What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2017 NCAA Hoops Tourney thread: Congrats UNC, all the refs from NCCG should be banned for life*** (3 Viewers)

I'll be at Banker's Life in Indy all day Friday with my two sons and then back again Sunday night. 2 hr drive for me.

i told my 15yr old, who LOVES Kentucky hoops, that if they end up in Indy the first round, I'd consider it and sure enough.... Louisville is there too and there's a kid from the school my wife teaches at that I've seen play maybe 25 times, who is a Louisville recruit next year. We had a chance to meet Pitino and take a pic with him this season one night he was up our way checking out the kid. And Michigan and Wichita State are there. Should be good times. 

I asked this in the general thread already, but this thread will probably see more action today.

Can I stream the games without a cable account?

Going through the morning routine of getting ready for work ehen I am really just dropping off some paperwork and hitting the liquor store.

See I have these two perceptive daughters (1/-12) and if they know dad is staying home and having fun without them, I will magically get a phone call from the school nurse's office saying they need to be picked up because they don't "feel well". So I need to maintain normalcy--nothing to see here---just  putting on my tie like any other day.....just a regular ol' Thursday   :whistle:

Because I imagine showing up at a school attendance office smelling like beer at 12:30 will result in a DHS referal

don't follow the hoops at all, but did draw North Carolina and Northwestern outta the hat - 5 large to the winner - decent shot here?

:shrug:

don't follow the hoops at all, but did draw North Carolina and Northwestern outta the hat - 5 large to the winner - decent shot here?

TEAM

OPENING ODDS (4/5/16)

CURRENT ODDS

Duke

9/2

5/1

North Carolina

15/1

6/1

Kentucky

6/1

8/1

Villanova

8/1

8/1

Kansas

10/1

8/1

Gonzaga

80/1

10/1

Arizona feels like the most likely to make final 4.  They are the best team in their region imo.  Not a zags beleiver. I bet ND or West Virgina takes them out. Don't know if Arizona wins it all but out of all the 1 and 2 seeds they seem the best bet to reach final 4.

Nova / Duke could go either way.

Kansas / Louisville could go either way.

UNC / kentucky very close.

All these teams won't reach elite 8 but I'm willing to bet one of these will in each region.  The ones and 2s seem stronger than normal this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northwestern is making their first NCAA Tournament appearance in school history and it will be a big surprise if they make it out of the first weekend.

North Carolina got to the championship game last year and finished first in what is widely believed to be the toughest conference this year.  In a blind hat draw you did VERY well to get a team as good as UNC.  If allowed, you could probably sell your UNC ticket at a decent profit if you're not interested in following the Madness.

Northwestern is making their first NCAA Tournament appearance in school history and it will be a big surprise if they make it out of the first weekend.

North Carolina got to the championship game last year and finished first in what is widely believed to be the toughest conference this year.  In a blind hat draw you did VERY well to get a team as good as UNC.  If allowed, you could probably sell your UNC ticket at a decent profit if you're not interested in following the Madness.
yeah, i'm gonna hold on to it  :thumbup:

i dig following the tourney, only time i really pay attention, and mostly because of this pool i cited - 30 of us, 2 picks apiece ($100 each) - if one of the non selected teams win, we roll over 'til next year - only happened once thus far ('bout a dozen years).

five grand top prize, and we give the remaining grand to the team that loses by the biggest margin (shot here w/Northwestern?)

interestingly enough, i was third into the hat - a ton of teams were left $$$

GO HEELS ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn over who I want to be see proven wrong more. The people dismissing Gonzaga or the people saying this Gonzaga team is for real.

Heading down to the arena for ND/Princeton and West Va/Bucknell shortly.

Have tickets to the Villanova/Mt. St. Mary's and Wisconsin/Va Tech games later, but I think I'm gonna go back to the office instead of the Nova game and probably go home rather than being stuck at the arena until midnight for an 8/9 game.  There's no chance in hell Nova gets upset tonight, right?

It feels like this year's tourney is going to be wall-to-wall awesome. Except the end when Duke wins.
I think it will be similar to last year. Chaotic first weekend. Followed by garbage as the teams that shouldn't make the second weekend, but do, get bounced. Hopefully this time we will get better games the elite 8 and beyond. Good luck one upping last year's final though. 

Heading down to the arena for ND/Princeton and West Va/Bucknell shortly.

Have tickets to the Villanova/Mt. St. Mary's and Wisconsin/Va Tech games later, but I think I'm gonna go back to the office instead of the Nova game and probably go home rather than being stuck at the arena until midnight for an 8/9 game.  There's no chance in hell Nova gets upset tonight, right?
Wisconsin basketball is tough to watch too. 

I don't know how far they are going but I think it's their best team yet. 
Yep, this one can actually play defense against better teams. Multi dimensional offense too. I picked Arizona and think ND would be a tough out, but those dismissing Gonzaga because they are Gonzaga are wrong. 

Love hearing the talking heads pick Duke to win it all and give Kansas no chance because Kansas has a "history of flame-outs" in the tourney. Umm...Lehigh anyone??? or maybe Mercer?????

Not saying I can't see taking Duke or not liking Kansas, but to use historical early tournament exits as a criteria for one but not the other (heck, using an upset from a decade ago as a measure of any current team for that matter) is pretty laughable

Yep, this one can actually play defense against better teams. Multi dimensional offense too. I picked Arizona and think ND would be a tough out, but those dismissing Gonzaga because they are Gonzaga are wrong. 
I have heard that before.  Eventually they will win more and beat their own history but until then I will enjoy giving them a couple games and them having them lose in sweet 16.  It's worked well for a long time

Crean fired.
He has done his time and the majority of fans are fed up with him, but he still has pretty strong supporters.  He helped revive the program, but just is not a great coach.  Very good recruiter.  Wish him well.  He will land a pretty good job somewhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread