What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

Cowboys fan here. The pick they should've made was neither Zeke nor Wentz (if he was there at 4). The right pick was Ramsey. I can't stress enough how much we blew that pick.

Wentz would've been a great pick, but getting Dak where they did, which will likely go down as one of the best picks in NFL history, would've made the Ramsey pick at 4 even more of an advantage.

I see people arguing over Wentz/Dak all the time & they're so close, it's silly to say one of them is significantly better than the other from an NFL standpoint. I believe they're the two best young QBs in the league & it's virtually impossible to say who'll be better over the long haul at this point in their careers.
I think you are correct, that Wentz and Prescott are both really good and have had great starts to their NFL careers. Some in here have argued that because Dak has better offensive talent around him, it has been easier for him, and therefore he isn't as good. That logic doesn't make sense. He could have better talent around him AND be as good as Wentz. I would love for Prescott to suck. And every time I watch Dallas play I hope that I see some sign of it. But I haven't. He makes great throws on the run in tough situations. He is good at avoiding the rush. He's tough. He can run. He's done everything asked of him so far.

Look at his stats. He has had one game out of 22 where he threw more picks than TD's, last year at the Giants when the Giants defense was playing great. The Eagles did a good job against him in the game in Dallas, but when Pederson gave him the chance to tie the game late, he took it. Then he drove the Cowboys to the winning TD in OT. Well, what about him losing his only playoff game? He rallied the Cowboys twice to tie the game at 31 and would've taken the game into OT except for the amazing play by Rodgers. He has thrown 37 TD's and only 8 interceptions in his 22 regular season games. He has rushed for 9 more TD's. His completion percentage is 66.2%.

I love Wentz and would not trade him for Prescott. However, if for some bizarre reason the Eagles did trade him for Prescott, I would have to say it was a pretty even trade.

All that being said, I do have to agree with my compadres, that yes, the Cowboys do suck. Have a great day, Football Jones.

Philly guys - a little help. I have to start one of Jeffrey or Agholar.

Can’t believe I’ve got them as a coin flip. WTF is up with Alshon?

Philly guys - a little help. I have to start one of Jeffrey or Agholar.

Can’t believe I’ve got them as a coin flip. WTF is up with Alshon?
For what it's worth I'm rolling Jeffrey out in two leagues. Just have a feeling This Is the week! But who knows....Agholar gets far less targets then Jeffery alothough he's done more with his. I only have him in one league and he's on the bench for JuJu. Might not be smart....

Last edited by a moderator:
How’s the weather there boys? Should I be nervous rolling Wentz out?
Rain easing up for now but reports at stadium are winds are blowing and will be effecting punts. Rain throughout the day, supposed to get heavy again towards end of game. 

@JimmyKempski

Wind will be a factor. Punts are dying mid-air.

11:57 AM · Oct 29, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
All the reporting seems to say that he hurt his Achilles, not tore (which I had thought), so I guess maybe he is not really done for the year (at least until he injures himself some other way)
Though bgn says Jordan Hicks is the other player out due to injury. The Eagles will likely officially place him on injured reserve this week.

Deamon said:
I realllllly hate backing up cowboys fans.  But in his defense he did say 'one of the best'.  If Dak continues to do what he's doing, he will for sure be one of the best day 3 QB's drafted ever.  Of course we can speculate that he hasn't done enough, and I'd like to see him do more for sure.  But as much as I hate them, they got a hell of a steal there in the draft.  I like Carson better for sure, but I'm all about value in the draft.  Even though Carson is better, we hit an A+ with Carson at 2... they hit an A++ with Dak at 137. 

Carson is the kind of QB that makes the rest of his team better though... the Cowboys are gonna have to hit on more of their picks and surround Dak with talent for him to keep this up.  So time will tell.
I agree that's why I loved Wentz. I also saw a ton of Prescott in college and he was hyped up as the next Tebow success wise in the conference. He came up short even though he led his school to the best seasons ever which isn't saying much for them. Prescott to me looked like a guy who could play in the NFL but you needed to surround him with Talent. Watching Wentz it looked like he always made the guys around him better. You could really see that when Wentz played in the Championship game and you watched his back up Eason (I believe his name was) play those games before hand. Not that Eason wasn't great just that Wentz made those offensive guys around him that much more dangerous

I'll believe it when I hear it. Not sure if this makes sense other then maybe they get rid of Torrey Smith unless they feel maybe this is their year with Rodgers down and the NFC wide open. Guess it depends what we give up. If it's similar to Oak giving up a 7th and we re work his contract I'd take it but this rumor seems to come up around this time almost every year with PHI as long as I can remember. 

haha my source worked for the Lions... don't think he'll know anything about this.
Not sure mine would really know and if he does that's usually the type of info he wouldn't give me. Unlike DH's guy who gave him some hints I really don't get much in terms of what's going on now. Just what happened before they got there. Still never got an answer why Rowe was gone but from my talks with him and I kind of tried to get a little out of Maragos when I met him it seemed Rowe was in Schwartz Doghouse and wasn't getting out. From listening to Schwartz comments to the media Rowe seemed to never get the system and made the same routine mistakes again and again. Again this isn't something I was told just more of my feeling from all the info I've taken from different spots. I'll be sure if I do get anything you guys will know but I doubt it. 

Weird.  I didn't hear much.
Social media defiantly was hot about it. Maybe radio and media but social media still. I'm seeing the something from the PSU homers who are Eagles fans how the Eagles should give up the house to get Saquan Barkley. Do I think Barkley is a good player? Sure but I don't think he's worth giving up the house and given RB shelf life in the NFL it's not a great use of economical resources in another fairly solid RB class again. 

Unusually inaccurate Wentz but the rookie SF QB was even more so. And he was dominated by the mastermind Schwartz 

Another good one. Dougie mic'd up.

This is the 2016 Week 1 game. 

You will appreciate the then and now and how Dougie should be a strong candidate for Coach of the Year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMrwXvXZTA
He's definitely up there.  Can't think of anyone else that would be above him right now.  It's still an If, but IF a young coach takes a team that's supposed to win 8 games, to an 11 win season and div title, he'd likely win COY.

He's definitely up there.  Can't think of anyone else that would be above him right now.  It's still an If, but IF a young coach takes a team that's supposed to win 8 games, to an 11 win season and div title, he'd likely win COY.
Did you mean to say 15 win season?     :)       Yes he's definitely coach of the year at the midpoint of the season.  Good for him - the media in this town didn't really give him much of a shot.

I think Eagles need to fully bench Torrey Smith and start playing the Hollins and Johnson more. I liked the signing when they did it but Smith disappears for games at a time. I would also take a lot at bringing Brandon Alberts in this week and he could be ready to take over in a few weeks when the schedule gets tougher. 

I think Eagles need to fully bench Torrey Smith and start playing the Hollins and Johnson more. I liked the signing when they did it but Smith disappears for games at a time. I would also take a lot at bringing Brandon Alberts in this week and he could be ready to take over in a few weeks when the schedule gets tougher. 
Well he’s pretty much a one trick pony and when everybody knows it there isn’t going to be a deep ball open to him too often. 

Also Blount was gonna get cut.
I'm not a fan of him being featured so much, so early though.  I'm curious of the run/pass splits when he's in the game, they seem to be teeing off on him.  Short yardage, or to salt away a lead it's fine, but he's not having a ton of success as a regular use back.

Also, nice to see McDermott doing well.  I thought he didn't get a fair shake being canned so quickly his first year taking over for Jim Johnson.  big shoes to fill.

I'm not a fan of him being featured so much, so early though.  I'm curious of the run/pass splits when he's in the game, they seem to be teeing off on him.  Short yardage, or to salt away a lead it's fine, but he's not having a ton of success as a regular use back.
I agree with this. Smallwood must've still been hurt. Didn't understand his lack of use.

To think-- I picked up this defense on waivers before last week's games (8 team family league   :bag:  )
I play in quite a few leagues and by far the most fun, biggest payout and RUTHLESS, is the 8 team family league I'm in. Far as I know, I'm the only one that uses this board but all the owners are pretty dialed in. Waivers are first come first serve. Your star RB goes down, you better be faster on your phone then someone else. It's my favorite league.

Users who are viewing this thread