What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFCCG: Packers at Falcons Discussion (1 Viewer)

They held Freeman to 3.2 YPC and only gave up 90 total rushing yards

Ryan averaged 309 yards per game for the season... GB held him to 288... nothing to write home about but it was a middle of the road game for Ryan (literally the median game for Ryan's regular season)

In fact, Atlanta's last game against GB was their 7th lowest scoring game of the entire season

I'd gladly take those same statistics this game.
Doubt we'll see the same stats as the first game, which was played 3 months ago.  T. Coleman missed that game due to injury.  

ATL is healthy and is playing better now than they did in October when they lost back to back games (one to San Diego at home) prior to the GB game.  

Green Bay is not healthy and is surviving off the sheer will of Aaron Rodgers.  They won't hold J. Jones to 3 catches this weekend.  Vic Beasley will say hello to Rodgers a couple of times, one of which will probably cause a crucial fumble.   :football:

Doubt we'll see the same stats as the first game, which was played 3 months ago.  T. Coleman missed that game due to injury.  

ATL is healthy and is playing better now than they did in October when they lost back to back games (one to San Diego at home) prior to the GB game.  

Green Bay is not healthy and is surviving off the sheer will of Aaron Rodgers.  They won't hold J. Jones to 3 catches this weekend.  Vic Beasley will say hello to Rodgers a couple of times, one of which will probably cause a crucial fumble.   :football:
I can play this game too... 

That game GB was without:

Ty Montgomery
Randall Cobb
Jared Cook
Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins 
Clay Matthews

But sure, T. Coleman not playing must have been a back breaker for ATL... 

Green Bay is healthier and playing better now than they did in October/November when they lost back to back to back to back games (one to the Colts at home) starting with the Atlanta game

All snarkiness aside, Green Bay was without their top 2 CBs, best defensive player, best passing threat (Cook), and was rolling out KNILE DAVIS as the starting RB. 

I'm pretty sure their offense and defense is functioning 100% different than they did 3 months ago and the team as a whole is much healthier than they were 3 months ago.

From what I'm hearing Rollins will potentially be cleared to play tomorrow or Saturday, Burnett is likely to play, Adams will go, and Jordy was doing a workout in the weight room earlier this week. All promising news

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I never realized GB fans were so smarmy before. I always thought they were pretty fun. 

Anyway, should be a good game. ATL's defense has improved every week out lately with our rookie LBs no longer playing like rookies.  I wish we had Trufant for this game, but Collins has played well and Alford has really toned down his PI issues. 

Man, I never realized GB fans were so smarmy before. I always thought they were pretty fun. 

Anyway, should be a good game. ATL's defense has improved every week out lately with our rookie LBs no longer playing like rookies.  I wish we had Trufant for this game, but Collins has played well and Alford has really toned down his PI issues. 
Not trying to be. Just kind of short sighted of other fans to assume because their RB2 was out last time, and the word is GB is banged up, so that their team is going to roll over GB... GB has been banged up all year. Just pointing out that when GB faced ATL they were without 6 starters, all 5 of 6 the best at their positions. And they lost by 1. Both teams are obviously playing very different than they were back in week 8. At least I'd hope so. It'll be interesting to see how Green Bay's offense plays compared to last time they faced ATL

I think either GB or ATL will come out and make mistakes and result in a double digit win for the other team... I just have a gut feeling. Might just be the fried cheese curds I had at Culvers yesterday... I was wrong about Dallas, so maybe I'll be wrong about ATL's offense too. I just haven't been that impressed with their resume. But then again it is true that Rodgers has been doing some pretty crazy stuff the last month and a half resulting in these Ws. We can argue all day who we think is going to win and by how much. That's what makes this kind of fun leading up to the game. I'm not looking for an I told you so moment, rather just enjoying good banter and looking up statistics. At the end of the week they still make them play the game.

The Claymaker said:
You get a "like" for using Waze, most people I speak to have no clue what it is. I think its the best free GPS going, love the live updates especially when I may or may not be speeding on I95! 
It is awesome, love it. I never have to but here in Houston people update it by the minute for cops on the tollway I usually have a ride along with me but I can see how helpful it would be lol, considering to take the Katy Tollway as far as I have to is 10.00 each way a day.

Not trying to be. Just kind of short sighted of other fans to assume because their RB2 was out last time, and the word is GB is banged up, so that their team is going to roll over GB... 
Well to be fair, I never said they would roll over GB.  I see it 41-38 with Matt Bryant hitting a 48 yarder with less than 10 seconds in regulation.  I said earlier that GB would probably need 40+ to win this game.  I still believe that.  Of course, like everyone else, I could be wrong and it could be a blowout.  

And full disclosure, I'm a Panthers fan.  But I will pull for the NFC south division in this case.  If GB wins, then I'll certainly pull for them to beat either of the AFC teams still alive.  :yucky:

I can play this game too... 

That game GB was without:

Ty Montgomery
Randall Cobb
Jared Cook
Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins 
Clay Matthews

But sure, T. Coleman not playing must have been a back breaker for ATL... 

Green Bay is healthier and playing better now than they did in October/November when they lost back to back to back to back games (one to the Colts at home) starting with the Atlanta game

All snarkiness aside, Green Bay was without their top 2 CBs, best defensive player, best passing threat (Cook), and was rolling out KNILE DAVIS as the starting RB. 

I'm pretty sure their offense and defense is functioning 100% different than they did 3 months ago and the team as a whole is much healthier than they were 3 months ago.

From what I'm hearing Rollins will potentially be cleared to play tomorrow or Saturday, Burnett is likely to play, Adams will go, and Jordy was doing a workout in the weight room earlier this week. All promising news

Knile Davis got carries n that game.  Knile Davis!

Well to be fair, I never said they would roll over GB.  I see it 41-38 with Matt Bryant hitting a 48 yarder with less than 10 seconds in regulation.  I said earlier that GB would probably need 40+ to win this game.  I still believe that.  Of course, like everyone else, I could be wrong and it could be a blowout.  

And full disclosure, I'm a Panthers fan.  But I will pull for the NFC south division in this case.  If GB wins, then I'll certainly pull for them to beat either of the AFC teams still alive.  :yucky:
You just left Aaron Rodgers too much time on the clock.

Actually Atlanta has paid some dues and had some heartache over the years, like losing Jamaal Anderson when it looked like they were rolling.  If the Packers can't get there I have no problem with it being Atlanta.

Go Pack!

Ryan has been playing just as well as Rodgers over the last half of the season. I think these teams are pretty damn equal across the board with ATL having a better offense. That might be enough to tilt it in their favor. Anything can happen in one game and I would not be surprised at all if GB wins, but if they played 10 times I'd say ATL wins 6 or 7.

Actually Atlanta has paid some dues and had some heartache over the years, like losing Jamaal Anderson when it looked like they were rolling.  If the Packers can't get there I have no problem with it being Atlanta.

Go Pack!
I would agree. I have nothing against ATL. They're like the Canada of the NFL. Least hated team in the playoffs for the NFC (besides my Pack). Whoever goes I will be cheering for heavily to beat Ben or Brady

Dr. Brew said:
"TB12 technology reflects Far Infrared, which helps your body recover faster, promote better sleep, reduce inflammation & regulate cell metabolism"

:no:

What's funny is the infrared they claim it reflects is actually used to help bodies recover faster, reduce inflammation, and improve cell metabolism! And unless you sleep under an infrared light, or in the sunlight, this does absolutely nothing. 

This is about as stupid and has as much scientific support to back their claims as Brett Favre endorsing Copper Fit 

Tom Brady Fans: "Shut up and take my money!!!!" 
Yes... this is an intelligent assertion to make. :headpat: welcome to becoming the lowest common denominator of Shark Pool poster. Here's your sign. 

Go Pack!
This counts as #99/100 heartaches.  It's not even near the top of the list.

Not trying to be. Just kind of short sighted of other fans to assume because their RB2 was out last time, and the word is GB is banged up, so that their team is going to roll over GB... GB has been banged up all year. Just pointing out that when GB faced ATL they were without 6 starters, all 5 of 6 the best at their positions. And they lost by 1. Both teams are obviously playing very different than they were back in week 8. At least I'd hope so. It'll be interesting to see how Green Bay's offense plays compared to last time they faced ATL

I think either GB or ATL will come out and make mistakes and result in a double digit win for the other team... I just have a gut feeling. Might just be the fried cheese curds I had at Culvers yesterday... I was wrong about Dallas, so maybe I'll be wrong about ATL's offense too. I just haven't been that impressed with their resume. But then again it is true that Rodgers has been doing some pretty crazy stuff the last month and a half resulting in these Ws. We can argue all day who we think is going to win and by how much. That's what makes this kind of fun leading up to the game. I'm not looking for an I told you so moment, rather just enjoying good banter and looking up statistics. At the end of the week they still make them play the game.
The interesting thing to me is that Green Bay and Atlanta are pretty much two sides to the same coin.  Both have great offense and bad defenses.  Neither has played anyone like each other since they last met.  It could go

Q1:  10-3  

Q2:  24-3    

Q3: 24-17  

Q4:  24-31

Or some such thing.  Neither team's lead will be safe until the clock strikes 00:00.    I could see overtime.  I could see 75+ points on the board.  It's like in this game, you can't win by punting, a punt is almost like conceding points.  

Knile Davis got carries n that game.  Knile Davis!
I'd imagine a player of his ummm....aptitude, really limited the game plan as well.   Not that Christine Michael is much better.  But I doubt you see much of him this weekend after that...whatever the #### that was...receiving the kick last week.  

In the 2015 season, Sabertooth came trolling into the Panthers thread after the Cats beat the Packers in the regular season, and told us Panthers fans that we just played our Super Bowl. :yucky:   He was the only Packer fan to vomit up sour grapes in our thread.

The interesting thing to me is that Green Bay and Atlanta are pretty much two sides to the same coin.  Both have great offense and bad defenses.  Neither has played anyone like each other since they last met.  It could go

Q1:  10-3  

Q2:  24-3    

Q3: 24-17  

Q4:  24-31

Or some such thing.  Neither team's lead will be safe until the clock strikes 00:00.    I could see overtime.  I could see 75+ points on the board.  It's like in this game, you can't win by punting, a punt is almost like conceding points.  
It's a Madden kind of game. 4th and 10 and you have to go for it because you know your opponent is going to score 3 plays later if you punt. Haven't played Madden in years... I imagine it's still like that yes? 

In the 2015 season, Sabertooth came trolling into the Panthers thread after the Cats beat the Packers in the regular season, and told us Panthers fans that we just played our Super Bowl. :yucky:   He was the only Packer fan to vomit up sour grapes in our thread.
How was I wrong? :confused:

It's a Madden kind of game. 4th and 10 and you have to go for it because you know your opponent is going to score 3 plays later if you punt. Haven't played Madden in years... I imagine it's still like that yes? 
I stopped playing madden when they dumbed the playbook down and it got really easy to run plays even on hardestvsetting. No challenge. No idea if that was fixed. 

I stopped playing madden when they dumbed the playbook down and it got really easy to run plays even on hardestvsetting. No challenge. No idea if that was fixed. 
I stopped when they did that qb vision crap. it turned into how many buttons you could push as fast as possible to throw the ball

I don't play Madden either.

I don't see how the Packers defense will be able to stop the Falcons.

Love Rogers and all his heroics but I don't think he has enough around him to outscore ATL.

ATL vs NE Superbowl

I don't see either team stopping the other over 4 quarters.

Like most games,playoffs or not,turnovers will decide it.

Both have been very good about protecting the ball,so even 1 untimely interception or fumble will decide it.

I don't see either team stopping the other over 4 quarters.

Like most games,playoffs or not,turnovers will decide it.

Both have been very good about protecting the ball,so even 1 untimely interception or fumble will decide it.
Yep, turnovers, punting accuracy, nailing points every time you have the ball.  I laugh at the notion that the Packers can't stop Ryan, but somehow the Falcons can stop the Packers.  This has track meet written all over it.  

I know all these packers injuries/illnesses might be overblown, but I just get the feeling today their magic might come to an end.  Wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta smoked them (In fairness, wouldn't be all that surprised if GB smoked Atlanta either, but this week is making me more comfortable in the atlanta pick)

All this talk of high scoring..

I get the feeling its a 13-10 type of game. We are discounting the defenses almost entirely. Pack can stop the run and atl can get after the qb..

Wouldnt be shocked to see a grinding low scoring 'play it  close to the vest' kind of  affair..

I get the feeling its a 13-10 type of game. We are discounting the defenses almost entirely. Pack can stop the run and atl can get after the qb..

Wouldnt be shocked to see a grinding low scoring 'play it  close to the vest' kind of  affair..
In the first quarter maybe. Almost zero chance these teams shut each other down.  Maybe though, that's why they play the games I guess.  

I know all these packers injuries/illnesses might be overblown, but I just get the feeling today their magic might come to an end.  Wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta smoked them (In fairness, wouldn't be all that surprised if GB smoked Atlanta either, but this week is making me more comfortable in the atlanta pick)
Overblown?  Did you see the cheap shot to the ribs Jordy took?  It was brutal.  The magic might run out at any point, but sometimes when you keep winning, it's because you are pretty good.  This Packers team just seemed to be stuck in neutral early in the season.  They just game alive after the Redskins game.  Remember, they were a preseason Super Bowl darling.  I think this team is the real Packers.  Not the middling team that got rolled by the Titans.  

where's @Rhythmdoctor to ask why everyone else in here is making predictions. 

Atlanta is my pick... was a nice run Pack
Agreed as much as I'd like to see GB win it just seems the cards are stacked against them right now.  Heart says GB but head says Atlanta.  Though anything's possible with #12 slinging the ball around.

Agreed as much as I'd like to see GB win it just seems the cards are stacked against them right now.  Heart says GB but head says Atlanta.  Though anything's possible with #12 slinging the ball around.
exactly how I'm feeling. I just hope it's not gut wrenching 

I'll admit, I am a Viking fan and my second favorite team is whoever is playing the Packers.

That said, it seems like fans of both these teams are coming to this game with the same thought process,

"I know we can score on them, I just hope we can stop them more than they stop us."

ATL 38 - GB 27

Rodgers has been doing it with smoke and mirrors, but who of note is healthy and can play? They can't really fall back on a running game. 

GB pass defense is unlikely to stop the Falcons, so unless the Packers give up fewer points a lot fewer points than normal (ATL putting up 38 ppg at home) or the GB offense really is unstoppable, the Falcons should win.

if Rodgers can pull out a victory throwing to his reserve receivers, then hats off to him and good luck in the SB.

ATL 38 - GB 27

Rodgers has been doing it with smoke and mirrors, but who of note is healthy and can play? They can't really fall back on a running game. 

GB pass defense is unlikely to stop the Falcons, so unless the Packers give up fewer points a lot fewer points than normal (ATL putting up 38 ppg at home) or the GB offense really is unstoppable, the Falcons should win.

if Rodgers can pull out a victory throwing to his reserve receivers, then hats off to him and good luck in the SB.
smoke and mirrors? so he's not a good qb? he's been running trick plays? I don't get that. 

and all of his wrs will be active this week

it's one thing to troll, it's another to troll completely misinformed 

smoke and mirrors? so he's not a good qb? he's been running trick plays? I don't get that. 

I'm not saying he isn't a good QB. Just the opposite. As others have stated in the MVP thread, GB has been winning with not much of a running game, guys banged up, and some pinpoint accuracy where the margin for error is close to zero and at that point in the game the margin for error was also close to zero. Essentially, he had pulled victory from the grasps of defeat against some pretty steep odds at time. That's the smoke and mirrors part . . . that some how, through some magic, they beat the odds and won.

Sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and hand the ball to the Ripper.

Go Pack go!

Dr. Brew said:

Active but not healthy.  

I'll expect a slow game in the first quarter sort of the warmup portion of the game.  The second half should be almost as much fun as last week. 

Users who are viewing this thread