What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Giants Vs. Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Now introducing your NFC champions....

New York Football Giants!

alright maybe im jumping the gun a bit.
Um, considering they are the worst division leader in the NFC, I would think so.
Record wise, or team wise?I think the Giants are a better team than the Bears (yes, Bears have a great defense, but no offense at all. Their D might have trouble with the Giants many weapons, if they get a kicker).
The Bears have no offense at all? They are in the top 6 in the NFL in rushing. Yeah, their passing game stinks, but their running game and top-rated defense give them more than enough to win. They have won 8 in a row and are 9-3. And better than the Giants right now.

ill be the first to say that the Cowboys played like ####!bledsoe was absoloutly awful, was getting hurried and sacked and couldnt make a quick decision to save his life..the giants D did look great but then again so did Dallas'. The difference was in the cowboys inability to punch it in after the g-men kept giving us chance after chance... it was painful to watch.i for one have faith in the cowboys, i think we can beat kc and washington.. carolina will be tough but we should beat stl.. 10-6 maybe 11-5 should be enough??

Start the Phillip Rivers rumor mill.

Cowboys season is D-O-N-E.
culdeus, where is this from? How many wins do you think it will take to make the NFC playoffs? How many games coming up do you think Dallas has no chance to win? Do you think they can win at home against KC? Can they beat the Rams? The Redskins? Can they contain Carolina's offense to keep themselves in a close game? I'd have to say the answer to each of these questions is yes.

I don't know what you were watching yesterday, but I saw two excellent defenses going at it. I saw two excellent DEs eat up the inexperienced Dallas OTs. Like that was a surprise. And as bad as Bledsoe was yesterday, you do realize that Manning had an ever worse QB rating yesterday, don't you?

My hats go off to the Giants. They made enough plays to win. Both teams had opportunities. The Gmen made more of theirs than did Dallas. Congratulations.

culdeus, where is this from? How many wins do you think it will take to make the NFC playoffs? How many games coming up do you think Dallas has no chance to win? Do you think they can win at home against KC? Can they beat the Rams? The Redskins? Can they contain Carolina's offense to keep themselves in a close game? I'd have to say the answer to each of these questions is yes.

I don't know what you were watching yesterday, but I saw two excellent defenses going at it. I saw two excellent DEs eat up the inexperienced Dallas OTs. Like that was a surprise. And as bad as Bledsoe was yesterday, you do realize that Manning had an ever worse QB rating yesterday, don't you?

My hats go off to the Giants. They made enough plays to win. Both teams had opportunities. The Gmen made more of theirs than did Dallas. Congratulations.
Bledosoe's QB rating since Flozell got hurt 70.4. I think we are starting to see what a decent pass rush against this current OL can do. I brought up the OL depth/problems as the primary reason I thought this team would fail in lots of pre-season threads. I got constantly :hophead: from most people even claiming this was a top 10 OL etc. etc. Fact is, I was right. The schedule gets just absurd the last 4 weeks.

KC at home this week. Not sure if KC really has a pass rush to throw at us of any capacity. Still a sort of a toss up game. KC as you know used to be a Dallas team so they bring by far the most fans of any fan base. Lots of people in Dallas grew up as KC fans because of the move also. Those guys seem to come out of the woodwork. It's really strange and Jerry doesn't force KC single ticket holders to buy a preseason game also so they get tickets very fast. Crowd could easily be 75%-25% split negating much of the home field advantage.

This offense (KC) is exactly what Bill wants here. A pound it down your throat running game and efficent passing.

Prediction 27-17 KC

The next week is on the road to Washington. Obviously an elimination game for both teams. I sort of see Washington surging at the moment and they get a virtual bye week next week. The crowd smelling weakness and a shot at the wild card gets Bledsoe rattled and the D can't score enough on it's own.

20-6 WAS

Not a chance in hell in Carolina. Probably at this point the Cowboys no longer control their own destiny. Peppers gets 3 sacks and depending on game events a Romo sighting takes place.

35-10 CAR

St. Louis being eliminated much earlier has nothing to play for and gets rip roaring drunk on NYE at Silver City. Dallas wins a meangingless game and costs themselves a few draft spots, but saves a losing season.

Dallas 42-10

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations G-Men. Strahan and Uyemoria were unreal and with a DE pair like that it will be hard to expose your secondary. Cowboys D looked tough and did just about all they could however, I have to say I'm very disappointed with the way that Bledsoe played and even moreso with the conservative play calling. Why are we running play action bombs on 3rd and 1?!! A key 3rd and 1 in the 4th quarter with great field position?Running every 1st down is ok when the rb is picking up 3-4 yards a pop but the run game was inconsistent. The offense scored 10 points and looked much smoother when we went to hurry up early in the 3rd why not stay with that?Again only 1 game out of 1st place....KC next. Heres to hoping Bill and Drew get the kinks worked out at home.

I'm as thrilled as any Giant fan with the outcome of the game but there's no way I believe Dallas is out of the race. In fact, I'm still not convinced the G-Men win the division. If we lose in Philly next week (very possible) and Dallas wins, everything's locked up atop the division. I can't help but feel the intensity won't be the same on the road as it was yesterday. I haven't seen too many new avatar's from all the overconfident Dallas fans yet. In fact, I haven't seen too many Dallas fans. :bag:

I think we win next week and i think we will take the division. Winning against the eagles and Washington will pretty much give us the division because we would win the tie breaker. They may be forced to win out.

I think we win next week and i think we will take the division. Winning against the eagles and Washington will pretty much give us the division because we would win the tie breaker. They may be forced to win out.
As much as it pains me to say so, I don't think the Giants will beat both Philly AND Washington on the road. This division race is far from over.

For what its worth, if the season ended today, Dallas would be in the playoffs as the #6 seed. So even as bad as they played yesterday (on offense), they still control their own destiny for the playoffs. That sure beats the situation that a lot of teams face. Granted, its dissappointing compared to the outlook two weeks ago. But there are a lot of teams that would love to be in Dallas' situation right now......

As much as it pains me to say so, I don't think the Giants will beat both Philly AND Washington on the road. This division race is far from over.
:goodposting: I am a Giants fan but I am not so sure the Giants can win both of those division games on the road.

The Giants are 2-3 on the road this season. One of those road wins was in reality a home game against the Saints, the other was @ the 49ers.

I hope they can fix their road problems soon.

Bledosoe's QB rating since Flozell got hurt 70.4. I think we are starting to see what a decent pass rush against this current OL can do. I brought up the OL depth/problems as the primary reason I thought this team would fail in lots of pre-season threads. I got constantly :hophead: from most people even claiming this was a top 10 OL etc. etc. Fact is, I was right. The schedule gets just absurd the last 4 weeks.

KC at home this week. Not sure if KC really has a pass rush to throw at us of any capacity. Still a sort of a toss up game. KC as you know used to be a Dallas team so they bring by far the most fans of any fan base. Lots of people in Dallas grew up as KC fans because of the move also. Those guys seem to come out of the woodwork. It's really strange and Jerry doesn't force KC single ticket holders to buy a preseason game also so they get tickets very fast. Crowd could easily be 75%-25% split negating much of the home field advantage.

This offense (KC) is exactly what Bill wants here. A pound it down your throat running game and efficent passing.

Prediction 27-17 KC

The next week is on the road to Washington. Obviously an elimination game for both teams. I sort of see Washington surging at the moment and they get a virtual bye week next week. The crowd smelling weakness and a shot at the wild card gets Bledsoe rattled and the D can't score enough on it's own.

20-6 WAS

Not a chance in hell in Carolina. Probably at this point the Cowboys no longer control their own destiny. Peppers gets 3 sacks and depending on game events a Romo sighting takes place.

35-10 CAR

St. Louis being eliminated much earlier has nothing to play for and gets rip roaring drunk on NYE at Silver City. Dallas wins a meangingless game and costs themselves a few draft spots, but saves a losing season.

Dallas 42-10
Hey Culdeus what do you have against the Dallas Cowboys? Seems like every post you make is derogatory towards the Cowboys. The Cowboys have had tough match ups all season. We had to beat Philly twice, once with McNabb and TO and then another time with McNabb. I think Dallas deserves a little more credit your predictions are clouded by your homerism for the Giants or your dislike for the Cowboys. I am a big Dallas fan but you dont see me posting non sense like the Giants will go 1-3 the rest of the season. The Giants and Cowboys are up and coming teams. Dallas has problems but so does NY. Please exercise some common sense next time posting. Thanks in advance.

Prediction 27-17 KC

20-6 WAS

35-10 CAR

Dallas 42-10
Hey Culdeus what do you have against the Dallas Cowboys? Seems like every post you make is derogatory towards the Cowboys. The Cowboys have had tough match ups all season. We had to beat Philly twice, once with McNabb and TO and then another time with McNabb. I think Dallas deserves a little more credit your predictions are clouded by your homerism for the Giants or your dislike for the Cowboys. I am a big Dallas fan but you dont see me posting non sense like the Giants will go 1-3 the rest of the season. The Giants and Cowboys are up and coming teams. Dallas has problems but so does NY. Please exercise some common sense next time posting. Thanks in advance.
You may not agree with his predictions but that doesn't constitute them as non-sense.

I don't consider myself a homer. I own season tickets and go to nearly all the games and follow them on local radio/paper constantly. I've probably been to nearly 100 games now. I consider myself a cynic. In earlier threads and one that got deleted because too many mods/admins stuck their necks out for Philly I was doing a little chest pumping. That was before the loss of Flozell was fully realized. :ptts:This is a 1-3 and AT BEST 2-2 the last four weeks. Maybe that's good enough for a Meadowlands rematch. Maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread