What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***NFC Championship - Detroit Lions 14-5 at San Francisco 49'ers 13-5*** (-7.5, 52) 6:30 (1 Viewer)

Devil's advocate a little, but that FG was no gimme, and the play they called worked other than the ball being caught. Outcome sucks, but process was right in my eyes, especially as its Campbell's DNA to go for it, and the Lions aren't here without that attitude.
Completely

Part of their identity, it's who they are.

Cherry picking these decisions is really dumb.

Disagree - you’re the underdog and on the road. You knew SF would come out with their best shot in the 2nd half. You held them to a FG and then took time off the clock and could get that 17 point lead back. Them not getting the 1st down gave all the momentum to San Fran.
this is why you are an internet poster and not an NFL head coach :shrug: the play was the correct call, the player just dropped the pass. Just as the kicker could have missed the kick, the 3 was not guaranteed

I know nothing about coaching like most everybody in here and just giving my opinion- no delusions I’m “right”. I think there’s times that the numbers shouldn’t be followed. There really is a thing as momentum - as we are seeing.
it's not Campbell's fault the guy dropped the pass. And now he just dropped another.

Devil's advocate a little, but that FG was no gimme, and the play they called worked other than the ball being caught. Outcome sucks, but process was right in my eyes, especially as its Campbell's DNA to go for it, and the Lions aren't here without that attitude.
Completely

Cherry picking a 45-yf FG attempt up 14 in the NFCC
:lmao: :lol: :lmao:

You did say cherry picking? OMG, awesome sauce, I love it
We could not be more 180 on that one
Have you not watched the Lions any thus season....to kick a FG was not even a remote thought.

just because campbell is always a meathead doesn't mean always being a meathead is correct
Meathead....get out of her...clueless Comment.

lol you watch the dallas game, or getting his team hurt in week 18 for no reason? several other examples too. Overall I do like him and like that he is aggressive, but there is still a time for reason from time to time too

Completely

Disagree - you’re the underdog and on the road. You knew SF would come out with their best shot in the 2nd half. You held them to a FG and then took time off the clock and could get that 17 point lead back. Them not getting the 1st down gave all the momentum to San Fran.
this is why you are an internet poster and not an NFL head coach :shrug: the play was the correct call, the player just dropped the pass. Just as the kicker could have missed the kick, the 3 was not guaranteed

I know nothing about coaching like most everybody in here and just giving my opinion- no delusions I’m “right”. I think there’s times that the numbers shouldn’t be followed. There really is a thing as momentum - as we are seeing.
it's not Campbell's fault the guy dropped the pass. And now he just dropped another.
He dropped them because the momentum shifted

All we need now is for a player for the Lions pants to fall down as he's making a play for their failure to be complete.

Completely

He’s maybe 2% culpable as the guy shouldn’t have been given the chance to drop it - again, IMO.

I hate to harp on it, but that 4th down play was so huge
Game tuned on that dropped pass.

Take the 3.
yeah cause you can predict a pass off a defenders face mask on what should be an int, a fumble, another dropped pass and now a punt team unable to keep the ball inside the 5 because they are running out of control
I mean, it’s 4th & 2 in FG range. Points are points.

Risking not getting points is worse than taking easy FGs.

I was not a fan of them going for it there. I mean, as a Niner fan I am, but in general I thought they shoulda taken the points.

Fourth quarter, fellas.

Last one of the year, really. (Super Bowl is more about group entertainment and the surrounding circumstances than football.)

Users who are viewing this thread