What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

Sounds like barring a miracle, Elliot suspension is back.  Cowboys shoulda just sacked up and taken the hit early - I can't imagine they'd be any worse then 4-3 without Elliot.  Now?  KC, Atl, Philly, Wash, Chargers, Giants..  Only one that's "easy" there is the Giants, and even that who knows.  Terrible stretch of games to lose him.  It makes my heart happy.

Sounds like barring a miracle, Elliot suspension is back.  Cowboys shoulda just sacked up and taken the hit early - I can't imagine they'd be any worse then 4-3 without Elliot.  Now?  KC, Atl, Philly, Wash, Chargers, Giants..  Only one that's "easy" there is the Giants, and even that who knows.  Terrible stretch of games to lose him.  It makes my heart happy.
Ya who knows what will happen on the appeal.  Such a mess.

Either way, they do have a tough stretch coming up.  The div is looking really good for us.

Congrats on the Division this year....I concede.  Done with the NFL the fantasy year is done.
Sorry, man. I know I'll likely get scolded for this, but it's my opinion so whatever. IMHO it feels like cheapening a division win if the best player(s) aren't on the field, especially because of a suspension with the background of Zeke's. Zeke is most definitely a game changer, wish the Eagles had a 3-down back like that who can do it all and is in year two of his NFL career.

Sorry, man. I know I'll likely get scolded for this, but it's my opinion so whatever. IMHO it feels like cheapening a division win if the best player(s) aren't on the field, especially because of a suspension with the background of Zeke's. Zeke is most definitely a game changer, wish the Eagles had a 3-down back like that who can do it all and is in year two of his NFL career.
The division probably would have been ours even with Zeke playing.  I agree it gets easier now as he is a great player.  3 games is a lot to make up in half a season.

I'm glad they tried to weasle out if it. Works out better for us

We may trade for gore today.  Wonder what the price would be
I hope this falls through. Bringing in a 34 year old running back who's clearly a shadow of his former self seems pointless to me.

Now Carlos Hyde would be someone I am interested in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this falls through. Bringing in a 34 year old running back who's clearly a shadow of his former self seems pointless to me.

Now Carlos Hyde would be someone I am interested in.
Depends on the price

And fwiw gore had looked good the past few games on a crap team.  Just had a 100 yard game

Wow,  am I the only one surprised at this? Feels like he’s been in the league for a really long time 
It's only his third year I thought.  Either way, amazing get, RB issues are solved just wish we still had Peters healthy.  Ajayi should eat though in this offense.

Now what happens to Blount though?  He can't be a happy camper.

With how the Eagles are playing and injuries / suspensions to other teams, the league seems like it could be wide open so I'm all for making a move and going for it hard this year.  I was a little nervous about trading picks when we already don't have a pick in the 2nd or 3rd in 2018 but I just checked and we had three picks in round 4 so not a bad price for a good RB.  Interested to see if we can add any depth at O-line now but seems like there's not alot out there.

It's only his third year I thought.  Either way, amazing get, RB issues are solved just wish we still had Peters healthy.  Ajayi should eat though in this offense.

I was thinking this would affect Smallwood the most.

Blount does his thing he's best at - short yardage, salt away games in the 4th.  He was doing great at that - last two games we tried to make him an every down back, and he's not good at that.

Defenses can read what type of run play the Eagles are about to run by which RB is in the backfield.  They've been trying to be less predictable by running Blount outside instead of up the middle every time but he struggles with that and those plays haven't been successful.  Hopefully with Ajayi's skill set, the run game can be less predictable... and more effective to take some more heat off of Carson.  

Love it. Was never a fan of Blount. Guess they don’t have much interest in developing Smallwood/Clement or Ajayi for a 4th was just too good to pass on. 

Love it. Was never a fan of Blount. Guess they don’t have much interest in developing Smallwood/Clement or Ajayi for a 4th was just too good to pass on. 
I think they'll keep developing Clement.  I think they are down on Smallwood with this.  Smallwood showed a ton of promise in training camp, but we haven't seen any of it on the field.

He's fine. Now he can rest those old legs for December when we need a bruiser to grind the clock.

Blount and Bell worked well together until they got suspended for smoking blounts. I just hope Jay doesn't smoke weed.

FWIW, Jay Ajayi ranks 19th out of 44 RBs in pass protection this season by @PFF.

(Blount 33rd, Smallwood 44th) 

Jay Ajayi only averaging 3.4 yards per carry this season but Dolphins OL ranks 28th in run blocking. Plus Miami obviously has bad QBs.

Eagles had 3 4's. They're all late, since they have their own (they're 7-1), they have the Vikings' 4 (they're 6-2), and the Pats' 4 (6-2).

Eagles traded 3 high picks for Wentz, back 20 3rd rd slots for 1 yr of Jernigan, 2nd rd for 2 yrs Darby, 4th rd for 1.5 yrs Ajayi...

Credit to Howie Roseman on this deal. Eagles had 3 fourth-round picks, Eagles help the team this year and going forward at low cap hit, too.

RB Jay Ajayi brings salaries of $325,588 & $705,000 to the #Eagles. The #Dolphins take a $344k dead cap hit in 2017. It’s not even a big salary hit for Eagles.

FWIW, Jay Ajayi ranks 19th out of 44 RBs in pass protection this season by @PFF.

(Blount 33rd, Smallwood 44th) 

Jay Ajayi only averaging 3.4 yards per carry this season but Dolphins OL ranks 28th in run blocking. Plus Miami obviously has bad QBs.

Eagles had 3 4's. They're all late, since they have their own (they're 7-1), they have the Vikings' 4 (they're 6-2), and the Pats' 4 (6-2).

Eagles traded 3 high picks for Wentz, back 20 3rd rd slots for 1 yr of Jernigan, 2nd rd for 2 yrs Darby, 4th rd for 1.5 yrs Ajayi...

Credit to Howie Roseman on this deal. Eagles had 3 fourth-round picks, Eagles help the team this year and going forward at low cap hit, too.

RB Jay Ajayi brings salaries of $325,588 & $705,000 to the #Eagles. The #Dolphins take a $344k dead cap hit in 2017. It’s not even a big salary hit for Eagles.
Howie has been so impressive the last two years. 

was he a first-rounder?  They would have that 5th-year option too, right?

um, no.  fifth rounder.  not sure who I am thinking of.  Martin, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread