What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**2015 MLB Season Thread: This is how the chapter ends (1 Viewer)

Wow -

MLB Communications @MLB_PR

LAD INF Utley has been suspended for Games 3 & 4 of NLDS as a result of his illegal slide in the 7th inning on Sat.

--

So a slide that warrants a 2 game suspension results in no consequence during the game. They even called him safe when he didn't even touch the bag.

I would be furious if I were a Mets fan.
That is NHL style punishment. Basing it off the injury as opposed to the play. If Tejada doesn't break a leg, he doesn't get suspended. And suspending him now when there is a video of him doing this a few weeks ago 5 feet off the bag. At least this time, he actually went over the bag.

Utley's slide was dickish but suspending him is hilarious. Agree with SportsHenry, very NHL-like.

Make a rule, enforce it, make it transparent to the player, the league and the fan. The Utley slide was dirty, suspend him forever or not at all if you can't come up with an established set of rules.

Wow -

LAD INF Utley has been suspended for Games 3 & 4 of NLDS as a result of his illegal slide in the 7th inning on Sat.

--

So a slide that warrants a 2 game suspension results in no consequence during the game. They even called him safe when he didn't even touch the bag.

That is NHL style punishment. Basing it off the injury as opposed to the play. If Tejada doesn't break a leg, he doesn't get suspended. And suspending him now when there is a video of him doing this a few weeks ago 5 feet off the bag. At least this time, he actually went over the bag.
Wat?

Wow -

--

Wat?
Did you miss his left arm going over second base?Compare that to this one. http://www.gaslampball.com/2015/10/11/9497057/chase-utley-dirty-slide-jedd-gyorko

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow -

--

Wat?
Did you miss his left arm going over second base?Compare that to this one. http://www.gaslampball.com/2015/10/11/9497057/chase-utley-dirty-slide-jedd-gyorko
This one was worse than the Mets one. At least the Mets one he could touch second base.

League Champ business update, now that we're down to 4:

Cubs: 48%

Royals: 19%

Mets: 22%

Jays: 11%

Note (NVoice)...this is Postseason product only, which is around 75% of the total sales.

That % is lower in TOR, because they buy/sell a TON of jerseys. So overall %, TOR is higher.

Bottom line is no option is bad at this point. The end # will be WAY up from last year.

But if the Cubs win...could be record-setting.

Users who are viewing this thread