What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (2 Viewers)

I don't get the hype on him. He seems to fit in covering speedy guys but seems like he'll have problems covering big physical guys and we got a bunch of big boys in our Div now. He really need to add muscle or IMHO he's gonna get beat routinely by them. The foot injury Embiid has is long lasting. It's not an injury that goes away. It's what forced Yao to retire btw. Maybe Embiid deals with it better with his age and height though. 
I agree his weight to me is his biggest issue maybe that's why they added a bigger CB in Douglas in the 3rd I was just trying to say the Achilles isn't really an issue after this year. I  think if you play him man you can line him up on Crowder/Dotson, Beckam and Williams in our division and hopefully if Douglas pan out he can cover Pryor, Marshall and Bryant. Just saying we all differ our opinion on sports it what makes the boards great but I like the 3 picks even though I really wanted Foster even with the baggage but Barnett is a solid pick.

Looking at the draft now I honestly don't see a rb I like hopefully Eagles have a trade in the works with Bengals or Saints since they seem loaded at rb

I agree his weight to me is his biggest issue maybe that's why they added a bigger CB in Douglas in the 3rd I was just trying to say the Achilles isn't really an issue after this year. I  think if you play him man you can line him up on Crowder/Dotson, Beckam and Williams in our division and hopefully if Douglas pan out he can cover Pryor, Marshall and Bryant. Just saying we all differ our opinion on sports it what makes the boards great but I like the 3 picks even though I really wanted Foster even with the baggage but Barnett is a solid pick.
Yeah I'm not saying he's a terrible player just more of I don't see the hype for him in our division with the huge guys we play against. His size worries me and I hope they don't keep the CB on one side all game and he follows the speedy guy. 

At this point is maybe signing Blount a terrible idea depending on $? Perine is still around and I considered him a better player then Mixon. 
i would rather pass on Blount. We saw how he did away from New England before, i have to pull the list of free agent RBs but there are other good one's out there still

I just can't believe we are going into the season with this RB core
It makes me nervous for sure. I know many here subscribe to the wait on a RB or grab a vet but I don't want this to be a Redskins or Giants situation for us and Carson this year. I almost feel like we need to pick 2 today and head right to church afterwards 

Douglas definitely seems like the right fit for Schwartz.  If they were gambling on him still being there in the third when they decided to grab Jones, things definitely worked out well for them overall.  These three picks definitely seem to have the right upside for Schwartz in the long run.  Though I am still a little skeptical of him overall and we certainly better hope he does not get a head-coaching offer.

It makes me nervous for sure. I know many here subscribe to the wait on a RB or grab a vet but I don't want this to be a Redskins or Giants situation for us and Carson this year. I almost feel like we need to pick 2 today and head right to church afterwards 
Maybe Smallwood makes some kind of huge leap for us.  Lesean McCoy made a huge leap from year one to two.  Obviously small wood is not shady, but a major leap is not out of the question. What's going on with Ryan Mathews?  He's still on the team right?  I wrote him off long ago but he's better than one of these late rookie RBS getting big time playing time.  I thought he was off the team for sure, but now I would not be shocked if they are forced to keep him another year

Maybe Smallwood makes some kind of huge leap for us.  Lesean McCoy made a huge leap from year one to two.  Obviously small wood is not shady, but a major leap is not out of the question. What's going on with Ryan Mathews?  He's still on the team right?  I wrote him off long ago but he's better than one of these late rookie RBS getting big time playing time.  I thought he was off the team for sure, but now I would not be shocked if they are forced to keep him another year
I remember hearing Hollis Thomas say on the radio one day during the off-season that you can't cut someone who is injured until they're cleared to play. I'm leaning that's why he's on the roster still without further proof. 

Has anyone touched on trading with Minny for Latavius Murray? If we could get him for cheap draft capital, he's 27 and I wouldn't mind it. I would mind the contract, which is  :X  in 18 and 19.

Has anyone touched on trading with Minny for Latavius Murray? If we could get him for cheap draft capital, he's 27 and I wouldn't mind it. I would mind the contract, which is  :X  in 18 and 19.
You can tell by the backs that were drafted early which teams might consider existing backs tradable.  Jacksonville drafted Fournette.  Is TJ  Yeldon available?  Young back still on rookie contract.  How about Gio Bernard? Seems a great fit for Phillys offense.  I'd give up a late pick for either. Or a 4th for Ingram.  

Hopefully we got our Lito/Sheldon all over again. Looks like there are some decent lottery tickets at RB with Gallman, Hill, maybe Logan out of UNC if Perine doesn't fall to us?

Any other intriguing weapons you guys see for Wentz? Butt at TE is there due to injury, didn't see many WR names that caught my eye but not a big college guy......who do you guys like?

We probably take him if we were in better shape at cb.
I wonder if we take him there if the draft isn't in philly. I mean, with that many passionate, screaming philly fans in the streets, drinking on a Friday night and all fired up, there had to be a large portion that was anti-mixon. Crowd might have gotten unruly really fast.

Ray Diddy had a good point when I listened on the way back from lacrosse a bit ago. He mentioned how Joe Douglas may have influenced what we've done so far in the draft. His point was that with the driest 3 rounds being so volatile that it was very odd to not see Howie make any trades yet. He mentioned that for years that was the Ravens way to just stay and grab the BPA. 

You can tell by the backs that were drafted early which teams might consider existing backs tradable.  Jacksonville drafted Fournette.  Is TJ  Yeldon available?  Young back still on rookie contract.  How about Gio Bernard? Seems a great fit for Phillys offense.  I'd give up a late pick for either. Or a 4th for Ingram.  
I would reach out to Jax for Yeldon.

I wonder if we take him there if the draft isn't in philly. I mean, with that many passionate, screaming philly fans in the streets, drinking on a Friday night and all fired up, there had to be a large portion that was anti-mixon. Crowd might have gotten unruly really fast.
 Hypothetically speaking, if he was on their board I don't think they would have looked at him before the third round anyway. I think Cincinnati takes the chance after they see what Oakland does with their first-round pick. They pick a kid who's accused of rape a few weeks ago. It makes picking a kid who did something bad 3 years ago easy to grab IMO. 

Homer here ...

Douglas is a good football player. He plays a lot faster than his 40. He caught lots of players from behind, very fast players in the B12. Also, he has a mind for the ball. He is not only a ball hawk in the air, but in tackling. 

I think people are downplaying his physical nature. I know he played press in less downs than the average. He did play off but that was scheme specific. Specifically, cover 2 or cover 0. That's hard to cover in the B12. 

Finally, as a WVU homer I never worried about Rasul in coverage. He was our most reliable cover defender. In addition, our staff felt the same way in how they played him. I would love to hear how much single man he played snap wise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh... seriously!?  dammit washington and dallas keep scooping up all the guys we want.  This is a brutal draft.

Users who are viewing this thread