What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm so jacked today. I'm back from fbg timeout and my draft is tonight. :towelwave: I have the 5, 9, 11, 12 and 29.
Lol what got you sent to the penalty box?
I got a little to inquisitive in a thread.... anyway I drafted in my 2 QB league tonight.... Got Bridgewater, Hyde, Ebron, Cooks, Robinson, and Moncrief. Pretty stoked. Crowell went undrafted, as did Martavis Bryant.
How many rounds? I'm surprised Bryant didn't go.

I'm so jacked today. I'm back from fbg timeout and my draft is tonight. :towelwave: I have the 5, 9, 11, 12 and 29.
Lol what got you sent to the penalty box?
I got a little to inquisitive in a thread.... anyway I drafted in my 2 QB league tonight.... Got Bridgewater, Hyde, Ebron, Cooks, Robinson, and Moncrief. Pretty stoked. Crowell went undrafted, as did Martavis Bryant.
How many rounds? I'm surprised Bryant didn't go.
it went 6 rounds but it's only 10 teams and 24 spots. Also it's 2qb so everyone had 4 or 5 Qbs. Mettenberger and Logan Thomas both got drafted.

Team A gives:

Russell Wilson

Markus Wheaton

Team B gives:

EJ Manuel

Cordarrelle Patterson

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A:

Russell Wilson

Markus Wheaton

Team B:

EJ Manuel

Cordarrelle Patterson

Thoughts?
Unless that's 2 QB, Patterson by quite a bit. And I'm no Patterson fanboy.
1 QB and start 3-4WR Full PPR. I was Team A and proposed the trade expecting to get turned down but he accepted. Figured I'd post here and see if I was missing something. Leaves me not so hot with QB's, but I think I can get by with what I have. I'm not the biggest Patterson supporter either but he does have more upside than just about any WR in the league right now, so hopefully they get creative and use him correctly like they did at the end of last year.

Zealots 12 team non-ppr, IDP

Gave 5.1

Got David Wilson

Too much?
Arguably, not enough for the other guy. He is long shot, but in that RB heavy league, getting guy with a puncher's chance of being a starting NFL RB in the 5th round is excellent from your standpoint.

Team A:

Russell Wilson

Markus Wheaton

Team B:

EJ Manuel

Cordarrelle Patterson

Thoughts?
1 QB and start 3-4WR Full PPR. I was Team A and proposed the trade expecting to get turned down but he accepted. Figured I'd post here and see if I was missing something. Leaves me not so hot with QB's, but I think I can get by with what I have. I'm not the biggest Patterson supporter either but he does have more upside than just about any WR in the league right now, so hopefully they get creative and use him correctly like they did at the end of last year.
I really like this for you, not only for Patterson, but I am probably higher than most on Manuel. I think he will surprise people this year.

Team A:

Russell Wilson

Markus Wheaton

Team B:

EJ Manuel

Cordarrelle Patterson

Thoughts?
I really like this for you, not only for Patterson, but I am probably higher than most on Manuel. I think he will surprise people this year.
I hope you're right about Manuel. I'm only in 2 dynasty leagues and now own him in both. It's not because I'm that high on him either, that's just the way the chips seem to be falling.

steveski said:
Coeur de Lion said:
steveski said:
Team A:

Russell Wilson

Markus Wheaton

Team B:

EJ Manuel

Cordarrelle Patterson

Thoughts?
You've probably got at least one league-mate fuming over that trade, and can parlay Patterson to them for much more than you just paid for him.

Trade that just went down in a 12 team, NonPPR, IDP league

Team A traded: Marquess Wilson

Jared Allen

1.12(12th)

5.12(60th) in 2014

2nd in 2015(likely somewhere between 19-24th overall)

Team B Traded: Marshawn Lynch

Robert Turbin

Mychal Kendricks

Team B currently owns: RB's Murray, Gio and Tate and LB's Kuechly, Cushing, Washington, Trevathan, A Brown, S Moore and R Mathis.

Team B claims he wanted to get something for Lynch before the value dried up?

Thoughts.

Trade that just went down in a 12 team, NonPPR, IDP league

Team A traded: Marquess Wilson

Jared Allen

1.12(12th)

5.12(60th) in 2014

2nd in 2015(likely somewhere between 19-24th overall)

Team B Traded: Marshawn Lynch

Robert Turbin

Mychal Kendricks

Team B currently owns: RB's Murray, Gio and Tate and LB's Kuechly, Cushing, Washington, Trevathan, A Brown, S Moore and R Mathis.

Team B claims he wanted to get something for Lynch before the value dried up?

Thoughts.
Well...he didn't.

14-team Devy PPR TE Premium

Give: Justin Hunter & Vernon Davis

Receive: Jordan Reed, Jeremy Maclin, Steven Jackson

12 team ppr .5 for RB 1 for WR

Gave : Trent Richardson

Got: Deandre Hopkins
This is a close one for me as I still have hope for Richardson, but I would take Hopkins I think.
That was my line of thinking. We start 2-3 RBs. I have Foster, Vereen, Pierre, McCluster, and Ballard. I also have picks 10, 13, 14, and 22 in the rookie draft. Hopkins becomes my WR4 behind Megatron, Demerius, and Crabtree. I think it's a good move for me.

Team A Gave:

Spiller

Ben Tate

TY Hilton

Team B Gave:

Alfred Morris

Rashad Jennings

Riley Cooper

2015 1st Rounder (last 3 years pick has been 2, 1, 2 overall)
This time next year, it would not surprise me whatsoever for Tate, Jennings and Cooper to be considered worthless, and for Morris' value to have dropped significantly. So this becomes Spiller and Hilton for Morris and a projected early first. Give me the Spiller/Hilton side unless the team is so bad that I'm really likely to get the #1 overall pick.

12 team ppr .5 for RB 1 for WR

Gave : Trent Richardson

Got: Deandre Hopkins
This is a close one for me as I still have hope for Richardson, but I would take Hopkins I think.
That was my line of thinking. We start 2-3 RBs. I have Foster, Vereen, Pierre, McCluster, and Ballard. I also have picks 10, 13, 14, and 22 in the rookie draft. Hopkins becomes my WR4 behind Megatron, Demerius, and Crabtree. I think it's a good move for me.
I'll agree with taking Hopkins. With Houston not having RB depth behind Foster, its up to Johnson and Hopkins to take the pressure off the run game so we don't end up Foster-less later in the season.

Gave: 1.02 + 2015 1st

Got: Alshon Jeffery
That's an interesting one. I take Jeffery. But I can see a rebuilding team thinking "Evans is going to be Jeffery in two years, I'll take the extra first and know that I won't accidentally win any games with Jeffery".

Where's the 1st projected?

I don't know about that one.

Upside is you know what you're getting and don't run the risk of rookies busting.

On the contrary, Evans/Watkins should at least match Jeffery, and then you've lost on the 1st next year.

I think I'd prefer the picks. But it's not a terrible deal.

14-team Devy PPR TE Premium

Give: Justin Hunter & Vernon Davis

Receive: Jordan Reed, Jeremy Maclin, Steven Jackson
I like this one for both sides. I prefer Reed to Davis. But prefer Hunter to Maclin due to potential. SJax isn't enough to sway me. It's a good deal for both of you though.

That's an interesting one. I take Jeffery. But I can see a rebuilding team thinking "Evans is going to be Jeffery in two years, I'll take the extra first and know that I won't accidentally win any games with Jeffery".

mid to late 1st
Definitely prefer Jeffery. Evans owners can only hope he's as good as Jeffery and that 1st is a good price to pay for the proven player.

Just went down in Zealots

Chargers gave up Evans, Mike TBB WR; Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.02

Jaguars gave up Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB;Jones, Marvin CIN WR; Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.05;

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jacksonville Jaguars;

Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick from Jacksonville Jaguars

I think I'd rather have Evans but not sure.

Jaguars gave up Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB;Jones, Marvin CIN WR; Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.05;

Would probably need to see both teams. But in a vacuum I like side getting Bridgewater significantly more.

steveski said:
Team A gives:

Russell Wilson

Markus Wheaton

Team B gives:

EJ Manuel

Cordarrelle Patterson

Thoughts?
Patterson.

Manuel is a sneaky buy right now I think

Zealots 12 team non-ppr, IDP

Gave 5.1

Got David Wilson

Too much?
That is a great buy low

Team A: Charles Sims RB Tampa Bay

Team B: Dwayne Allen TE Colts

1/1/2/1/1/1 (2 flex RB/WR/TE) PPR .5 WR/RB, 1 TE
I think I would defer to Allen but I like Sims alot so I could see that side as well

Would probably need to see both teams. But in a vacuum I like side getting Bridgewater significantly more.
The 2 picks next year prob put the Bridgewater side over the top.I would expect the 1st to be mid-late. Still don't know if I wouldn't rather have Evans though.

mid to late 1st
Definitely prefer Jeffery. Evans owners can only hope he's as good as Jeffery and that 1st is a good price to pay for the proven player.
+1

No idea why there is an assumption Evans will be as good as Jeffery

+1

No idea why there is an assumption Evans will be as good as Jeffery
It's not an assumption. It's simply a belief/expectation. And that's one of the differences in FFB playing styles. Some people can stomach ambiguity, others prefer more of the known quantity. It's not a right or wrong thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a vacuum, I'd take Jeffery over Evans and the 1st. I think the gap is bigger than a mid-late 1st between the 2 guys. (Maybe an early to mid-1st type of gap?)

But in specific situations, I could see where I'd make the trade for Evans.

A poker analogy: First hand of the game, you don't want to go all in pre-flop on a pair of fives. You also don't want to go all in on a pair of fives if you are one of the guys at the table with the most chips. However, it is probably a smart gamble to go all in on a pair of fives if you are the short stack and getting desperate.

Similarly, if you have a strong dynasty roster, it doesn't make sense to risk moving Jeffery for Evans if you are only getting paid a mid-late 1st for the gamble. However, if there are some loaded teams in your league and you don't have a great roster, then you have to make some bold, risky moves if you ever want to catch up. If not, you probably aren't going to be a contender to win it all. This is a pretty reasonable gamble if you have to make something happen because there's a decent enough chance that you come out ahead that the downside is worth it.

In a vacuum, I'd take Jeffery over Evans and the 1st. I think the gap is bigger than a mid-late 1st between the 2 guys. (Maybe an early to mid-1st type of gap?)

But in specific situations, I could see where I'd make the trade for Evans.

A poker analogy: First hand of the game, you don't want to go all in pre-flop on a pair of fives. You also don't want to go all in on a pair of fives if you are one of the guys at the table with the most chips. However, it is probably a smart gamble to go all in on a pair of fives if you are the short stack and getting desperate.

Similarly, if you have a strong dynasty roster, it doesn't make sense to risk moving Jeffery for Evans if you are only getting paid a mid-late 1st for the gamble. However, if there are some loaded teams in your league and you don't have a great roster, then you have to make some bold, risky moves if you ever want to catch up. If not, you probably aren't going to be a contender to win it all. This is a pretty reasonable gamble if you have to make something happen because there's a decent enough chance that you come out ahead that the downside is worth it.
Sounds like a good way to lose all your money as well as double it ;)

10 team league. Start 1/2/3/1, no flex. Non-PPR, yardage heavy.

Team A gave:

Demaryius Thomas

Toby Gerhart

2015 2nd rounder (likely late)

Team B gave:

Calvin Johnson

2015 1st rounder (likely mid)

Users who are viewing this thread