What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No HD for Fox games? (1 Viewer)

mad sweeney

Footballguy
My HD program guide shows the Fox game is not going to be an HD broadcast. Is there a way (Directv pack) to get it?

Do you by chance have Charter? Charter doesn't have an Hi Def Fox channel (at least in WI) :hot: Can get it with an antenna though.

My HD program guide shows the Fox game is not going to be an HD broadcast. Is there a way (Directv pack) to get it?
Just found this thread.If you have DirecTV, you have to have the special dish and a special HD receiver to get HD. Yep, it's a pain, but that's how it works. It is a different feed so you need an oval dish, not the round one.

I don't have it b/c I have cable (and DirecTV, yes I know.....) so I can enjoy either one. I may splurge and get HD DirecTV (adding DVR so I can get even more toys and acronyms) for next year...

Just found this thread.If you have DirecTV, you have to have the special dish and a special HD receiver to get HD. Yep, it's a pain, but that's how it works. It is a different feed so you need an oval dish, not the round one.

I don't have it b/c I have cable (and DirecTV, yes I know.....) so I can enjoy either one. I may splurge and get HD DirecTV (adding DVR so I can get even more toys and acronyms) for next year...
Thanks for the help, but I already have HD all set up, of course. ESPN and CBS were all broadcasting in HD but Fox wasn't. It came in on the HD Fox channel but it wasn't the same quality as the other channels true HD broadcasts.

Why does Fox broadcast in 720 and CBS broadcast in 1080? The CBS broadcast always looks WAY better than the Fox broadcast.

Why does Fox broadcast in 720 and CBS broadcast in 1080? The CBS broadcast always looks WAY better than the Fox broadcast.
Before I got HD, I always hated watching football on Fox. They're cheap and their signal is weak. I have 2 tvs side by side and a game on fox next to a game on cbs is night and day. It doesn't surprse me that they don't broadcast in true HD.

Before I got HD, I always hated watching football on Fox. They're cheap and their signal is weak. I have 2 tvs side by side and a game on fox next to a game on cbs is night and day. It doesn't surprse me that they don't broadcast in true HD.
:goodposting: My Directv FOX HD picture is always pitiful in comparison to the other HD channels. Actually, my FOX standard-def picture is also the weakest of the bunch. Who has the Super Bowl this year?

:goodposting: My Directv FOX HD picture is always pitiful in comparison to the other HD channels. Actually, my FOX standard-def picture is also the weakest of the bunch. Who has the Super Bowl this year?
ABC

Users who are viewing this thread