What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"No Mercy" Great White Shark draft underway! (1 Viewer)

9.6 Bryon LeftwichWell at looking at all the QB left after him not a lot to choose from I know I Have Manning but I do need a good bye week QB, plus this guy is a stud and has better WR to go to. Big difference between him and the rest of the guys left, plus he is the starter there for sure... No on with the DraftAnd sorry for the delay last night

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

2.05 WR Torry Holt

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

I am hoping he'll improve on last year's numbers.

That's four WRs in a row for me (five total), but since we have to start three each week, I can almost never have too many.

Tier 1Go Blue: 3 solid RBs, Great upside at WRDetroit Breakdown: My favorite squad, Great value at all picksMargarita Rocks: Only pick I don't like is McNabbPowersville Monkey Spankers: William Green slid allowing a great handcuffInsurrection: Solid squad top to bottom.Tier 2Florida Beer Guzzlers: Solid, but unspectcular. Not a Dillon fan.Jersey Jugheads: Will get stung at WRVatican City Lutherans: Squad will come and go with Faulk...too riskyStuds and Duds: Too RB heavy IMO. If he finds good TE and WR value could move upTier 3Drunk not Stupid: Hearst will be starter in Denver IMHO and we know about ShippCommish Commandos: Don't like any of the picks after Rd. 3Relentless Assault: Don't like RB2 situation, downhill after first 3 picks

9.6 Bryon LeftwichWell at looking at all the QB left after him not a lot to choose from I know I Have Manning but I do need a good bye week QB, plus this guy is a stud and has better WR to go to. Big difference between him and the rest of the guys left, plus he is the starter there for sure... No on with the DraftAnd sorry for the delay last night
Unlike the rest of the picks he made, I was likely the reason for LOD being late. He gets a reprieve on this one.Leftwich was the guy I was trying to trade up to get here. Solid pick - all 3 of my QB2 targets fell off the Board this round, leaving me to rethink strategy here. 8.01 Studs and Duds DT Ravens, Bal5.12 Studs and Duds QB Brooks, NO1.12 Studs and Duds RB Davis, Hou3.12 Studs and Duds RB Jones, Dal4.01 Studs and Duds RB Jones, Det7.12 Studs and Duds RB Hearst, Den2.01 Studs and Duds WR Moss, Min6.01 Studs and Duds WR Rogers, Det10.01 Studs and Duds WR Fitzgerald, Ari9.12 Studs and Duds TE McMichael, MiaMcMichael was an obvious pick at TE. I don't think he'll produce like last year (too much talent at WR) but he's more solid than anyone else out there. There are alternatives on the Board yet, but I thought this was the most value at this pick.Fitzgerald? Never draft a rookie wide receiver in a redraft league unless Denny Green drafted him first. (Moss rule revisionism.) We'll see how it works out. I don't really sweat the wr3 much as one always surprises early in the year and in an auction free agency system, I have as good a shot at those kinds of surprises as anyone.This major distraction I have could last a few days, or could last a week. I'll jump in when I am. It's nice to put it in the back of my mind for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
9.10 Deion Branch - money

I was hoping so much that he would be there at 9.10. There was no other player I wanted at this spot. Had Branch been gone I'm really not sure who I would have went with. Troy Brown just isn't what he used to be and the #1 WR spot is now Branch's to lose and I don't see that happening this year. I love his upside, although I'm not expecting him to be the '04 version of Santana Moss or Steve Smith. Getting close to 1000 yards and 5 TD's shouldn't be too far out of his reach, and I'll gladly take that from my #4 WR. He also has some decent match-ups (Sea, NYJ, Pitt) when my other 3 WR's (Coles, Boldin, Bruce) are on bye which helps.

10.03 Anthony Thomas

Probably a bit early but I didn't think he would make it back to me at 11.10 and I wanted to get another RB before the pickings got real slim. There were a few other RB's I had in mind but I was a little less sure of their situations. I'm also not entirly sold on Thomas Jones. Every time he gets the starting job, he finds himself on a different team the next year. Jones should be a good fit and get a few passes his way, but as a runner I'm not impressed. He's got some great talent, but I'm just not so sure that talent translates well to being a NFL RB.

I'm not expecting Thomas to out run Jones, but he could end up with more TD's and that is really why I decided on him. I would be plenty happy with 700 yards and being a goal line/situational back and getting around 6 TD's. Just as long as he gets a TD in week 9 when it will probably be the only time I'll use Thomas since Taylor and Faulk will be on bye.

Vatican City Lutherans

QB - Jeff Garcia, CLE (8.03)

RB - Fred Taylor, JAC (1.10)

RB - Marshall Faulk, STL (2.03)

RB - T.J. Duckett, ATL (5.10)

RB - AnthonyThomas, CHI (10.03)

WR - Laveranues Coles, WAS (3.10)

WR - Anquan Boldin, ARI (4.03)

WR - Isaac Bruce, STL (6.03)

WR - Deion Branch, NE (9.10)

TE - Alge Crumpler, ATL (7.10)

BTW Maurile, that's twice you've taken a WR that I was thinking about just a few picks ahead of me. You can stop now.

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

2.05 WR Torry Holt

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

We're at the point in the draft where I don't care about ADP or trying to draft a guy as late as possible -- I just want to make sure I get the guy I want. I don't know how many more rounds I could have waited on Fargas, but I don't care. He has the most upside of any RB available, and upside is what I'm looking for at this point. IMO, Fargas is the only RB on the Raiders' roster with the physical talent to rush for 1300 yards. That doesn't mean he'll do it, but hey, it's the tenth round. If he flops, I can cut him in week four and pick up a hot defense.

BTW Maurile, that's twice you've taken a WR that I was thinking about just a few picks ahead of me. You can stop now.
Sorry. Just one more and I'll be done. For a while.

10.7 Went with TB Def.. This is usually where i grab a Def and yeah they are not super bowl caliber but they do score, I had them top 3 and wanted to get them... Just becuase they lost lynch and sapp no biggy, even a bad season last year they scored top 4... 1.6 S Alexander2.11 P. Manning3.1 H Ward3.6 B Westbrook5.6 A Toomer6.7 J. Mcernis7.6 C Buckhalter8.7 W. McGahee9.6 B. Leftwich10.7 TB DefNow On with the Draft

Wheatley/Fargas pairing would have made a lot of sense, but this is NO MERCY Maurile. You been punked.

We're at the point in the draft where I don't care about ADP or trying to draft a guy as late as possible -- I just want to make sure I get the guy I want.
I totally agree. In the middle rounds and the beginning parts of the later rounds it's all about getting the guys you want. Everyone's opinions about most of the players taken now will vary so I really don't put much effort in trying to find that value pick. Most of these picks are back-ups so it's either be conservative and take the guy that has done OK for a few years, or go for the Boom or Bust. Neither way is wrong, and this is by far the most fun part of the draft IMO.Fargas was one of the players I was debating at 10.03, but I chose to go more of the conservative route than the high risk/reward. I wasn't expecting him to last til my 11.10 pick either.

Florida Beer Guzzlers05.01 QB Marc Bulger StL/806.12 QB Chad Pennington NYJ/301.01 RB LaDainian Tomlinson SD/1002.07 RB Corey Dillon NE/309.01 RB Steven Jackson - R StL/804.07 WR Steve Smith Car/304.12 WR Eric Moulds Buf/307.01 WR Jerry Porter Oak/1008.12 DT New England NE/310.12 Eddie GeorgeIsnt a feature back anymore, but should still gte a fair amount of touches, whether its with Tennessee or someone else.11.1 Drew BennettSticking with the Titans. Without Mcareins Bennett should get his chances, McNair seemed to throw to him more and more as the season went on last year.

Detroit Breakdown: My favorite squad, Great value at all picks
:thumbup: At last - someone with the brilliance to fully realize what I'm doing to these poor, overmatched schleps. BTW, your check is in the mail. ;)

:thumbup: At last - someone with the brilliance to fully realize what I'm doing to these poor, overmatched schleps. BTW, your check is in the mail. ;)
Didn't even realize it was you Haze...I'm not surprised. Any league with Bueno in it has to be filled with Guppies :D

Tier 2Jersey Jugheads: Will get stung at WR
Not quite the scathing asessment you gave me early and I somewhat agree but:McNair, Steve TEN QBPlummer, Jake DEN QBMcAllister, Deuce NOS RBDavis, Stephen CAR RBDunn, Warrick ATL RBFoster, De'shaun CAR RBMason, Derrick TEN WRJackson, Darrell SEA WRGardner, Rod WAS WRGivens, David NEP WRWilliams, Boo NOS TEWith 10.09 and 11.04 I picked 2 more solid WRs that could lead their respective teams.Gardner had 5 TDs last year in a chaotic offense. With a staedy performer like Brunnell and a decent runing game, he could get a couple more. And Coles is complaining about lingering foot problems. Hmm, another Shockey.Givens is part of that 3rd year breakout class and he had 6 TDs last year. Troy Brown is getting long in the tooth. So David may be Mo Money, Kleck. :excited:

Tier 2Jersey Jugheads: Will get stung at WR
Not quite the scathing asessment you gave me early and I somewhat agree but:McNair, Steve TEN QBPlummer, Jake DEN QBMcAllister, Deuce NOS RBDavis, Stephen CAR RBDunn, Warrick ATL RBFoster, De'shaun CAR RBMason, Derrick TEN WRJackson, Darrell SEA WRGardner, Rod WAS WRGivens, David NEP WRWilliams, Boo NOS TEWith 10.09 and 11.04 I picked 2 more solid WRs that could lead their respective teams.Gardner had 5 TDs last year in a chaotic offense. With a staedy performer like Brunnell and a decent runing game, he could get a couple more. And Coles is complaining about lingering foot problems. Hmm, another Shockey.Givens is part of that 3rd year breakout class and he had 6 TDs last year. Troy Brown is getting long in the tooth. So David may be Mo Money, Kleck. :excited:
Well I thought you bounced back nicely with the Foster handcuff, Dunn, Gardner, Boo and D-Jax...all solid picks IMHO. :thumbup: I also like the Plummer/McNair combo...great ppg guys to platoon. I would't be surprised if you finish #1 in QB scoring if you play the matchups right.

Detroit Breakdown:  My favorite squad, Great value at all picks
Didn't even realize it was you Haze...I'm not surprised. Any league with Bueno in it has to be filled with Guppies :D
Spoken like the true doormat that he is. Watch and learn - maybe you'll get smarter and can out of the bait bucket some time.

Spoken like the true doormat that he is. Watch and learn - maybe you'll get smarter and can out of the bait bucket some time.
To be a doormat, you need to be stepped on...that hasn't happened yet. I'd say I'm more like the starting gate.Marvel at my steady ascension in this league. :yes:

Just for the record: No mercy Piranha draft thread is in the Mock Drafts forum, for those interetsed in what the fourth best league is doing.You should go investigate your betters there too, LHUCKS! :P

Just for the record: No mercy Piranha draft thread is in the Mock Drafts forum, for those interetsed in what the fourth best league is doing.You should go investigate your betters there too, LHUCKS! :P
Yes, I look forward to showing them their drafting errors as well...such as DD at 1.12 :yucky:

9.9 Jeff WilkinsBlah Blah Blah don't take a kicker early. I had him and vandy rated 1a and 1b and I wanted one of them because I always draft kicker early. I now have the freedom to go anyway I want with my picks. By the way, This is an explosive offense.10.4 Carolina defI had them and tampa rated the same. Carolina has a good running attack and an excellent front 4. I would have been happy with either one. I felt Carolina's return game was a lil better.11.9 Marcus RobinsonI don't care if he shares a bye with Krob. I waited 2 rounds for the right time to pull on this guy. He could be an absolute steal playing alongside Moss. I really wouldn't want to face these 2 wr's on the goalline. HE HAS NO CHANCE OF FACING A DOUBLETEAM lol. I am still not enamored with this team yet, but I am working on it. I just wish I had anything steady for a wr becuase these guys are inconsistent as heck.

10.08 Go Blue - RB Wheatley, Oak
Dang. I really wanted to pair him with Fargas.
Why? I'm not sure I get this. Hambrick and Amos Z are also on this 4 headed monster. This is a situation I would never try to predict before a single pre-season game has been played. Even then, I'm not sure I would take a single RB from Oakland.Seriously, why is Wheatley/Fargas a good tandem when Hambrick and Amos are nearly as good/better?

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

2.05 WR Torry Holt

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

11.08 QB David Carr

I had Andre Davis (the Browns' #1 WR IMO) pre-selected here, but he went a couple spots ahead of me. I like Carr as my QB2 behind McNabb. I doubt I'll ever have to start him, but he's got the potential for a breakout season. If that happens, maybe he'll be trade bait.

10.08 Go Blue  - RB Wheatley, Oak
Dang. I really wanted to pair him with Fargas.
Why? I'm not sure I get this. Hambrick and Amos Z are also on this 4 headed monster. This is a situation I would never try to predict before a single pre-season game has been played. Even then, I'm not sure I would take a single RB from Oakland.Seriously, why is Wheatley/Fargas a good tandem when Hambrick and Amos are nearly as good/better?
Fargas has the athletic potential to be a very good running back.Wheatley is okay. He gets the job done. If Fargas disappoints, Wheatley will be able to carry the load.

Zereoue is okay as a third-down back, but that's about it. He's just not very good.

Hambrick is not an NFL-quality RB. He was signed because it didn't cost the Raiders anything to take a look at him, but I think there's a good chance he'll be cut before the season starts. He's not good.

Sorry for the delay guys. I'm taking a Buisness and Corporate Law class this summer and it's Wednesday nights and lasts 5 hours. Only 4 more to go THANK F'N GOD! To make it even worse we got hit hard with T-storms and tornados tonight too. I couldn't stay online for more than a few minutes without the power going out.I see some good picks were made while I was out. Northcutt, ADavis, and Carr were all guys I was targeting.

11.10 - Carson Palmer

I wanted Leftwich, McCown, Carr, or Palmer as my #2 QB and Leftwich and McCown went in the 9th so by getting Palmer more than 2 rounds later was nice. I'm not expecting him to have a season like Kitna had last year, but if he does just 80-85% of that with a slight increase in INT's he should be close to 3000 yards 20 TD's and 18 INT's. He definitely has the talent around him with arguably the best young receiver core in the league. His size and arm strength will fit in great with that group and I am expecting Rudi and Perry to do well enough running the ball to help take pressure off of him. I am taking a chance with my QB's with Garcia (new team, new system) and Palmer (1st year starting), but I feel both are being slightly under rated and there are still some other QB's out there that I could add for depth. With some teams still needing a #2 QB I don't expect many to last much longer, but that may just help some of my sleeper RB's, WR's, or TE's fall to me in the 13th round.

12.03 - Reggie Williams

I was debating this pick for hours this morning between a few different WR's so I could put in my pre-draft selection. It took longer than I tought and they were all still available at 12.03 which made the pick a little tougher too. I really like the situation Reggie is in and he should be the starter opposite Jimmy Smith week 1. With a promising young QB in Leftwich, a good #1 WR on the other side, and a solid running game, Reggie could see a lot of single coverage. With his great combo of size and strength he should be able to beat many one-on-ones and his good hands, long arms, and leaping ability, should allow him to bring in many catches. I sure wouldn't want to be a DB trying to tackle Reggie all by myself. His ability to break takles and his strong leg drive could also allow him to get some nice YAC. With Jimmy getting up there in age, and only Troy Edwards to beat out, I think Reggie will have a solid rookie year and very possibly the best of this rookie WR class. Either way, as long as he gets to camp at a reasonable time, 50/650/5 and should not be to far out of his reach and I believe he has the talent and up-side to even post similar numbers to what Andre Johnson did last year (66/976/4, 121 fantasy points). As a #5 WR and in the 12th round, he's worth the chance.

Vatican City Lutherans

QB - Carson Palmer, CIN (11.10)

WR - Reggie Williams, JAC (12.03)

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

2.05 WR Torry Holt

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

11.08 QB David Carr

12.05 QB Rich Gannon

Sticking with my plan of going for upside. Gannon has the potential to be a top 5 fantasy QB, or he could end up as a 2nd-string NFL QB (for the Raiders or someone else) and be worthless. I don't mind taking that chance in the 12th round, especially since I've got McNabb at QB, so I won't have to depend on Gannon. As with Fargas, if Gannon ends up sucking, I'll just cut him and pick up a hot defense.

Am I supposed to have a TE, PK, or DT by now?

1.6 S Alexander2.11 P. Manning3.1 H Ward3.6 B Westbrook5.6 A Toomer6.7 J. Mcernis7.6 C Buckhalter8.7 W. McGahee9.6 B. Leftwich10.7 TB Def11.6 A Davis12.7 T. CalicoWell Went WR the last 2 picksA Davis.. I like him more than Northcutt for sure and this guys will turn out to be the Guy in the RedZone for Garcia.. Great hands and ok I will fall for this year 3 thing for WR I hope it pays off it would be a steal in the 11th with him.. will be a great #4 WR for my teamCalico...I was debating with him and Davis at my last pick and got both very happy about that, With J, MCernis gone and Bennett hurt a lot this guy could be a great # 2 in Tenn... McNair likes him down close cant go wrong with him as you #5... Could of grabbed a rookie here, but you dont know what you are going to get with Calico I have seen him play and he is very good at the Pro Level...Now on with the draft

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

2.05 WR Torry Holt

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

11.08 QB David Carr

12.05 QB Rich Gannon

Sticking with my plan of going for upside. Gannon has the potential to be a top 5 fantasy QB, or he could end up as a 2nd-string NFL QB (for the Raiders or someone else) and be worthless. I don't mind taking that chance in the 12th round, especially since I've got McNabb at QB, so I won't have to depend on Gannon. As with Fargas, if Gannon ends up sucking, I'll just cut him and pick up a hot defense.

So you lay off taking my sleeper wrs and grab my darkhorse QB? We play in too many leagues together, methinks.

5.12 Brooks, Aaron NOS QB 11.12 Johnson, Brad TBB QB 1.12 Davis, Domanick HOU RB 7.12 Hearst, Garrison DEN RB 3.12 Jones, Julius DAL RB 4.01 Jones, Kevin DET RB 2.01 Moss, Randy MIN WR 6.01 Rogers, Charles DET WR 10.01 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR12.01 Johnson, Kevin BAL WR 9.12 McMichael, Randy MIA TE 8.01 Ravens, Baltimore BAL DT Brad Johnson at 11.12 was too good to pass up, even if he didn't solve my bye week issue. Gannon will stay and start in Oakland (I hope!), and Brad will have a chance to regroup after a less than stellar season last year.Kevin Johnson may be way undervalued. I never could figure out why Cleveland didn't like their #1 WR - maybe because they needed someone to blame at the time for their lousy passing game (Hint: Couch maybe?). Anyway, 800 yards and 6 TDs would be nice for a 12th round selection. I was going to go Brad and Gannon but Maurile sent me some bad MOJO.I like this team. No weaknesses (unless 22 kickers get picked before I pick again), and solid players across the board. No real studs other than Moss, but some players with upside. On any given Sunday, this team can beat anybody's.Still have lots of players on the board that I'm interested in. Maurile is the only one giving me drafting fits, but I'm sure that Chargers homerism will do him in eventually. If anyone is confused and wants to give me their pick, make offer! CC - seeing as you're going out of town, why don't you give me your next pick and I'll give you my 17th and 18th round picks?

5.12 Brooks, Aaron NOS QB 11.12 Johnson, Brad TBB QB 1.12 Davis, Domanick HOU RB 7.12 Hearst, Garrison DEN RB 3.12 Jones, Julius DAL RB 4.01 Jones, Kevin DET RB 2.01 Moss, Randy MIN WR 6.01 Rogers, Charles DET WR 10.01 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR12.01 Johnson, Kevin BAL WR 9.12 McMichael, Randy MIA TE 8.01 Ravens, Baltimore BAL DT Brad Johnson at 11.12 was too good to pass up, even if he didn't solve my bye week issue. Gannon will stay and start in Oakland (I hope!), and Brad will have a chance to regroup after a less than stellar season last year.Kevin Johnson may be way undervalued. I never could figure out why Cleveland didn't like their #1 WR - maybe because they needed someone to blame at the time for their lousy passing game (Hint: Couch maybe?). Anyway, 800 yards and 6 TDs would be nice for a 12th round selection. I was going to go Brad and Gannon but Maurile sent me some bad MOJO.I like this team. No weaknesses (unless 22 kickers get picked before I pick again), and solid players across the board. No real studs other than Moss, but some players with upside. On any given Sunday, this team can beat anybody's.Still have lots of players on the board that I'm interested in. Maurile is the only one giving me drafting fits, but I'm sure that Chargers homerism will do him in eventually. If anyone is confused and wants to give me their pick, make offer! CC - seeing as you're going out of town, why don't you give me your next pick and I'll give you my 17th and 18th round picks?
Your weakness is at WR. Which is a good place to have a weakness in this format.

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

2.05 WR Torry Holt

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

11.08 QB David Carr

12.05 QB Rich Gannon

So you lay off taking my sleeper wrs and grab my darkhorse QB? We play in too many leagues together, methinks.
Your darkhorse??? He was supposed to be mine with my 13th round pick and Collins my 14th.

Monkey spankersTrent greenRicky williamsRudi JohnsonWilliam GreenLamont JordanSantana MossKoren RobinsonDonte StallworthMarcus RobinsonTony GonzalezJeff WilkinsCarolina Defense12.4- Lamont JordanI could have taken a guy that would get minimal consistent touches, but that apparently isn't my style this year. If cumart goes down, this guy will be good. He will not be mired in a rbbc if cumart gets hurt. I like the upside of this pick in the 12th.I am starting to warm up to this team now. I do find it amusing when people make comments about how unimportant kickers and defense are in ff. I like the idea of plugging my kicker in and never having to worry about him taking a game off. The rams arent gonna get shutout so I really dont have to worry about him. I will be a force to be reckoned with in this league and if stallworth, mrob, krob, and rudi have the years I think they will, then I will win this league. One thing I will say is that my division is gonna be awful strong again this year.

Your weakness is at WR. Which is a good place to have a weakness in this format.
If you said my weakness was at WR#3, there would be a basis for discussion.

Maurile is the only one giving me drafting fits, but I'm sure that Chargers homerism will do him in eventually.
I can pretty much guarantee you that I will end up with the Chargers defense before all is said and done. Even if I publicly announce that's who I want, I'll still be able to get them. That's what's so cool about having an unpopular sleeper pick.

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

11.08 QB David Carr

12.05 QB Rich Gannon

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

2.05 WR Torry Holt

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

I am proud of my team, but I am equally proud of my average draft time of two minutes per pick. (It would have been less, but I entered a pick a couple mornings ago, then took a shower, then checked back on the draft to find out that my pick hadn't gone through. That's 15 wasted minutes right there.)

I must say that I like my QBs, RBs, and WRs so far. I am probably done at the QB position. I will add at least one more player at each of the following positions: RB, WR, TE, PK, DT. I've got some good sleepers identified at each of those positions, including the San Diego Chargers defense. I may try to work a trade for Wheatley. Hey goblue, once the draft is over, can I interest you in a really hot sleeper DT?

My biggest concern is at WR. I think Holt, Booker, and Wayne should be fairly solid, but Boston and Lloyd are hard to predict. I can't rely on them. It's dangerous having only three WRs I can rely on in a start-3-WR league. An injury could do me in. Remind me to take at least two more WRs before this draft is over.

I only have one stud at RB, which makes me somewhat uncomfortable, but I think I got value with every RB selection. Overall, it's not a bad group of guys. I just need one of Jones/Garner/Fargas to start and do well, and I like my odds there. All three have the physical talent to do well if they start; and as of right now, Jones and Garner have been named the starters, while I think Fargas controls his own destiny. If he doesn't start, it's going to be on account of his own failure, and not because Troy Hambrick was just too much of a stud to keep off the field, you know? But it wouldn't hurt to grab one more RB with starting potential. (Too bad there aren't any left.)

Since TEs tend to average about 2 fantasy points per game, I'd be okay with just leaving that position blank. But in the interests of not looking like a total dweeb, I'll probably end up drafting one sooner or later.

I am probably going to draft a skinny white kid to be my PK. I'm not 100% sold on that idea yet, but that's how I'm currently leaning. (Capybara, any thoughts on this strategy?)

Oh, and I was actually just kidding about wanting to draft the Chargers' defense. As far as you know.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you believe you're strong at WR or even average? I don't think you are.

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

11.08 QB David Carr

12.05 QB Rich Gannon

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

13.08 RB Musa Smith

2.05 WR Torry Holt

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

An insurance pick, plain and simple. I probably could have waited, but why risk it? If for whatever reason Jamal can't play, Smith ought to be able to fill in and rush for 2,000 yards without missing a beat. Or maybe 1,000. Possibly.

I was actually agonizing over ranking Musa Smith or Freddie Jones higher in my pre-draft order. After changing back and forth twice, I ended up going with Smith. It's nice to see that Jones was selected a few spots earlier anyway, so it wouldn't have made a difference. Besides, I already have a Jones on my team, and I didn't want to make my guys have their first initials put on the backs of their jerseys.

I will be drafting a TE, PK, or DT anytime now . . .

McNair, Steve TEN QBPlummer, Jake DEN QBMcAllister, Deuce NOS RBDavis, Stephen CAR RBDunn, Warrick ATL RBFoster, De'shaun CAR RBMason, Derrick TEN WRJackson, Darrell SEA WRGardner, Rod WAS WRGivens, David NEP WRMuhammad, Muhsin CAR WRWilliams, Boo NOS TEDolphins, Miami MIA DTDecided to grab a top DT with 12.09 to round out this wicked hodcoa squad. And at 13.04 took Muhammad since he was the last starter left.Now it is time to take some chances.

My team so farQBSFavreBrunellComments: I knew I wouldnt take a QB early and Favre was the guy I targeted as the guy I liked I felt would fall the most. Brunell was my no2 choice as backup, just missed on Plummer. RBsPortisBarberMartinWheatleyComments: I really like my top 3 although I did hope I would get Dillon for a no2. Wheatley has some upside and could be servicable if injuries occur to one of my top 3.WRsA JohnsonChambersBurressLelieRoy WilliamsComments: I dont have a top 5 WR but I like the upside on all these with Chambers being the most conservative pick in the bunch. Probably will add one more somewhere.TEF JonesComments: Was going to take him at 12.8 but decided he was likely to still be there at 13.5 since one only team between didnt have a TE. If I didnt grab Gonzo early this was one of two TEs I liked that I felt could be taken at round 12+.DTPhilliComments: I like thier schedule and think they finish in the top 5 DTs. Have 3 teams in mind to pair with them if I dont wait too long and miss them all. KComments: Guess I need to take one of these evenually.

Your weakness is at WR.  Which is a good place to have a weakness in this format.
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you believe you're strong at WR or even average? I don't think you are.
I like Moss, but i am not sold on fitz this year being a big contributer this year. I don't like that i'm hearing good things about Bryant and starting 3 wr's, it means that Fitz isn't the clear No.2 over there. I'm skeptical about Charlie Rogers even outperforming Roy Williams this year. However, there's plenty of upside with these 2 young players.

13.10 - Troy Hambick :ph34r:

I don't have anything positive to say about this pick. As my #5 RB I'm planning on using MT's strategy and dropping him for some hot defense week 4 if he doesn't win the starting job or get significant playing time.

14.03 - Joey Harrington

I wanted Bledsoe as my #3 QB and should have taken him in at 12.03. F'n cj*. Harrington has a lot of added talent to work with and an improved O-line so now he has no excuses if he struggles. The Lions will probably be playing from behind again so he should be getting plenty of opportunities to pass again. He was one of only 13 QB's last year to throw 500+ passes (he ended up 3rd with 545) and I expect him to have 500+ again this year. As a #3 QB I like that. I just wanted a QB that would get plenty of opportunities to pass. I don't plan on having to use him so this pick was based on upside alone.

Vatican City Lutherans

QB - Carson Palmer, CIN (11.10)

QB - Joey Harrington, DET (12.02)

RB - Troy Hambrick, OAK (13.03)

WR - Reggie Williams, JAC (12.03)

Your weakness is at WR.  Which is a good place to have a weakness in this format.
Maybe you don't like Randy Moss and Charles Rogers - it's okay, but I think you'll find yourself in a minority.

5.12 Brooks, Aaron NOS QB

11.12 Johnson, Brad TBB QB

1.12 Davis, Domanick HOU RB

7.12 Hearst, Garrison DEN RB

3.12 Jones, Julius DAL RB

4.01 Jones, Kevin DET RB

2.01 Moss, Randy MIN WR

6.01 Rogers, Charles DET WR

10.01 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

12.01 Johnson, Kevin BAL WR

9.12 McMichael, Randy MIA TE

13.12 Mili, I. SEA TE

14.01 Stover, Matt BAL PK

8.01 Ravens, Baltimore BAL DT

Not much to see here. Just filling in holes.

Following in the style of confessions of Maurile, I find it unlikely that I will take another TE, so knock yourself out guys. Oh yeah - I may or may not take another DT or PK either. But then, maybe I might. You guys just keeping making picks like Hambrick - I like it when you do that.

14.8 R WoodsDebated about adding a second rookie WR but I think he is the most talented WR on the niners roster and neither of penciled in starters(lyold or wilson) is a proven commoddity. At best he is a part time starter for me at worst a bust taken in round 14 as my 6th WR. I can live with that.As for confessions I will take a kicker at some point thats all I can say about my final 4 picks.

Trent greenDrew BledsoeRicky williamsRudi JohnsonWilliam GreenLamont JordanSantana MossKoren RobinsonDonte StallworthMarcus RobinsonLee EvansTony GonzalezJeff WilkinsCarolina Defense13.9- Drew BledsoeWow, I really didn't think he would slide. I was prepared to take Harrington and live with it. I would like to thank Kleck for finally leaving a guy I was targeting alone. I really like the upside of this pick at 13.9. Last year was an anomaly and I see Bledsoe bouncing back nicely. Pretty good #2 this late.14.4- Lee EvansIs he the rookie of the year? I don't know but he was awful good at wisconsin. I think he will seamlessly slide into the #2 spot that reed just cant seem to deal with. Another exciting WR to add to my growing stable.

4.05 QB Donovan McNabb

11.08 QB David Carr

12.05 QB Rich Gannon

1.08 RB Jamal Lewis

3.08 RB Thomas Jones

5.08 RB Charlie Garner

10.05 RB Justin Fargas

13.08 RB Musa Smith

2.05 WR Torry Holt

6.05 WR David Boston

7.08 WR Marty Booker

8.05 WR Reggie Wayne

9.08 WR Brandon Lloyd

14.05 TE Desmond Clark

People can no longer say I don't have a tight end. I now have the Bears' top RB, WR, and TE . . . so if this new offense does anything well at all this year, whether on the ground or through the air, I should have a piece of it.

:tryingforpositivespin:

Is Ditka driving?

Users who are viewing this thread