What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

This message board is so fraught with non-forward thinking people it drives me nuts.
Was it your awesome forward thinking that caused you to bust out this same condescending and chest thumping schtick when people questioned your huge all-in calls on Montee Ball and Christine Michael? If so, I'll happily continue to anchor my valuations on actual NFL production and math.

If you trade Jeffrey for White, and White hits, then congrats! -- you probably just broke about even. Forward thinking...

Bruce Hammond said:
Gave : Gurley, Mason, 2016 3th

Got : Alshon 2.5 2016 1st and 4th
Ouch, give me Gurley over all that. Mason/3rd for free.
You must value Gurley as a top 5 Dyno player then? Or really not like Alshon?
Gurley will turn out to be a once in 6-8 year RB. Alshon is the 2nd best WR on his team.
L O L. L O L.ETA: Crown 'em!
LOL all you freaking want. It'll just make you look all the more foolish down the road.

ETA -- laughing at someone because you disagree with their opinion is uncool and immature.
I would hope that most in here have a little thicker skin than this?Anyhow, I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing at the value you're placing on Gurley. This would effectively mean he's worth a top 5 start-up pick and worth at least as much as Bell. Just not seeing it, at least not yet. Sorry.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Not intended.
It has nothing to do with my feelings or being thin skinned. It has to do with common courtesy, something that I shouldn't have to explain but apparently for some people it's necessary.

Yes I'd rather have Gurley than Bell. Better RB, no drug issues. Same as with White / A Jeffrey, it seems people are too enamoured with previous year stats to even consider they might not be the end all to evaluating players comparatively. I'd take Gurley over Bell in trade 10 times out of 10.
L O ...oops, can't use that one. Didn't realize that term which must not be used was "discourteous". Please no explanation needed.

This message board is so fraught with non-forward thinking people it drives me nuts. Jeffrey is not a top 10 dynasty WR. Not now with the drafting of White. His own team has said as much by using the pick on White.
So you got mad before and felt insulted by some one else laughing at your statement and now you fire back with this, an equally insulting statement?

Maybe some people think forwardly a bit differently than you do? Saying Jeffrey is not a top 10 WR because his team drafted some one could be just as shortsighted. Has every draft pick turned out exactly the way a team has planned it would? Could White be worth every bit of the value of that pick and still be behind Jeffrey? Has Jeffrey already shown he can be a top 10 WR even as a "second fiddle"?

Jeffrey is every bit the physical specimen White is, if not more, but fell in the draft due to concerns about his conditioning - a fear that has shown to be misguided thus far in his career.

Some people think they are so "forward thinking" but actually are falling victim to "shiny new toy syndrome" while casting off the superior toy. Taking White over Jeffrey right now and acting as if that's some no-brainer due to his draft position is ignoring some serious risk. A quick review of just the Bears first round picks alone should tell you that.
IMO Jeffery is overrated by those who consider him a top 10 dynasty WR for a number of reasons:

1. Fox will not likely throw the ball as often as Trestman did. Last year, Chicago attempted 609 passes. Fox's Denver offense with Manning threw the ball 607 times last year. Cutler is not Manning, and it seems likely Fox will revert to his prior tendency to prefer a more balanced attack. Fox has been a head coach for 10 seasons with Manning, and his teams averaged 475 passing attempts in those seasons. I assume Chicago will throw more often, but less than they have in recent seasons.

2. Out with Marshall but in with #7 pick White and Royal. This will result in more competition for targets. There is every reason to believe White will be better than Marshall was last season, and Royal should be a significant upgrade on the Bears' #3 WR. Last year, all WRs other than Marshall and Jeffery combined for just 68 targets. Royal could get that many by himself.

3. I agree with Bruce that the Bears drafting a WR at #7 absolutely lowers Jeffery's dynasty value. Sure, early draft picks bust sometimes. But, as of today, there is no reason to expect White to bust. WRs drafted in the top 10 who don't bust are often elite. In the past 5 years, the following WRs have been drafted in the top 10: Jones, Green, Blackmon, Austin, Evans, Watkins, Cooper, White. Blackmon is a bust due to a substance abuse problem, and we know of no similar issue with White. Obviously, there is a short track record with a lot of these guys so far, but it looks like a strong group.

