What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Favorite Team Draft History (1 Viewer)

boubucarow

Footballguy
We all remember Philly fans booing McNabb cuz they wanted Ricky Williams. So post what player you wanted to be picked when your team took someone else. Just remember when you were disappointed after round 1 because you thought your team made a mistake.The two I remember1993 Bears take Curtis Conway and left Jerome Bettis on the board. I was 14 and my neighbor provided me with many ND hats, shirts, and jackets so I was and still am a big ND fan. I thought Bettis was a perfect Chicago runner.2001 Bears take David Terrell a pick before Koren Robinson. I had serious man love for Koren and thought he would be tremendous.

2001 the green bay packers selected florida state DE jamal reynolds with the #10 pick...i really, really wanted the pack to take miami LB dan morgan. he would have stayed healthy on the frozen tundra, seriously!

1998 - Randy Moss.I thought for sure the Vikings' were set for a great run in 1998. McCombs had become the new owner and was shelling out money left and right to get our key veteran free agents under contract; Robert Smith, Todd Steussie, John Randle. My only concern was defense, I thought we needed another playmaker on defense.Moss starts slipping in the draft and all I can think to myself is, "Please Denny don't take Randy Moss, please don't take Randy Moss, please don't take Randy Moss" The report on Moss was being a thug and I really liked what was developing with Cris Carter and Jake Reed, who were setting all kinds of NFL records as a receiving tandem.Low and behold (as I was fishing on a lake), the anouncers described the Vikings pick..."Well the Vikings are now on the clock and... :eek: good lord the Vikings are rushing to the podium and here is the pick....RANDY MOSS.I was like, "What in the world are you thinkng Denny? We are poised to make a run at a Super Bowl and you draft a backup wide receiver?... Idiot.":bag:FYI - I had my heart set on Corey Chavous that year. Almost bought a Chavous Viking jersey before the draft I was so sure they were going to draft him.

1992...I was 10 years old, huge Broncos fan, and got EXTREMELY upset that the Broncos took Tommy Maddox over Carl Pickens. Broncos were desperately in need of WR help, and Elway was just barely over 30. Didnt understand it then, dont understand it now.

1989 draft, the Jets took Jeff Lageman when I wanted to see them take Hart Lee Dykes, who went two picks later to the Patriots. Dykes never amounted to anything, but then again, neither did Lageman.

1998 - Randy Moss.

I thought for sure the Vikings' were set for a great run in 1998. McCombs had become the new owner and was shelling out money left and right to get our key veteran free agents under contract; Robert Smith, Todd Steussie, John Randle. My only concern was defense, I thought we needed another playmaker on defense.

Moss starts slipping in the draft and all I can think to myself is, "Please Denny don't take Randy Moss, please don't take Randy Moss, please don't take Randy Moss" The report on Moss was being a thug and I really liked what was developing with Cris Carter and Jake Reed, who were setting all kinds of NFL records as a receiving tandem.

Low and behold (as I was fishing on a lake), the anouncers described the Vikings pick..."Well the Vikings are now on the clock and... :eek: good lord the Vikings are rushing to the podium and here is the pick....RANDY MOSS.

I was like, "What in the world are you thinkng Denny? We are poised to make a run at a Super Bowl and you draft a backup wide receiver?... Idiot."

:bag:

FYI - I had my heart set on Corey Chavous that year. Almost bought a Chavous Viking jersey before the draft I was so sure they were going to draft him.
I have the opposite mindset as this. I was peeved when the Lions took Terry Fair instead of Moss. Of course, Moss went with the next pick. Screaming at the TV ensued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rams fan here.....Lawrence Phillips (troubled child) instead of Eddie George (class act)..........need I say more.

2004: Vernon CareyFor my money, Rick Spielman takes too much crap for what went wrong with the Dolphins. This was the thing he screwed up more than anything, though.He bought the bill of goods the Vikings were selling about them potentially trading with the Patriots, allowing them to rip Miami off for a 4th rounder. That was a terrible trade.What made it worse was that he took Vernon Carey (a player who hasn't exactly lit it on fire as of yet) instead of taking Vince Willfork. The team was weak at DT, and the problem only got worse due to injury as the year went on. With VW in that position, Miami would have been in a better position than they were with VC sitting and watching the worst offensive line Miami has had since I have been a fan.Carey was a lot better this year and may have a future with Miami. Vince has been better for the Patriots.

Last year I wanted the Lions to take Derrick Johnson and they took BMW.Lots of good 2nd & 3rd round talent at WR in the '05 draft.In 2002 I wanted Roy Williams but got Joey Harrington.

Users who are viewing this thread