What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2012 Boston Red Sox Thread *** (4 Viewers)

not for nothing but is it really bobby v's fault?
As much as I'd like to say yes, it really isn't. He's got nothing to work with. Lots of injuries and that pen is complete trash.
Pen could be a whole lot better with Bard back there.
he wanted bard in the bullpen. the gm wanted bard in the rotation. the gm won
The whole team just feels different without Varitek and Papelbon there. It's a rudderless ship.

not for nothing but is it really bobby v's fault?
As much as I'd like to say yes, it really isn't. He's got nothing to work with. Lots of injuries and that pen is complete trash.
Pen could be a whole lot better with Bard back there.
he wanted bard in the bullpen. the gm wanted bard in the rotation. the gm won
The whole team just feels different without Varitek and Papelbon there. It's a rudderless ship.
Never thought I would miss Varitek's offense at catcher. Oof.THe worst thing the Red Sox can do is add on long term veteran salaries at this point.

Remember the Red Sux thread that was like 121 pages long two weeks into the season?

What a bunch of bandwagon fans, terrible. Can't get rid of them when they are winning, can't find them when they are losing.

Remember the Red Sux thread that was like 121 pages long two weeks into the season?What a bunch of bandwagon fans, terrible. Can't get rid of them when they are winning, can't find them when they are losing.
Posted on April 23rd and it was the last post in the thread until today. :lmao:

:Xthis team blows
They certainly aren't elite, but it is still way early in the year to write them off. If Ellsbury and Youkilis come back healthy they probably have the most potent offenses in the league. Even as they are now, they have scored the 2nd most runs per game.Obviously their pitching is a disaster so far though.

RIP :sadbanana:

I remember he used to give updates on Sporting News Radio from the Pats sideline for many years. Seemed like a nice guy.

Peter Gammons @pgammoAL East since August: TB 37-21, Balt 34-24, NY 32-26, Tor 30-27, Bo's 19-3817 1/2 G between Rays and Sox. Not media, not umps.Gammons is a big Sox fan, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Red Sox stink.

It is unbelievable how unlikeable this team is. There might be one guy on the whole team worth rooting for (Pedroia). Upper management is the absolute worst with the One-Eyed Bandit Lucchino pulling Dr. Creepy's strings.

I still watch them expecting things to change but at this point I would just favor blowing the whole thing up. Not sure if they could get anything for Youkilis but even so just don't pick up his option for next year. Beckett absolutely needs to be traded, don't care if it is for 25c on the dollar.

The Red Sox stink.It is unbelievable how unlikeable this team is. There might be one guy on the whole team worth rooting for (Pedroia). Upper management is the absolute worst with the One-Eyed Bandit Lucchino pulling Dr. Creepy's strings. I still watch them expecting things to change but at this point I would just favor blowing the whole thing up. Not sure if they could get anything for Youkilis but even so just don't pick up his option for next year. Beckett absolutely needs to be traded, don't care if it is for 25c on the dollar.
I think management expected these guys to be professionals and work their asses off to prep after the 2011 collapse. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Only changing the Manager wasn't the right move, the clubhouse needed some shaking up player wise as well. Couldn't agree more with the unlikeable comment, outside Ortiz(who came in in great shape) and Pedroia not a very likeable bunch. A-Gon is a great player but he's just to meh in the accountability and leadership departments. It's the apathy that frustrates the fans, if they seemed as pissed off as we do things wouldn't seem so bad(and hopeless).

The Red Sox stink.It is unbelievable how unlikeable this team is. There might be one guy on the whole team worth rooting for (Pedroia). Upper management is the absolute worst with the One-Eyed Bandit Lucchino pulling Dr. Creepy's strings. I still watch them expecting things to change but at this point I would just favor blowing the whole thing up. Not sure if they could get anything for Youkilis but even so just don't pick up his option for next year. Beckett absolutely needs to be traded, don't care if it is for 25c on the dollar.
I think management expected these guys to be professionals and work their asses off to prep after the 2011 collapse. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Only changing the Manager wasn't the right move, the clubhouse needed some shaking up player wise as well. Couldn't agree more with the unlikeable comment, outside Ortiz(who came in in great shape) and Pedroia not a very likeable bunch. A-Gon is a great player but he's just to meh in the accountability and leadership departments. It's the apathy that frustrates the fans, if they seemed as pissed off as we do things wouldn't seem so bad(and hopeless).
Having $60M worth of players on the DL isn't helping matters.I think the likeability gripes are probably as much about fried chicken, beer, September 2011 and Francona's departure as anything that's happening on the field this year. They'll diminish if the Sox can string a few wins together.

Having $60M worth of players on the DL isn't helping matters.I think the likeability gripes are probably as much about fried chicken, beer, September 2011 and Francona's departure as anything that's happening on the field this year. They'll diminish if the Sox can string a few wins together.
Agree that winning will definitely cure all but the apathy of the current roster isn't helping matters.

The worst thing though is that you would think that having $60M worth of players of the DL is a bad thing but in the case of the Sox, a lot of that money is tied up in Lackey, Dice-K and Fat Bobby Jenks. Of course they also have Crawford and Ellsbury on there but still doesn't give me much hope. I'm still not confident in the time table with Crawford because of the elbow and knowing the Sox doctors, he will probably come back and then find out he needs surgery the next week.

I think the likeability gripes are probably as much about fried chicken, beer, September 2011 and Francona's departure as anything that's happening on the field this year. They'll diminish if the Sox can string a few wins together.
There's a story I just found about Beckett playing golf on Thurs, 2 days prior to pulling out of his start due to shoulder soreness.Valentine hasn't taken a side on the issue, as he's 'sorting out his feelings' on it.

I think the likeability gripes are probably as much about fried chicken, beer, September 2011 and Francona's departure as anything that's happening on the field this year. They'll diminish if the Sox can string a few wins together.
There's a story I just found about Beckett playing golf on Thurs, 2 days prior to pulling out of his start due to shoulder soreness.Valentine hasn't taken a side on the issue, as he's 'sorting out his feelings' on it.
do you think Glavine and Smoltz only played golf during the off-season? :shrug:

I'm not taking sides...Kruk agreed it was no story....just saying its in the Boston news...back to your point about what happened off the field last year.

I'm not taking sides...Kruk agreed it was no story....just saying its in the Boston news...back to your point about what happened off the field last year.
The local media is a beast that must be fed. If I was Valentine, I'd be hoping for a long Celtics playoff run.

I can't lie... seeing Beckett get booed off the mound at home in the 3rd inning gave me an erection.

Nobody I hate more in all of sports. Hope he drives into a ditch on the way home.

beckett should retire if he doesnt wanna play baseball anymore. what a loser and a bad influence on the rest of the team obviously

Normally I discourage piling on but Beckett and absent Red Sox fans deserve the absolute worst. :thumbup: You wanted Francona and Theo out? Wa la. You thought Lester and Bucholtz were the next Maddux and Glavine? Oops.I remember #### like this, wasn't long ago:

'[icon] said:
'JZilla said:
My best advice to all is to ignore the Red Sox fans and their tendency to piss all over everybody
:goodposting:Wilked... excellent job stirring the red sox hate up without even talking about the sox OR the yankees. :thumbup:Well done sir. :banned:
Mr red Sux [icon] with one post in this thread, Wilked pitching the shutout. Can't say enough about the most obnoxious Red Sox fans, they are everywhere when they are winning and underground when they are losing. Can't wait until the sellout streak ends this year, gonna be epic. :thumbup:

Serious question, are the MIA sox fans still actively posting on the site at all.

If so and they've bailed on the thread so be it.

But their fair weather fandom won't be forgotten

2007 Red Sox thread

[icon] who had every other post in that thread, still posts here

Wilked not around as much

Alias suspended, using a different user name now

Balco is around

Sea Bass RIP

Da Raiders is still around

Moops went back to the Yankeees or Twins, or whatever of his five favorites are doing well

HellToupee posts a lot

Pat Patriot probably defending his property or quoting the constitution

Pats 3 in 4 not sure

Yudkin no idea

Nigel suspended? Haven't seen this guy for awhile

That's off the top of my head.

2007 Red Sox thread

Balco is around

Sea Bass RIP

Moops went back to the Yankeees or Twins, or whatever of his five favorites are doing well

HellToupee posts a lot

Pats 3 in 4 not sure

Yudkin no idea

:lmao: icon posts like 500 times a day in the apple thread.

2007 Red Sox thread

Balco is around

Sea Bass RIP

HellToupee posts a lot

Pats 3 in 4 not sure

Yudkin no idea

Finless rehab

2007 Red Sox thread

Balco is around

Sea Bass RIP

HellToupee posts a lot

Pats 3 in 4 not sure

Yudkin no idea

What do the fans call these type guys up there...pink hats?

'Doctor Detroit said:
'Kraft... said:
Can't wait until the sellout streak ends this year, gonna be epic. :thumbup:
sellout streak :lmao: Smoke and mirrors
:goodposting:
Even their own are turning on them in New England: The consecutive home sellout streak that started in May, 2003, is on life-support. Only by finessing numbers relating to comp tickets and tickets sold have the Red Sox been able to keep it going.
My linkI was only half-kidding when I said that, holy crap. :shock:

Nice sweep of the Tribe though, thanks. :thumbup:

Two-week thread bump :tumbleweed:

Upton alluding to some Boston fans calling him the N-word tonight and throwing a beer at him after the brawl.

This is a few weeks after Boston fans took that word to twitter after Ward eliminated the Bruins.

Classy fan base. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread