What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFCCG: Packers at Falcons Discussion (1 Viewer)

Exactly! Aikman made a great comment before the game Sunday that Rodgers had that look about him for the game Sunday and he sure delivered again.
Not for nothing, but what does that look really get you? I realize that it didn't happen this way, but if DAL didn't spike the ball, ran their regular offense with a minute to go, and scored a game winning TD as time expires, Rodgers "look" would have been on the sidelines and the Packers would be home watching this week. This is not a knock on Rodgers, as that was an incredible play, but better coaching and Rodgers never would have had a chance to make that throw.

Not for nothing, but what does that look really get you? I realize that it didn't happen this way, but if DAL didn't spike the ball, ran their regular offense with a minute to go, and scored a game winning TD as time expires, Rodgers "look" would have been on the sidelines and the Packers would be home watching this week. This is not a knock on Rodgers, as that was an incredible play, but better coaching and Rodgers never would have had a chance to make that throw.
I guess you didn't watch the entire game.

And if Rodgers had thrown the one ball 2 feet further to the outside Davante catches it rather than an INT and likely even scores there.

Lots of ifs happen in every game.

Friend and I decided to say screw it and travel tot he game Sunday when we found 2 seats section 121 row 5 for 425.00 each, couldn't believe they were that cheap. GO PACK GO!!!!

I guess you didn't watch the entire game.
My point was not to nit pick very play in the game. Rodgers could have had the look and was close to potentially losing as a spectator on the sideline. 

I'm pretty sure fans of all four remaining teams will say that their QB has the look of a SB champion. 

Enjoy.  I envy you.  How far to travel?
Not to bad, looks like 11 hours on Waze so it will probably take us 10 or less from Houston. 

Was going to use points for a flight but they are stupid, I have a ton of points but cannot justify what they wanna charge.

My point was not to nit pick very play in the game. Rodgers could have had the look and was close to potentially losing as a spectator on the sideline. 

I'm pretty sure fans of all four remaining teams will say that their QB has the look of a SB champion. 
But that's exactly what you did!! :lmao:

But that's exactly what you did!! :lmao:
I pointed to one play that has nothing to do with Rodgers that could have led to him not having a chance to be a super hero. 

I followed that up with most QBs look like winners this time of year. It would have been silly if Aikman said Prescott had the look of a loser. You could see it in his eyes. 

I think GB will need to score 40+ to win in ATL.  ATL will find the end zone early and often, imo.  Should be a great game to watch.  

I think GB will need to score 40+ to win in ATL.  ATL will find the end zone early and often, imo.  Should be a great game to watch.  
I disagree. I think a 34 to 24 final score is about right this game, for whoever wins. Everyone's expecting this big shoot out and I'm not so sure it's going to end up as close or as high scoring as people think. O/U is 60 last I saw. I would probably take the under. There's obviously a very good argument to say it'll be a track meet; both teams averaging well over 30 points per game lately. 

I did say the winner of the Dallas game would be about 10 points, and there was no way Dallas could go point for point with GB, and I was dead wrong there so maybe I'm dead wrong here too. I just feel like decent defense will turn up at some point. Mistakes will be made. Look in the Dallas game.. only 1 turnover on each side

I disagree. I think a 34 to 24 final score is about right this game, for whoever wins. Everyone's expecting this big shoot out and I'm not so sure it's going to end up as close or as high scoring as people think. O/U is 60 last I saw. I would probably take the under. There's obviously a very good argument to say it'll be a track meet; both teams averaging well over 30 points per game lately. 

I did say the winner of the Dallas game would be about 10 points, and there was no way Dallas could go point for point with GB, and I was dead wrong there so maybe I'm dead wrong here too. I just feel like decent defense will turn up at some point. Mistakes will be made. Look in the Dallas game.. only 1 turnover on each side
Certainly anything is possible, but in 9 games this season at home, the Falcons averaged 35 ppg. GB in the regular season was the 31st ranked pass defense and allowed more passing yards than the Packers generated. In the playoffs, they have been 60 passing yards per game WORSE than in the regular season.I wouldn't say I would be shocked if Atlanta was held to 24 points, but I would be really surprised if there were. On paper, this has the makings of a 41-38 game and whoever scores last wins.

Real doubts Jordy will be available, and some doubt as to Adams.  Too early for me to predict anything, not that my predictions are much anticipated by others.

Yeah...wouldn't have much confidence with still dinged up Cobb, Janis. Allison, and Davis.
Just absolutely no breaks this year.  Some years are like that.  Seems impossible the Packers can be competitive, but they were massively banged up in the earlier game against them and went toe to toe, so who knows.

Go Pack!

Real doubts Jordy will be available, and some doubt as to Adams.  Too early for me to predict anything, not that my predictions are much anticipated by others.
From what I am hearing, which is not much outside of what everyone knows right now, maybe an extra tid bit that you didn't know, probably not:
Jordy won't be playing (very long shot, although my guy says he was going through a workout in the weight room Monday)
Adams will (by now you've all seen he won't practice until Saturday, but I am hearing he will likely play).
Burnett is likely
Rollins we are unsure yet. My guy thinks he will go... but it's his educated guess. 

Julio is still dealing with his turf toe. So there's that to even things out to some degree. He's been quite a different player since before his injury:

Pre Turf Toe:
104 yards per game
17.4 yards per reception*
9.4 targets per game

Post Turf Toe:
74 yards per game
13.1 yards per reception*
8 targets per game

* Quite a huge difference, obviously his toe is bothering him, and it will until the offseason and maybe the rest of his career. These problems can shorten careers... 

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Packers top 2 WRs very much in doubt along with the issues on defense it's hard for me to objectively pick the Packers.  But I've learned to count them out at my own peril, so I certainly give them a fighting chance as long as #12 is healthy. 

Clearly the fan bases of Atlanta and Green Bay aren't as fired up as those of Pit and NE.  They have 4 times the number of pages over in the other thread!

Not enough smack talk happening.

Clearly the fan bases of Atlanta and Green Bay aren't as fired up as those of Pit and NE.  They have 4 times the number of pages over in the other thread!

That's because Anarchy99 is posting in there. Chances are you hit 30 pages before kickoff. He's as bad as I am with the statistics 

Clearly a lot more history between the Steelers and the Patriots. Can anyone remember the last big Falcons / Packers game?

Fine. I'll stay in this thread instead if you are exhausted by the other.
It was in jest. I even changed it to further poke fun at myself and to not come across as a jerk. We can have fun at each other next week in the GB vs NE Super Bowl Thread

Clearly a lot more history between the Steelers and the Patriots. Can anyone remember the last big Falcons / Packers game?
The last big Falcons/Packers game was about 10 weeks ago... wasn't a lot at stake but it was quite the game

GB destroyed ATL in the playoffs 2011and 2003, beat them 1995

Atlanta has never beaten GB in the playoffs
Green Bay leads the series 17-14

Not to bad, looks like 11 hours on Waze so it will probably take us 10 or less from Houston. 

Was going to use points for a flight but they are stupid, I have a ton of points but cannot justify what they wanna charge.
You get a "like" for using Waze, most people I speak to have no clue what it is. I think its the best free GPS going, love the live updates especially when I may or may not be speeding on I95! 

It would have been silly if Aikman said Prescott had the look of a loser. You could see it in his eyes. 
But to be honest that would have been funny to hear an announcer say that. I totally understand and agree with what you are saying, but Rodgers has the numbers to back up the way people are talking about his play, although Ryan does as well.  

It was in jest. I even changed it to further poke fun at myself and to not come across as a jerk. We can have fun at each other next week in the GB vs NE Super Bowl Thread

The last big Falcons/Packers game was about 10 weeks ago... wasn't a lot at stake but it was quite the game

GB destroyed ATL in the playoffs 2011and 2003, beat them 1995

Atlanta has never beaten GB in the playoffs
Green Bay leads the series 17-14
I can't say that the history of the NFL has many pages devoted to the Falcons. There should definitely be more talk about the 77 Falcons defense. They pitched a shutout in one game, allowed single digit points in 5 others, and exactly 10 points in two games. That's 8 games with 10 or fewer points allowed. They allowed only 9.2 ppg on the season, which I believe is the lowest per game total in modern football.

I only have a vague recollection of that team (what do you want, I was 11), but they forced 48 turnovers in a 14 game season. They had 2 games where they did not allow 100 yards, 3 games where they allowed single digit first downs, and 6 games where they allowed fewer than 200 yards of offense.

Of course, when your team can only score 12 ppg, you end up 7-7 and out of the playoffs, and history has a tendency to forget about you.

But to be honest that would have been funny to hear an announcer say that. I totally understand and agree with what you are saying, but Rodgers has the numbers to back up the way people are talking about his play, although Ryan does as well.  
Just like the stories on Monday morning after a long weekend of drinking and partying. They were never skanks, they were always uber attractive super models and pin up girls that were 9.5's and 10's.

I know the Brady fans will.  Over and over....ad nauseum.  

Yes, well, we Patriots fans are saving up money to buy ourselves a $200 pair (for the top and the bottom) of TB12 pajamas.

UnderArmour TB12 Tom Brady Athlete Recover Sleepwear
"TB12 technology reflects Far Infrared, which helps your body recover faster, promote better sleep, reduce inflammation & regulate cell metabolism"

:no:

What's funny is the infrared they claim it reflects is actually used to help bodies recover faster, reduce inflammation, and improve cell metabolism! And unless you sleep under an infrared light, or in the sunlight, this does absolutely nothing. 

This is about as stupid and has as much scientific support to back their claims as Brett Favre endorsing Copper Fit 

Tom Brady Fans: "Shut up and take my money!!!!" 

Nobody can predict the score or winner of any game. Doing so and thinking you know better than anyone else is just arrogant.  

What's the motivation? I'm assuming to say 'I told you so' if you do get close? Seems pointless and self serving to me because nobody expects you to be right. 

Green Bay has CULTURE on its side. Culture is the difference in the game. Green Bay advances to the Superbowl against NE. Both GB and NE have a lot of powerful culture.

Green Bay has CULTURE on its side. Culture is the difference in the game. Green Bay advances to the Superbowl against NE. Both GB and NE have a lot of powerful culture.
The Patriots have a culture of cheating. I don't know why you wouldn't include the Steelers when talking about football and culture.

I think the teams that play the best on Sunday will win and advance.

Rhythmdoctor said:
Nobody can predict the score or winner of any game. Doing so and thinking you know better than anyone else is just arrogant.  

What's the motivation? I'm assuming to say 'I told you so' if you do get close? Seems pointless and self serving to me because nobody expects you to be right. 
he says someone will have to score 40+, so I said that I disagreed and I thought the score would be about 10 points difference and winner in the mid 30s. 

stop assuming the worst in people. 

predictions are for fun. why do they make predictions on the pregame show?

the point of what I said was to share my thoughts and opinion on what I think the score will be. I never said it's fact. others disagree, who cares. do I have to agree with you in order to post here?

JFC what happened to these forums.... used to be a place for free flowing ideas and thoughts leading to discussion. now everyone assumes you're being arrogant, a troll, self serving, or wanting to say I told you so. anyone who would know me personally would say I embody the opposite of such behavior. smh... I blame the snowflakes; "your opinion is welcome if it is the same as mine"

ok Rhythmdoctor I'll check with you next time before I post, or just add you next to Biabreakable 

meanjoegreen said:
The Patriots have a culture of cheating. I don't know why you wouldn't include the Steelers when talking about football and culture.

Steelers have a more rich culture than new england. it's certainly more positive as well

meanjoegreen said:

:lmao:

Anarchy99 said:
Just like the stories on Monday morning after a long weekend of drinking and partying. They were never skanks, they were always uber attractive super models and pin up girls that were 9.5's and 10's.
Always brotha :)

AAABatteries said:
CULTURE must be football's version of THE WILL TO WIN!

The Falcons know how to "dig deep" and also "put it on the line."  We'll see whose cliches are more powerful soon enough!!

Team Smokin' said:
Culture and/or the ghosts of Vince Lombardi and Ray Nitschke aren't going to be able to stop Ryan and those two running backs from littering the end zone.  

Culture and/or the ghosts of Vince Lombardi and Ray Nitschke aren't going to be able to stop Ryan and those two running backs from littering the end zone.  
They held Freeman to 3.2 YPC and only gave up 90 total rushing yards

Ryan averaged 309 yards per game for the season... GB held him to 288... nothing to write home about but it was a middle of the road game for Ryan (literally the median game for Ryan's regular season)

In fact, Atlanta's last game against GB was their 7th lowest scoring game of the entire season

I'd gladly take those same statistics this game.

They held Freeman to 3.2 YPC and only gave up 90 total rushing yards

Ryan averaged 309 yards per game for the season... GB held him to 288... nothing to write home about but it was a middle of the road game for Ryan (literally the median game for Ryan's regular season)

I'd gladly take those same statistics this game 
IF those end up being the ending stats for ATL, I think we can all say that Green Bay safely wins this game by 10+.  That's a big 'IF' however...

Users who are viewing this thread