What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2010 Philadelphia Eagles Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Eagles just signed Weaver which we all knew would happen real soon but good move anyways. I think Eagles fans are expecting a big signing but I think we are going to see two or three signings that aren't big but will help the team.
:lmao: Weaver is a very important piece. I would like to see his role expanded a little more in 2010. Any details on the terms?
Getting Weaver back is big, I also hear that Kampman is the DE they are going after and not Peppers. But that's just rumors and hearsay. Have you heard anything about Kampman DH?

I hope it aint Kampman. Guy is 30 and coming off a knee injury. I didn't want Peppers because I knew his price tag would be way to high. Thought they would draft one here.

Was hoping they went after Dansby then moved Bradley to the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagles just signed Weaver which we all knew would happen real soon but good move anyways. I think Eagles fans are expecting a big signing but I think we are going to see two or three signings that aren't big but will help the team.
:lmao: Weaver is a very important piece. I would like to see his role expanded a little more in 2010. Any details on the terms?
Getting Weaver back is big, I also hear that Kampman is the DE they are going after and not Peppers. But that's just rumors and hearsay. Have you heard anything about Kampman DH?
Where is everyone reading that we signed Weaver? I think we will and have seen that they are real close, but has it actually happened?

I hope it aint Kampman. Guy is 30 and coming off a knee injury. I didn't want Peppers because I knew his price tag would be way to high. Thought they would draft one here.Was hoping they went after Dansby then moved Bradley to the outside.
Kampman is supposedly almost a done deal in Seattle

Just reported on The Fanatic, from Fox Sport, that the Eagles want to trade McNabb but AR is blocking a trade.

I might be in the minority but I would much rather the Eagles go after Ryan Clark and free up the FS position then go after an older player coming off IR like Kampman.

This is what I am thinking

Eagles trade McNabb to SF for their 17th.

They some how package something together to move up to the 10-14 area and draft McClain.

Just reported on The Fanatic, from Fox Sport, that the Eagles want to trade McNabb but AR is blocking a trade.
So unless this is a smoke screen so Andy saves face with McNabb, the organization will be divided on whoever the QB is next year. Like I mentioned previously, they have gotten themselves into somewhat of a mess at QB. I was listening to Peter King on Sirius this morning and resolving the QB situation was the Eagles top priority in his opinion.Can the Eagles actually bring McNabb back at this point? Especially without an extension. Its kinda out there in the open now that the team isn't fully in support of him. And if the front office isn't behind him 100%, how can the players be?

both mcnabb and kolb hold out for an extension ... i can just see it happening lol
LOL...the only QB under contract that doesn't have leverage is Vick! I really wouldn't expect Kolb to hold out though. Things have been pretty quiet on the extension Mr. Hermit hinted was in the works. I guess his camp is waiting to see what they do with #5 first. Its becoming pretty obvious though where the team's long-term loyalty lies.

Weaver signing = big :confused:

Would rather have Peppers, but Kampman = mostly :confused:

Still will sign a S I think - RFA offer for Atogwe, Collins or Bigby? Or a UFA offer to Sharper, Clark or Phillips?

Jay Glazer: Kampman on his way to philly for visit NOT seattle
JoeFortenbaugh: Update: Report now coming in that Kampman has changed his mind, will NOT visit with the #EaglesJay Glazer: Correction on kampan, birds have had talks w his rep but he is NOT visiting at this point. Also, just talked w (cont) http://tl.gd/dv83s

Twitter is making this a real roller coaster.

Yeesh what's the deal here? It's pretty safe to say Peppers is a Bear now. Kampman is probably the only guy worth looking at now and his price tag may have gone up if Peppers is going to get the reported 12 mill per year.

LesBowen

Well, Joe Banner just left NovaCare as I was heading in for L.Weaver press conf. Don't think Eagles are getting anything else done today. 3 minutes ago via web

LesBowen

Ok, I tweet-jinxed myself. I hear now there COULD be something else pending from the Eagles. Of course. 4 minutes ago via web

LesBowen Ok, I tweet-jinxed myself. I hear now there COULD be something else pending from the Eagles. Of course. 4 minutes ago via web
LesBowenForgot to tweet rite away -- the move was the release of Will Witherspoon. Not a shocker - expensive for a guy who might not start in '10.

I'm anxiously awaiting DH's next post. It is a bit disappointing that we didn't land any of the big free agents, but it is not that surprising. I have been hoping all day that he was right and that McNabb was on his way out the door. I have enjoyed cheering for McNabb, but I would love to see what Kevin Kolb has. I would love to see what our WRs could do with a QB that was more accurate than Donovan.

I got nothing right now. My buddy texted me earlier that my boys (I'm a Bears fan) got Peppers and included a :goodposting: face after it. He also said he thought for sure that they (the Eagles) were going to get Peppers.

As for the McNabb situation, I'm pretty sure I posted earlier that Andy was the big gun in McNabb's corner. However, Kolb's got some powerful allies as well.

I am officially at a lost for words ( which you know that leads to a long post ).

Ok we have a big LB problem. So what do we do? Let the hot LB go and sign in Miami....then we go and cut the only definite starter at our LB in Whiterspoon just cause he was going to make $5 mil next season? WTF They are others on this team eating money for doing less.

Honestly what is left in FA @ LB? Porter? The eagles can not really be serious about being "confident" with the current LB core of ....ffs who are the starters now? Bradley still hurt...Jordan Foiku(sp?) Trotter? lol wtf

We went into one seeason with no PR/KR

We followed that up with no FB.

Followed by no safety.

I guess this season is the "Season Sans Linebackers"

---------

About McNabb and Reid. The reason Reid is in his corner is because he knows without McNabb, he wouldnt be considered a great coach. McNabb CARRIED ANDY through these years. I don't think Reid would know what to do without having Westy or McNabb on offense for the entire season & on.

Get rid of the fat guy please or least take him off the sidelines as a cordinator

I am officially at a lost for words ( which you know that leads to a long post ). Ok we have a big LB problem. So what do we do? Let the hot LB go and sign in Miami....then we go and cut the only definite starter at our LB in Whiterspoon just cause he was going to make $5 mil next season? WTF They are others on this team eating money for doing less. Honestly what is left in FA @ LB? Porter? The eagles can not really be serious about being "confident" with the current LB core of ....ffs who are the starters now? Bradley still hurt...Jordan Foiku(sp?) Trotter? lol wtf We went into one seeason with no PR/KRWe followed that up with no FB.Followed by no safety. I guess this season is the "Season Sans Linebackers"---------About McNabb and Reid. The reason Reid is in his corner is because he knows without McNabb, he wouldnt be considered a great coach. McNabb CARRIED ANDY through these years. I don't think Reid would know what to do without having Westy or McNabb on offense for the entire season & on. Get rid of the fat guy please or least take him off the sidelines as a cordinator
I don't think its that dire. Remember Bradley got hurt in the early days of camp. Its not like he went down in December like Welker. He should be ready to roll by September. I thought Jordan looked pretty good. He will probably be the Will. I don't know what they'll do at strongside. I didn't see anything memorable about Foiku. Gocong is adequate for the few snaps a game where three linebackers are actually on the field. It would be nice to see a veteran backup brought in in case Bradley has a setback in his recovery. Trotter was brutal early on, but once he got in game shape he had a few strong moments. Don't get me wrong, Trotter is pretty slow, but he is average enough to be a backup. I think his starting days are long over.On the other hand, if what I read in the IDP forum about Kirk Morrison is accurate, I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in. he's a big guy who would look great at any of the three spots and can play on passing downs.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/10026369624

Eagles agree to 3 year, $10-plus mil deal with FB Leonard Weaver, highest ever for a FB. More than half deal is guaranteed.
Looks like he is going to be invled in the run game more since they gave him that money
Yes, pretty good indication that he is going to be used much more. He might have some decent fantasy value next year.
thats what we thought about greg jones too though.

unless your league has a FB spot, then no. Reid still runs the team, they won't run enough to warrant Weaver getting playing time on a fantasy team

I posted this in the Kampman thread but I'll post it hear too since some were clamoring for Kampman. I personally can't see why a team would give a guy like Kampman big money with the very real prospect of no football in 2011. With the injury recovery, this year is a throw away year, no football in 2011 possibly, so the first real return on the investment might not come until 2012. With '09 a waste due to the position change and injury, that's nearly 4 yrs removed from when Kampman was a productive football player. And he'll be 33 yrs old.

I think the Eagles are trying to approach this season with the thought that there will very likely be no football in 2011. It's just a guess but I think they will proceed cautiously and sign no one older than 30 to longer than a 1 yr deal. They tried hard for the one guy they wanted in Peppers but when they missed out, they scaled back and will look to sign some guys(RB, LB, DE) to one yr deals. If they can pry away one of the young restricted guys they might give out big money. However, for what's out there in UFA, I really have no problem with what their doing.

I'd like to see the trade for Donte Whitner. Guy has some talent and it's possible he could be had on the cheap. The Bills need a QB, why not a Vick for Whitner swap?

I'd like to see the trade for Donte Whitner. Guy has some talent and it's possible he could be had on the cheap. The Bills need a QB, why not a Vick for Whitner swap?
This is the first I've heard about Whitner. Not doubting but a link for more info?ETA: Went to the Eagles' board and found the link to PFT about Whitner. However, as one poster mentioned, he lost the starting job last year under Jauron's watch. Doubtful he'll endorse a trade for him now.

This is the first I've heard about Whitner. Not doubting but a link for more info?ETA: Went to the Eagles' board and found the link to PFT about Whitner. However, as one poster mentioned, he lost the starting job last year under Jauron's watch. Doubtful he'll endorse a trade for him now.
i meant to say, 'a trade" I'm only saying that is what I would like to see as an Eagle fan. Need an answer at safety- sick of the shuffling. Not sure Demps or Macho Harris is anything more than 3rd safety material

I am trying to figure out what is going on with the Eagles and the NFL. Someone please help. I have a hard time believing that there will be no football in 2011. Are they (owners and players) really stupid enough to throw BILLIONS of dollars away? I just can not see it happening. So I am assuming there will be no work stoppage. With that in mind when I look at the Birds I see 2 clear options the team can take and another "undecided" option.

1. Keep McNabb and give him an extension. This means you are good enough to be making a Super Bowl run. Also means you are aggressive in free agency trying to get over the hump.

2. Kolb is the man and he will lead the youth movement. McNabb goes and Eagles look for up and coming free agents or trades.

3. "Undecided" All 3 QB's are on the roster and no extensions given. What does this mean? Eagles front office can't figure out what the hell is going and the team is stuck being good but not good enough.

My preference is option 2. I have seen enough of the Reid McNabb show to believe that together they will never win a championship. My biggest fear is that option 3 will play out. Anyone have any ideas or info that can give us hope for the future?

I am trying to figure out what is going on with the Eagles and the NFL. Someone please help. I have a hard time believing that there will be no football in 2011. Are they (owners and players) really stupid enough to throw BILLIONS of dollars away? I just can not see it happening. So I am assuming there will be no work stoppage. With that in mind when I look at the Birds I see 2 clear options the team can take and another "undecided" option. 1. Keep McNabb and give him an extension. This means you are good enough to be making a Super Bowl run. Also means you are aggressive in free agency trying to get over the hump.2. Kolb is the man and he will lead the youth movement. McNabb goes and Eagles look for up and coming free agents or trades. 3. "Undecided" All 3 QB's are on the roster and no extensions given. What does this mean? Eagles front office can't figure out what the hell is going and the team is stuck being good but not good enough.My preference is option 2. I have seen enough of the Reid McNabb show to believe that together they will never win a championship. My biggest fear is that option 3 will play out. Anyone have any ideas or info that can give us hope for the future?
I'll address the first part. I've heard(and I could be wrong as I haven't researched it for a definitive answer) that the owners stand to pocket $5 billion from DirecTV regardless of whether there is football or not. Thus the talk of no football.

I am trying to figure out what is going on with the Eagles and the NFL. Someone please help. I have a hard time believing that there will be no football in 2011. Are they (owners and players) really stupid enough to throw BILLIONS of dollars away? I just can not see it happening. So I am assuming there will be no work stoppage. With that in mind when I look at the Birds I see 2 clear options the team can take and another "undecided" option. 1. Keep McNabb and give him an extension. This means you are good enough to be making a Super Bowl run. Also means you are aggressive in free agency trying to get over the hump.2. Kolb is the man and he will lead the youth movement. McNabb goes and Eagles look for up and coming free agents or trades. 3. "Undecided" All 3 QB's are on the roster and no extensions given. What does this mean? Eagles front office can't figure out what the hell is going and the team is stuck being good but not good enough.My preference is option 2. I have seen enough of the Reid McNabb show to believe that together they will never win a championship. My biggest fear is that option 3 will play out. Anyone have any ideas or info that can give us hope for the future?
I'll address the first part. I've heard(and I could be wrong as I haven't researched it for a definitive answer) that the owners stand to pocket $5 billion from DirecTV regardless of whether there is football or not. Thus the talk of no football.
Wow. If that is true it is criminal.

It's not entirely true. The $5 billion is essentially just a loan that would need to be paid back via reductions in future TV deals.

It's not entirely true. The $5 billion is essentially just a loan that would need to be paid back via reductions in future TV deals.
COrrect, but it does move some of that pressure to the players. As a double whammy, if a deal were done later, the lower TV money would have to be accounted for...meaning less money available for the players (assuming a deal similar to the last, where players are paid based on league income.)

I'm totally OK with this and glad we didn't sign him. I'm thinking after seeing our inactivity this FA period that McNabb leaving is a must. Had we inked a combination of Peppers, Rolle, Dansby etc then I would have been OK with bringing him back. As it stands today we should cut ties with him.

The Witherspoon move is a head scratcher to me and brings me to a guy like Kevin Curtis. What is his status with the team? He signed a pretty nice size deal and with Jackson, Maclin and Avant I don't know where he fits in at WR.

Channel 6 reported (during their 6pm newscast) that the Eagles will pick up Michael Vick's $1.5 million option. . . . should really get interesting now.

Channel 6 reported (during their 6pm newscast) that the Eagles will pick up Michael Vick's $1.5 million option. . . . should really get interesting now.
I think this was a given...they may just keep him, and take whatever compensatory pick they get after he leaves next year

Users who are viewing this thread