What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2012 MLB Regular Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Unpack this Texas collapse for me... it feels like they had a huge lead...Oakland will be in the drivers seat tomorrow you figure...
Lead was never more than 6.5. It's just they have been in first since game four.
If you multiplied the 6.5 by 2 youd be right :thumbup:
Wait... you guys aren't just fishing Bogart? :unsure: He was talking about the division lead. There are more than two teams in the division. The AL West is small, but not that small.

Unpack this Texas collapse for me... it feels like they had a huge lead...Oakland will be in the drivers seat tomorrow you figure...
Lead was never more than 6.5. It's just they have been in first since game four.
Wait... you guys aren't just fishing Bogart? :unsure: He was talking about the division lead. There are more than two teams in the division. The AL West is small, but not that small.
:confused: They had a 13 game lead over Oakland who is the team that just won the division

:confused: They had a 13 game lead over Oakland who is the team that just won the division
The Rangers division lead was never more than 6.5 games. The Rangers lead over the A's was 13 games on June 30.

Both of these statements are factual.

'shadyridr said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
'shadyridr said:
Wow, had no idea they were that far back at one point. :o
Bogart didnt either
My linkShow me where the division lead was more than 6.5.

'shadyridr said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
'shadyridr said:
Bogart didnt either
What the division lead, over any / all 2nd place teams, was irrelevant when the team that was at one time in 3rd and 13 back is the team that caught them.

Bogart didnt either
Okay

Bogart didnt either
Okay
The division lead on that day was 6.5 over LAA. I made the comment that Texas never had a bigger lead over the division than 6.5.Yes, Oaklland made up 13 games, but the division is more than 2 ####### teams.

Bogart didnt either
Okay
The division lead on that day was 6.5 over LAA. I made the comment that Texas never had a bigger lead over the division than 6.5.Yes, Oaklland made up 13 games, but the division is more than 2 ####### teams.
That's kind of the point.

Bogart didnt either
Okay
CONGRATULATIONS FOR NOT BLOWING A 6.5 GAME LEAD OVER LA!

The Rangers division lead was never more than 6.5 games. The Rangers lead over the A's was 13 games on June 30. Both of these statements are factual.
I thought this put the confusion to bed a couple days ago. My initial assumption that you guys were/are fishing Bogart must have been correct...

Chipper Jones.

Career .930 ops.

The numbers: Jones hitting left-handed: .304/.405/.542. Hitting right-handed: .305/.391/.499.

What it means: There have been 106 switch-hitters in history who came to the plate at least 5,000 times. Only two of them hit .300 or better from both sides. One was Frankie Frisch, whose career ended 75 years ago. The other: Chipper Jones.

Got that from some article.

Insane. Bat .300 from both sides of the plate in the bigs.

Great ride watching Chipper on those 4pm starts on TBS (West Coast) during the 90's when I was a teenager.

Jeter and Chipper are the legends from this most recent era. Well done. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread