What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Magazine: Donald Trump is running for President again. (1 Viewer)

Watch the market magically improve when a Republican wins the white hose and maybe after they take control of Congress.
Data shows the performance of the stock market is really not all that dependent on which party is in control of the White House. 

Ironically, despite what you are seeing this year, over the last 70 years the stock market has performed best when a Democrat was president and congress was split.

I am not giving Biden a pass, I am just suggesting that perhaps there are other, more important factors in play than the POTUS.   

Watch the market magically improve when a Republican wins the white hose and maybe after they take control of Congress.
On average markets, gdp, unemployment, inflation have fared better with a Dem in the WH going back to Eisenhower so statistically they were dude a dud. 

don't know.   I do know when "unnamed sources" are the source for news I disregard.

we are talking about the most pathetically vindictive president in history - you really don't see why people would not want to be named?  it's not unidentified sources - it's legit people revealing this data that don't want their name used.

turn the gaslight off when you leave

Are there betting lines anywhere? 

I think a decent bet would be that he runs, and then withdraws. Suck as much money as possible, then declares the whole system is rigged, and he can do more damage to the Deep State as an outsider. Like OJ's murder investigation. 

I think a decent bet would be that he runs, and then withdraws. Suck as much money as possible, then declares the whole system is rigged, and he can do more damage to the Deep State as an outsider. Like OJ's murder investigation. 
I would put money on him losing GOP primary, and then running as a 3rd party in general election to siphon off MAGA votes from GOP as a revenge play.

That would maximize spitefulness when GOP subsequently loses to Dems in general election.

Maximizes cash and seems more in line with his personality.

I would put money on him losing GOP primary, and then running as a 3rd party in general election to siphon off MAGA votes from GOP as a revenge play.

That would maximize spitefulness when GOP subsequently loses to Dems in general election.

If you're looking to wager on Trump losing a GOP primary he actually enters and remains in through New Hampshire and Iowa or whatever states are first in 2024, I will happily take your money. How much money are you planning on giving me?  I'll take whatever you're giving away.

It would also allow for more opportunity to milk more money from his supporters...

the GOP knows this is exactly what he will do.  which is why he will be running unopposed.

If Trump runs, which he definitely will, he'll have virtually no opposition from Republicans in their primaries. The party platform will be "whatever Trump says". Trump will assuredly lose the popular vote, employ every tactic possible to capture the electoral college vote (which he won't win legitimately, but rather through schemes like alternative electors, flat out fraud from state legislatures, etc.). Nearly everyone who voted for him before, but claims they are done with him, will vote for him again. The country will become further divided, there will likely be political violence. People like myself, who rather abhor current election politics, will be pointing these things out, likely to scoffs and scowls from those who will enable this.

Don't do it folks. For the country's sake, rebuke this narcissist already. It's dangerous. I've said this a million times. It's been true every time.

If Trump runs, which he definitely will, he'll have virtually no opposition from Republicans in their primaries. The party platform will be "whatever Trump says". Trump will assuredly lose the popular vote, employ every tactic possible to capture the electoral college vote (which he won't win legitimately, but rather through schemes like alternative electors, flat out fraud from state legislatures, etc.). Nearly everyone who voted for him before, but claims they are done with him, will vote for him again. The country will become further divided, there will likely be political violence. People like myself, who rather abhor current election politics, will be pointing these things out, likely to scoffs and scowls from those who will enable this.

Don't do it folks. For the country's sake, rebuke this narcissist already. It's dangerous. I've said this a million times. It's been true every time.
It’s dangerous NOW because of a lack of leadership on the world stage by Biden.  You’re fighting a losing battle here.  I will either vote 3rd party or leave president blank if it’s Trump, Team Blue isn’t even a consideration.  When 98% of the ballots will vote for team red or team blue in the next election, choose your death.

Vegas rules doesn’t allow election gambling, offshore has it.  There is probably field bets only at this time.  

It’s dangerous NOW because of a lack of leadership on the world stage by Biden.  You’re fighting a losing battle here.  I will either vote 3rd party or leave president blank if it’s Trump, Team Blue isn’t even a consideration.  When 98% of the ballots will vote for team red or team blue in the next election, choose your death.
For the record, I'm hoping neither Biden nor Trump run in 2024. But this post certainly gives off "don't make me punch you in the face" vibes, as if one seemingly can't control their own actions. In other words, it's not "Team Blue's" fault when Republicans nominate and vote for Trump. That's on Republicans. Not sure why it keeps coming back to this point. 

For the record, I'm hoping neither Biden nor Trump run in 2024. But this post certainly gives off "don't make me punch you in the face" vibes, as if one seemingly can't control their own actions. In other words, it's not "Team Blue's" fault when Republicans nominate and vote for Trump. That's on Republicans. Not sure why it keeps coming back to this point. 
Team Blue is fighting the losing battle as they will pay in November.  I can’t get mad at a poster with a Rush reference.

No one has ever said this. Ever.

How about "Team Red" vote for anyone else in the GOP primary besides that lying, cheating, treasonous crybaby Donald J Trump? 

Do that and I may vote for the Republican nominee or at the very least vote third party or sit the election out.   

How about "Team Red" vote for anyone else in the GOP primary besides that lying, cheating, treasonous crybaby Donald J Trump? 

Do that and I may vote for the Republican nominee or at the very least vote third party or sit the election out.   
If you're that concerned, why not register as a GOP and vote in the primary yourself?

Exactly.  Though, Id agree Rolling Stone isn’t exactly credible and earned skepticism based on their reporting.
I’m not saying that if it has unnamed sources it should automatically be believed. But it also shouldn’t automatically be dismissed. Unnamed sources have been a staple of journalism from the beginning.

I’m voting DeSantis if he’s running.  The last two was Kasich, can’t remember the other but it wasn’t Trump.

It's strange to say this because the 2020 election wasn't even two full years ago.  But this was 100% exactly my view on the Democratic primaries back then, and it's quickly shaping up into my view of the Republican primaries this time around.  I wanted Biden to get the D nod because I thought he was the normiest of the norm-restoring candidates in the field, so when the Democrats actually nominated him, I felt obliged to vote for him.  Now I'm just looking for somebody who doesn't have to worry about sundowning and will respect the peaceful transfer of power.  I can't believe those are the criteria I have to apply to evaluate candidates these days, but here we are.

It's strange to say this because the 2020 election wasn't even two full years ago.  But this was 100% exactly my view on the Democratic primaries back then, and it's quickly shaping up into my view of the Republican primaries this time around.  I wanted Biden to get the D nod because I thought he was the normiest of the norm-restoring candidates in the field, so when the Democrats actually nominated him, I felt obliged to vote for him.  Now I'm just looking for somebody who doesn't have to worry about sundowning and will respect the peaceful transfer of power.  I can't believe those are the criteria I have to apply to evaluate candidates these days, but here we are.
Have to wonder how much cable news and SM have to do with candidates, why so few younger options. 

Trump runs again and gets the nomination, early guesses on his running mate. Is Desantis a possibility or would he not bring in votes that Trump wouldn't already get on his own?

There won't be any namby pamby disloyal RINOs on the second Trump staff or in the second Trump cabinet to prevent him from getting his deserved third term. And his new AG will be sending Democrats like AOC right to the big house.

No more Mr. Nice Guy.

I’m not saying that if it has unnamed sources it should automatically be believed. But it also shouldn’t automatically be dismissed. Unnamed sources have been a staple of journalism from the beginning.
True...but again for me it just goes to what the site/source is vs. named and unnamed.  Credible sources using unnamed sources don't bother me much.  Rolling Stone, Vox, Gateway Pundit, Redstate...much more apt to dismiss it all together til someone credible backs it up.

True...but again for me it just goes to what the site/source is vs. named and unnamed.  Credible sources using unnamed sources don't bother me much.  Rolling Stone, Vox, Gateway Pundit, Redstate...much more apt to dismiss it all together til someone credible backs it up.
 Rolling Stone is a highly partisan news source.  Few if any will argue that. But to compare it to GP or Redstate is nonsense. Mother Jones might be a good comparison. You'll get legit reporting of facts with a very liberal slant. Neither of them is making #### up out of whole cloth like the Pundit.

probably should be in the media thread but I'm curious what these unnamed sources have uncovered that have been proven to be true over say the last 6 years.  or on the other spectrum what has been pure hogwash?

I'm guessing hogwash 10 to 1 but it's a guess.

good project for you dkp.  IMHO

probably should be in the media thread but I'm curious what these unnamed sources have uncovered that have been proven to be true over say the last 6 years.  or on the other spectrum what has been pure hogwash?

I'm guessing hogwash 10 to 1 but it's a guess.

good project for you dkp.  IMHO
Ah, yeah, no.  As you’re making the hogwash claim and dismissing a standard journalism practice that seems like right up your alley.  

This is exactly what's going to happen. 

Anyone who thinks Trump has a shot at the White House is delusional. :lol:  

I know a bunch of hard core SuperTrumpers in Florida. These guys have the "SUPERMAGA" hats and fly "TRUMP" and "LETS GO BRANDON" flags from their boats.... they go to Trump Rallies. 

Even THOSE guys, to the man, said Trump has no shot and can't serious run or he'll hurt the right. They all seem to want Desantis and talked about Candace Owens as a running mate. But they said Trump isn't the guy... and they're superfans. 

Rolling Stone is a highly partisan news source.  Few if any will argue that. But to compare it to GP or Redstate is nonsense. Mother Jones might be a good comparison. You'll get legit reporting of facts with a very liberal slant. Neither of them is making #### up out of whole cloth like the Pundit.

Not usually, but Rolling Stone did make a campus rape up out of whole cloth a few years back.

Just here to watch liberal 🤯 as this progresses.  :blackdot:
This train will be off the tracks well before the election I know dozens of his most die hard supporters who don't want him to run. 

This is all a ploy. 

That said the Pearl clutching (left) and chest beating (right) by the folks who don't realize it's a ruse will indeed be entertaining, 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread