What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: M. Lattimore and 2.2 rookie pick

Got: Ridley and 1.12 rookie pick
Wait, the guy traded Lattimore and got Ridley *AND* a better pick? It seems like those two picks should be on opposite sides of that deal. Or, better yet, like no pick at all should be on the Ridley side.

12 team ppr, start qrrwwwtfkd

Team A gave up: Joique Bell, Vernon Davis, 1.07

Team B gave up: Le'Veon Bell, Tyler Eifert

Team B gave up: Mark Ingram

Team C gave up: 3.04

Team B gave up: 1.05

Team D gave up: Jarrett Boykin, 1.09, 3.05

No idea what Team B was thinking. That's really cheap for Bell, and he downgraded from 1.05 to 1.09 for a fistful of after-dinner mints.

Trade that just went down in a 12 team, NonPPR, IDP league

Team A traded: Marquess Wilson

Jared Allen

1.12(12th)

5.12(60th) in 2014

2nd in 2015(likely somewhere between 19-24th overall)

Team B Traded: Marshawn Lynch

Robert Turbin

Mychal Kendricks

Team B currently owns: RB's Murray, Gio and Tate and LB's Kuechly, Cushing, Washington, Trevathan, A Brown, S Moore and R Mathis.

Team B claims he wanted to get something for Lynch before the value dried up?

Thoughts.
Yeah he basically got 1.12 for Lynch. I think you could get that for Lynch if SEA cuts him next year.

Kendricks is a Wash with Allen and the rest of the picks.

Wilson and Turbin are a push

Bell and Eifert pretty easily for me

3.04 probably unless nonPPR then I might take a final stab at Ingram

12 team, PPR, contract league. Start QB / 1-2 RB / 2-3 WR / TE

Two trades today:

Trade 1:

Team A gives: 1.03, 1.07

Team B gives: Cameron, 1.11

Trade 2:

Team A gives: 1.01, 1.04, 2.07, Cameron, Patterson, Moreno

Team C gives: Megatron, Gronk

Notes:

- Due to contract issues, team C needed to trade or loose Megatron by the beginning of the 2015 season.

Team A traded Percy Harvin+2015 3rd

for Marques Colston + 2015 1st + 2015 4th + 2015 4th

Team A then flipped Marques Colston + the 1st+4ths+his own 2nd

for Riley Cooper+Ace Sanders+Golden Tate

I would have stuck with Harvin.

Not sure this is the correct thread to ask this question and if its not this can be ignored. Im likely going into rebuild, own Peterson, and say the Alshon and Alfred Morris trades recently in this thread. Do people think that's around what I can expect value wise; am I crazy to think he still holds 2 1st round picks type value? Its a zealots league so the recent change to minimum 1RB I guess hurts his value.

Not sure this is the correct thread to ask this question and if its not this can be ignored. Im likely going into rebuild, own Peterson, and say the Alshon and Alfred Morris trades recently in this thread. Do people think that's around what I can expect value wise; am I crazy to think he still holds 2 1st round picks type value? Its a zealots league so the recent change to minimum 1RB I guess hurts his value.
It never hurts to try. I had him since he was a rookie in my main league and had a tough time getting an offer of two firsts for him last year. I finally took an offer of DeMarco Murray and a first. I would not give two firsts for him now, but I am sure some will especially someone that feels they are just missing one piece.

<p>

This just happened in a standard 12 team PPR.

Must be cool playing in a league with Blake Bortles as an owner.
Or Mason's ex-girlfriend.
Nope, he is a member here and the name that he goes by is Ramrod! lol
Where were the two players drafted in your rookie draft?
Mason 1.12 and Bortles 3.5, 13 picks in round 1 though.

<p>

That's why the trade makes so little sense. He could have just traded back at 1.12 and picked up some value in return instead of basically trading the 1.12 for the 3.05.

Dr. Octopus said:
Phenix said:
Dr. Octopus said:
Phenix said:
cstu said:
Nucker101 said:
Phenix said:
<p>

That's why the trade makes so little sense. He could have just traded back at 1.12 and picked up some value in return instead of basically trading the 1.12 for the 3.05.
For what its worth his QBs are Brady and Cousins and both had same bye week so he needed someone.

Dr. Octopus said:
Phenix said:
Dr. Octopus said:
Phenix said:
cstu said:
Nucker101 said:
Phenix said:
<p>

For what its worth his QBs are Brady and Cousins and both had same bye week so he needed someone.
In a typical 12 team 1 QB league viable bye week starters are usually pretty close to free, if not actually free on the WW. What a terrible reason to waste a 1st round pick.

Dr. Octopus said:
Phenix said:
Dr. Octopus said:
Phenix said:
cstu said:
Nucker101 said:
Phenix said:
<p>

From a strictly player evaluation standpoint, I don't have a problem with the trade. QB that goes #3 overall probably has higher expected VBD than 3rd round RB.

I mean I wouldn't make it myself and wouldn't recommend doing it, but not shocking it if works out for the Bortles owner.

That said, this is a really flimsy justification. If the Jaguars are to be believed, which might be a stretch, Bortles isn't going to be starting that week either. In that case I would like to see the RB that gets traded away just to cover the 1 week.

LususV said:

:X

LususV said:

Yikes that is ugly. So basically he gave Harvin, a 3rd and a 2nd for Cooper, Sanders & Tate. I wouldn't even give Harvin for all 3 of those guys let alone Harvin and picks.

LususV said:

Yikes that is ugly. So basically he gave Harvin, a 3rd and a 2nd for Cooper, Sanders & Tate. I wouldn't even give Harvin for all 3 of those guys let alone Harvin and picks.
I am actually almost OK with the first deal, but I am higher on Colston than most. But the second deal is absolutely horrible.

Ok, but why trade for a rookie QB who has been told he might not play this year?

LususV said:

I am actually almost OK with the first deal, but I am higher on Colston than most. But the second deal is absolutely horrible.
I can live with the 1st one as well. Getting a solid WR and a 1st for Harvin isn't bad. But then trading that 1st plus Colston and 3 other picks for 3 WRs who at best will probably be WR3s, just makes zero sense to me.

LususV said:

I can live with the 1st one as well. Getting a solid WR and a 1st for Harvin isn't bad. But then trading that 1st plus Colston and 3 other picks for 3 WRs who at best will probably be WR3s, just makes zero sense to me.
Agree. Looks like a 1st and 2nd for Tate, Colston for Cooper, 2 4ths and a 3rd for Sanders. No one would do even one of those deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
marquess wilson

for

bernard pierce
So the Bears #3 for at least the next couple years for a RB who might be starting week 1...
I wasn't involved. Made no sense to me either
If it's a ppr league I don't see it as uneven. Pierce has been nothing short of mediocre in his career to date. While Wilson may never amount to anything, he's just 21 years old with some fairly positive reviews of his progress to date from teammates and coaches.

marquess wilson

for

bernard pierce
So the Bears #3 for at least the next couple years for a RB who might be starting week 1...
If it's a ppr league I don't see it as uneven. Pierce has been nothing short of mediocre in his career to date. While Wilson may never amount to anything, he's just 21 years old with some fairly positive reviews of his progress to date from teammates and coaches.
A 21 year old who put up better production at 18 than some 21 year old WRs considered NFL prospects. If he hadn't left school the way he did, he was a 2nd-3rd rd NFL draft talent, and would have been a 1st rounder in 2013 rookie drafts. He'll be 24 when Marshall's guaranteed money is out.

I'm all aboard the Marquess Wilson train.

marquess wilson

for

bernard pierce
it is ppr

If he hadn't left school the way he did, he was a 2nd-3rd rd NFL draft talent, and would have been a 1st rounder in 2013 rookie drafts.
I think this is potentially dangerous. Wilson's 2nd-3rd round tag came from the pundits, not the NFL. The same people who ranked Wilson where they did, ranked Seastrunk as a top prospect, then adjusted once they realized that the NFL didn't agree.

Montee Ball + Allen Robinson + 2015 2nd rounder + 2015 2nd rounder

For LeSean McCoy

If he hadn't left school the way he did, he was a 2nd-3rd rd NFL draft talent, and would have been a 1st rounder in 2013 rookie drafts.
I think this is potentially dangerous. Wilson's 2nd-3rd round tag came from the pundits, not the NFL. The same people who ranked Wilson where they did, ranked Seastrunk as a top prospect, then adjusted once they realized that the NFL didn't agree.
Check his production by age. Compare him to every WR to come out in '13/14. He's at the top of the list. Has the height, and is young enough/has the frame to put on the muscle to be a top guy.

2nd/3rd round talent is my opinion, not 'the pundits'.

1/2/2/1/2

Team A gave: Gio Bernard

Team B gave: Alshon Jeffery
In that format, assuming PPR, Gio.
I figured that would be the case. I am the side getting Jeffery. I inherited an old, mediocre team, tore it down, and wanted to build around WRs. Now with Alshon, I also have Julio, Mike Evans, and Jordan Matthews. RB wise, I still have Le'Veon Bell (though I might move him). I sent this earlier today and it was accepted pretty quickly, so I figured I was probably losing market-wise. I think the addition of Hill takes some of the shine off Gio-still like him but IMO Gio no longer has that top-3 upside. I could be mistaken, of course.

1/2/2/1/2

Team A gave: Gio Bernard

Team B gave: Alshon Jeffery
In that format, assuming PPR, Gio.
I figured that would be the case. I am the side getting Jeffery. I inherited an old, mediocre team, tore it down, and wanted to build around WRs. Now with Alshon, I also have Julio, Mike Evans, and Jordan Matthews. RB wise, I still have Le'Veon Bell (though I might move him). I sent this earlier today and it was accepted pretty quickly, so I figured I was probably losing market-wise. I think the addition of Hill takes some of the shine off Gio-still like him but IMO Gio no longer has that top-3 upside. I could be mistaken, of course.
If you're rebuilding then getting Jeffery makes sense. I don't like holding RB's during a rebuild either but I question whether you needed to make that move since Gio/Bell/Julio/Jeffery is a good starting lineup if you have a decent QB and TE.

Users who are viewing this thread