What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (2 Viewers)

LOLOLOL.  Five straight for the Ducks.  It'll be their playoffs.

Tuesday, April 20 at Los Angeles
Monday, April 26 at Los Angeles
Wednesday, April 28 at Los Angeles
Friday, April 30 vs. Los Angeles
Saturday, May 1 vs. Los Angeles

Joe Smith@JoeSmithTB

· 3m

BREAKING: #tblightning GM Julien BriseBois said Nikita Kucherov will have hip surgery and he will not play during regular season

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Kirby Dach sustained a fracture in yesterday’s Team 🇨🇦 game vs. Russia 🇷🇺. It’s too early to say how long he’ll be out of CHI  lineup. Hawk doctors want to get him back to CHI to examine him and get more imaging in order to decide if surgery is required.

What is everyone's opinion on the helmet logos?  It does not look to bad on the Devil's helmets.  I do not want to see then get like European and KHL teams with them all over jerseys but the helmet does not bother me with simplicity of Prudential's.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/washington-capitals-new-jersey-devils-to-feature-sponsor-decal-on-helmets-this-season/ar-BB1c9zsG

I do not know how much they are getting for these logos for home and away games this year but I am all for continuing it into future years to see the salary cap grow.  This could only aid the teams finances.  You figure they should be able to get more for future years of 82 games vs. only 56 during 2021. Anyone see a figure for helmet logos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year i see these rinks and think about making one. Then i realize all that work for nothing here in NY. My BIL did one for years and its good for about 5 skates a year where we live
I used to build a rink every year when my kids were younger. Stopped about 6 years ago. Partly because they were older but more because the weather was too changeable. Too many stretches when it would be above freezing.  Was a good run, tho.

Here's one of my early efforts.

Rink

Bolts just cleared a bunch of cap room via Ottawa  

@boltsjolts: Really quickly, JBB spent a 2nd round pick to acquire another 7.48 in cap space as both acquired players will be LTIR. Add that to Kucherov 9.5M and JBB can go over the cap by 16.98M. So TBs cap ceiling is now 98.48M. He also reduced actual cap space with 13/55 out, by 3.35M.

Bolts just cleared a bunch of cap room via Ottawa  

@boltsjolts: Really quickly, JBB spent a 2nd round pick to acquire another 7.48 in cap space as both acquired players will be LTIR. Add that to Kucherov 9.5M and JBB can go over the cap by 16.98M. So TBs cap ceiling is now 98.48M. He also reduced actual cap space with 13/55 out, by 3.35M.
@CapFriendly: With Kucherov, Gaborik and Nilsson all out for the regular season, #Lightning have $16,975,000 that can be placed on LTIR.

We currently have them projected at $15,816,666 above the ceiling leaving them with $1,158,334 in usable space, but it must be used prior to Jan 12 at 5pm. https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1343364940237824000

@CapFriendly: With Kucherov, Gaborik and Nilsson all out for the regular season, #Lightning have $16,975,000 that can be placed on LTIR.

We currently have them projected at $15,816,666 above the ceiling leaving them with $1,158,334 in usable space, but it must be used prior to Jan 12 at 5pm. https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1343364940237824000
Love having an owner willing to spend 18M over the cap during a pandemic just to make another run. God bless him. 

Question: Lightning have 20 HEALTHY players under contract. They have 1.16 mil in cap space.

Let's say they sign a forward for 850k as 21st player.

If a defenseman goes down with short term injury, can they use the taxi squad if they don't have a 23 man roster? Or do they dress 5 D?

What is everyone's opinion on the helmet logos?  It does not look to bad on the Devil's helmets.  I do not want to see then get like European and KHL teams with them all over jerseys but the helmet does not bother me with simplicity of Prudential's.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/washington-capitals-new-jersey-devils-to-feature-sponsor-decal-on-helmets-this-season/ar-BB1c9zsG

I do not know how much they are getting for these logos for home and away games this year but I am all for continuing it into future years to see the salary cap grow.  This could only aid the teams finances.  You figure they should be able to get more for future years of 82 games vs. only 56 during 2021. Anyone see a figure for helmet logos?
It's the beginning of the end.

@SWhyno: Kirby Dach, who broke his right wrist playing for Canada at world juniors (in exhibition), had surgery and is expected to be able to resume hockey-related activities in 4-5 months, Blackhawks say. Basically knocks him out for regular season.

It's the beginning of the end.
You think they will start to advertise on everything or that the owners are hurting that much that they have to do the advertising on the helmet?

Hockey teams are so dependent on the gate revenue and with no one permitted to be at games they said all owners will more than likely be loosing millions again this year. 

Remember that the NHL will be looking to do a new TV deal after this season.  Originally, they were talking that the new contract would be double or triple existing deal.

You think they will start to advertise on everything or that the owners are hurting that much that they have to do the advertising on the helmet?

Hockey teams are so dependent on the gate revenue and with no one permitted to be at games they said all owners will more than likely be loosing millions again this year. 

Remember that the NHL will be looking to do a new TV deal after this season.  Originally, they were talking that the new contract would be double or triple existing deal.
Speaking of TV deals, how is the league (and all the other sports leagues) allowing Sinclair to not come to an agreement with these streaming services (YouTube TV, Hulu, etc.) to carry the Fox Sports regional networks for their games? I will not go back to DirecTV under any circumstances, so I guess this is the end of 40+ years of following baseball, basketball and hockey. And once I'm gone, I doubt I come back. I can't be the only one they're risking losing. Just don't understand how the leagues sit back and let this go on.

Speaking of TV deals, how is the league (and all the other sports leagues) allowing Sinclair to not come to an agreement with these streaming services (YouTube TV, Hulu, etc.) to carry the Fox Sports regional networks for their games? I will not go back to DirecTV under any circumstances, so I guess this is the end of 40+ years of following baseball, basketball and hockey. And once I'm gone, I doubt I come back. I can't be the only one they're risking losing. Just don't understand how the leagues sit back and let this go on.
Been wondering this too. Seems insane the nba and nhl are just sitting on the sidelines when tens of millions of fans can’t watch games. 

Been wondering this too. Seems insane the nba and nhl are just sitting on the sidelines when tens of millions of fans can’t watch games. 
I know Sinclair thinks it's starting Bally Sports TV or whatever the %(_&@#$*(&@ in 2021, but who is going to deal with them? And why would the leagues ever allow them to carry their games after this disaster?

I know Sinclair thinks it's starting Bally Sports TV or whatever the %(_&@#$*(&@ in 2021, but who is going to deal with them? And why would the leagues ever allow them to carry their games after this disaster?
Yea I truly don’t understand why the commissioners haven’t stepped in. As a bolts fan I figured with the NBA starting this would be sorted out by mid-January but now it’s not looking good. 

I like the German coach’s decision to not challenge a 10 foot offsides that directly led to a goal and nearly cost them the game which I can only assume was out of protest of a dumb rule.  I salute you, sir.

Sebastian Wraneschitz, Austrian goalie, has faced 133 shots in two games against the US and Sweden.  His team has a total of 16 shots for in those two games.  Odd to say, but he has played very well for a guy who has given up 14 goals in two games, as it could have been a lot more.  His draft stock has to be rapidly climbing.  ( I believe this is his NHL draft year). 

Haven't seen Byfield play all that much but he sure looks like a bystander whenever I do. World juniors don't determine a players career but I expect more from a #2 overall.   :shrug:

..and, right on cue he scores a couple and has 5 point game. 

😀

Zdeno Chara signs a one year deal with the Capitals.  Would have preferred he retired as a Bruin, but understand him still wanting to play.  B's will miss his leadership on and off the ice, but very grateful for all he has given to the B's.  

Assume Bergeron being given the "C" is just a matter of time (and also well-deserved).

Looking for some help. Sorry if there is a thread for fantasy nhl but I could not find one. I am looking to start a new NHL fantasy  league and don’t really want to use espn or yahoo so looking for suggestions. What are the best ones out there or are those pretty much the best out there as far as NHL fantasy apps?  I’ve been in both for free leagues but want to start a money league with buddy’s. Thanks for the help!

@NHLAdamK: World Juniors quarterfinal matchups on Saturday:

Russia-Germany, Noon ET
Finland-Sweden, 3:30 ET
Canada-Czech Republic, 7 p.m. ET
USA-Slovakia, 10:30 p.m. ET

@SWhyno: Kirby Dach, who broke his right wrist playing for Canada at world juniors (in exhibition), had surgery and is expected to be able to resume hockey-related activities in 4-5 months, Blackhawks say. Basically knocks him out for regular season.
And Toews has a mystery illness with no timetable to return.  Sounds like he's had it a while also.

Looking for some help. Sorry if there is a thread for fantasy nhl but I could not find one. I am looking to start a new NHL fantasy  league and don’t really want to use espn or yahoo so looking for suggestions. What are the best ones out there or are those pretty much the best out there as far as NHL fantasy apps?  I’ve been in both for free leagues but want to start a money league with buddy’s. Thanks for the help!
https://www.fleaflicker.com/nhl

I doubt this thread is the place but NHL 21 is the hardest sports game I’ve ever played. Jesus Christ I’m old I guess. 

I doubt this thread is the place but NHL 21 is the hardest sports game I’ve ever played. Jesus Christ I’m old I guess. 
I got a PS4 around the start of the pandemic to kill time at night without sports. Hadn't played video games in probably 5 years. Played a decent amount of MLB The Show during the summer and then Madden since the fall and haven't shifted past Rookie mode or whatever it's called in either. Basically a step above what my 4 year old can handle. 

That drop in video game skills comes real quick.

Edit: I'm not even on the most recent version of Madden. Didn't bother waiting for the new one and spent $20 on last year's Mahomes covered one. Another old man move. 

I got a PS4 around the start of the pandemic to kill time at night without sports. Hadn't played video games in probably 5 years. Played a decent amount of MLB The Show during the summer and then Madden since the fall and haven't shifted past Rookie mode or whatever it's called in either. Basically a step above what my 4 year old can handle. 

That drop in video game skills comes real quick.

Edit: I'm not even on the most recent version of Madden. Didn't bother waiting for the new one and spent $20 on last year's Mahomes covered one. Another old man move. 
It’s impossible man. Going to try the rookie mode tomorrow (was on 2/5) but assume that won’t help much. 

Same boat. I haven't bought a new system since PS3 but I did buy the NHL game a couple of times for that. As someone who spent half my 20s playing the NHL games on Sega, this time I felt like I was just running around with no idea what I was doing (although it was cool to use retro jerseys with the Devils and Stars to pretend I was playing the California Golden Seals vs. the Kansas City Scouts).

I can more than hold my own with MLB The Show and NCAA College FB, but I lost interest in the NHL game pretty quickly. I have to assume more recent versions wouldn't be much better for me in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread