What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

Liz Chaney on Fox News with Bret Baier. This comes up during the segment. Former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller told the House select committee Trump never asked for any National Guard.

I can't tell why you guys are bickering about "parading"...

The actual charge is Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (I think this is the Law. From Cornell Law School)

If you do a keyword search here for Parading, it looks like about 400 people or so have this charge.

-

The maximum penalties for Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building, in violation of Title 40, United States Code, Section 5104(e)(2)(G), are:

a. a term of imprisonment not more than 6 months;

b. a term of probation of not more than 5 years;

c. a fine not to exceed $5,000;

and d. a special assessment of $10

-

Here is a lady who had five counts against her. Looks like, on page 6 here, she pled down to just the Parading charge.

BUHLER, Janet West (<-Plea Agreement): Sentenced on 6/1/22 to 30 days in jail, 36 months of probation, $500 in restitution.
Plus, you know.....we saw it on TV. 

I believe peaceful protesters have been charged with parading before. And if some of these wannabe insurrectionists pled down, good for them. 

But it was on TV. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus, you know.....we saw it on TV. 

I believe peaceful protesters have been charged with parading before. And if some of these wannabe insurrectionists pled down, good for them. 

But it was on TV. 
Thanks just was wondering if anyone was "charged"only with parading served any time...not pled down to, but only was initially charged with. 

Thanks just was wondering if anyone was "charged"only with parading served any time...not pled down to, but only was initially charged with. 
Near as I can tell, for the normies the minimum so far has been these four charges:

Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building;

Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building;

Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; 

Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building

-

Some sentences:

BISSEY, Dona Sue 

Sentenced 10/12 to 14 days incarceration, 60 hours community service, and $500 restitution.

BENNETT, Andrew Ryan

Sentenced 10/1/21 to two years of probation, the first three months of which are to be served in home confinement; $10 special assessment; $500 restitution to the Architect of the Capitol; 80 hours of community service.

BARNARD, Richard Franklin

Sentenced 2/4/22 to 12 months probation, 30 days of home confinement, 60 hours of community service, $500 restitution.

BARBER, Eric Gene

Sentenced 6/14/22 to 45 days in jail, 24 months of probation, $500 restitution to the Architect of the Capitol and $52.95 to C-SPAN.

Criminal probe from DOJ reported on. Thread here on Twitter. Not sure where it belongs in here @dozer
That Article has it all!

Fake Electors! J6 defendants! The Select Committee! Pugs, geezers, doo-*** groups, and a wise old turtle that looks like Quincy Jones!

“There are two principal tracks of the investigation that could ultimately lead to additional scrutiny of Trump, two people familiar with the situation said, also speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

The first centers on seditious conspiracy and conspiracy to obstruct a government proceeding, the type of charges already filed against individuals who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 and on two leaders of far-right groups, Stewart Rhodes and Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, who did not breach the Capitol but were allegedly involved in planning the day’s events.

The second involves potential fraud associated with the false-electors scheme or with pressure Trump and his allies allegedly put on the Justice Department and others to falsely claim that the election was rigged and votes were fraudulently cast.

The second involves potential fraud associated with the false-electors scheme or with pressure Trump and his allies allegedly put on the Justice Department and others to falsely claim that the election was rigged and votes were fraudulently cast.
For people who may not be fully up to date on the fraudulent electors scheme, there's good info here.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

So…. The penalty would be somewhere between a fine and twenty years?

Of course it drive some here nuts but I think the DOJ investigation of the fake elector scheme as well as investigating Trump actions. (Apparently they also have Mark Meadows phone.) but I would like to a separate thread since the DOJ and the 1/6 select committee are on different paths and the DOJ subpoenas have more teeth. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-doj-criminal-investigation-election-b2131957.html
I’ll change the other thread title… 

Now the SS has dumped hundreds of thousands of documents on the committee.  They've been requested for "almost a year" and the SS finally got around to doing this Tuesday.  I remember when Trump was voted in there were rumors about his admin purging the SS.  I'm sure they were just trying to help the J6 committee though.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/secret-service-dumped-hundreds-of-thousands-of-documents-on-jan-6-committee/ar-AA100TzP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=cdfbbd85007046928bf1504e9142e95c

Trump apparently lied about ordering 10,000 NG troops to the Capital.
Republican Source: The Bulwark.com Article

Trump’s Jan. 6th National Guard Lie Crumbles

Christopher Miller, Trump’s acting defense secretary, gave a different story under oath than he did to Sean Hannity.

One of the biggest lies that former President Trump and his allies have perpetuated about January 6th is that Trump ordered the National Guard to secure the Capitol.

There is no evidence that he gave such an order.

The House January 6th Committee revealed testimony from Christopher Miller, Trump’s acting secretary of defense, rejecting the notion that Trump ordered thousands of Guard troops to be standing by

Questioner: “To be crystal clear, there was no direct order from President Trump to put 10,000 troops ‘to be on the ready’ for January 6th, correct?”

Miller: “That’s correct. There was no direct—there was no order from the president.”

-

Also: A timeline...

JOINT FORCE HEADQUARTERS

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA NATIONAL GUARD

OFFICE OF THE COMMANDING GENERAL

MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD

SUBJECT: Civil Unrest on 6 January 2021 timeline of events for National Guard Activation

Here is the timeline...

Christopher Miller, Trump’s acting defense secretary, gave a different story under oath than he did to Sean Hannity.
It's certainly easy to see where certain people are getting their misinformation. Shameful what's happening to our "news". Out and out lies to the American people. This is exactly why everyone needs to pay attention to the hearings - to see what is actually being said under oath.

In the segment with Miller and Patel, Hannity asserted that on January 4, 2021, President Trump “approved,” “authorized,” and “signed off on” the use of “up to 20,000 National Guard troops.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, Hannity said, refused to send the necessary request for the troops. The implication is that Trump did all that he could, that the Democrats failed, and that on the day of Jan. 6th Trump was an innocent and impotent bystander, powerless to help.

Hannity asked Miller and Patel to confirm that, two days before Jan. 6th, “you heard” Trump authorize the use of the Guard.

Patel: “Mr. Trump unequivocally authorized up to 20,000 National Guardsmen and -women for us to utilize should the second part of the law—the requests—come in. But those requests never did, as you highlighted.”

Hannity: “Let me be very clear. Both of you said this under oath, under the threat of—the penalty of perjury to the committee?”

Miller: “Absolutely, Sean.” He went on to talk about what a “serious” and memorable meeting it was. “The president was doing exactly what I expect the commander-in-chief to do.”

The General said:
When Republicans win the House and gain control of the various committees in the fall and begin their investigations you can return to supporting this type of stuff.
Is Hillary still calling Jan 6th a spontaneous uprising caused by a video few speeches?   We need to get to the bottom of that!

Of course it will drive some here nuts but I think the DOJ investigation of the fake elector scheme as well as investigating Trump actions, (Apparently they also have Mark Meadows phone.) but I would like to a separate thread since the DOJ and the 1/6 select committee are on different paths and the DOJ subpoenas have more teeth. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-doj-criminal-investigation-election-b2131957.html
I think they’re going for big picture charges and tying all the activities together from the fake electors to the attempted DOJ takeover to the Pence pressure campaign to the Green Bay Sweep. I think they will be able to easily link Trump’s personal efforts and the efforts of his lawyers (Rudy and Eastman) on his behalf to a scheme to defraud the government and obstruct an official procedure.

To me the biggest question that remains is if they will be able to criminally link him to the violence. Can they prove that the violence was the last effort of the conspiracy. The committee did a great job of tying him to the violence but I don’t think it was in a way that would stand up in court. The key is likely the Willard Hotel war rooms that will do that. And Meadows was his connection there. 

It's certainly easy to see where certain people are getting their misinformation. Shameful what's happening to our "news". Out and out lies to the American people. This is exactly why everyone needs to pay attention to the hearings - to see what is actually being said under oath.

In the segment with Miller and Patel, Hannity asserted that on January 4, 2021, President Trump “approved,” “authorized,” and “signed off on” the use of “up to 20,000 National Guard troops.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, Hannity said, refused to send the necessary request for the troops. The implication is that Trump did all that he could, that the Democrats failed, and that on the day of Jan. 6th Trump was an innocent and impotent bystander, powerless to help.

Hannity asked Miller and Patel to confirm that, two days before Jan. 6th, “you heard” Trump authorize the use of the Guard.

Patel: “Mr. Trump unequivocally authorized up to 20,000 National Guardsmen and -women for us to utilize should the second part of the law—the requests—come in. But those requests never did, as you highlighted.”

Hannity: “Let me be very clear. Both of you said this under oath, under the threat of—the penalty of perjury to the committee?”

Miller: “Absolutely, Sean.” He went on to talk about what a “serious” and memorable meeting it was. “The president was doing exactly what I expect the commander-in-chief to do.”
Team MAGA

Republican Source: The Bulwark.com Article

Trump’s Jan. 6th National Guard Lie Crumbles

One of the biggest lies that former President Trump and his allies have perpetuated about January 6th is that Trump ordered the National Guard to secure the Capitol.

There is no evidence that he gave such an order.

The House January 6th Committee revealed testimony from Christopher Miller, Trump’s acting secretary of defense, rejecting the notion that Trump ordered thousands of Guard troops to be standing by

Questioner: “To be crystal clear, there was no direct order from President Trump to put 10,000 troops ‘to be on the ready’ for January 6th, correct?”

Miller: “That’s correct. There was no direct—there was no order from the president.”

-

Also: A timeline...

JOINT FORCE HEADQUARTERS

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA NATIONAL GUARD

OFFICE OF THE COMMANDING GENERAL

MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD

SUBJECT: Civil Unrest on 6 January 2021 timeline of events for National Guard Activation

Here is the timeline...

Sean Hannity is a liar. 

Sean Hannity’s main lie against the January 6 committee shatters amid new testimony

Hannity pushed the false claim about Trump – which has now been contradicted by testimony under oath – on at least 91 episodes of his TV and radio shows

Sean Hannity told the lie that Trump deployed the National Guard 43 times on his prime time show. Now that Trump officials are on record, under oath, to the Jan. 6 Cmte saying this isn’t true, what is Fox gonna do about it?

Now that Trump officials are on record, under oath, to the Jan. 6 Cmte saying this isn’t true, what is Fox gonna do about it?
Keep its viewers updated on the real threats to democracy:  Hunter Biden and Jussie Smollett.

There is zero chance they look in the rearview mirror on this one.

I clicked on Newsmax the other night for funsies and within minutes they had a story about Trump throwing Fox under the bus for something Brett Baier said. They invited potentially disenchanted Fox viewers for a warm, cozy seat on Newsmax where nobody says anything bad about their dear leader. It's a race to the bottom with conservative media.

Sean Hannity is a liar. 

Sean Hannity’s main lie against the January 6 committee shatters amid new testimony

Hannity pushed the false claim about Trump – which has now been contradicted by testimony under oath – on at least 91 episodes of his TV and radio shows

Sean Hannity told the lie that Trump deployed the National Guard 43 times on his prime time show. Now that Trump officials are on record, under oath, to the Jan. 6 Cmte saying this isn’t true, what is Fox gonna do about it?
LIE (Not under oath):

Here is Miller saying on Hannity he testified under oath that Trump authorized 20k troops.

UNDER OATH:
Miller: That’s correct. There was no order from the President.

"parading only" is a misdemeanor.  fines/community service/probation are the standard.
That was the point I was trying to get the deniers to admit to. We don't care about those who were charged and only put on probation. If that was all they did then it was basically a peaceful demonstration. But clearly it wasn't. To put so much emphasis on that is complete BS.

Oh I don't know, maybe inflation, rising crime rates, record illegal immigration, gas prices, groomers in the classroom, mask mandates, Americans left in Afghanistan, baby formula shortages, . . . with the Democrats there's just so much to choose from. But yeah, I mean sure, the show trial for ThE InSurRecTiOn is cool too.  :thumbup:
Without Democracy you don't get to have all the problems you just rattled off. Democracy is a fundamental issue.

You're quoting a story from January.   The trials and sentencing generally have progressed from the least serious offenses to the more serious.    Of course the early sentences were mainly trespassing, illegal parading, etc.
Yeah, pretty sure recent charges have included "Seditious Conspiracy".

Look man, if you don't take issue with the president of the country actively trying to subvert the results of a democratic election, move to Russia where "elections" are the real dog and pony show. 
I hope the Democrats run on a platform rising crime and economic failure or gtfo.

I'm more partial to the survival of democracy than I am to party affiliation. The current administration is ineffectual. Yep, for sure. The one before is actively angling to break the fundamentals of democratic processes. One sucks, the other is anathema to American democracy. I'll take sucks all day with the understanding that different choices will become available and basic democratic principles like the free transfer of power (with adjudication of legitimate legal challenges if requested) will continue to exist. This is an easy concept.

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

Trump was trying his damndest to stay in power so he could keep Biden from destroying the economy and the southern border.  He was using the anything that works approach . He failed and now look at us  , he was right about everything he predicted would happen if Biden took office.🙂

3...2...1...swarm

Trump was trying his damndest to stay in power so he could keep Biden from destroying the economy and the southern border.  He was using the anything that works approach . He failed and now look at us  , he was right about everything he predicted would happen if Biden took office.🙂

3...2...1...swarm
This is the only part of your post that's true.

3...2...1...swarm
Why did the rest of the world have inflation also?

Users who are viewing this thread