What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2011 Philadelphia Eagles Thread*** (1 Viewer)

There is no way they pass on Bowers unless they took him off their board for his knee. Cameron Jordan?

How about trading Kolb for a 2012 first, then using that pick to get CB Janoris Jenkins in the supplemental draft? Everything I've read says he's a first-round caliber talent. Would be a way to get value for Kolb that can help us this year.
Or trade Kolb for a 2012 first and trade that for a 2011 2nd

J Peters LT

Herremans LG

J Jackson C

M McGlynn RG?

Watkins RT?

Just heard AR say he thinks he will play guard may shuffle things around. Might mean Herremans moves to R Tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Highest selected Gaurd ever? Pouncey beat him about an hour ago. So there's at least one. Anywho, Watkins in tough and athletic. He was a fireman in British Columbia for 4 years after high school. And I've never heard of a big fire in British Columbia. Ever.

He's a tough SOB with a first round grade. We need one of those since Runyon retired.

I prefer Watkins to any of the Tackles left. Still need a CB though.

Reading more on Carimi vs. Watkins - Carimi is the better run blocker, while Watkins is considered the better pass blocker. FWIW.

From the draft thread:

Watkins is older and is Canadian, Baylor had an assistant coach who had ties to Canada whose name escapes me. I remember when they recruited him they thought they had a diamond in the rough and he proved to be so. Baylor hardly ever has great offensive lineman(Jason Smith the exception) but Watkins is athletic and versatile enough to play any position on the line. I was always impressed with his run blocking ability and actually think he would be a better guard in the NFL than tackle. I think Philly will try him at tackle and he's athletic enough and definitely used to an athletic QB in Robert Griffin who is faster than Vick at this point. Fellow players and coaches always talked about his intelligence and when I've heard him in interview I was always impressed with how bright he was, intelligence is definitely something you can't under-value in an offensive lineman and I think he'll pick the system up quick and be a consistent player that will prove to be a good pick for Philly.
Thanks a ton for your assessment. Great posting.
The OP watched him a ton at college

Horrible pick. What else is new. Fat man needs to go. and what does a fireman have to do with playing in the NFL? I know, absolutely nothing!!!!

I am done. They will never win with the Fat Man involved with this team :hot:

'Fire the Fat Man said:
'zadok said:
This is only the 2nd OLine 1st rounder in Reids tenure. Andrews was a total stud; when sane.
But the pick ended up being a total fail
Yeah, multiple pro bowls, all pro, what a fail. Obviously it would be great if he never flaked out. Quit trolling.

'Fire the Fat Man said:
'zadok said:
This is only the 2nd OLine 1st rounder in Reids tenure. Andrews was a total stud; when sane.
Yeah, multiple pro bowls, all pro, what a fail. Obviously it would be great if he never flaked out. Quit trolling.
Your first round pick plays 3 seasons when he should have played for like 8, yup that is a fail. no trolling here. You just can't handle the truth

'Fire the Fat Man said:
'zadok said:
Your first round pick plays 3 seasons when he should have played for like 8, yup that is a fail. no trolling here. You just can't handle the truth
:eyeroll:Forget the fat man, YOU'RE fired.

'Fire the Fat Man said:
'zadok said:
:eyeroll:Forget the fat man, YOU'RE fired.
Nope. I still have my job

Unless he is our starting center day one this was a HUGE mistake.

Jackson can't be counted on and mcglynn is expected to move to guard this year.

THERE IS NO WAY THIS GUY AT 6'3 CAN PLAY TACKLE.

He has to basically be Pouncy from Pittsburgh for this to be a good move. He'll be 27, yes.... 27.
Dont worry alot of fan and such will burn their brain trying to explain how this is a good pick.2nd round pick? maybewho am i kidding, a 27 year old should not be a 1st round pick at all for the shear fact you are losing 4-5 years of potential playing time.

Users who are viewing this thread