4. There is a good chance Cutler will be out of Chicago after this season. If so, the QB situation beyond this year is an unknown. It could get better but it seems more likely to get worse due to the scarcity of even average QBs.

For those reasons, there are more than 10 WRs I would prefer to own in dynasty, including in no particular order: Calvin, Green, Jones, Dez, Brown, Beckham, Evans, Cooper, Thomas, Cobb, Hopkins, Cooks, Benjamin, and, yes, White. And it's not clear to me that Jeffery is the best guy in the next group (Jordy, Watkins, Hilton, Allen).

Last edited by a moderator:
This message board is so fraught with non-forward thinking people it drives me nuts.
Was it your awesome forward thinking that caused you to bust out this same condescending and chest thumping schtick when people questioned your huge all-in calls on Montee Ball and Christine Michael? If so, I'll happily continue to anchor my valuations on actual NFL production and math.

If you trade Jeffrey for White, and White hits, then congrats! -- you probably just broke about even. Forward thinking...
So your valuations based on NFL production and math are never wrong? I understand the negative reaction to Bruce's statement, but I don't think the fact that he may have missed on some calls in the past is meaningful. I'm not aware of anyone who has a perfect track record when making calls with conviction on rookies. Are you?

Was it your awesome forward thinking that caused you to bust out this same condescending and chest thumping schtick when people questioned your huge all-in calls on Montee Ball and Christine Michael? If so, I'll happily continue to anchor my valuations on actual NFL production and math.If you trade Jeffrey for White, and White hits, then congrats! -- you probably just broke about even. Forward thinking...
So your valuations based on NFL production and math are never wrong? I understand the negative reaction to Bruce's statement, but I don't think the fact that he may have missed on some calls in the past is meaningful. I'm not aware of anyone who has a perfect track record when making calls with conviction on rookies. Are you?
Of course no one is perfect. I'm certainly not. But the FF resume posting and posturing after taking such an extreme position and then calling someone else out for a LOL kind of rubs me the wrong way, hence the response.

Was it your awesome forward thinking that caused you to bust out this same condescending and chest thumping schtick when people questioned your huge all-in calls on Montee Ball and Christine Michael? If so, I'll happily continue to anchor my valuations on actual NFL production and math.If you trade Jeffrey for White, and White hits, then congrats! -- you probably just broke about even. Forward thinking...
Of course no one is perfect. I'm certainly not. But the FF resume posting and posturing after taking such an extreme position and then calling someone else out for a LOL kind of rubs me the wrong way, hence the response.
Then better to just say you don't like his statement than to go further and bash him for past missed calls when, as you admit, we all make them.

Bruce has a pretty good track record around here IMO, so I think it is reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some newer posters may not know him but you have been around long enough that I would expect you to know that wasn't characteristic of his contributions to this forum.

This message board is so fraught with non-forward thinking people it drives me nuts. Jeffrey is not a top 10 dynasty WR. Not now with the drafting of White. His own team has said as much by using the pick on White.
So you got mad before and felt insulted by some one else laughing at your statement and now you fire back with this, an equally insulting statement?

Maybe some people think forwardly a bit differently than you do? Saying Jeffrey is not a top 10 WR because his team drafted some one could be just as shortsighted. Has every draft pick turned out exactly the way a team has planned it would? Could White be worth every bit of the value of that pick and still be behind Jeffrey? Has Jeffrey already shown he can be a top 10 WR even as a "second fiddle"?

Jeffrey is every bit the physical specimen White is, if not more, but fell in the draft due to concerns about his conditioning - a fear that has shown to be misguided thus far in his career.

Some people think they are so "forward thinking" but actually are falling victim to "shiny new toy syndrome" while casting off the superior toy. Taking White over Jeffrey right now and acting as if that's some no-brainer due to his draft position is ignoring some serious risk. A quick review of just the Bears first round picks alone should tell you that.
IMO Jeffery is overrated by those who consider him a top 10 dynasty WR for a number of reasons:

1. Fox will not likely throw the ball as often as Trestman did. Last year, Chicago attempted 609 passes. Fox's Denver offense with Manning threw the ball 607 times last year. Cutler is not Manning, and it seems likely Fox will revert to his prior tendency to prefer a more balanced attack. Fox has been a head coach for 10 seasons with Manning, and his teams averaged 475 passing attempts in those seasons. I assume Chicago will throw more often, but less than they have in recent seasons.

2. Out with Marshall but in with #7 pick White and Royal. This will result in more competition for targets. There is every reason to believe White will be better than Marshall was last season, and Royal should be a significant upgrade on the Bears' #3 WR. Last year, all WRs other than Marshall and Jeffery combined for just 68 targets. Royal could get that many by himself.

3. I agree with Bruce that the Bears drafting a WR at #7 absolutely lowers Jeffery's dynasty value. Sure, early draft picks bust sometimes. But, as of today, there is no reason to expect White to bust. WRs drafted in the top 10 who don't bust are often elite. In the past 5 years, the following WRs have been drafted in the top 10: Jones, Green, Blackmon, Austin, Evans, Watkins, Cooper, White. Blackmon is a bust due to a substance abuse problem, and we know of no similar issue with White. Obviously, there is a short track record with a lot of these guys so far, but it looks like a strong group.

4. There is a good chance Cutler will be out of Chicago after this season. If so, the QB situation beyond this year is an unknown. It could get better but it seems more likely to get worse due to the scarcity of even average QBs.

For those reasons, there are more than 10 WRs I would prefer to own in dynasty, including in no particular order: Calvin, Green, Jones, Dez, Brown, Beckham, Evans, Cooper, Thomas, Cobb, Hopkins, Cooks, Benjamin, and, yes, White. And it's not clear to me that Jeffery is the best guy in the next group (Jordy, Watkins, Hilton, Allen).
There are certainly some reasonable arguments for downgrading Jeffrey based on situation -- but all of those apply equally to White. I think that the White > Jeffrey component was what sparked the strong pushback as opposed to the Jeffrey isn't top-10. I tend to agree that Jeffrey isnt a guy I'm looking to buy at his current price -- but he's still solidly ahead of the entire inbound rookie WR crop from me, despite my love for Amari Cooper.

Oof, that's not a great stat. The only ones we can say definitively aren't busts are Jones and Green. The only ones we can definitively say are busts are Blackmon and Austin. That's only a 50% hit rate. Too early to tell completely on Evans and Watkins. Evans is very very unlikely to bust imo, but there are examples of super promising rookies that didn't fulfill that potential in later years (most often RBs, though). Watkins is a trickier case, given the changes Buffalo has made. In terms of fantasy production, and given that he was taken at 1.01 in most fantasy rookie drafts, I could see him being a "bust," in terms of not being better than a low end WR2 or possibly worse, for the next few years. You obviously can't include Cooper and White yet when you're talking about whether NFL top 10 WR picks bust or not.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think Blackmon had any substance abuse red flags at draft time, did he? Looks like he had a DUI in 2010, but I don't see anything from around the time of the 2012 draft talking about it as even a possible issue.

Then better to just say you don't like his statement than to go further and bash him for past missed calls when, as you admit, we all make them.

Bruce has a pretty good track record around here IMO, so I think it is reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some newer posters may not know him but you have been around long enough that I would expect you to know that wasn't characteristic of his contributions to this forum.
Part of it was the fact that I got that exact same attitude on both Ball and Michael from him last year -- although I'm also fairly salty at times on here so glass houses and all. I definitely respect Bruce's opinion more than I do many / most around here and was more just jabbing in fun as opposed to bashing. But you're right, it doesn't add much to the discussion.

Wouldn't both of these affect White as well?

For the record I wasn't really saying anyone that doesn't see Jeffrey as a top 10 WR is wrong or that it's wrong to prefer White over Jeffrey (both positions are defendable) I was simply addressing a petty and condescending post aimed at those that would see it the other way.

I do understand that Fox is a much more conservative coach than Trestman, but I'm not sure if we'll see such a dramatic drop is pass attempts right away since the Bears will likely still have a poor defense and their running game will be led by a 30 year old running back whose best attributes are in the passing game. I still have Jeffrey in the top 10 - but can understand a counter argument to that. Right now there are a lot of really good and productive WRs in the league, so it's a pretty volatile top 15.

Wouldn't both of these affect White as well?

For the record I wasn't really saying anyone that doesn't see Jeffrey as a top 10 WR is wrong or that it's wrong to prefer White over Jeffrey (both positions are defendable) I was simply addressing a petty and condescending post aimed at those that would see it the other way.

I do understand that Fox is a much more conservative coach than Trestman, but I'm not sure if we'll see such a dramatic drop is pass attempts right away since the Bears will likely still have a poor defense and their running game will be led by a 30 year old running back whose best attributes are in the passing game. I still have Jeffrey in the top 10 - but can understand a counter argument to that. Right now there are a lot of really good and productive WRs in the league, so it's a pretty volatile top 15.
Basically, as I see it, the points I listed will result in an offense that can support one quality fantasy WR1, not two, as has happened with Marshall and Jeffery in the past. Taking a view longer than just the 2015 season, I see White as that guy, not Jeffery.

Oof, that's not a great stat. The only ones we can say definitively aren't busts are Jones and Green. The only ones we can definitively say are busts are Blackmon and Austin. That's only a 50% hit rate. Too early to tell completely on Evans and Watkins. Evans is very very unlikely to bust imo, but there are examples of super promising rookies that didn't fulfill that potential in later years (most often RBs, though). Watkins is a trickier case, given the changes Buffalo has made. In terms of fantasy production, and given that he was taken at 1.01 in most fantasy rookie drafts, I could see him being a "bust," in terms of not being better than a low end WR2 or possibly worse, for the next few years. You obviously can't include Cooper and White yet when you're talking about whether NFL top 10 WR picks bust or not.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think Blackmon had any substance abuse red flags at draft time, did he? Looks like he had a DUI in 2010, but I don't see anything from around the time of the 2012 draft talking about it as even a possible issue.
How I see this group:

Green - top 5 dynasty WR

Jones - top 5 dynasty WR

Evans - top 10 dynasty WR

Cooper - top 10 dynasty WR

Watkins - jury is out, but top 15 dynasty WR on potential

Austin - looks like a likely bust, but (a) was overdrafted because (b) he is a limited/niche player

Blackmon - bust due to off field issues

Like I said, it is a strong group of peers for White. I believe Blackmon's skills would have translated to top 10 dynasty WR, but he busted due to off field issues (assuming he won't come back from it). There is no reason to believe White will do that, so I don't think Blackmon's bust is particularly comparable. IMO the Rams reached on Austin, and he is not particularly similar to White... but even including him, that is 1 out of 6 busts on the field. I see this group other than White as including 5 top 15 WRs, most of them better than that. And I would slot White into that same range.

How I see this group:

Green - top 5 dynasty WR

Jones - top 5 dynasty WR

Austin - looks like a likely bust, but (a) was overdrafted because (b) he is a limited/niche player

Like I said, it is a strong group of peers for White. I believe Blackmon's skills would have translated to top 10 dynasty WR, but he busted due to off field issues (assuming he won't come back from it). There is no reason to believe White will do that, so I don't think Blackmon's bust is particularly comparable. IMO the Rams reached on Austin, and he is not particularly similar to White... but even including him, that is 1 out of 6 busts on the field. I see this group other than White as including 5 top 15 WRs, most of them better than that. And I would slot White into that same range.
it will be interesting to see and I don't fault anyone for liking White, but what happens if you push the past history just a few more years? DHB, Crabtree, Megatron, Ginn, Braylon Edwards, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams... not exactly an inspiring list. Biggest problem I have with White is a lack of a long term track record, which just means there's more risk than there was with Calvin or others.

How I see this group:

Green - top 5 dynasty WR

Jones - top 5 dynasty WR

Sure, in general I agree with you. But there is obviously more risk in even these highest rated rookies (Cooper, White) than in established high end WRs, that's all.

12 team dynasty ppr

Just traded 1.5 3.12 and 4.12 for adrien peterson. Still have 1.4 and 1.12.
Hmm. I own Peterson and I would almost take that for him. I think I'd hold Peterson. I'd accept the 1.3 because I'd be guaranteed Gurley, Gordon, or Cooper. So good trade for you, I think.

Gave : Gurley, Mason, 2016 3th

Got : Alshon 2.5 2016 1st and 4th
Ouch, give me Gurley over all that. Mason/3rd for free.
You must value Gurley as a top 5 Dyno player then? Or really not like Alshon?
Gurley will turn out to be a once in 6-8 year RB. Alshon is the 2nd best WR on his team.
L O L. L O L.ETA: Crown 'em!
LOL all you freaking want. It'll just make you look all the more foolish down the road.

ETA -- laughing at someone because you disagree with their opinion is uncool and immature.
Sometimes opinions are funny. This is one of them

Why cant some of you play in the leagues where i want to trade picks for established top players. Good god

Some of you would prefer picks 1 and 4 (gurley and white) over Bell and Jeffrey. Good grief.

Why cant some of you play in the leagues where i want to trade picks for established top players. Good god

Some of you would prefer picks 1 and 4 (gurley and white) over Bell and Jeffrey. Good grief.
This.Also, white at 7th isn't necessarily indicitive of anything negative for Alshon. Even with the coaching change and change to the offensive mindset that is likely coming, theyve had more than reasonable success utilizing two big WRs, i think this was a case of BPA and scheme fit coming together, thats my take.

Cant ever have too many playmaking wr's

14 Team dynasty ppr QB/2RB/3WR//TE/K

Gave 1.04 1.05 Branden Oliver 2016 1st(mid to late)(hopefully)

Received: Le'Veon Bell, Deangelo Wiliams, Josh Harris

ghostguy123 said:

Yep. There's a reason I have zero picks in my "main" two leagues.

I'm hoping and thinking that last year was a exception when more rookies did well than normal.

ghostguy123 said:

Yep. There's a reason I have zero picks in my "main" two leagues. I'm hoping and thinking that last year was a exception when more rookies did well than normal.
I agree with you guys on everything except the comparison of White and Jeffrey. Can't fault anyone for choosing White over Jeffrey. Jeffrey is not elite. Who knows how that will play out in the end but both are very talented. No one really knows who will have the more productive fantasy career.

I think forward thinking people will view Chicago as a bit of a dumpster fire and devalue both guys. Jeffery is a FA in 2016.
People never talk about this. I'm willing to bet he's not in Chicago next year.

FFPC 12-team TE Premium

Gave- 2.1 2.2, and 4.8

Got- 1.10, 3.3, and 3.8

I'm in a rebuild but I think I like the chances of a very good WR falling to the 1.10 versus 2 shots in the early 2nd.

Oooooh, the famous "wish I played in your league" shot. I'm well aware of the chances of draft picks not hitting. The key is picking the right ones.

By the way,

HyperActive 2 -- 10-2

HyperActive 3 -- 10-2 and conf. champ (lost in 24-team final)

HyperActive 4 -- 9-3

AAFL -- league runner up

Leather Helmet D3 -- league runner up

Leather Helmet D5 -- league runner up

Leather Helmet keeper -- league champion

Former Footballguys staff

Former fantasy columnist Contra Costa Times

30+ years in fantasy football

Many, many league titles, sometimes 3-4 in a year.

Ya, come play in my league.
Woooooooo.

*Slow clap*

Possibly the worst post in this thread. Way to win the internet. No-one, absolutely no-one gives a crap about how you did in your leagues last year.

Oooooh, the famous "wish I played in your league" shot. I'm well aware of the chances of draft picks not hitting. The key is picking the right ones.

By the way,

HyperActive 2 -- 10-2

HyperActive 3 -- 10-2 and conf. champ (lost in 24-team final)

HyperActive 4 -- 9-3

AAFL -- league runner up

Leather Helmet D3 -- league runner up

Leather Helmet D5 -- league runner up

Leather Helmet keeper -- league champion

Former Footballguys staff

Former fantasy columnist Contra Costa Times

30+ years in fantasy football

Many, many league titles, sometimes 3-4 in a year.

Ya, come play in my league.
Woooooooo.

*Slow clap*

Possibly the worst post in this thread. Way to win the internet. No-one, absolutely no-one gives a crap about how you did in your leagues last year.
And all those runner ups would be to the champions who take young proven studs over NON-generational talent rookies.

And for whoever mentioned that people arent talking about jeffrey possibly moving on after 2016, is that good or bad? Serious question. He looks like a player who would thrive basically anywhere.

12 tm PPR

Sims for Ball

FWIW was rejected by Martin owner yesterday but re-offered today after blurbs
10 tm non-ppr with RB/WR flex

Quick for Ball
see how whoever games up sims for ball got ripped?

sims is likely be a feature back and he is going for that scrub?
I have sims in 2 of 3 dyno leagues (32 a d 16 teams) but I'm not sold on him doing well as a feature back. I think he can be a very good tool in Winston's toolkit but I'd think the likelihood of ball being a feature back is slightly better. So is his chance of busting completely, so I think the trade is objectively even in smaller leagues.

sims is likely be a feature back and he is going for that scrub?
I have sims in 2 of 3 dyno leagues (32 a d 16 teams) but I'm not sold on him doing well as a feature back. I think he can be a very good tool in Winston's toolkit but I'd think the likelihood of ball being a feature back is slightly better. So is his chance of busting completely, so I think the trade is objectively even in smaller leagues.
I'm the one acquiring Ball obviously. Betting on the chance his bad performance last year was due to rushing back from his appendectomy. I didn't like what I saw out of Sims last year either (his YPC was 1.5 yards less than Bobby Rainey, for example). He is a good receiver, so he could possibly be Roy Helu, but that may be his limit. It was a gamble on upside because I feel whoever is starting for Kubiak will be good, and I'm not sure that is true in TB despite the OL improvement. Could have said the same thing about Pierce last year, but worth a shot IMO.

Tough one for me to pull the trigger on...

14 team PPR, superflex

Gave: Teddy Bridgewater, Bishop Sankey, 2.11 and 3.11

For: Brandin Cooks, draft pick I used on devy Nick Chubb

I think forward thinking people will view Chicago as a bit of a dumpster fire and devalue both guys. Jeffery is a FA in 2016.
People never talk about this. I'm willing to bet he's not in Chicago next year.
I would imagine anyone willing to pay 12+M for a WR will have a QB they believe can take advantage of that. I can't imagine him going to a much worse situation as a FA after he is franchised (if they choose to)

FFPC 12-team TE Premium

Gave- 2.1 2.2, and 4.8

Got- 1.10, 3.3, and 3.8

I'm in a rebuild but I think I like the chances of a very good WR falling to the 1.10 versus 2 shots in the early 2nd.
close. I probably would have kept what you had but I can see either way

10 tm non-ppr with RB/WR flex

Quick for Ball
Close. Probably Ball

Tough one for me to pull the trigger on...

14 team PPR, superflex

Gave: Teddy Bridgewater, Bishop Sankey, 2.11 and 3.11

For: Brandin Cooks, draft pick I used on devy Nick Chubb
As long as you are good at QB I think you did better than OK

Gave 3.05, 2016 1st, 2016, 5th

Got Teddy Bridgewater

Context im a contender 16 team idp league only qb's on my team Cutler, Manuel

Couple more small ones

10 team 2qb 3wr 3rb 2te 1flex .5ppr

Team A gave: Blount

Team B gave: 2016 3rd (late)

Team A gave: Eifert

Team C gave: 2016 2nd, Reggie Bush

Diff league same starting requirements

Team A gave: 3.08, 3.10, 4.04, 4.10, 2016 3rd

I gave: 2.07 (yes I have the roster room for the picks). The past couple years this league has some amazing fallers in the draft so I'll be looking for those. Bottles, Bryant, Mason, Hill, Crowell all went in the 3rd last year.

Gave - 1.12 & Martavis Bryant

Got - Brandon Cooks

----------

Really like Cooks this season. Unfortunate injury really stopped him short of a great start to a great career IMO.

Gave - 1.12 & Martavis Bryant

Got - Brandon Cooks

----------

Really like Cooks this season. Unfortunate injury really stopped him short of a great start to a great career IMO.
Very nice deal. Cooks is worth quite a bit more than Bryant and this rookie class starts dropping off after 10 or 11 picks I think.

I still like that next tier of guys and it extends pretty far into the 2nd round, but there's definitely not any guys I feel great about that late in the 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread