forever to load compared to the classic. Why change something that everyone is used to, that is working fine?  Will keep using the classic page as long as its available...

Simon Shepherd said:
Thanks @Tom Hagen, that makes sense. I'll add it to the list. *edit: done. Just waiting for tomorrow's release!

I'm still hearing issues with spotting free agent highlighting. How do you guys feel about this idea: http://fbgapps.footballguys.com/freeagents.png
personally, I like this better than the current way to see FA's. the way it is currently is extremely hard to differentiate FA's from players already rostered. 

Perfect I'm looking for a CBS problem league right this second! PM me your username and the name of the league!
I forgot to check back in, I played with this last night and all sync issues from CBS looks to be resolved now. Draft Order is coming up as an issue, but message says CBS doesn't publish those and what value is that to anyone on myFBG anyway. Some scoring categories like blocked punts and blocked FG's also coming up as sync errors, but nothing there that should impact most leagues imo.

Simon and the rest of the gang... What do you think about adding to the settings screen so that users could choose their own colors (and shading) for players names in the 5 Second Primer?

For example on the settings screen:

Suggested Starters Bolded: Y/N

Text Color         Background Color
Your player:               

Free Agent:               

And perhaps in the Dodds/Tremblay/Bloom would section

Show player position:  Y/N

If yes then:

QB: {color picker}

RB: {color picker}

WR: {color picker}

TE:  {color picker}

K:   {color picker}

DEF: {color picker}

etc.

I really can't stand the new system... It takes forever to load compared to the classic. Why change something that everyone is used to, that is working fine?  Will keep using the classic page as long as its available...
Should take around 5 seconds for first screen and pretty instant after then.

if it’s longer let me know your browser.

other than that im not seeing any feedback I can do anything about here. In response to your why change question:

- classic does not display nicely on mobile

- classic does not support a very wide set of scoring compared to our Draft Dominator tool

- there’s a bunch of ideas we had for new stuff that we’ve done here too. I don’t think I’ve seen a single comment here on the Matchup screen - positive or negative - so it doesn’t look like people are checking these things out before passing judgement

- look around the industry: there’s a few MyFBG like systems now and compared to others, classic MyFBG is not as polished

Simon and the rest of the gang... What do you think about adding to the settings screen so that users could choose their own colors (and shading) for players names in the 5 Second Primer?

For example on the settings screen:

Suggested Starters Bolded: Y/N

Text Color         Background Color
Your player:               
Free Agent:               

And perhaps in the Dodds/Tremblay/Bloom would section
Show player position:  Y/N
If yes then:
    QB: {color picker}
    RB: {color picker}
   WR: {color picker}
   TE:  {color picker}
    K:   {color picker}
   DEF: {color picker}

etc.
Thanks @Phantom Knight

just so I’m 100% clear: what would you want to change in those settings?

that full set would be more than we’d do there I think but maybe we can add a smaller set or just change how the primer displays something.

Simon Shepherd said:
@Tom Hagen

Much better than the slanted gray lines but a bit too much. Maybe tone back the color. Assuming the blue highlights the free agents it overpowers the actual rostered players. Use a similar shade to the rostered players, just a different color

Much better than the slanted gray lines but a bit too much. Maybe tone back the color. Assuming the blue highlights the free agents it overpowers the actual rostered players. Use a similar shade to the rostered players, just a different color
I want their to be a difference apart from just the shade we happen to have chosen.

if you highlight multiple teams it should be clear: yellow is yours, other colors are other teams, inverted blue is free agents

thats my thought process here at least. The other option would be to use grey for free agents but that hasn’t been a popular option so far

i understand that you guys know blue = free agent. But newer users wouldn’t, and we need a system that’s obvious and intuitive for everyone!

im going to run this for a couple weeks and see if we can get some more feedback from it in production. Thanks as always for your thoughts!

This is basically the same, except that it's more obvious blue is separate from the other highlighting. And you can highlight other teams with more than one shade. So an upgrade for you guys!
The ability to highlight other teams with more than one shade is definitely an upgrade, although the colors are too similar for it to always be effective.  This is a snapshot of one of my leagues.  There are 5 different teams highlighted in this image.  I mentioned this earlier but those colors should be customizable.  Otherwise it's a downgrade in the case when I want to compare my roster to the roster of the team whose color is almost exactly the same shade of yellow as my own team.  

Also bump:

On the "Week Rankings" tab, can we get a button to export to csv?  On the classic version it's easy to copy/paste into Excel, but it seems to be basically impossible on the new version.  And the new version actually does contain a lot of useful info that isn't present on the classic, so I'd love to use it, but I can't if I can't get the data into a spreadsheet. 

The ability to highlight other teams with more than one shade is definitely an upgrade, although the colors are too similar for it to always be effective.  This is a snapshot of one of my leagues.  There are 5 different teams highlighted in this image.  I mentioned this earlier but those colors should be customizable.  Otherwise it's a downgrade in the case when I want to compare my roster to the roster of the team whose color is almost exactly the same shade of yellow as my own team.  

Also bump:
I have changed the colors on this for the next version - thanks! No other team is yellow or blue (reserved for your team and FAs)

Customizing colors is really something I want to avoid as I don't think most people would bother to use a color picker... if these colors are too similar the next thing I'd try would be to have up to 4 different colors only that are set when you select the teams, rather than being set before. Just that means I'd have to breakdown the code that handles highlighting and rebuild it!

On the Excel export: I want to bring that to discussion with David, Joe and all, as that goes beyond simple interface stuff. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have changed the colors on this for the next version - thanks! No other team is yellow or blue (reserved for your team and FAs)

Customizing colors is really something I want to avoid as I don't think most people would bother to use a color picker... if these colors are too similar the next thing I'd try would be to have up to 4 different colors only that are set when you select the teams, rather than being set before. Just that means I'd have to breakdown the code that handles highlighting and rebuild it!

On the Excel export: I want to bring that to discussion with David, Joe and all, as that goes beyond simple interface stuff. Thanks for the suggestion!
Just an idea on this point. I like to use the tool for looking for trade partners, see who is weak or strong at certain positions. is there a way to do this now?

Just an idea on this point. I like to use the tool for looking for trade partners, see who is weak or strong at certain positions. is there a way to do this now?
The way I do this (that I think we can improve upon some) is to go to Roster > Teams by Pos, and then cycle through the teams in the top menu on that page, looking for charts that are basically the opposite of mine (strong where I'm weak and vice versa)

Also bump:
What kinda guppy league do you play in where Chris Godwin isnt rostered already?  ;)     Yes I came to say that at a minimum those 2 greens are too close together on the team coloring.   Another  feature i was excited to see that seems to be useless is the trade generator.  It keeps spitting out trade options for players I can ill afford to lose  with trades with teams that dont need what I am offering.  Mainly I came to say that I think its a VERY impressive tol overall and definitely much more robust that the original product.  Thanks for taking feedback and being willing to change instead of just dropping it upon us and saying "there it is get used to it" 

I want their to be a difference apart from just the shade we happen to have chosen.

if you highlight multiple teams it should be clear: yellow is yours, other colors are other teams, inverted blue is free agents

thats my thought process here at least. The other option would be to use grey for free agents but that hasn’t been a popular option so far

i understand that you guys know blue = free agent. But newer users wouldn’t, and we need a system that’s obvious and intuitive for everyone!

im going to run this for a couple weeks and see if we can get some more feedback from it in production. Thanks as always for your thoughts!
You could still have my players in yellow, other teams players in other colors, and free agents in the blue. Just not such an overpowering blue. I don't think anyone is complaining about having the free agents highlighted in blue. It's just the color of blue. A more pastel blue similar to the other colors used for teams would be easier on the eyes IMHO. If the choice is between the overpowering blue in the screen shot you provided and the slanted grey lines, give me the slanted grey lines all day long.

You could still have my players in yellow, other teams players in other colors, and free agents in the blue. Just not such an overpowering blue. I don't think anyone is complaining about having the free agents highlighted in blue. It's just the color of blue. A more pastel blue similar to the other colors used for teams would be easier on the eyes IMHO. If the choice is between the overpowering blue in the screen shot you provided and the slanted grey lines, give me the slanted grey lines all day long.
I have desaturated the blue for the next release given the feedback here

what I want to keep is the white text.

I've calmed down the tone of the blue.

I have desaturated the blue for the next release given the feedback here

what I want to keep is the white text.

I've calmed down the tone of the blue.
Thank you. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

BTW, I think it is great the time you take in here to listen to us, the users, and apply the changes when warranted. I've seen a lot of improvement and really love the improvements.

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

BTW, I think it is great the time you take in here to listen to us, the users, and apply the changes when warranted. I've seen a lot of improvement and really love the improvements.
Thanks @KingPrawn

likewise we are extremely grateful that you guys care enough about Footballguys to provide that feedback to us.

Customers of most products would not bother to feedback their thoughts because they don’t care enough.

ill be back here shortly with the next release.

Ok we have a new release for you guys.

The version number is 1.5.88. You can see what version you're running underneath the menu options down the left hand side. If you see 1.4.xx then refresh the page, close all tabs pointed at my.footballguys.com and then open a new tab and load the site up there. Here are the improvements:

Better updating for future versions

I close tabs in my browser all the time; apparently a lot of people don't so haven't been getting updates promptly. Updating to this version is still clunky (can't help that) but all future updates will be handled much better, with an "Update available" message whenever one is ready.

Team Highlighting

Yellow = your team (always)

Blue with white text = free agents (I toned down the blue from my last screenshot too)

All other non-yellow and non-blue colors: other teams. These colors have also been chosen to help color bind people as much as possible.

Deep Linking

Some pages are tabbed in the app (e.g. Your Roster). So they all shared a URL, which is kind of clunky. Now each tab has its own URL, so I can post here specifically a link to league power rankings, which is an awesome feature but I can see that very few people have found it so far: https://my.footballguys.com/#fbgroster/roster/points

Other Fixes

FFPC kicker scoring fixed (and other sites that use kicker distance scoring, e.g. 30-39 yard field goals = X points, 40+ = Y points etc)

More roster sync options on the 5 second primer screen

Matchup screen renamed to "Matchup Dominator", again we just want more people using this as it's super powerful and I think being skipped over a ton right now.

Roster screen renamed to "Your Roster", for much the same reason.

When you switch positions or league on any rankings list, the scroll on that list gets reset to the top, with this release.

Bye weeks added to the Your Roster > Roster screen.

Top 200 forward actually shows more players than that, if your league is deeper (maxes out to total owned players in the league, e.g. number of teams times size of each roster)

This is likely to be the last significant changes for a little while here. I'm away from home for a while (travelling to California) so I'll be fixing anything that needs fixing, and listening to any feedback you guys have, but any more changes are likely coming in mid October now.

The big two new features we'd like to add in are a "rate my league" screen that gives every team a % chance of winning the league given schedule and projections and playoff settings, and a live scoring screen where you could track all your fantasy matchups in one place as the games are taking place.

We'd also like to work some more on the trade section.

Hey Simon or Joe or whoever - this is a website thing not a MyFBGs thing, but the menu on the main website has a link to the Assistant Coach Archive, not the actual working AC forum. Y'all might want to fix that. It's not anything for regulars but it might be confusing for new folks.

Should take around 5 seconds for first screen and pretty instant after then.

if it’s longer let me know your browser.

other than that im not seeing any feedback I can do anything about here. In response to your why change question:

- classic does not display nicely on mobile

- classic does not support a very wide set of scoring compared to our Draft Dominator tool

- there’s a bunch of ideas we had for new stuff that we’ve done here too. I don’t think I’ve seen a single comment here on the Matchup screen - positive or negative - so it doesn’t look like people are checking these things out before passing judgement

- look around the industry: there’s a few MyFBG like systems now and compared to others, classic MyFBG is not as polished
So make a mobile version?

So make a mobile version?
That's exactly what we did @Shawn

We then had people asking for that in the subscription. Which we also have done.

Give the people what they want, that's our motto!

Long term we'd like to support just the one system. Because it's very costly and we hate dealing with types of questions like "Classic says this but MyFootballguys says that, which is right?" (the answer is usually down to consensus projections vs single projections at a time, or more scoring supported in the new one - but still that's not a good look for someone new to our site, even if there is a legitimate explanation)

So we'll look to make this new one such that no-one prefers the old one. Past people who refuse to try something new out: we'll make sure everyone is happy and do all that's needed there.

I'm travelling the next two weeks from tomorrow; so please excuse me if I take longer to reply!

I was playing around with the Top 200 and Waiver/FA pages and noticed that when I click on a FA, there's a "Who should I drop?" button at the bottom. Nice! Unfortunately, it's telling me to drop someone who's on IR. So aside from me wanting to hang on to him (keeper league), dropping him wouldn't free up a roster spot for the FA anyway. 

If the import can identify that players are on IR (this is a MFL league), then perhaps the "who should I drop" could ignore those guys, or at least provide a couple of options for who to drop.

Hey @Simon Shepherd just a couple more ideas which I hope are helpful or at least I would certainly like to see them:

• Could you add in the target details from the main page into the stats analysis in MyFBGs? Targets are key I think to finding unexploited WR/TE players.
  • On Strength of schedule, would you please allow a range of weeks to filter? So for instance week 17 is almost always useless. Also if we want to look at weeks 6-10 we should be able to do that.
These just seem like basic importing and filtering options for tables you already have so hopefully this is not a big deal technically but I think on a substantive level it would be very helpful.

Thanks - SID

Simon Shepherd said:
Thanks @SaintsInDome2006 !

On the strength of schedule: is that a specific screen you're referring to there? Most Settings panels have a weekly weights option that would allow you to do this.
It's two different ways:

- On Classic MyFBGs, this has never ever been an option. I have no idea why this is never done.

- I think when you speak of weekly weights you're talking about the Top 200? I see how you can adjust value that way.

However I really get here one of two ways:

- Either main page to "Inseason Season Long: Week X", then to Statistics, then "Custom Strength of Schedule" - and it's obviously not "custom" because you can't filter it by week range. For instance if I want to see SOS for RBs for weeks 13-16 and get an average for just that range I can't do that.

Or

- I go to MyFBG Classic (like noted above) and then again "Custom Strength of Schedule" and it's the same program with the same problem.

And in general SOS is something I see on Classic that I do not see on the menu explicitly as carried over to New MyFBGs. Personally I go to FFT to use this, even if the data is iffy because it gives a nice overview (using green/red shading) for looking forward which is useful with bench stashing, trades and the like.

Hopefully this is helpful. - Thanks.

Just noticed on the 5 second primer, but it's on other screens as well:  projected scoring for D/ST is quite high compared to other positions.  I wonder if something isn't translating correctly in the scoring?

Looked a little closer:  Trembley has Titans DEF projected with:

1. 18 pts vs
  2. 320 yds vs
  3. 2 sack
  4. 1.4 fum
  5. 1 int
  6. 0.6 TD
My one particular league scoring would go:

1. (Points Allowed)  - 1 Point
  2. (Yards Allowed) - 0 Points
  3. (Sacks) - 2 Points
  4. (Fumbles) - 2.8 Points
  5. (Int) - 2 Points
  6. (TD) - 3.6 Points
Total = 11.4 points

However, it is showing the projected points at 32.70.  :-(

Just noticed on the 5 second primer, but it's on other screens as well:  projected scoring for D/ST is quite high compared to other positions.  I wonder if something isn't translating correctly in the scoring?

Looked a little closer:  Trembley has Titans DEF projected with:

1. 18 pts vs
  2. 320 yds vs
  3. 2 sack
  4. 1.4 fum
  5. 1 int
  6. 0.6 TD
My one particular league scoring would go:

1. (Points Allowed)  - 1 Point
  2. (Yards Allowed) - 0 Points
  3. (Sacks) - 2 Points
  4. (Fumbles) - 2.8 Points
  5. (Int) - 2 Points
  6. (TD) - 3.6 Points
Total = 11.4 points

However, it is showing the projected points at 32.70.  :-(
Although as long is it's consistent for all defenses, the relative points should be comparable (I guess unless it's giving points for something your league doesn't use at all).

Could be more of a problem if your league lets you "flex" a DST in place of another position.

Although as long is it's consistent for all defenses, the relative points should be comparable (I guess unless it's giving points for something your league doesn't use at all).

Could be more of a problem if your league lets you "flex" a DST in place of another position.
No D/ST flexes.

I realize it doesn't matter that much when comparing one defense against another (probably).  I guess it might matter depending if the scoring is coming from one particular category.  

But it does matter in tabs like the Matchup Dominator.  

No D/ST flexes.

I realize it doesn't matter that much when comparing one defense against another (probably).  I guess it might matter depending if the scoring is coming from one particular category.  

But it does matter in tabs like the Matchup Dominator.  
I see similar behavior for WRs in one of my leagues (e.g., Taywan Taylor projected for 16+ this week; the "Week 5 projections" in the main part of the site has him at 8.8.).  I don't know how exactly the MyFBG is applying individual league scoring rules, but that seems high. 

Hey @Joe Bryant I'll just try again, I think the SOS tool would be great and far more usable if you could filter by a certain range of weeks and get an average of just those weeks. I know this is just spreadsheeting and coding stuff so it must be doable. You have the data but it's not flexible. For instance if I want to see what RBs have the best schedule weeks 6-12 and see just the average of that and be able to sort that, well that would be great. Most especially I would like to exclude week 17 from averages always but I can't do that.

I'm not quite sure why y'all are leaving that data unusable. This is obviously selfish (because as usual I'm looking for analysis to get an advantage) but I think customers would enjoy it if they saw it. Thanks.

Hey @Joe Bryant I'll just try again, I think the SOS tool would be great and far more usable if you could filter by a certain range of weeks and get an average of just those weeks. I know this is just spreadsheeting and coding stuff so it must be doable. You have the data but it's not flexible. For instance if I want to see what RBs have the best schedule weeks 6-12 and see just the average of that and be able to sort that, well that would be great. Most especially I would like to exclude week 17 from averages always but I can't do that.

I'm not quite sure why y'all are leaving that data unusable. This is obviously selfish (because as usual I'm looking for analysis to get an advantage) but I think customers would enjoy it if they saw it. Thanks.
Thanks. Not sure if it's something we can do but we'll take a look there for the future. I'll tag our @Clayton Gray and @Simon Shepherd

Users who are viewing this thread