What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

It's not legal on the Capitol Grounds, as I explicitly said already. 

I'm done with this conversation. You're clearly not actually interested in learning anything new about January 6 or anything remotely related to it and are just here to troll.  

It only took Toby a couple of days to figure this out.  ;) @otherpostershereyouknowwhoyouarelol  :)

Suddenly Trump's AG, White House Counsel, Special assistant, campaign manager, secret service, and daughter are all lying liars who lied because they don't like Trump.

But Trump, Jim Jordan, and Andy Biggs tell the truth - just don't put them under oath. All followed up with "I won't watch this partisan witch hunt, but I know the truth!!1!"
Cowards. They are cowards. We need to call them that more.
cowards traitors and unamerican call it what it is take that to the bank brohan

I'm done with this conversation. You're clearly not actually interested in learning anything new about January 6 or anything remotely related to it and are just here to troll.  

I don't think he's trolling. He's in here asking about evidence. That should be exactly what we want. If more people cared more about evidence, J6 would have never happened.

I think questions about why there aren't more pictures are legitimate questions. They probably have legitimate answers. (I think Gatorman made some good points.)

I don't think he's trolling. He's in here asking about evidence. That should be exactly what we want. If more people cared more about evidence, J6 would have never happened.

I think questions about why there aren't more pictures are legitimate questions. They probably have legitimate answers. (I think Gatorman made some good points.)
I'd agree with you if we didn't have the actual radio conversation between LEOs calling out the weapons on the street or the cache of confiscated weapons at the metal detectors. I trust them.

People here have demonstrated the evidence time and time and time again.  This poster continues to try goading frustrated responses from the left posters here.  I have no idea why they do this, but they do.  I'm with Amused on this.

When I provided him with said evidence he immediately pivoted to discussing whether that particular person was breaking the law in this particular instance. I'm pretty sure he'd do the same thing if I provided him with five such pictures.

In any event, the entire premise of the question is just absolute nonsense. People seem to assume that because everyone carries a fairly high-res camera in their pocket, everything that happens in public is image-captured and can be studied in detail. That's simply not true, as should be clear to anyone who thinks about it for more than a second or two. It was a large crowd, and people generally conceal firearms when they're in public, especially in jurisdictions that forbid open carry like DC. And almost all the photo and video footage was intended to show the scope, not close details of individual rioters. The frigging FBI, with their massive resources, couldn't do better than this photo of a person of interest. When that's the best the FBI can do for a 6 foot human being, it's just wildly unreasonable to base your conclusion about the presence of firearms on whether there's photographic evidence of a six inch weapon that is usually concealed.

I'd agree with you if we didn't have the actual radio conversation between LEOs calling out the weapons on the street or the cache of confiscated weapons at the metal detectors. I trust them.

People here have demonstrated the evidence time and time and time again.  This poster continues to try goading frustrated responses from the left posters here.  I have no idea why they do this, but they do.  I'm with Amused on this.

In any event, the entire premise of the question is just absolute nonsense. People seem to assume that because everyone carries a fairly high-res camera in their pocket, everything that happens in public is image-captured and can be studied in detail. That's simply not true, as should be clear to anyone who thinks about it for more than a second or two. It was a large crowd, and people generally conceal firearms when they're in public, especially in jurisdictions that forbid open carry like DC. And almost all the photo and video footage was intended to show the scope, not close details of individual rioters. The frigging FBI, with their massive resources, couldn't do better than this photo of a person of interest. When that's the best the FBI can do for a 6 foot human being, it's just wildly unreasonable to base your conclusion about the presence of firearms on whether there's photographic evidence of a six inch weapon that is usually concealed.

I think you guys are missing the point. "Why aren't there more pictures of guns?" doesn't have to be code for "If there were no pictures, that means there were no guns." It can very easily mean "If there were no pictures, that seems kind of weird. What's the explanation?"

The explanation may be that not everything in public is image-captured and can be studied in detail. Or there may be other explanations. The fact that there may be good explanations doesn't mean that it's not an interesting question.

Have you no curiosity? Even if you don't, can you not understand how someone else might?

"Just asking questions" can sometimes be troll-shtick. But it can also stem from genuine inquisitiveness and interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you guys are missing the point. "Why aren't there more pictures of guns?" doesn't have to be code for "If there were no pictures, that means there were no guns." It can very easily mean "If there were no pictures, that seems kind of weird. What's the explanation?"

The explanation may be that not everything in public is image-captured and can be studied in detail. Or there may be other explanations. The fact that there may be good explanations doesn't mean that it's not an interesting question.

Have you no curiosity? Even if you don't, can you not understand how someone else might?

"Just asking questions" can sometimes be troll-shtick. But it can also stem from genuine inquisitiveness and interest.
Okay.

This would be a good point if the poster hadn't immediately connected the lack of pictures to his skepticism about the already-overwhelming evidence.

His initial post on the subject was also a response to @moleculo saying that "I think it's clear that there were indeed armed people present in that crowd, including those that stormed the capital."  The idea that he was just bringing up the lack of photos out of curiosity is kind of absurd. The context is very obvious.

That said, it is nice to see a mod giving a poster the benefit of the doubt in interpreting their posts. In this case, even where it's not deserved!

You are either unfamiliar with or have chosen to ignore his body of work.

I assume the guy with Molotov cocktails in the Capital was just going to make fun drinks with his advanced bartending skills?

Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021 -- after oversight officials asked for them, watchdog says

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/politics/secret-service-text-messages-erased/index.html

(CNN) - The US Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021, shortly after they were requested by oversight officials investigating the agency's response to the US Capitol riot, according to a letter given to the House select committee investigating the insurrection and obtained by CNN.

The letter, which was originally sent to the House Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee by the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General, says the messages were erased from the system as part of a device-replacement program after the watchdog asked the agency for records related to its electronic communications

Nah, just so happened we were just changing our phones that day. Bad luck!

Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021 -- after oversight officials asked for them, watchdog says

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/politics/secret-service-text-messages-erased/index.html

(CNN) - The US Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021, shortly after they were requested by oversight officials investigating the agency's response to the US Capitol riot, according to a letter given to the House select committee investigating the insurrection and obtained by CNN.

The letter, which was originally sent to the House Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee by the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General, says the messages were erased from the system as part of a device-replacement program after the watchdog asked the agency for records related to its electronic communications

This is rather surprising to me.  They are still out there and I know they know they are out there...extra steps to get to them though.  It will be interesting to know who the specific people are.

Every person that took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States whom aided, abetted and supported those on J6 need to be removed from their posts, investigated and prosecuted when appropriate. 

I am up in the air about these Secret Service deleted texts. 

The order to delete the texts had to come from somewhere. That's who needs to be held accountable. I don't want a rank and file agent to get hung out to dry. Maybe he was all MAGA, that doesn't matter to me. I want these guys to follow orders. They should not be punished for that.

The order to delete the texts had to come from somewhere. That's who needs to be held accountable. I don't want a rank and file agent to get hung out to dry. Maybe he was all MAGA, that doesn't matter to me. I want these guys to follow orders. They should not be punished for that.
I agree with waiting to see where the guilt lies.  

If they were SMS texts might be able to get them from the cellular service provider.

If they're end to end encrypted, they're gone.

Im not on here reading every single post , i asked this and figured if there were photos the people who follow this closer than i would direct me to said photos 

agreed....I have theories....I can't see this being a "supervisor" type demanding it happen, but you never know

When I provided him with said evidence he immediately pivoted to discussing whether that particular person was breaking the law in this particular instance. I'm pretty sure he'd do the same thing if I provided him with five such pictures.

The reason i brought up the gun laws was if the gun laws were strict and the secret service detected guns thru metal detectors than why would it matter what Trump thinks or said ,they would by law confiscate them .

What do you guys predict? 

A. Following the hearings, the Justice Department indicts Donald Trump. 

B. Following the hearings, the Justice Department does NOT indict Donald Trump. 

C. Following the hearings, the Justice Department announces it needs to investigate further, which will take months and basically kicks a decision down the road. 

C. Following the hearings, the Justice Department announces it needs to investigate further, which will take months and basically kicks a decision down the road. 
A. I do think the evidence is too overwhelming at this point to not indict.  I've said it before though, I think Biden will pardon him "for the country to start recovering".  I certainly hope not but... 

Just for the record im not saying there were no guns ,im simply asking if anyone produced pics or video ,why is this such a strange thing to ask? 
I’m curious what you, and others like you, think should be the outcome of this. Should we let it go, just be glad that it wasn’t worse? And then hope it doesn’t happen again where it could be worse? And not hold responsible those who coordinated this insurrection, in an effort to further prevent this from happening again, where it could be much worse?

Everyone cool with this?

I won't make any predictions, but here's some RINOs opinion in a new book.

The DOJ Must Prosecute Trump

The January 6 committee has provided overwhelming evidence that the former president was not some bit player along for the ride, but the central driver of a nefarious plot.

By Donald Ayer, Stuart Gerson, and Dennis Aftergut

About the authors: Donald Ayer served as United States attorney and principal deputy solicitor general in the Reagan administration and as deputy attorney general under George H. W. Bush. Stuart M. Gerson served as assistant attorney general for the Civil Division of the Department of Justice from 1989 to 1993 and as acting attorney General in 1993. He is a member of the firm at Epstein Becker Green. Dennis Aftergut is a former federal prosecutor and former Chief Assistant City Attorney in San Francisco, currently Of Counsel to Lawyers Defending American Democracy.

B.  Trump will announce he is running for president after labour day and then they won’t. 

A. I do think the evidence is too overwhelming at this point to not indict.  I've said it before though, I think Biden will pardon him "for the country to start recovering".  I certainly hope not but... 
If so, Biden should be impeached, IMO. (For the exact same reason that I thought Trump's pardon of Sheriff Joe was impeachment-worthy.)

Better be A. Anything less I think we can kiss democracy goodbye.

I’m curious what you, and others like you, think should be the outcome of this. Should we let it go, just be glad that it wasn’t worse? And then hope it doesn’t happen again where it could be worse? And not hold responsible those who coordinated this insurrection, in an effort to further prevent this from happening again, where it could be much worse?

Everyone cool with this?
If things went down the way its claimed then everyone involved is held accountable 

Users who are viewing this thread