What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

Trump was trying his damndest to stay in power so he could keep Biden from destroying the economy and the southern border.  He was using the anything that works approach . He failed and now look at us  , he was right about everything he predicted would happen if Biden took office.🙂

3...2...1...swarm
Yes. Illogical posts like this get swarmed.

Only when those who don't agree enter the thread to deflect and accuse, but not to honestly discuss the topic.
well im giving you guys someone to swarm to keep all ta all busy until your favorite show on tv is on again Thursday 

well how would he know at the time that it would be global? 
How would Trump know that China being "locked down" for a year would lead to the supply side of the pricing model to get out of balance?  And that impact would be global?

Your right, it is a stretch to expect Trump to grasp this.

c`mon man, ive tried engaging and been stomped down. There is no discussing, there is only your sides POV ,end of story  
You've posted 5 times in the past hour without an honest, salient point to make about the J6 Committee Hearings.  What would you like to discuss?

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

Trump was trying his damndest to stay in power so he could keep Biden from destroying the economy and the southern border.  He was using the anything that works approach . He failed and now look at us  , he was right about everything he predicted would happen if Biden took office.🙂

3...2...1...swarm
Is this like when I get pulled over I tell the cop it’s ok because I wanted to get home faster :lol:  

:lmao:

This #### happens all the time down here.  These people crack me up.  I RUN THE COUNTY!!!!!!!!

"Doesn't matter, he's still getting a ticket"...cop was :moneybag:  
Lol at Mr. Big Shot County Commissioner. He runs the part of Flagler County with nothing in it.

It must be really hard living in the fox news bubble all day and then coming here and dealing with reality and facts.
I don't watch Fox but I get the temptation for a lazy deflection.

btw Fox and WSJ are reporting we're in a recession. CBS and CNN are saying we are not.   :coffee:

Jan. 6 committee interviews Mnuchin as probe expands into Trump Cabinet: Sources

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol is working to secure testimony from a growing number of officials in former President Donald Trump's Cabinet, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Trump's former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who reportedly discussed the possibility of invoking the 25th Amendment as a vehicle to remove Trump from office with then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, recently sat with committee investigators for a transcribed interview, the sources said.

ABC News previously reported that Pompeo is expected to speak with the committee in the coming days, though his interview is not officially scheduled.

Among the officials actively negotiating with the committee are the former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and the former acting secretary for the Department of Homeland Security Chad Wolf, sources familiar with the negotiations said.

Wolf would also be able to speak to Trump's desire to order the federal government to seize voting machines.

What are your thoughts on Republicans refusing to certify GOP-controlled elections where a Democrat won? Do you think that's harmful to our democracy?

Also, this.
I don't think legal challenges are harmful to our democracy - I think they're part of our democracy. And yes this applies to both sides. Do you think it's harmful to our democracy when a Democrat does it? 

I started a thread about this when it was happening at the time that was deleted by the mods. Not familiar with all the details of Wisconsin specifically but  I have posted some of my thoughts in the voter fraud thread.

I don't think legal challenges are harmful to our democracy - I think they're part of our democracy. And yes this applies to both sides. Do you think it's harmful to our democracy when a Democrat does it? 

I started a thread about this when it was happening at the time that was deleted by the mods. Not familiar with all the details of Wisconsin specifically but  I have posted some of my thoughts in the voter fraud thread.
Challenges, yes. But don't you think the 2020 election has gone too far? Don't you think some evidence should be required?

There were 3 counties in PA where the GOP refused to certify Dem wins - without legal reason to do so. Republicans are now refusing to certify elections only the basis that a Dem won. No evidence of any wrongdoing has been provided.

Jan. 6 committee interviews Mnuchin as probe expands into Trump Cabinet: Sources

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol is working to secure testimony from a growing number of officials in former President Donald Trump's Cabinet, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Trump's former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who reportedly discussed the possibility of invoking the 25th Amendment as a vehicle to remove Trump from office with then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, recently sat with committee investigators for a transcribed interview, the sources said.

ABC News previously reported that Pompeo is expected to speak with the committee in the coming days, though his interview is not officially scheduled.

Among the officials actively negotiating with the committee are the former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and the former acting secretary for the Department of Homeland Security Chad Wolf, sources familiar with the negotiations said.

Wolf would also be able to speak to Trump's desire to order the federal government to seize voting machines.
I was wondering if Mnuchin would eventually testify.  As much as I dislike the guy’s policy positions and attitude towards humanity, he was one of the few grownups left in the Cabinet after Mattis and Tillerson left.  I wasn’t surprised to see his name show up in the reporting about invoking the 25th Amendment.  

And yet here we are  :shrug:  Republicans flat out refusing to certify a Dem win, because....the republican lost.

Pretty harmful to our democracy where you have to be in power to win an election and Republicans can still discredit a legitimate President.

We need to stop this.
Try to remember this when Trump wins in 24 and the Dems play games with their objections. Again.

Try to remember this when Trump wins in 24 and the Dems play games with their objections. Again.
Link?

I asked this in another thread. Show us anywhere from 2016 where Dems filed a lawsuit or took any documented action to dispute the election results. Please just list one. I just searched and I couldn't find anything.

I think legal challenges advanced in bad faith are harmful to our democracy regardless of which side is advancing them, and am supportive of sanctions imposed against those who advance bad faith claims. 

I think legal challenges advanced in bad faith are harmful to our democracy regardless of which side is advancing them, and am supportive of sanctions imposed against those who advance bad faith claims. 
Agree. It gets old that the new legal challenge in elections = overwhelm the system with crap, install stooges to oversee said crap, hoping to eventually get said crap pushed through and boom we have legal precedent for this garbage and that person now in power can further pollute said system. Its a SS and everyone knows it if the new norm is "challenge every valid election no matter what" 

How is this possible? As long as Harris does the ‘right thing’ she’ll be able to chose the next President. 
Exactly.   I am sure Trump will be fine if he happens to win in 2024 and Harris does the "right thing" by not counting results in the states he has won.

Users who are viewing this thread