What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2018 St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** -- Matheny gone (2 Viewers)

To be fair, US Cell and Busch have a higher than normal of jean shorts than normal.

I'm not taking cut offs. I mean jean shorts. People bought jeans that were made as shorts.

Even if Jay is best suited as a fourth outfielder by 2016, those numbers are easy enough to digest. No worse than a Mark Ellis/Ty Wigginton type of situation.
IMO the contract is an appropriate price for Jay. I just don't share M&M's faith in Jay's ability to make the team proud to call him the starting CF. But I suppose there aren't any small-market teams right now looking to dump a soon-to-be-expensive CF before he bolts as a free agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, US Cell and Busch have a higher than normal of jean shorts than normal.

I'm not taking cut offs. I mean jean shorts. People bought jeans that were made as shorts.
A summer night at Busch just doesn't feel complete without encountering a fan in an XXL Holliday jersey and jorts with a Bud Light in each hand.

No idea how Rosenthal managed to get out of that 9th inning jam, but I'll take it. Once again, though, his control and propensity to walk is such a huge weakness as a closer.

Well, ####.

Figured Waino was due for a DL stint after his workload the last three seasons, but nothing like this.

Time to shine, Tyler Lyons.

No idea how Rosenthal managed to get out of that 9th inning jam, but I'll take it. Once again, though, his control and propensity to walk is such a huge weakness as a closer.
I think I'm going to name a 2-baserunner, zero-run ninth-inning save a "Rosenthal".
No kidding. Although he's looked decent lately until back to his old tricks again tonight.
The first two hitters were so uneventful, and the single was hit hard but on the ground. It was the walk that drove me nuts. Sure seemed like he got a generous call on the strike three that ended the game, too.

How about Bourjos generating some offense tonight? Thought he was safe on his stolen base attempt, but a good throw would have had him.

TV commentators did a trivia question asking which Cardinal pitcher gave up 11 HRs to Mike Schmidt. Care to guess the answer?
Bob Forsch?
Yep!

I've got nothing but love for Forschie - my greatest thrill attending a high-level sporting event was seeing Forsch's no-hitter in 1983 - but I was a little surprised the number was that low. I saw Schmidt knock a few over the left-center wall in Busch II - no small feat back when it was 386 to the bleachers.

WTF, why are they showing the pitches from the crappy outfield angle where you can't tell what's going on?

That was a hell of a weekend.

Gonna need a box of tinker toys and a gallon of Krazy Glue to keep this pitching staff going at this rate, though.

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!
Let's do this!

Martinez has been throwing the ball great, and Travis Wood is a new man since learning it's bad to walk hitters and doing something about it. Should be a great game. Have fun!
Martinez really didn't look that good in his start against the Phillies. Obviously tonight didn't go well. He seems to me to really have trouble putting guys away. Gets a lot of 2-strike counts, but then can't figure out that hammer at the end for some reason.

Stupid sexy Cardinals
If it helps... according to the forecast, 85 is in play over the next 48 hours, so tonight or tomorrow night should be the Jorts Season opener at Busch III. Be on the lookout for dudes rocking Molina T-shirts and Jorts while balancing two hot dogs and two Bud Lights on their way back to their seats.

Stupid sexy Cardinals
If it helps... according to the forecast, 85 is in play over the next 48 hours, so tonight or tomorrow night should be the Jorts Season opener at Busch III. Be on the lookout for dudes rocking Molina T-shirts and Jorts while balancing two hot dogs and two Bud Lights on their way back to their seats.
Don't forget the nachos with extra cheese, hold all the Mexican ingredients.

Stupid sexy Cardinals
Don't forget the nachos with extra cheese, hold all the Mexican ingredients.
This is a damn good posting.

Saw Mario Batali at a game at Busch III a couple years ago. He looked exactly like he does on TV, even wore the orange crocs. (and yes, he had an orange iPhone case that matched his crocs). The folks sitting behind us were monitoring his movement to see what he ate and drank at the ballpark. FWIW, after 3-4 innings, he went to the concourse and got loaded nachos with extra jalapeños. Washed it down with a beer.

Rosenthal work too much over the weekend (including blowing it Sunday) for the save opportunity last night?

Bruce Dickinson said:
Swing 51 said:
Rosenthal work too much over the weekend (including blowing it Sunday) for the save opportunity last night?
Yeah. He pitched Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Needed a night off.
Won't need him tonight either I hope

Too bad Lester isn't on the mound tonight. Would even up that whole inability to throw to first thing.

WTF was that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread