What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

If you're reading this as "I'm voting for Trump anyway" you're reading it wrong. Not that it matters. I think this is a political party show trial and some people are so personally invested in Orange Man Bad it upsets them when I poke fun at "bipartisan". 
When people are so invested in defending the orange man it is fun to poke fun of how absurd it is. 

I've done no such thing, but knock yourself out.
I’m glad you feel that way. This thread is chock full of it. 

We’ll see what happens when this guy runs again. Hopefully Don’s opponents use all the info so graciously teed up here by the committee. Instead of rolling over like puppies.

As you mentioned up-thread, you haven't watched the hearings.  Yet you're compelled to explain to us what kind of hearing it is.  
The problem you're having is that the Democrats have a history of these dog and pony shows over the last 6 years. I don't need to watch it to know what's going on. Same show, different day.

I was responding to a Nixon comparison, not invoking it.
I don't know how that changes the context of what you wrote in any shape or fashion or my response to either of you two.  You responded to Nixon with Nixon.  What I'm saying is, if Nixon is the bar, we passed that level of acceptance weeks ago yet a lot of you still maintain this "partisan show trial" narrative as if there's something meaningfully wrong with the investigation and as if that bar hasn't been met.  It has....now that level of acceptance isn't enough apparently.

I don't know how that changes the context of what you wrote in any shape or fashion or my response to either of you two.  You responded to Nixon with Nixon.  What I'm saying is, if Nixon is the bar, we passed that level of acceptance weeks ago yet a lot of you still maintain this "partisan show trial" narrative as if there's something meaningfully wrong with the investigation and as if that bar hasn't been met.  It has....now that level of acceptance isn't enough apparently.
I'm not saying Nixon is the bar. I do maintain that this is a political show trial. You maintain the bar has been exceed weeks ago. It's possible we're both right - but very unlikely.

BladeRunner said:
The problem you're having is that the Democrats have a history of these dog and pony shows over the last 6 years. I don't need to watch it to know what's going on. Same show, different day.

Other than the timeframe, I think you are confusing this with the Benghazi investigations.  Maybe that's where you learned about dog and pony.

BladeRunner said:
Thanks for pointing out that you feel I have a problem.  

BladeRunner said:
When Republicans start testifying under oath that other Republicans lost the 2020 election and then broke the law to try to change that, Republicans should pay attention. Everyone should.

Mick Mulvaney, former President Donald Trump’s Acting Chief of Staff 

When Republicans start testifying under oath that other Republicans lost the 2020 election and then broke the law to try to change that, Republicans should pay attention. Everyone should.

Mick Mulvaney, former President Donald Trump’s Acting Chief of Staff 
Meh, bunch of RINO's, probably.

NorvilleBarnes said:
I'm not saying Nixon is the bar. I do maintain that this is a political show trial. You maintain the bar has been exceed weeks ago. It's possible we're both right - but very unlikely.
Not a trial.  What of the evidence do you not find true?  

NorvilleBarnes said:
The bar with Nixon:  https://www.nixonlibrary.gov/sites/default/files/forresearchers/find/tapes/watergate/trial/exhibit_01.pdf (aka, "smoking gun" conversation)

Clearly the conversation above is pretty similar in nature to Trump's "Just say it was rigged and let me and the GOP Congressmen take care of the rest" conversation independently verified by several already. :shrug:  

NorvilleBarnes said:
Completely agree. Thank you.
I feel so unfortunate when many of us farmers went and protested ( apparently you call that parading) but we protested as corn growers an issue in our state but we never got to  break any windows, never broke into an office, never got to spread poop on the walls, didn't get to spray police officers with bear spray, never got to beat police officers with flag poles, no brass knuckles, no knives. Feel so bad we never had the full peaceful experience the "protesters" had January 6. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The bar with Nixon:  https://www.nixonlibrary.gov/sites/default/files/forresearchers/find/tapes/watergate/trial/exhibit_01.pdf

✎ EditSign
 (aka, "smoking gun" conversation)

Clearly the conversation above is pretty similar in nature to Trump's "Just say it was rigged and let me and the GOP Congressmen take care of the rest" conversation independently verified by several already. :shrug:  
If it were illegal to call an election rigged a lot of Democrats would be in jail. Trump TODAY is calling the election rigged.

If it were illegal to call an election rigged a lot of Democrats would be in jail. Trump TODAY is calling the election rigged.
How many calls did Hillary make to secretaries of states to try to get them to change their results?

How many lawsuits were filled by democrats in 2016/17 to try and overturn the results?

NorvilleBarnes said:
The left always gets it backwards TM

They had the goods on Nixon. They didn't need a partisan show trial. Nixon resigned. 

Trump is still holding rallies saying the election was rigged (a quite common complaint from defeated candidates on both sides - see Bernie Sanders, Stacey Abrams, Hillary Clinton, etc). Trump doesn't need contradicting facts if the show trials doesn't have the goods. If you're playing clips of Josh Hawley running for the sake of LOLZ you know you're in trouble. 

After all this, they're putting people in jail for . . . "parading"?

After all this, they're slamming Trump for his . . . "silence"?

Enough with Orange Man Bad. Insurrection, sedition, treason, or GTFO.

Also lmao @ "Trump is counting on you"
Where did this come from?

Sure....problem, of course, is the entirety of the conversation, not just the one comment....again, very similar to what went down with Nixon that got him to resign.  Today?  People make excuses for it and don't think it's any big deal.  :shrug:  

We'll ignore, for a moment, that he was talking to DOJ in that conversation to keep it simple and to the point.

Where did this come from?
I've seen it in so many places I'm surprised it's a point of contention.

Politico : LINK

"The bulk of the sentences to date have been for relatively low-level offenses. The most common charge pleaded to, by far, is illegally parading or demonstrating in the Capitol, a misdemeanor" 

"The bulk of the sentences to date have been for relatively low-level offenses. The most common charge pleaded to, by far, is illegally parading or demonstrating in the Capitol, a misdemeanor" 
Ok so you only are repeating the word "parading."

You're quoting a story from January.   The trials and sentencing generally have progressed from the least serious offenses to the more serious.    Of course the early sentences were mainly trespassing, illegal parading, etc.

That's from January 2022. They started with the low-level cases. You should check out the more recent ones. One today got over 5 years.

Just 880 and climbing --

I believe over a dozen charged with seditious conspiracy -- 

Sorry if honda. 

Thankfully it appears Donald has learned his lesson even if he's not indicted.

Young Republicans cheer election fraud claims
Don Jr:

"

The former president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., opened for his father in his first public speech since the death of his mother, Ivana Trump, just days ago.

‘If I’m like low energy Jeb, I hope you guys will forgive me and let it slide this once,’ Don Jr. told supporters, referencing 2016 Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush.

But he was still at Saturday night’s event, he said, ‘because I know it matters and I know my mom would want me to be here.’"

Welp, that's the sleaziest thing I'll read this month.

You're quoting a story from January.   The trials and sentencing generally have progressed from the least serious offenses to the more serious.    Of course the early sentences were mainly trespassing, illegal parading, etc.
:lol:  Jesus Christ.

He asked, I googled for him, and posted one of many links I found very easily. This is a perfect example why I don't (usually) provide links - it's almost never in good faith.

Don Jr:

"

The former president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., opened for his father in his first public speech since the death of his mother, Ivana Trump, just days ago.

‘If I’m like low energy Jeb, I hope you guys will forgive me and let it slide this once,’ Don Jr. told supporters, referencing 2016 Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush.

But he was still at Saturday night’s event, he said, ‘because I know it matters and I know my mom would want me to be here.’"

Classy family.

Don Jr:

"

More DTJr riffing

Users who are viewing this thread