What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2017 NCAA Hoops Tourney thread: Congrats UNC, all the refs from NCCG should be banned for life*** (2 Viewers)

Prince Myshkin said:
Love hearing the talking heads pick Duke to win it all and give Kansas no chance because Kansas has a "history of flame-outs" in the tourney. Umm...Lehigh anyone??? or maybe Mercer?????

Not saying I can't see taking Duke or not liking Kansas, but to use historical early tournament exits as a criteria for one but not the other (heck, using an upset from a decade ago as a measure of any current team for that matter) is pretty laughable
Agreed.  Just last year, I remember people attacking Jay Wright because of Villanova's history of early flameouts.

My pick for team that is so underrated they're overrated ... NC Wilmington. Seems to be the vogue 12-over-5 upset that everyone tries to peg every year. Of course, if they score 40 they probably win going away.
Look at this dummy.

However, the last part of that still could be true.

Steve Tasker said:
Heading down to the arena for ND/Princeton and West Va/Bucknell shortly.

Have tickets to the Villanova/Mt. St. Mary's and Wisconsin/Va Tech games later, but I think I'm gonna go back to the office instead of the Nova game and probably go home rather than being stuck at the arena until midnight for an 8/9 game.  There's no chance in hell Nova gets upset tonight, right?
Last time I walked into an arena thinking that, I watched the Georgetown-Princeton classic in '89. We almost couldn't stay awake for the Notre Dame-Vanderbilt (Barry Goheen, baby!) nightcap we had gone to see, we were so drained.

Notre Dame/Princeton has to be the 1st round matchup with the highest tuition cost on the floor, right? Maybe Northwestern/Vanderbilt.

Typhoid Wilkins spreads that flu...UVA will be an early out this year.

I haven't been sick in years, but this year's flu is bad, bad thing...had it for two full weeks, with a third week of coughing it out.

Notre Dame/Princeton has to be the 1st round matchup with the highest tuition cost on the floor, right? Maybe Northwestern/Vanderbilt.
Gotta be one of those two. 

Southern Cal / Southern Methodist probably gets the bronze.

Trying to figure out the cheapest matchup... maybe Florida State / Florida Gulf Coast (FL residents only) on Kentucky / Northern Kentucky (KY residents only).

Verne is openly rooting for Princeton at this point.  Cries of anguish when they got called for a travel before a layup to pull within two.  God bless him.

After getting creamed for their inbounds play by the announcers' table, they run the exact same play mirrored and get a wide-open three-pointer.  Missed it, but still great play design.

Thank goodness. ND is traditionally horrible in the 1st round. Just survive and recoup for the next game.

Is anyone rooting for the Zags here? I'd love them to lose in the 1st round. 

Then they can go undefeated next year and wind up with an 8 seed.

Users who are viewing this thread