What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official 2014 Philadelphia Eagles Thread ** (2 Viewers)

You guys are nuts if you wouldn't want Kap in this offense with Kelly
I think Russell Wilson would be a much better fit in a Kelly offense than Kaep. Mobility, speed, plus a passing accuracy level that's close to Foles.Kaep to me would be closer to how Vick runs the Kelly offense. Not bad, but not ideal.
Agreed on Wilson but that wasn't the discussion. Kap is a blend of Foles and Vick, he would be unstoppable in this offense with Kelly
That's the thing - I don't see the Foles part of the blend with Kaep.
Kaep completed 58% of his passes and averaged 199 ypg. I can't see him running a Kelly offense, being asked to pass more, and "going nuts". I don't think he's a bad QB but I think people think he's a better QB then he actually is. I personally don't see him and Wilson as even close when it comes to QB's. I'd take Wilson any day of the week over him. He's a smaller Kaep that does everything better IMO.

**ETA**

And Kaep is older then both Wilson and Foles
:goodposting:

Anyone else like to see the Eagles sign RFA Dan Bailey away from the Cowgirls? Kickoff stats are good not great at 63.5 touchback % but he is money from 55 and in and it hurts a division foe. Front loaded contract would be tough for the Girls to match.

Anyone else like to see the Eagles sign RFA Dan Bailey away from the Cowgirls? Kickoff stats are good not great at 63.5 touchback % but he is money from 55 and in and it hurts a division foe. Front loaded contract would be tough for the Girls to match.
Ouch. I would like this.

Love this idea. In the regular season finale, when the Cowboys got the ball back, I thought we are dead because Bailey's going to nail any field goal inside of 55 yards. Thankfully, Orton made sure that did not happen.

All of his FG's seem to go right down the middle. I would love that on the Eagles.

As far as a kicker goes I would just draft one in the 6th or 7th and bring in a bunch for workouts and pick the best one.

Love this idea. In the regular season finale, when the Cowboys got the ball back, I thought we are dead because Bailey's going to nail any field goal inside of 55 yards.
Exactly my thoughts. Wouldn't anyone want to take that from your competitor and have it yourself?

As far as a kicker goes I would just draft one in the 6th or 7th and bring in a bunch for workouts and pick the best one.
Or the fourth. :bag: :lol:

I don't think we will draft one solely based on the fact that we drafted Henery and Chip probably wants a reliable one without the risk.

While Bailey is an upgrade, he also gets to play in that dome type thing 8 times a year which probably inflates his numbers.

Also, like that Maclin is willing to accept a one year deal. Assume Eagles are the front runners for that given his familiarity with the organization and the fact that they are an explosive offense.

I have never been a fan of drafting Safeties early as their bust rate seems to be very high and many of the better ones have been found later I the draft. This years seems to fit my same opinions as I think there is good value to be had on waiting for safety.

I would like to see them go after Zimmerman & Sunseri in the mid rounds. Both could step in and start right away, and have the right attitude as they have held leadership rolls in the past.

Also, I think that Purify the CB from Florida had a down year like the rest of the team and could be great value where he is currently being rated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team now need to start declaring if their 2011 1st rounders are getting the 5th year option....

Man that 2011 draft is depressing :(

Does this shock anyone else as much as it does me? https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/20/early-2014-fantasy-football-rankings/

PFF's early 2014 redraft fantasy ratings for QBs are as follows: Manning, Brees, Rodgers ... and Foles at 4. Bear in mind these aren't dynasty rankings ... they're redraft rankings for next season only.

Now, I've been on board the Foles bandwagon since TC, but does it sound like a reach to anyone else to have him already ranked ahead of Cam and Stafford based on less than one full season as a starter? I think I'd put him at #7 for 2014, behind those two guys and Matt Ryan, but I'm interested in other homers' opinions here.

Does this shock anyone else as much as it does me? https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/20/early-2014-fantasy-football-rankings/

PFF's early 2014 redraft fantasy ratings for QBs are as follows: Manning, Brees, Rodgers ... and Foles at 4. Bear in mind these aren't dynasty rankings ... they're redraft rankings for next season only.

Now, I've been on board the Foles bandwagon since TC, but does it sound like a reach to anyone else to have him already ranked ahead of Cam and Stafford based on less than one full season as a starter? I think I'd put him at #7 for 2014, behind those two guys and Matt Ryan, but I'm interested in other homers' opinions here.
Pro-rated to a full year, he's probably in top 3, if not top 2 in quarterback scoring. I'm a little bummed. I was hoping to get good value from him next year.

Pro-rated to a full year, he's probably in top 3, if not top 2 in quarterback scoring. I'm a little bummed. I was hoping to get good value from him next year.
Long way to go from here to the draft. His value will drop the further away from the season we get and everyone forgets how awesome he was. I'm keeping him for a 12th in my league.

Long way to go from here to the draft. His value will drop the further away from the season we get and everyone forgets how awesome he was. I'm keeping him for a 12th in my league.
Don't forget to maybe factor in 250-300 rushing yards and 2-3 scores on the ground. This is more about Chip being in his 2nd year and the same for Foles being in the system. 4 seems a little high at first, but its not hard to make and argument for that spot.

I have never been a fan of drafting Safeties early as their bust rate seems to be very high and many of the better ones have been found later I the draft. This years seems to fit my same opinions as I think there is good value to be had on waiting for safety.

I would like to see them go after Zimmerman & Sunseri in the mid rounds. Both could step in and start right away, and have the right attitude as they have held leadership rolls in the past.

Also, I think that Purify the CB from Florida had a down year like the rest of the team and could be great value where he is currently being rated.
This is why I think its an absolute MUST that they sign a FA safety. I can't see them going into next season with 3 out of 5 DB positions being serious question marks.

I will be advocating Byrd as a Bird all offseason. Just an fyi.
I am a TJ Ward guy
If we go after a safety, I am in the Ward camp
I doubt they're going after either based on Howie's comments. Probably going after a few 26-28 year old lower priced guys. Similar to how we ended up with Chung and Philips from last year's free agency. I'm not sure who fits the mold of what they're looking for though.

Maybe one or two of the following guys: Stevie Brown, Mike Mitchell, Kendrick Lewis, Malcolm Jenkins. :shrug:

@Jeff_McLane: And #Eagles VP of Play Pers Tom Gamble has yet to intervew with #Dolphins/#Bucs for GM jobs, from what I can gather. As @AlbertBreer said, sense is that Gamble is staying put. As I reported before, his father, Harry, is ill and Tom returned partly to be near parents.

Terpman22 said:
Tom Gamble plans to stay in Philly :thumbup: per twitter/bleedinggreennation
Thats great news though it looks like Bill Lazor will be headed to Detroit to be Caldwell's offensive coordinator. I hope it doesn't cause a drop-off for Foles.

And speaking of Caldwell and seeing him and Whisenhunt get another shoot makes me grateful that Chip had a change of heart last season.

Terpman22 said:
Thats great news though it looks like Bill Lazor will be headed to Detroit to be Caldwell's offensive coordinator. I hope it doesn't cause a drop-off for Foles.

And speaking of Caldwell and seeing him and Whisenhunt get another shoot makes me grateful that Chip had a change of heart last season.
Well said. Though I think our "Plan B" guy (Gus Bradley) was a hell of a lot better than Caldwell, Munchak, Gruden, etc.

Terpman22 said:
Thats great news though it looks like Bill Lazor will be headed to Detroit to be Caldwell's offensive coordinator. I hope it doesn't cause a drop-off for Foles.And speaking of Caldwell and seeing him and Whisenhunt get another shoot makes me grateful that Chip had a change of heart last season.
You're not kidding, and it's a testament to Lurie too for not settling for named retreads or being cheap. But Jim Caldwell?! :lol: I would completely abandon that team if I were a fan, and they have every right to, what a mess. I wonder if Cleveland can top that?!

Terpman22 said:
Thats great news though it looks like Bill Lazor will be headed to Detroit to be Caldwell's offensive coordinator. I hope it doesn't cause a drop-off for Foles.And speaking of Caldwell and seeing him and Whisenhunt get another shoot makes me grateful that Chip had a change of heart last season.
You're not kidding, and it's a testament to Lurie too for not settling for named retreads or being cheap. But Jim Caldwell?! :lol: I would completely abandon that team if I were a fan, and they have every right to, what a mess. I wonder if Cleveland can top that?!
What if they hired the coach they just fired back? That'd be epic.

Terpman22 said:
What if they hired the coach they just fired back? That'd be epic.
That would be great and with Banner you never know. Thank God Gamble is staying. With him, Chip, and even Howie the window is starting to open up again.

I actually like the idea of keeping Cole for 2014. You only save $1.8 million by cutting him. 2015 ($11.6 cap number / $8.4 million in cap savings) is when money gets to be a problem. If you draft an OLB this year, he can sit and learn for a year behind Cole and you can still rotate him in on passing downs to just pin his ears back and get to the QB. Cole's still a good run defender and turned it on the second half of the season. I think at this point, Graham and Curry are more likely to be cut/traded than Cole.

I actually like the idea of keeping Cole for 2014. You only save $1.8 million by cutting him. 2015 ($11.6 cap number / $8.4 million in cap savings) is when money gets to be a problem. If you draft an OLB this year, he can sit and learn for a year behind Cole and you can still rotate him in on passing downs to just pin his ears back and get to the QB. Cole's still a good run defender and turned it on the second half of the season. I think at this point, Graham and Curry are more likely to be cut/traded than Cole.
Hopefully Graham. Some say he needs to play more but he hasn't shown anything. I would like to see Curry on the field more just to get a gauge of can he hack it or not.

Terpman22 said:
You're not kidding, and it's a testament to Lurie
All things considered Lurie has been a terrific owner.

Good point about Cole. But cutting Graham wouldn't save any money and Curry would save less than 500K. I don't think Graham is bad, just in a bad situation especially in the 3-4. I trust Chip/Howie but I also think Graham has some value on the trade market although the Eagles will probably have to take a discount to get rid of him.

Good point about Cole. But cutting Graham wouldn't save any money and Curry would save less than 500K. I don't think Graham is bad, just in a bad situation especially in the 3-4. I trust Chip/Howie but I also think Graham has some value on the trade market although the Eagles will probably have to take a discount to get rid of him.
I think a few of those guys fit the description of "tremendous talents that may not fit scheme wise" that Howie or Chip mentioned a few days ago. I think a trade would be more likely than a release.

I still contend the reason Cole isn't a great fit is because how he looks in space. He is a great 34 olb run defender and can still get to the quarterback, but his play in space makes the uncertainty of where the rush may be coming from a little more certain.

He was the #2 QB in terms of PPG in his games as a starter. Even if you take away a few of the TDs against the Raiders.

He'll throw fewer TDs and more INTs next year for sure, but he has a pretty big cushion before you get to #5. On the other hand... his 2013 numbers were with Cooper/Avant/Ertz/Celek as his options after Desean and it was Foles' first year in the system. So if the Eagles upgrade their receiving corps and get another guy who isn't reliant on the scheme to get open he might actually get a boost.

As for #4... I'm not sure I love anyone in that 3-5 area after Peyton and Rodgers, but I'd rather have Foles at #6-7 than anyone else.

his leadership would be nice to have as well with such a young group.

He was the #2 QB in terms of PPG in his games as a starter. Even if you take away a few of the TDs against the Raiders.

He'll throw fewer TDs and more INTs next year for sure, but he has a pretty big cushion before you get to #5. On the other hand... his 2013 numbers were with Cooper/Avant/Ertz/Celek as his options after Desean and it was Foles' first year in the system. So if the Eagles upgrade their receiving corps and get another guy who isn't reliant on the scheme to get open he might actually get a boost.

As for #4... I'm not sure I love anyone in that 3-5 area after Peyton and Rodgers, but I'd rather have Foles at #6-7 than anyone else.
I'm actually taking the over on the TD's. Chip really seems to trust him down there and he made all the right decisions. I cauld see him exceeding 30 passing TD's next year with him being more compfortable with the offense and growing as a QB

I'm actually taking the over on the TD's. Chip really seems to trust him down there and he made all the right decisions. I cauld see him exceeding 30 passing TD's next year with him being more compfortable with the offense and growing as a QB
Read my mind. I can see a 30/12 season, which I would be VERY happy with.

Read my mind. I can see a 30/12 season, which I would be VERY happy with.
The biggest change I see with Nick from a fantasy perspective would be the rushing yards. I would expect them to take a decent dip going forward. I do think a lot of the play design was for Vick or a Vick type but I expect that to change with how Foles emerged.

Sorry... should have said his TD rate will drop. Obviously if he gets 500+ attempts he'll have a solid chance to have more TDs. My current guess for next year is...

541 dropbacks

41 sacks

500 attempts

320 completions

27 TDs

11 INTs

Sorry... should have said his TD rate will drop. Obviously if he gets 500+ attempts he'll have a solid chance to have more TDs. My current guess for next year is...

541 dropbacks

41 sacks

500 attempts

320 completions

27 TDs

11 INTs
I have no issues with that projection on 1/15/14, even though I see that as his floor for next season.

I'm going to wait and see who they add in FA and the draft as well as the reports about how he's looked in camp. If he improves in getting rid of the ball quicker (which I believe is doable) and shows a better understanding of the offense he could very well enter the Top 5 or 3 next season IMO. Obviously a bit has to happen for him to do that but I believe it can be done.

Looks like Lazor is gone now to be OC of the Dolphins. Hopefully Foles doesn't take a step back without him and that Kelly had as much to do with his emergence. Good for Lazor though, especially not having to go to Detroit :)

541 dropbacks

41 sacks

500 attempts

320 completions

27 TDs

11 INTs
If Foles keeps getting sacked on 8% of his dropbacks, I don't know if he'll stay upright long enough to get to 500 pass attempts next season. This isn't the Cunningham days where the QB is running for his life two seconds after the snap; Foles took 28 sacks last season and IMO half of them were on him.

If there's one thing he needs to put a lot of work into this offseason, it's recognizing pressure and knowing when to just throw the ball away.

Users who are viewing this thread