What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

Ex-Trump White House official Alyssa Farah tells the Jan. 6 Committee that Trump acknowledged to her that he lost the 2020 election.

Dec. 24th email intercepted from the SS to the then president.

"Armed and ready Mr. President."

This is gonna blow up the SS.

Breaking, the J6 committee will vote to subpoena Trump to testify at the end of the today's hearing. Per CNN.
I can’t comprehend why they haven’t subpoenaed him months ago
As they just pointed out on CNN, for everyone who says the Committee is a sham because its all one-sided, here's Trump's opportunity to sit under oath and present his own evidence and testimony as to why its all a witch hunt.

Put up or shut up.

Breaking, the J6 committee will vote to subpoena Trump to testify at the end of the today's hearing. Per CNN.
As they just pointed out on CNN, for everyone who says the Committee is a sham because its all one-sided, here's Trump's opportunity to sit under oath and present his own evidence and testimony as to why its all a witch hunt.

Put up or shut up.
Even if they subpoena him the chances of him actually showing up are extremly remote. Are they trying to demonstrate that Trump is above the law?

Put up or shut up.
Even if they subpoena him the chances of him actually showing up are extremly remote. Are they trying to demonstrate that Trump is above the law?
I don't believe anyone expects him to comply. But he's being given his chance to speak and present his side. There's a small possibility they can refer him for charges of Contempt of Congress. But not likely.

That would be a great narrative if this hadn’t been scheduled already.

Any comments on what has actually been said in the hearings?

So what's the talking point again about the guns? There were no guns and the Capitol police just let them in or there were guns outside the MAGs and a great many law enforcements, through their efforts, kept them from getting to the Capitol or it could have been WAY worse because there were absolutely people there ready to make it so?

When you're building a wall, you don't start at the top.
I realize that, but this whole thing just seems to be moving so slow. They’ve presented damning information directly implicating Trump months ago.
I assume that there is some information being shared between the committee and the DOJ. Since the DOJ has recently filed court documents indicating White House phone logs from J6 were found at MAL, maybe they were waiting for that information to become available.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Why didn’t the Unselect Committee ask me to testify months ago? Why did they wait until the very end, the final moments of their last meeting? Because the Committee is a total “BUST” that has only served to further divide our Country which, by the way, is doing very badly - A laughing stock all over the World?

Oct 13, 2022, 13:26

Sounds like he is looking forward to testifying.

All the people that are trying to sweep this whole thing under the rug are ******* cowards. All because you either fear, or admire the former president.

Here is some new footage of Pelosi and other house members during the attack. Disagree with Pelosi's politics, but she handled this situation like a ****ing champ. Expressed concern for members of congress, took a leadership role in reaching out to DOD, mayors, governors, etc.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Why didn’t the Unselect Committee ask me to testify months ago? Why did they wait until the very end, the final moments of their last meeting? Because the Committee is a total “BUST” that has only served to further divide our Country which, by the way, is doing very badly - A laughing stock all over the World?

Oct 13, 2022, 13:26

Sounds like he is looking forward to testifying.
What's a perjury charge on top of everything else? It's a drop of water in the sea of his crimes.

All the people that are trying to sweep this whole thing under the rug are ******* cowards. All because you either fear, or admire the former president.

Here is some new footage of Pelosi and other house members during the attack. Disagree with Pelosi's politics, but she handled this situation like a ****ing champ. Expressed concern for members of congress, took a leadership role in reaching out to DOD, mayors, governors, etc.

She was basically functioning as POTUS.

I really don't care what Trump has to say to the committee and issuing a subpoena for his testimony is pointless. Nobody is going to indict him. The faster he fades into irrelevance, the better.

I really don't care what Trump has to say to the committee and issuing a subpoena for his testimony is pointless. Nobody is going to indict him. The faster he fades into irrelevance, the better.
And yet you and your side keep making him the story, day in and day out. :shrug:

Forgive us if we don't believe you.

Bad inflation report, throw the Hail Mary
Notwithstanding that Trump should obviously testify, this is accurate. They waited this long purely for the perceived political gain. They do this in the spring or summer, no one remembers. It won’t make a dent in the midterms though. The Dems are in massive trouble.

A blind squirrel….

I haven’t followed much of this. I did watch quite a bit of the hearings today, very interesting. I don’t think it changes very many peoples vote though.

Just watched the Pelosi footage. What a leader.

No one has ever said that with a straight face - almost missed your sarcasm there. Excellent work. :thumbup:
Did you watch the video?

Uhm, no. When someone posts "Just watched the Pelosi footage. What a leader." that is undeniable sarcasm. No one says that seriously.

That would be like me saying, "Just watched the Gomer Pyle footage. What a leader".

Last edited:
So what's the talking point again about the guns? There were no guns and the Capitol police just let them in or there were guns outside the MAGs and a great many law enforcements, through their efforts, kept them from getting to the Capitol or it could have been WAY worse because there were absolutely people there ready to make it so?
Here’s what I would say and I’ll bet that it’s even somewhat true:

Many of the people that attended the Stop the Steal March routinely travel with weapons so they naturally had them when traveling to the event. They left the guns in Virginia because they were aware of the strict gun laws in D.C. and the scrutiny that the marchers would surely be under. They collected them all in one place for security reasons.

No one has ever said that with a straight face - almost missed your sarcasm there. Excellent work. :thumbup:
Did you watch the video?

Uhm, no. When someone posts "Just watched the Pelosi footage. What a leader." that is undeniable sarcasm. No one says that seriously.

That would be like me saying, "Just watched the Gomer Pyle footage. What a leader".
I will undeniably state with zero sarcasm that Pelosi (and Pence, too) showed great leadership in a time of tumult. I say that seriously and don't think you should dismiss the opinions of others so cavalierly. Maybe I'm the only one. But when compared to what the leader of the free world was doing at the time (watching it unfold on TV), the contrast in behaviors is stark.

Did you watch the video?

Did you watch this footage?

Users who are viewing this thread