What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 MLB Regular Season-All over but the shouting (1 Viewer)

rodg12 said:
whoknew said:
Of the four teams remaining, which squad has the best manager? Has to be Baltimore, no?
I think it's St Louis but I'd take any of them but Yost.
I like Bochy the best of the 4, but it's close.But, yeah, Yost is clearly 4th. Argument could be made for any of the other 3.
Yost is the worst manager. The Royals are clearly the worst team. Yet here they are, 8 innings away from the WS. And still haven't lost a game.

:rant:
I don't think the bolded is true. Lots of talent on that team.
No. There's really not.
:lmao:

I'm assuming this world series will faceoff with the lowest combined win total by what? 20 games? 88 and an 89 win team. Crazy.

culdeus said:

I'm assuming this world series will faceoff with the lowest combined win total by what? 20 games? 88 and an 89 win team. Crazy.
If the Giants win, the combined win total will only be one less than 2006.

culdeus said:
with two wld cards this gonna happen more often. Especially this year when every team had major flaws (except washington i guess).

Doctor Detroit said:
Ratings are gonna suck IMO. Hopefully it goes seven and it's dramatic, not sure I care who wins.
Baseball only has itself to blame for these crappy ratings. To watch one of these incredibly long games you have to be a fan of one of the teams, a true diehard, or dead and laying on your recliner and nobody has been over to find you yet.

NFL is doing something similar with all their damn commercials but they have a more compelling product to sell.

Seriously driving home from work today I thought I had missed game 1. Went to check my phone. Starts tomorrow. :mellow:

Let the Joe Maddon speculation begin
Cubs beat writers are all over this. "Sources" already suggesting Cubs are willing to buy out Reteria's contract and make their move.

Buster Olney was thinking out loud about the Astros and Cubs and said the Cubs make more sense because they're on the cusp of being a long-term powerhouse.

I had to change my underwear.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some rumors about Oscar Taveras hitting twitter right now... I really really hope they aren't true.

Re: Multiple tweets are saying that his agent is reporting that he has died in the DR in a car accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I was looking at it from general public view. A very large percent would recognize the Monster and the Ivy. I can't imagine many people would know what the hell that frieze is.
:goodposting:
:confused:
As someone who grew up in the Midwest and spent my first 37 years living there or South Carolina, I would say the frieze at the old Yankee Stadium is probably the most enduring and recognizable architectural feature of any sports stadium in North America.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/764383-mlb-ballparks-a-ranking-of-the-coolest-feature-of-every-stadium-in-baseball/page/29

In 2010, Yankees fans, many begrudgingly, migrated to a new Yankees Stadium. There are mixed opinions comparing old and new, and "Yoi'kas" are ever so adamant to their respective stance.

Thankfully, some elements of the old stadium shine through in the new edition; the most critical was the single most defining characteristic of Yankees Stadium and baseball in New York.

The lattice work.

Lattice work is perfectly replicated at the new location, rimming the outfield wall just like the original park. the design is also seen serving as an overhang from locations above the infield seating.

Whether they prefer new or old, this critical, historical element of Yankees baseball continues to live on into the future decades.

More than the "Green Monster" or any modern monuments to the game, this design will always be associated with Yankees Stadium, home of the most successful team in MLB history.
Wah? Seriously? I've always noticed it but had no clue what it was even called.

In areas like this, I revert to the wife test...

"Do you know what the green monster is in baseball?"

Wife: "it's the really big wall in Boston, right?"

"Do you know what the frieze is in baseball?"

Wife: "go cut the grass"

Never heard it called that and never thought of it as recognizable.
You Yankee fans need to get over yourselves. Ive been a pretty big baseball fan my entire life and I can honestly never even knew this "frieze" was a "thing". I barely recognize the site of it and never heard the word in my life. Love 'em or hate 'em, the rocks/waterfall in Anaheim, the pool in Arizona, the train in Houston, McCovey cove, the arch in St Louis, the slide in Milwaukee, the warehouse in Camden Yards, the roof in Toronto, hell - even the spinning fish in Florida are all much more recognizable than some dumb white fence thing that Ive never noticed or heard of.
Watched the Pinstripe Bowl this weekend with a large group of people. They showed the fence thing a couple times. I asked if anyone knew that this was a special thing. They seemed confused. I asked if it was as recognizable as the the green monster or the ivy fence. They laffed.

I guess I was looking at it from general public view. A very large percent would recognize the Monster and the Ivy. I can't imagine many people would know what the hell that frieze is.
:confused:
As someone who grew up in the Midwest and spent my first 37 years living there or South Carolina, I would say the frieze at the old Yankee Stadium is probably the most enduring and recognizable architectural feature of any sports stadium in North America.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/764383-mlb-ballparks-a-ranking-of-the-coolest-feature-of-every-stadium-in-baseball/page/29

In 2010, Yankees fans, many begrudgingly, migrated to a new Yankees Stadium. There are mixed opinions comparing old and new, and "Yoi'kas" are ever so adamant to their respective stance.

Thankfully, some elements of the old stadium shine through in the new edition; the most critical was the single most defining characteristic of Yankees Stadium and baseball in New York.

The lattice work.

Lattice work is perfectly replicated at the new location, rimming the outfield wall just like the original park. the design is also seen serving as an overhang from locations above the infield seating.

Whether they prefer new or old, this critical, historical element of Yankees baseball continues to live on into the future decades.

More than the "Green Monster" or any modern monuments to the game, this design will always be associated with Yankees Stadium, home of the most successful team in MLB history.
Wah? Seriously? I've always noticed it but had no clue what it was even called.

In areas like this, I revert to the wife test...

"Do you know what the green monster is in baseball?"

Wife: "it's the really big wall in Boston, right?"

"Do you know what the frieze is in baseball?"

Wife: "go cut the grass"

Never heard it called that and never thought of it as recognizable.
You Yankee fans need to get over yourselves. Ive been a pretty big baseball fan my entire life and I can honestly never even knew this "frieze" was a "thing". I barely recognize the site of it and never heard the word in my life. Love 'em or hate 'em, the rocks/waterfall in Anaheim, the pool in Arizona, the train in Houston, McCovey cove, the arch in St Louis, the slide in Milwaukee, the warehouse in Camden Yards, the roof in Toronto, hell - even the spinning fish in Florida are all much more recognizable than some dumb white fence thing that Ive never noticed or heard of.
Watched the Pinstripe Bowl this weekend with a large group of people. They showed the fence thing a couple times. I asked if anyone knew that this was a special thing. They seemed confused. I asked if it was as recognizable as the the green monster or the ivy fence. They laffed.
You watched the Pinstripe Bowl?

Eeph- If you haven't been playing in a college bowl pool that allows you to agonize over the Pinstripe Bowl outcome while sipping Egg Nog at Aunt Rose's house, you haven't been living all those years to the fullest.

Users who are viewing this thread