What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New MyFootballguys (Top 200 Forward, Primer etc) (1 Viewer)

Question for you Simon on the matchup analyzer.  I see there's discussion about variance.  This quote specifically:

Playing the WR and QB of the same team, for instance, means your lineup has positive correlation: it's a risker lineup - a good thing if you're the underdog, or be bad if you are the favourite.
My question is, does the matchup analyzer actually change its start/sit recommendations according to the above advice?

I've got Evans as a starting WR, and my QBs are Winston and Watson.  It seems to me that if the projections for the 2 QBs are close, then the recommendation should be to start Winston if I'm the underdog, and Watson if I'm the favorite.  Wondering if the algorithm actually does this.

An interesting wrinkle on this is that last week I flipped from favorite to underdog after the Thursday game, thanks to Saquon Barkley's 29 points.  Would the lineup advice then change in real time from Watson to Winston?

My question is, does the matchup analyzer actually change its start/sit recommendations according to the above advice?

I've got Evans as a starting WR, and my QBs are Winston and Watson.  It seems to me that if the projections for the 2 QBs are close, then the recommendation should be to start Winston if I'm the underdog, and Watson if I'm the favorite.  Wondering if the algorithm actually does this.
Yes!

An interesting wrinkle on this is that last week I flipped from favorite to underdog after the Thursday game, thanks to Saquon Barkley's 29 points.  Would the lineup advice then change in real time from Watson to Winston?
Yes, it would do that too.

Simon Shepherd said:
Why not use the new version? It’s 100% feature matched to the old one.

I believe the issue with classic was fixed yesterday.
Classic was fixed yesterday.  I like the classic - the value scores are different, easier to read and I prefer the actual website vs the app.

Melvin Gordon 724 value points on the mobile app, on classic his value is 91.8

Also This weeks points 23.0 - Rest of year 190.5 on classic

on mobile 23.10 points this week, 198 rest of year.

Nothing ever matches up.

Classic was fixed yesterday.  I like the classic - the value scores are different, easier to read and I prefer the actual website vs the app.

Melvin Gordon 724 value points on the mobile app, on classic his value is 91.8

Also This weeks points 23.0 - Rest of year 190.5 on classic

on mobile 23.10 points this week, 198 rest of year.

Nothing ever matches up.
No because the new one has our latest, best algorithms and uses more of your scoring rules

where they disagree new is always better

Why are  the value scores in the triple digits now? I guess I don't understand, always go with the app?
It’s a completely different algorithm.

it essentially now does VBD calculations for every week of the season and then sums them together for each week.

theres a button on the page you can hit that gives you a full explanation of how it’s calculated

yes, always go with the new version at my.footballguys.com (it’s not really an app per-say; it’s a website that displays nicely on mobile too)

it will be using more of your scoring rules for your league and everything there strongly considered the classic version and how it worked, and how we can improve on that.

I love the trade analyzer except for one feature, when you hypothetically trade two players for one using the trade analyzer it gives you a limited selection of players to 'add' to your team instead of being able to pick players from the entire player pool for the second player.

Thanks @SaintsInDome2006 !

On the strength of schedule: is that a specific screen you're referring to there? Most Settings panels have a weekly weights option that would allow you to do this.
@Simon Shepherd - Hey Simon sorry to keep bugging you about this but the weekly weight setup doesn't work either.

Have you checked this recently? Just fyi I'm interested in this from a technical standpoint and obviously I want to get the most out of the product. - I just tried this in the Top 200, I changed the weekly weight so that weeks 14-16 were all "1" and every other week "0". The results were exactly the same. I was wondering this because it looks like McCaffery should have an  excellent schedule in that time period but when I went to adjust for just those weeks not only was his rank in the Top 200 exactly the same so were all 4 of my RBs which I was thinking of trading to get him. 

How does the 200 fwd coordinate with articles/emails going out. Everything. I’ve read on fbg, e-mail updates etc  is spend all your money on Chubb, with little mention of duke johnson.  When too 200 ppr comes out Johnson is ranked way, way higher that Chubb. not sure how I should trust this going forward as it’s been all over the place this year with rankings etc. 

How does the 200 fwd coordinate with articles/emails going out. Everything. I’ve read on fbg, e-mail updates etc  is spend all your money on Chubb, with little mention of duke johnson.  When too 200 ppr comes out Johnson is ranked way, way higher that Chubb. not sure how I should trust this going forward as it’s been all over the place this year with rankings etc. 
I'm seeing Chubb ranked #11 for RBs going forward.

@Simon Shepherd - Hey Simon sorry to keep bugging you about this but the weekly weight setup doesn't work either.

Have you checked this recently? Just fyi I'm interested in this from a technical standpoint and obviously I want to get the most out of the product. - I just tried this in the Top 200, I changed the weekly weight so that weeks 14-16 were all "1" and every other week "0". The results were exactly the same. I was wondering this because it looks like McCaffery should have an  excellent schedule in that time period but when I went to adjust for just those weeks not only was his rank in the Top 200 exactly the same so were all 4 of my RBs which I was thinking of trading to get him. 
I'm not able to replicate that one. Weekly weights work fine for me and change the rankings exactly as I'd expect them to.

Sometimes it's different people doing these. Bob Henry does the forward projections, whereas the info in the email for waiver wire pickups would have been from Sigmund Bloom. But we are always discussing things in the background.  I am not seeing Johnson ranked way way higher than Chubb at all though. In my league Chubb is listed 10th overall. I suspect that you are looking at the top 200 forward before it's been updated for the current week. If that's the case on the new system there is some grey text just above the player's table explaining that top 200 forward projections have not yet been released for the current week. We release those by 2pm EST Tuesday every week (usually earlier).

There's a new version today (1.5.96).

It adds a different format to the 5 Second Primer that is exactly the same as the classic version.

To access this, go to 5 Second Primer, hit Settings & Sync top right and then switch to the classic option.

There's also a small fix for the Projs column on top 200 forward, and some other minor cosmetic changes. Users of the iOS web app on saved-to-homescreen mode should see the app remember the last page you were viewing between loads now too.

I'm not able to replicate that one. Weekly weights work fine for me and change the rankings exactly as I'd expect them to.
Hi Simon, thanks. - I tried this again and this is what happened. I read your post, went and tried it on my phone, and yep actually you were right, it worked. However I switched over to my desktop and guess what, it doesn't work.

In one league I have Mixon and then AP, Collins and Breida as backups. Ok so in the top 200 in default settings in a basic 0.5 league with the weighting set at "1" for weeks 8-16, they were 9, 19, 20, and 36. I reset the weights for week 8 and weeks 13-17 at 0 and the weeks 9-12 for "1". The results are exactly the same. That's on my desktop, again on the phone they change. No idea why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Simon, thanks. - I tried this again and this is what happened. I read your post, went and tried it on my phone, and yep actually you were right, it worked. However I switched over to my desktop and guess what, it doesn't work.

In one league I have Mixon and then AP, Collins and Breida as backups. Ok so in the top 200 in default settings in a basic 0.5 league with the weighting set at "1" for weeks 8-16, they were 9, 19, 20, and 36. I reset the weights for week 8 and weeks 13-17 at 0 and the weeks 9-12 for "1". The results are exactly the same. That's on my desktop, again on the phone they change. No idea why.
Ok; we’re definitely in support desk territory here.

email me using my last name at our domain with the OS, browser you’re using on desktop and I’ll see what I can do.

Not sure what you mean. The feature we've added was taking the 10 second primer from the MyFBG Classic and making the same features we had there available in the new MyFootballguys 5 Second primer. Did you have a question specific for @Simon Shepherd ?
Sorry, maybe I'm in the wrong topic or mistakenly quoted you, Joe.  I'm wondering what happened to the links to the dynasty and rookie rankings that used to be in the top menus (maybe under tools?).

Sorry, maybe I'm in the wrong topic or mistakenly quoted you, Joe.  I'm wondering what happened to the links to the dynasty and rookie rankings that used to be in the top menus (maybe under tools?).
Thanks. Not sure. Best bet is shoot an email to help@footballguys.com and describe exactly what you're looking for and seeing and they'll help. Thanks. 

Anyone know why the rosters in my leagues would have been erased?  Trying to look at available FAs, and it’s showomg me Pat MAhomes, Todd Gurley, etc. looks like the league is still there, but myFBG shows all rosters empty.

The game times are off in the myfootballguys matchup analysis. Currently it has the NY Giants vs. Colts as a Saturday noon game

@David Dodds 

Thanks @Simon Shepherd   I love this new Classic option for veiwing the 5 second primer on MyFootballguys.

What do you guys think? 
I think i would have loved to come across this change earlier.
Really like the Classic version better so i made the change.

I can see my starters and i can see a lot more potential FA pick up targets.  I play in a league that charges $$ for pickups, and maybe i don't want to change out my current week lineup, but i can see who i MIGHT want to pick up and whether i think it is worth it to spend $$ now versus wait a week.

On the Other "New Coke" version, a lot of times, i would only see my QB or TE listed....and nobody else.   (Yes, i know i can go to the Free Agent section.......but why should i have to if i can see a handful of other suggestions on the screen that I ALWAYS go to.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies guys on the NYG-IND date showing wrong. It turned out to be a little more difficult to fix than it seemed like it would be and Keith is tweaking in the database. Thanks for the headsup and hope to have it fixed soon.

Users who are viewing this thread