What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2013 Seattle Seahawks **** (2 Viewers)

Thoughts as Seahawks cut Owens, Lutui

By Mike Sando | ESPN.com

Initial thoughts on the Seattle Seahawks' moves as the mandatory reduction to 75-man rosters approaches Monday:

[*]Deuce Lutui appeared likely to earn a roster spot, but things changed when rookie seventh-round pick J.R. Sweezy made a surprisingly quick conversion from college defensive lineman to NFL guard. Sweezy suddenly looks like a strong candidate to supplant incumbent John Moffitt as the starting right guard. That made Lutui expendable. Also, Lutui wasn't ideally suited for the Seahawks' zone blocking scheme. He probably would have helped most in pass protection. I think Lutui could help someone. Seems like St. Louis could stand to check him out, at least.

[*]Alex Barron's release makes available a veteran tackle with talent and a history of inconsistent play. I thought Barron looked good early in camp. Arizona has obvious needs at tackle. Barron is probably more talented than other players available at this time. We'll have to see if that changes as teams reduce their rosters. Barron can play both tackle spots. He's spent the past month working against Seattle's pass-rushers in practice. He has fared pretty well at times, too. Arizona faces those same pass-rushers in Week 1.

[*]Terrell Owens' name was on the cut list, as expected. Braylon Edwards' emergence played a role in Owens' departure.

[*]Cornerback Roy Lewis played nearly a quarter of the Seahawks' defensive snaps last season. The team waived him with an injury designation. Lewis could land on injured reserve if he clears waivers. Or, the team could reach an injury settlement with him, allowing Lewis to sign with Seattle or another team once he's healthy.

[*]Anthony McCoy seemed to help his cause at tight end against Kansas City on Friday night. He looks like the favorite to become the third tight end now that the team waived/injured Cameron Morrah.

[*]Pep Levingston and Jameson Konz also received the waived/injured designation. Levingston impressed during pass-rush drills at times, but Clinton McDonald and others have offered more.

[*]I'll be curious to see whether receiver Phil Bates lands on the practice squad. Also waived: tackle Edawn Coughman, cornerback Donny Lisowski, cornerback Ron Parker and running back Tyrell Sutton.

[*]Seattle now has 77 players on its roster, by my count. The team must reduce to 75 by Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Placing offensive lineman James Carpenter on the reserve/physically unable to perform list appears likely.

Back to watching the San Francisco 49ers against the Denver Broncos. More in a bit.

Thoughts as Seahawks cut Owens, Lutui

By Mike Sando | ESPN.com

Initial thoughts on the Seattle Seahawks' moves as the mandatory reduction to 75-man rosters approaches Monday:

[*]Deuce Lutui appeared likely to earn a roster spot, but things changed when rookie seventh-round pick J.R. Sweezy made a surprisingly quick conversion from college defensive lineman to NFL guard. Sweezy suddenly looks like a strong candidate to supplant incumbent John Moffitt as the starting right guard. That made Lutui expendable. Also, Lutui wasn't ideally suited for the Seahawks' zone blocking scheme. He probably would have helped most in pass protection. I think Lutui could help someone. Seems like St. Louis could stand to check him out, at least.

[*]Alex Barron's release makes available a veteran tackle with talent and a history of inconsistent play. I thought Barron looked good early in camp. Arizona has obvious needs at tackle. Barron is probably more talented than other players available at this time. We'll have to see if that changes as teams reduce their rosters. Barron can play both tackle spots. He's spent the past month working against Seattle's pass-rushers in practice. He has fared pretty well at times, too. Arizona faces those same pass-rushers in Week 1.

[*]Terrell Owens' name was on the cut list, as expected. Braylon Edwards' emergence played a role in Owens' departure.

[*]Cornerback Roy Lewis played nearly a quarter of the Seahawks' defensive snaps last season. The team waived him with an injury designation. Lewis could land on injured reserve if he clears waivers. Or, the team could reach an injury settlement with him, allowing Lewis to sign with Seattle or another team once he's healthy.

[*]Anthony McCoy seemed to help his cause at tight end against Kansas City on Friday night. He looks like the favorite to become the third tight end now that the team waived/injured Cameron Morrah.

[*]Pep Levingston and Jameson Konz also received the waived/injured designation. Levingston impressed during pass-rush drills at times, but Clinton McDonald and others have offered more.

[*]I'll be curious to see whether receiver Phil Bates lands on the practice squad. Also waived: tackle Edawn Coughman, cornerback Donny Lisowski, cornerback Ron Parker and running back Tyrell Sutton.

[*]Seattle now has 77 players on its roster, by my count. The team must reduce to 75 by Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Placing offensive lineman James Carpenter on the reserve/physically unable to perform list appears likely.

Back to watching the San Francisco 49ers against the Denver Broncos. More in a bit.
I'm surprised he's still playing. I feel sorry for any team that needs to rely on him.

Terrell Owens cut; This is probably the end of the line

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

We can probably start the five-year clock ticking down to one of the more interesting Hall of Fame discussions in recent history. Terrell Owens was released by the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday. It's hard to imagine him getting another legitimate chance in the NFL.

When T.O. signed with the Seahawks, we said it was the best possible fit for him. Pete Carroll gave Owens a legitimate chance to compete at a position that needed help. Owens wasn't up to the challenge.

The decision doesn't come as a surprise. We noted Friday night that Braylon Edwards was besting Owens in the battle for a job.

Ultimately, Owens couldn't even crack the top 75 players on the Seahawks. It's a sad way to go out, but this is probably the end for him.

Some other quick thoughts on the Owens move:

1. Edwards' roster spot in Seattle seems secure. He's made enough plays down the field to indicate he can help the Seahawks. Edwards seems to be battling Golden Tate for a starting job. Don't bet against Braylon.

2. The release of Owens is a good sign for receiver Sidney Rice's health. If the Seahawks were worried about Rice, they may have at least held on to T.O. until final cuts.

3. T.O. did not seem to be on the same page as his quarterbacks. His release makes a lot of sense when you are likely planning to start a rookie at quarterback. That's one less distraction for Russell Wilson to deal with.

Some random thoughts on yesterday's game.

With Seattle's chosen team philosophy there's is less room for error. They want to play great team defense. They want to milk the clock running the ball. They want to remove the quarterback from the equation if possible. Remove? Well, we all know that can't happen, but they certainly are trying to lessen the impact of the quarterback on the overall game plan.

Offense:

* Play calling didn't attempt to take advantage of the Arizona blitzes. They were daring Seattle to take chances down field on the outside and it just didn't happen.

* Offensive line didn't handle the blitzes, but I don't know that it was fair to ask them to do that given the first point above.

* WRs didn't get separation when facing single coverage. That Peterson kid is a good one at CB for the Cardinals.

* Wilson's attempted pass in the flat was an abomination. Yuck.

* Wilson's interception down field? That's a tough call. Someone really screwed that pooch. WR ran the wrong route? Wilson shouldn't have lobbed it deep?

* Really surprised we didn't see more roll outs to get away from the blitzes.

* Lynch looked himself. If he was ailing I couldn't tell.

* Seattle worked hard to get the ball to Rice early. I think he had the first four or five targets in the game, but he disappeared on the final possession. Coverage rolled towards him? Regardless, no other WR stepped up and made a play. Both Baldwin and Edwards had TDs in their hands.

* Wilson played well enough to win, but its a team game. Really though, this can be said of most of the position groups, but each had their failings that overall led to a loss. Wilson's turnovers? WRs dropped TDs? Defensive lack of pass rush?

Defense

* Stuffed the run like I expected (less than 50 yards). Might want to think twice about starting any RB against Seattle's front seven (8 if you included Bam Bam Kam).

* Pass rush is still a major issue. Kolb killed them with one drive. They had chances to get to him, but after having to be on the field for more than a few plays they suddenly lost their energy and the pass rush disappeared. It allowed Kolb to quickly move the Cardinals down field for the winning score. Of note, Clemons got paid and is still producing just like the past two years. Rookie Bruce Irvin was getting swallowed up by larger OTs having little chance to get around the outside.

* CB Richard Sherman is the real deal. His ball skills are worth noting. That INT on the sideline would have been high light material for a WR (yes, Sherman was a WR early in his college career).

* TEs will have a chance to destroy Seattle. Chancellor doesn't have the quicks to stay with most TEs in the NFL. Yes, he brings the hammer to the run defense, but after seeing Heap leave him behind I cringe to think what Walker and Davis will do to him when they face SF.

Random thoughts.

* Mebane looks like a pro-bowl DT. I hope he gets the recognition this year.

* I still have doubts about the pass rush. Getting all those sacks was great last week against GB, but allowing STL to convert 5 of 5 third and long situations was upsetting. Bradford had plenty of time to survey the field.

* The idea that we're going to physically dominate other teams has me debating. We want guys like Giacomini to be nasty and stuff, but is it worth it getting those two 15 yarders? Yes, Seattle's offensive line has blocked well in the run game, and that takes a certain attitude, but... I dunno.

* Turbin looks like gold as the backup to Lynch. Steal.

* Wilson? Ugh. I hope, but I also doubt. Those two INTs towards McCoy and Baldwin weren't his fault, but the other one was 100% on him. That's the kind of huge error this team can't afford.

Great win by the Hawks Sunday. Defense is ranked #1 and Bruce Irvin is on pace for 14.5 sacks :football: after many thought he was a reach. :lmao:

Ok, we're 9 games into the season and are at 5-4. When the schedule came out I was thinking I'd be pretty happy with the first half at 4-4 (which was correct, but with two losses to the wrong teams) and I'm feeling a 6-4 start into the first ten as I can't imagine a scenario where the Jets actually beat us at home.

Here's a quick look at the rest of the schedule:

@ Miami

@ Chicago

Arizona

@ Buffalo

San Francisco

St. Louis

I think we have the home Arizona and St. Louis games. I see the Chicago game as a loss. Miami comes off our bye week so I'm hoping we are well rested and travel well for that one to eek out a win. This puts us at 9 wins with Buffalo (away) and the 49ers at home.

Are my homer glasses on too tight, or do we have a real shot at 10 wins? If we get to 10 I think we're in the playoffs....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Seattle CBs Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner facing 4-game suspensions for violating performance enhancing drug policy.
Huge blow to the Seahawks playoff chances. Link added.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000100629/article/richard-sherman-brandon-browner-facing-suspensions
They are going to appeal but after that ugly loss against the Dolphins I'm kind of hoping they don't. We need to shake up the defense and get more creative because that "so vanilla it works" system we're running sucks.

What the #### is going on here?

I've thought long and hard about the Seahawks' problems: It used to be widely thought that our offense was the reason we were not reaching 'elite' status. Now, I really don't know if that's true, look how our defense has been playing, especially, in the last half of games.

It was blatantly obvious to me during the Dolphins game that we weren't being aggressive enough on offense. Who is to blame here? Is it Bevel, Carroll, or both?

One thing is certain: we are blatantly lacking a certain attitude and personality on the team. With one of the best secondaries in the league, how in the hell are we not a QB's worst nightmare.

Come on guys, share your thoughts, this is driving me insane!

What the #### is going on here?I've thought long and hard about the Seahawks' problems: It used to be widely thought that our offense was the reason we were not reaching 'elite' status. Now, I really don't know if that's true, look how our defense has been playing, especially, in the last half of games.It was blatantly obvious to me during the Dolphins game that we weren't being aggressive enough on offense. Who is to blame here? Is it Bevel, Carroll, or both?One thing is certain: we are blatantly lacking a certain attitude and personality on the team. With one of the best secondaries in the league, how in the hell are we not a QB's worst nightmare.Come on guys, share your thoughts, this is driving me insane!
First, a quick review of Pete's scheme.1. The offense is highly geared toward running the ball and owning time of possession.2. Our defensive scheme to stop the run and limit downfield strikes, meaning that teams will need to complete lots of short passes to get into the endzone.I think here's where it is going "wrong" - the offense is too dumbed down for Russell Wilson. He's capable of much more but the rest of the offense hasn't had this installed. We can also blame this on splitting reps in camp too. - the defense stopping the run is too tightly coupled with Red Bryant's health. He was hurt last week and it showed, which also caused confusion on a few LB/SS reads where they came up to help and ended up getting burned for long strikes down the field. - the LBs are either young (Wright, Wagner) or on their way out (Hill) which allows us to get chewed up in the short middle of the field. Again, this means bringing Chancellor up and potentially getting burned long. - our pass rush is predicated on a very vanilla scheme which means the opposing O-line doesn't have to "think" as much about what is going on. There is a strong correlation between Gus Bradley's defense and the amount of false starts at home because all the opposing O-line needs to be concerned with is the snap, not what defender just repositioned and what that might mean for his assignment. - for the worse, Russell hasn't done too much audibling at the line. Again, I think this is more about Bevell's offense and their ability to be able to be audibled to, rather than a limitation on Russell.Going forward I think they will need to open up the offense a lot more, but that in turn may very well cause miscommunication with the WRs. That will manifest into more INTs which will make Wilson's stats look bad but really shouldn't be on him (something that most advanced stats still cannot account for).On the defensive side, they'll need to get more creative with their pass rush, especially if Sherman and Browner are suspended. I expect more problems with screens and seam routes because of this, however we'll get more sacked against lesser QBs.In all, I'm very pessimistic about our game against the Bears and 49ers but still think we beat the Rams, Cards and Bills. We'll end the season at 9-7 and probably just out of the playoffs which will piss everyone off but we did make big strides even if it only meant two more wins. With this same team and another year in the system I think we could have gone 11-5 in 2012. It's a moot point, but our inexperience is the only thing holding us back this year.

Ok, we're 9 games into the season and are at 5-4. When the schedule came out I was thinking I'd be pretty happy with the first half at 4-4 (which was correct, but with two losses to the wrong teams) and I'm feeling a 6-4 start into the first ten as I can't imagine a scenario where the Jets actually beat us at home.Here's a quick look at the rest of the schedule:mad: Miami@ ChicagoArizona@ BuffaloSan FranciscoSt. LouisI think we have the home Arizona and St. Louis games. I see the Chicago game as a loss. Miami comes off our bye week so I'm hoping we are well rested and travel well for that one to eek out a win. This puts us at 9 wins with Buffalo (away) and the 49ers at home.Are my homer glasses on too tight, or do we have a real shot at 10 wins? If we get to 10 I think we're in the playoffs....
This Seattle team is a very frustrating team this year--I think the youth of the team shows. They seem to get pumped up for big games (the reason we're competitive against good/great teams, but then don't show up for teams where the game should be in our favor (Miami, St. Louis, Cards).I'm seriously hoping we don't come out flat against Arizona tomorrow. Or at the very least, I'm hoping the defense shows back up tomorrow because I have a feeling the Arizona defense is going to be ready for this one.

I'm seriously hoping we don't come out flat against Arizona tomorrow. Or at the very least, I'm hoping the defense shows back up tomorrow because I have a feeling the Arizona defense is going to be ready for this one.
:goodposting:Won't be surprised no matter what happens tomorrow.I'm excited to see the young CBs get a chance. I'm not a fan of Browner. I love that he plays all out all the time, but at times I think he's a liability.

I'm a pretty big Seattle fan, but I sure as hell didn't see today coming. The question of the day is "How the hell did this Cardinals team beat us in week 1?"

LINK

49ers-Seahawks game moves to Sunday Night Football

NEW YORK (AP) -- The 49ers-Seahawks game that could decide the NFC West is moving to prime time.

The NFL said Monday that San Francisco's matchup with Seattle on Dec. 23 would be on NBC's ''Sunday Night Football.'' The San Diego Chargers and New York Jets were originally in that slot, but both teams have losing records.

Starting in Week 11, the league's flexible scheduling policy allows it to move a more appealing game to Sunday night. This is the first time this season a switch has been made.

The 49ers are 9-3-1 heading into their trip to New England for the first of what will be two straight Sunday night appearances. The Seahawks are 8-5 and play Buffalo in Toronto this weekend.

Another matchup with major playoff implications, Giants-Ravens, shifts to 4:25 p.m. EST on Fox in Week 16. The Chargers-Jets game moves to 1 p.m. on CBS.

49ers lose the next 2 games and Seahawks win out taking the #2 seed in the NFC.
Actually we'd also need a Giants loss and a Packers loss too, I believe.In other words, we're not going to get all of that to happen, especially since winning the remaining 3 games is going to be challenging enough. I do think we're playoff bound however and possibly even the #5 seed.I'm just happy we broke the 7-9 record, since so many pundits were expecting another losing year.

The odds aren't that far fetched for Packers and Giants to each lose 1 out of their last 3 games, but really I'm just being hopeful with the #2 seed. We'll make the playoffs and I think we have a good shot at taking the division.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not at all counting on the #2 seed. I'm worried about Buffalo, and then SF. In case you guys haven't noticed, this team has been really good at booting 10am road games, and SF is still a damn good team.

Just make the playoffs and hope to get hot.

People are only concerned with the BUF game because its an away game, but they will win with the run. The SF game is at home and we all know how the Hawks play at home.

I'm not at all counting on the #2 seed. I'm worried about Buffalo. In case you guys haven't noticed, this team has been really good at booting 10am road games
Luckily, this is a 4 p.m. (Eastern time) kickoff in Toronto. I'm still worried, but the late-starting east coast game in a dome, a 2 hour drive from Orchard Park, gives Seattle every advantage possible for a road team.

Interesting read

Tossing the "e" word around
An elite team doesn't lose to that Miami team. I don't care if it was on the East Coast, what time it was, blah, blah, blah. An elite team means that for every opponent I (and the collective fanbase) feel we *should* win, and in some cases expect it. If I search my gut, I'm concerned we come out flat against Buffalo after such a huge win in week 14. Elite teams would never do that.Maybe we if hang 30 on the Bills I'll start feeling a little better, but then again the very next week we'll play SF and I know that isn't anywhere near a gimme, even if it's at home.

The crowd at the Clink had better be ready to yell the entire time the SF offense is on the field for that one. No more of this yell when they start walking to the line crap...

Interesting read

An elite team doesn't lose to that Miami team. I don't care if it was on the East Coast, what time it was, blah, blah, blah. An elite team means that for every opponent I (and the collective fanbase) feel we *should* win, and in some cases expect it. If I search my gut, I'm concerned we come out flat against Buffalo after such a huge win in week 14. Elite teams would never do that.Maybe we if hang 30 on the Bills I'll start feeling a little better, but then again the very next week we'll play SF and I know that isn't anywhere near a gimme, even if it's at home.

The crowd at the Clink had better be ready to yell the entire time the SF offense is on the field for that one. No more of this yell when they start walking to the line crap...
By the way, I love Kenneth's writing so this isn't at all on him or the FG community (I'm there often enough to know they don't see the Hawks as an elite team). I'm all for viewing the team as an "arrow pointing up" team, but we need to maintain some rationality here. There isn't another fanbase that would consider the Seahawks elite. Not even the Cards, who we just humiliated.

People are only concerned with the BUF game because its an away game, but they will win with the run. The SF game is at home and we all know how the Hawks play at home.
throw out the home field advantage when it comes to SF. What has made the Seahawks a good road team this year (not necessarily in terms of wins and losses - but they have been very competitive in each road game) - is exactly what makes SF a good road team: a tough DEF, good running game and an opportunistic and efficient passing game. It would not surprise me to see a similar game as we saw in SF - although I see Kaepernick starting for the 49ers an advantage for the 'Hawks - hopefully enough to get the win.

Interesting read

http://www.footballo...dvoa-games-everLook at the best ever list. Look at a game in 1994 where the 7-9 Philadelphia Eagles beat the 49ers, who ended up winning the last game of that season. Sometimes really good teams lose to really mediocre teams. Any given Sunday and all that. The Miami loss proves just about as much as the New England win.

I have no idea if the Seahawks are the 2nd best team in the NFL right now like DVOA says, but teams with bad losses get hot at the end of the season and go on playoff runs from time to time. The Giants, for example. The Seahawks could do that. Who knows? I don't.

I'm hearing we'll finally get to Seattle in the full wolf grey uniforms this weekend. Good or bad?
Awful. Flat out awful. *I wish they'd lock down the away uni with blue pants (though the grey pants is better than white on white) and the only other uniform is the ####### throwback jerseys at home. * I felt similar when the new blues came out but after seeing them in action I have really started to like them, a lot. So it's possible I'll like it but I think it will just be awful, collegiate, boring and will be one and done like the lime greens.

I'm hearing we'll finally get to Seattle in the full wolf grey uniforms this weekend. Good or bad?
Awful. Flat out awful. *I wish they'd lock down the away uni with blue pants (though the grey pants is better than white on white) and the only other uniform is the ####### throwback jerseys at home. * I felt similar when the new blues came out but after seeing them in action I have really started to like them, a lot. So it's possible I'll like it but I think it will just be awful, collegiate, boring and will be one and done like the lime greens.
Thats funny, I thought white on white was :hifive: :moneybag: :2cents: :moneybag:

Thats funny, I thought white on white was :hifive: :moneybag: :2cents: :moneybag:
You would. I'm happy to have as much distance between our tastes as possible.

You would. I'm happy to have as much distance between our tastes as possible.
Feeling is mutual. :hifive:

Ok, we've had 50+ points two weeks in a row. SF this week at home is a real test of where we stand leading into a potential (maybe even likely?) playoff game.

What is the over/under for points this week for the Seahawks offense?

This is the first game in a long time that I'm really concerned we are riding too high a wave and got too much national attention for such a young team. Are we in for a massive letdown? I'm hoping SF is too drained from their impressive win against NE...

Ok, we've had 50+ points two weeks in a row. SF this week at home is a real test of where we stand leading into a potential (maybe even likely?) playoff game.What is the over/under for points this week for the Seahawks offense?This is the first game in a long time that I'm really concerned we are riding too high a wave and got too much national attention for such a young team. Are we in for a massive letdown? I'm hoping SF is too drained from their impressive win against NE...
Not sure what Vegas would set the line at but I would take the over. Russell Wilson doesn't get too high or too low....we will win.

This is what it felt like back in 1983. For those too young to remember, the 83 Seahawks built a monster defense. Curt Warner the first was just a rookie and Seattle was primed to set the NFL on fire much like Wilson is doing now. At the start of the 1984 season Seattle was the favorite in Vegas to win a super bowl. Several of those guys from that 83 team have their name in the ring of honor. They were a special group. Seeing Kam destroy Davis last night instantly reminded me of Easley.

The win in Miami during the 83 playoffs is still my favorite Seattle win in the team's history, but that game last night is easily a top 5 game from my memories.

Enjoy this team while it lasts Seahawk fans. Not For Long = NFL for most franchises. I hope this team can keep it going. :thumbup:

'Hooper31 said:
This is what it felt like back in 1983. For those too young to remember, the 83 Seahawks built a monster defense. Curt Warner the first was just a rookie and Seattle was primed to set the NFL on fire much like Wilson is doing now. At the start of the 1984 season Seattle was the favorite in Vegas to win a super bowl. Several of those guys from that 83 team have their name in the ring of honor. They were a special group. Seeing Kam destroy Davis last night instantly reminded me of Easley. The win in Miami during the 83 playoffs is still my favorite Seattle win in the team's history, but that game last night is easily a top 5 game from my memories. Enjoy this team while it lasts Seahawk fans. Not For Long = NFL for most franchises. I hope this team can keep it going. :thumbup:
I was 4 in 1983, so that's a bit before my time - but the feeling that:a) we can run the ball on youb) our QB isn't elite, but is very goodare very similar to how I felt in 2005. The big difference is that I feel like on a good day our defense can shut down anybody, anytime.

How cool is it that there's five or so threads on the first page talking about the Seahawks? And that we just ran off 100 unanswered points?

'Hooper31 said:
This is what it felt like back in 1983. For those too young to remember, the 83 Seahawks built a monster defense. Curt Warner the first was just a rookie and Seattle was primed to set the NFL on fire much like Wilson is doing now. At the start of the 1984 season Seattle was the favorite in Vegas to win a super bowl. Several of those guys from that 83 team have their name in the ring of honor. They were a special group. Seeing Kam destroy Davis last night instantly reminded me of Easley. The win in Miami during the 83 playoffs is still my favorite Seattle win in the team's history, but that game last night is easily a top 5 game from my memories. Enjoy this team while it lasts Seahawk fans. Not For Long = NFL for most franchises. I hope this team can keep it going. :thumbup:
I still have a scrapbook with all the newspaper clippings from that game vs the Dolphins. Seahawks would have easily got to the Super Bowl in 1984 had they had homefield, so that loss in week 16 at home to the Broncos was so devastating. I really didn't think anyone could have beaten them in Seattle that year, but John ####### Elway did it anyway. Terrible. Not sure they would have beat the 49ers that year, but they should have been there. 1983 to me was the most memorable season, even more so than 2005. 1983 was the year people actually acknowledged Seattle had a NFL franchise. And yes the defense with Green, Nash, Bryant, Easley, Brown and Harris was silly.

How cool is it that there's five or so threads on the first page talking about the Seahawks? And that we just ran off 100 unanswered points?
:thumbup:I've had the same thought. Most years there's perhaps one thread, but only if one of us starts it and tries to keep it on the front page. It's a cool feeling knowing that our team is currently relevant.

Seahawks would have easily got to the Super Bowl in 1984 had they had homefield, so that loss in week 16 at home to the Broncos was so devastating. I really didn't think anyone could have beaten them in Seattle that year, but John ####### Elway did it anyway. Terrible.
I was 15. Shed more than a few tears that year for Warner. How stupid powerful would that offense have been if he doesn't blow the knee? They might have been the greatest show on turf 15 years earlier than the Rams.
1983 to me was the most memorable season, even more so than 2005.
This is very true for me too. That was a special time. Maybe because of my age, but it was the beginning of the franchise being seriously competitive. I got to grow up with this team. Watched the highs and lows. Won't ever forget rooting for Mudbone. He was such a rags to riches story. Nobody believed in him. Milton college? Where the hell is that? How many times did we get to have that conversation?

Users who are viewing this thread