What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

12 team PPR, very flexible lineups. Start-up just ended.

Gave:

Joseph Randle (11th)

DMC (13th)

Maxx Williams (9th)

Got:

Devin Funchess (8th)

Devonta Freeman (12th--I'm the Coleman owner as well)

Niles Paul (late pick--I'm the Reed owner)

12 team PPR

Benjamin,Kelvin WR CAR, Graham,Jimmy TE SEA

for

2016 Rnd 1 pick from Beaver Point , 2016 Rnd 1 pick from Jesse and the Rippers , Olsen,Greg TE CAR, Fitzgerald,Larry WR ARI

One pick is likely top 5 the other is likely 11-12
Benjamin/Graham but close
It's close enough that I can't call a side
Pretty much how I feel. If I have a chance in the next year or two, I take Benjamin/Graham. If I'm rebuilding, I'd take the picks and try to flip Olsen/Fitz.
I'm on the other side of this one. Two best pieces are Benj/Graham. Each guy worth 2 future 1sts and the old guys don't come close to making up the difference.

12 team PPR

for

2016 Rnd 1 pick from Beaver Point , 2016 Rnd 1 pick from Jesse and the Rippers , Olsen,Greg TE CAR, Fitzgerald,Larry WR ARI

Benjamin/Graham pretty easy for me

12 team PPR

for

Pretty much how I feel. If I have a chance in the next year or two, I take Benjamin/Graham. If I'm rebuilding, I'd take the picks and try to flip Olsen/Fitz.
I'm on the other side of this one. Two best pieces are Benj/Graham. Each guy worth 2 future 1sts and the old guys don't come close to making up the difference.
I can certainly understand taking that side and using that logic, but I see it as:

Olsen + late 1st = Jimmy
Fitz + early 1st = Benjamin

Understand where people may view KB as worth more than a top 5 pick and Fitz has fallen out of favor for sure, but I think it's close. and frankly, I'm not all that sure I'd give Olsen and a 1st for Jimmy, depends on the league.

12 team PPR

for

I can certainly understand taking that side and using that logic, but I see it as:

Olsen + late 1st = Jimmy

Understand where people may view KB as worth more than a top 5 pick and Fitz has fallen out of favor for sure, but I think it's close. and frankly, I'm not all that sure I'd give Olsen and a 1st for Jimmy, depends on the league.
If those were 1st rounders this year and were known to be an early and a late then I'd be more apt to follow that logic. Even then I don't know any Graham owners that have yet been willing to trade him for an Olsen type and a late 1. I've tried. Fitz' value is in the tank and for now at least he's more of a throw in type guy rather than a player that garners much value. Even if you put a future 2 value on him, to me, that and a random (though possibly early future 16) is light for a guy that is commanding 2015 top 4 value.

12 team PPR

for

Olsen + late 1st = Jimmy

If those were 1st rounders this year and were known to be an early and a late then I'd be more apt to follow that logic. Even then I don't know any Graham owners that have yet been willing to trade him for an Olsen type and a late 1. I've tried. Fitz' value is in the tank and for now at least he's more of a throw in type guy rather than a player that garners much value. Even if you put a future 2 value on him, to me, that and a random (though possibly early future 16) is light for a guy that is commanding 2015 top 4 value.
Fair enough. I'm just taking what the dude says at face value. Plus I don't have Graham and Olsen that far apart in redraft, and Jimmy is less than 2 years younger.

This comes down to how you view Benjamin - I'd rather have a top 5 pick over him.

That leaves Graham for Olsen, Fitz, and a late 1st - not sure Graham is worth the upgrade over Olsen now that he's in Seattle.

This comes down to how you view Benjamin - I'd rather have a top 5 pick over him.

That leaves Graham for Olsen, Fitz, and a late 1st - not sure Graham is worth the upgrade over Olsen now that he's in Seattle.
Yeah this is how I broke it down and I would much rather have Benjamin than a projected top 5 pick.

Olsen and Fitz are nice players but hard to get any value from them in trades. Graham is still at the very least ahead of the TE3-12 group making that a tolerable price if not an excellent one

12 team PPR

for

Benjamin & Graham

Yeah this is how I broke it down and I would much rather have Benjamin than a projected top 5 pick.Olsen and Fitz are nice players but hard to get any value from them in trades. Graham is still at the very least ahead of the TE3-12 group making that a tolerable price if not an excellent one
Huh. I'd much rather have any top-5 pick than Benjamin. I see Benjamin struggling to maintain last year's performance. He just doesn't look remotely special to me.

Yeah this is how I broke it down and I would much rather have Benjamin than a projected top 5 pick.Olsen and Fitz are nice players but hard to get any value from them in trades. Graham is still at the very least ahead of the TE3-12 group making that a tolerable price if not an excellent one
Huh. I'd much rather have any top-5 pick than Benjamin. I see Benjamin struggling to maintain last year's performance. He just doesn't look remotely special to me.
I'm not sure why people keep talking like this is actually a top 5 pick. It's just projected to be a future top 5 pick which inherently is less valuable than a 2015 top 5 pick. I don't know anyone that's trading Benjamin for a future 1st even if they think it will be a top 5 2016 pick.

I'm not sure why people keep talking like this is actually a top 5 pick. It's just projected to be a future top 5 pick which inherently is less valuable than a 2015 top 5 pick. I don't know anyone that's trading Benjamin for a future 1st even if they think it will be a top 5 2016 pick.
I didn't go back and read the whole train of quotes. All I saw - and what I quoted - was someone saying they would rather have Benjamin than a projected top 5 pick. My comment wasn't an indictment of the trade - just a comment that I don't see Benjamin A's worth a top 5 pick.

I didn't go back and read the whole train of quotes. All I saw - and what I quoted - was someone saying they would rather have Benjamin than a projected top 5 pick. My comment wasn't an indictment of the trade - just a comment that I don't see Benjamin A's worth a top 5 pick.
Yeah not directed specifically at you. Just seems like folks are valuing projected future picks the same as known present picks in this instance for some reason.

Making a run at it, having regrets about the trade it's hard giving up so many picks for a couple of old backs.

got Foster, Forte, Kadeem Carey

gave 1.11, 2.8, 2.11, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd, Ladarius Green, Desmond Bryant

2016 picks should be late

12 team PPR

QB, 2RB, 3WR, RB/WR, TE, K, 3LB, 2DL, 2DB, D Flex

My roster before the trade

Ryan, Dalton, Manuel (WW add didn't draft him)

Forsett, Ellington, Asiata, Sproles, Oliver, Knile Davis, Rainey, Stacey, Khiry Robinson

Dez, Julio, AJG, Colston, Hawkins

JT, Fleener, Clay, Rivera, Ladarius Green

Wilkerson, Ansah, Desmond Bryant

Bowman, Worrilow, Freeman, Houston, Sio Moore, Barrington

Cyprien, EJ Gaines

16 Team, 1PPR, 1QB-2WR-2RB-2Flex-1TE (year 1, start up was a few months ago)

Team A: TY Hilton, Matt Jones, Michael Dyer

Team B: Sammy Watkins, 2nd, 3rd

Team A's core: Cam Newton/Ryan Tannehill, Mark Ingram-Duke Johnson-MJones-Ridley, TY Hilton-Emmanual Sanders-Steve Smith-GJennings, Dwayne Allen-Antonio Gates, 2016 1

Team B's core: Russell Wilson-Sam Bradford, Sammy Watkins-Nelson Agholor-Phillip Dorsett-Jaelen Strong-Quick, Tevin Coleman-Javorius Allen-Langford-Trich, Jimmy Graham-Eric Ebron, 2016 1/2/2/2/2/3/3

16 Team, 1PPR, 1QB-2WR-2RB-2Flex-1TE (year 1, start up was a few months ago)

Team A: TY Hilton, Matt Jones, Michael Dyer

Team B: Sammy Watkins, 2nd, 3rd

Team A's core: Cam Newton/Ryan Tannehill, Mark Ingram-Duke Johnson-MJones-Ridley, TY Hilton-Emmanual Sanders-Steve Smith-GJennings, Dwayne Allen-Antonio Gates, 2016 1

Team B's core: Russell Wilson-Sam Bradford, Sammy Watkins-Nelson Agholor-Phillip Dorsett-Jaelen Strong-Quick, Tevin Coleman-Javorius Allen-Langford-Trich, Jimmy Graham-Eric Ebron, 2016 1/2/2/2/2/3/3
Sammy

buck naked said:
12 team PPR

for

Benjamin & Graham
Benjamin and Graham.

I dont understand this trade at all for the team dealing them away. Let's say for the sake of argument that it's a perfectly equal value deal on both sides. He gets worse now, and not even sure about later with Olsen/Fitz aged out.

The deal makes perfect sense for the other team, plus I think the value is on that side.

And I would take Benjamin over a projected top 5 2016 1st easily.

Dezbelief said:
ex-ghost said:
Non ppr, not involved

Tannehill

For

2017 1st
Give me Tanny
especially over waiting two years. 12 team league I can see the logic in dumping a QB with the hopes of building in 2017 or adding trade bait, but I'm not too likely to acquire picks two years out for starting quality players.

12 team ppr

1.04, 3.04 (1.04 was OTC and White was available)

For

1.10, 2.05, 2016 1st (likely late)
If after the Parker news, I'd take the 1.10. Key move-up from 3.04 to 2.05 could be Dorsett/Ajayi and 2016 first in the pocket with still a shot to get Parker at 1.10. I'm not a big fan of White so to me anything in the top 10 is pretty equal after 1.03.
Parker went 8, Abdullah 9. I took Perriman at 10 over DGB, and got Funchess at 2.05.

Perriman, Funchess, and a future 1st for White and a 3rd.

I also got Strong at 12 and Josh Hill at 2.04.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dezbelief said:
ex-ghost said:
Non ppr, not involved

Tannehill

For

2017 1st
Give me Tanny
especially over waiting two years. 12 team league I can see the logic in dumping a QB with the hopes of building in 2017 or adding trade bait, but I'm not too likely to acquire picks two years out for starting quality players.
Is Tanny a starter with all that turnover at receiver for him. I mean I think they improved everywhere with the changes but is he better with all new players or do we see a slight regression?

I could go either way on this. I think Tanny is improving just not sure he is a starter in 12 team for me...

Team A gave- Deandre Hopkins

Team B gave- picks 1.10, 1.12

1/2 ppr
I think I would take the picks, but I am not super high on Hopkins. I trust my draft acumen more and think I could get some great players with 10 and 12.
Youe "draft acumen" is going to be very dependent on who 10 other owners take before you're even on the clock though. I'll take Hopkins. We've been a little spoiled by the last two drafts but late first round picks are far from sure things.
Of course, but I will take my chances.
I think I will also. I'll go with the picks there. Maybe even try and deal the picks for a player I like more than Hopkins. I am not as high on him as many.
Good luck dealing a 6th and 7th startup value in picks for a 2nd round startup.

Seen Hopkins traded for Calvin in a few leagues this year.

Seen Hopkins taken 15th, 18th and 20th overall in 3 startups this year so far.

TE premium (1.5 PPR)

Josh Hill for Phillip Dorsett
In terms of probability think either side has a roughly equal chance of winning this trade. However, if Dorsett side wins - likely to win big. So would prefer Dorsett side in most situations.

2 years ago that team set the record for fewest points scored. A long term rebuild plan that so far looks effective.
I am a HUGE fan of the major rebuilds when you don't feel your team is good enough to win the title.

They aren't for everyone though, clearly. Some people just can't stomach pissing away a season.
Actually the horsemen had a top 3 team 3 years ago. Then traded the whole team for the worst team in the league just to see if he could rebuild it. Complete team and asset swaps. Every player that started scoring points got traded for draft picks 2 years ago.
I just did this in a lower stakes league last year. It's going into year 5 now. I was a top 2 team for the first three years. In year 4 my season was going so-so, but I knew with age and not having that great of a team that trying to win that year would have been horribly detrimental to my team in the future. So I traded EVERYONE who had any current value. I mean everyone. I even traded my 2014 picks for better 2015 value. My team was royal poo this year and I was by far dead last, but I have a ton of 1sts this year, something like 1,2,4,6,8,9 plus some 2nds, plus some 2016 1sts. I ended up making some trades early on and some waiver moves and have some players like Hyde, CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Stewart, Josh Gordon, and a bunch of guys on my taxi squad like Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Ertz, Dwayne Allen, Travis Kelce, Ladarius Green, and other so so fliers like Blackmon, Charles JOhnson. Kendal Wright, Marquis Lee, Charles Sims, Alfred Blue, Allen Robinson......

Those players along withg my picks, and any deals I make, should put me right back in contention soon, assuming I don't blow all my picks and make bad deals.

Had I stuck with trying to win in 2013, I would have been screwed. I traded some guys who lost some major value that year, like Rice, Welker, Decker, among others. So I would have probably been the 6th seed and bounced out of the playoffs right away, plus sucked badly for several years after that. Nah, that aint for me. I knew it was mega rebuild time.
Actually it's going into year 6 now and since half the league are clueless in trading it makes it that much easier for a full rebuild as half the teams totally overpay for the current price of the players that get traded away and sometimes make horrific trades giving away their picks. Then once it is time to win again they make horrific trades giving away top 6 dynasty startup picks in Antonio Brown and Mike Evans for not even close to what they are worth at the time and end result you have a team that was able to rebuild their way into being handed championships. Congrats on taking advantage of the dumb dumbs.

ex-ghost said:
Non ppr, not involved

Tannehill

For

2017 1st
Slightly dependent on league format/roster size, but would lean towards the pick. Even if you know it is locked in as late (hard to project 2 years out), don't see Tannehill's ceiling breaking into that top 3-4 QB tier that justifies a heavy investment at the position. QBs 9 to toughly 15 are interchangeable this year and don't see this changing drastically in the future. A lot can also change in 2 years, so not knowing the exact roster very conceivable that pick could be early. Also frees up a roster spot to use for someone else.

.5 ppr idp (10 tm)

qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex

my tm not involved in this trade

1.2 rookie pick

for

Carlos Hyde

Andy Dalton

23rd overall pick rookie pick

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team Dynasty PPR, QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium. 3 year contracts, no salary

Team M gives: Cam, Sims

Team J gives: Flacco, Jonas Gray, Marquise Lee, two 2016 1st's (both mid-late)

Not involved.

Very deep 12 team PPR league QRRWWWTEFKD

Sent:

Jonathan Grimes

Louis Murphy

2016 2nd (projected late 19-24)

Rec:

Ronnie Hillman (own CJA)

Giants DST (every DST is owned)

2016 2nd (projected 13th-18th overall)

12 Team PPR

Demarco Murray

for

Carlos Hyde
Murray

Dezbelief said:
Making a run at it, having regrets about the trade it's hard giving up so many picks for a couple of old backs.

got Foster, Forte, Kadeem Carey

gave 1.11, 2.8, 2.11, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd, Ladarius Green, Desmond Bryant

2016 picks should be late

12 team PPR

QB, 2RB, 3WR, RB/WR, TE, K, 3LB, 2DL, 2DB, D Flex

My roster before the trade

Ryan, Dalton, Manuel (WW add didn't draft him)

Forsett, Ellington, Asiata, Sproles, Oliver, Knile Davis, Rainey, Stacey, Khiry Robinson

Dez, Julio, AJG, Colston, Hawkins

JT, Fleener, Clay, Rivera, Ladarius Green

Wilkerson, Ansah, Desmond Bryant

Bowman, Worrilow, Freeman, Houston, Sio Moore, Barrington

Cyprien, EJ Gaines
Seems like getting 2 good 2015 players for pretty cheap

TE premium (1.5 PPR)

Josh Hill for Phillip Dorsett
Dorsett

For

Projected mid first next year

Projected mid/high first next year

.5 ppr idp (10 tm)

qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex

my tm not involved in this trade

1.2 rookie pick

for

Carlos Hyde

Andy Dalton

23rd overall pick rookie pick

12 Team Dynasty PPR, QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium. 3 year contracts, no salary

Team M gives: Cam, Sims

Team J gives: Flacco, Jonas Gray, Marquise Lee, two 2016 1st's (both mid-late)

Not involved.
Bet you wish you were involved...seems pretty cheap for Cam

12 team, ppr

Gave:

Megatron

Got:

Melvin G

2016 1st & 2nd

It fit my needs to get younger and add a young possible rb1
Gordon/picks

Gave: Hilton

Got: Randle (NYG), 1.12, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd

He was not league champ, just owned the pick
Randle and the picks

Sent:

Jonathan Grimes

Louis Murphy

Rec:

Ronnie Hillman (own CJA)

So somebody was willing to give you your handcuff if you were willing to downgrade him in the second round?

In a 12 team league (even with deep benches) what good does Louis Murphy or Jonathan Grimes do him? This deal doesn't make any sense for your trade partner unless I'm missing something.

Sent:

Jonathan Grimes

Louis Murphy

Rec:

Ronnie Hillman (own CJA)

So somebody was willing to give you your handcuff if you were willing to downgrade him in the second round?

In a 12 team league (even with deep benches) what good does Louis Murphy or Jonathan Grimes do him? This deal doesn't make any sense for your trade partner unless I'm missing something.
Unless he's higher on Grimes than Hillman whose the 3 in Denver right now? I don't have Ball though.

Also unless he thinks his team isn't better than mine in the exchange of seconds.

Luis Murphy is depth but possibly his WR 6 or 7 - Start 4 a week.

Very top heavy league 3 great teams - 2 Really good, and then the rest it's hit or miss

Sent:

Jonathan Grimes

Louis Murphy

Rec:

Ronnie Hillman (own CJA)

Unless he's higher on Grimes than Hillman whose the 3 in Denver right now? I don't have Ball though.

Also unless he thinks his team isn't better than mine in the exchange of seconds.

Luis Murphy is depth but possibly his WR 6 or 7 - Start 4 a week.

Very top heavy league 3 great teams - 2 Really good, and then the rest it's hit or miss
Well obviously this is subjective but valuing Grimes higher than Hillman doesn't make much sense based on what we've seen and Louis Murphy is worthless in a 12 team league. An empty roster spot is worth more.

Users who are viewing this thread