What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL 2019 RE-DRAFT TRADES THREAD* (1 Viewer)

I was just considering that trade as well.  I was going to offer Cooks and Adrian Peterson for Singletary and Gallup though.
I was the one who received Singletary and I feel great knowing how valuable RBs can be. I found a guy desperate for a receiver. I would do that trade you mentioned if that guy goes for it.

Sold NE D & M. Sanders

for

Z. Ertz

I'm an OJ Howard owner, have the BUF & PIT Ds, with solid RB depth (of Barkley, K. Johnson, T. Coleman, A. Ekeler, A. Mattison, D. Henderson).

I gave Melvin Gordon for Evan Engram today. Had Dissly as my only TE, and the waiver wire is beyond barren. Leaves me with CMC, Mack, Tevin and Ekeler at running back. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Two weeks ago I traded in a full pt ppr

I gave Aaron Jones/Josh Gordon for 

his Chris Carson/DJ Moore-so far so good

Last night I traded my Kamara/Murray/Fuller/JuJu for his 

Zeke/Pollard/Edelman/Marvin Jones 

My RB’s now are Zeke, Carson, LeVeon Bell and WR’s are Tyreek/Edelman/DJ Moore 

Traded DJ Moore for Terry McLaurin.  Very even trade but I gave McLaurin the edge.

Anyone able to shop Adrian Peterson yet?

This has been 3 trades with 3 separate teams in the same league.

I traded gurley and Hilton for Evans and Breida (I was in a must win situation and lost)

Then traded Evans and McCoy for Devante Adams

Then today traded ertz and Breida for Kelce and Diggs.

Basically in a weeks time traded Gurley, Hilton, McCoy, Ertz 

For 

Kelce, adams, diggs 

Mccoy hadn’t played a down for my team, so was dead weight anyways and surprised someone wanted him. But davante has his own risk.

10 team - start 1 QB, 1 TE

Team A gives Mahomes, Hockenson (has Wilson and Ebron)

Team B gives Mayfield, Engram (has Rivers and Henry)

Here is another one.  .5 PPR start 2 WRs and RBs, typical settings.

TEAM A gives - KYLER MURRAY and HUNTER HENRY.    (this team has Kelce, and wanted an upgrade at WR)

TEAM B gives - KEENAN ALLEN.      (this team was QB needy, and had surplus at WR)

TZM

Traded Chase Edmonds and Carson Wentz to David Johnson/Matt Ryan owner for Keenan Allen.

I think I like it. Though I will kick myself if Edmonds becomes a world beater.

Had another vomit-inducing deal go down today in my biggest $$$ league.

Standard, 2 RB, START 3 WRs,  6pt passing TDs. ......... other than that, basic non ppr.

TEAM A - GIVES ADAM THIELEN.      (This owner is QB frustrated with Kyler Murray and Garopollo rostered)

TEAM B - GIVES DREW BREES.     (This owner has Russell Wilson also, but is very WR needy)

Team A is "vehemently against" streaming QBs. But man oh man is this a LOT to give up for Brees. He should have offered a lesser WR, seeing as Team B can only start 1 QB. (He also rosters Golladay, DK Metcalf and Allen Robinson) Robinson, Golladay and Thielen are all close thus far this year, but I hate the idea of losing Thielen.

One of the worst deals I've seen in my leagues in a while in our re-drafts.  :no:

TZM

was just offered in my 1 pt ppr league

He trades me

Fournette/Davante Adams/DJ Chark

for

My Carson/Tyreek Hill/DJ Moore

Thinking about doing it. Smart or stupid trade for me?

Standard, 2 RB, START 3 WRs,  6pt passing TDs. ......... other than that, basic non ppr.

TEAM A - GIVES ADAM THIELEN.      (This owner is QB frustrated with Kyler Murray and Garopollo rostered)

TEAM B - GIVES DREW BREES.     (This owner has Russell Wilson also, but is very WR needy)

Team A is "vehemently against" streaming QBs. But man oh man is this a LOT to give up for Brees. He should have offered a lesser WR, seeing as Team B can only start 1 QB. (He also rosters Golladay, DK Metcalf and Allen Robinson) Robinson, Golladay and Thielen are all close thus far this year, but I hate the idea of losing Thielen.

One of the worst deals I've seen in my leagues in a while in our re-drafts.  :no:

TZM
Not seeing this as terrible in a redraft.  Locking down a QB spot that has been in streaming trouble is worth paying up for, and Thielen is a risk for inconsistency (splits with Diggs, questionable game scripts, recent injury status).  Situationally I can see it.

Indefensible if it was dynasty, but risk-taking can be more rewarding in redraft.

Not seeing this as terrible in a redraft.  Locking down a QB spot that has been in streaming trouble is worth paying up for, and Thielen is a risk for inconsistency (splits with Diggs, questionable game scripts, recent injury status).  Situationally I can see it.

Indefensible if it was dynasty, but risk-taking can be more rewarding in redraft.
I agree with you somewhat, and your term situationally is probably a good way to describe it. But my main issue with this is how TEAM A just "coughed up Thielen".  (I also know Thielen is already injured + may be a risk, but I feel like there is also a very good chance he is a top 12 WR rest of season if he stays healthy,  a much better chance than Allen Robinson/Trubisky looks bad, and Golladay/do we really think he has top 12 upside??? possibly) I just think there is a much higher upside with Thielen.

TEAM B is in a position where he would have used most any help he could get at WR.... AND  he had a back up QB that he will never start, barring bye weeks.  I mentioned it, but ALLEN ROBINSON, ADAM THIELEN AND KENNY GOLLADAY are all only within about 9-10 points of one another in some PPR scoring.   If I were TEAM A , I would have offered DK METCALF, and the Brees owner would essentially almost have HAD to take it. (If I'm going to improve my team, then let me do it in the cheapest way possible, and help my opponent in the least way....right? That may help me later on in the season or in the playoffs if I have to face him.)  Now, the issue with DK Metcalf is if Tyler Lockett gets hurt, then his price is going to the moon, but I am looking past that at this point.

Hell, Team A also has JAMISON CROWDER on his bench, which I never posted their full rosters.  I'm not saying Team B would have taken Crowder for Brees, but also remember this is a mandatory start 3WRs league so the wire is pretty barren right now with all the bye weeks on us + there are already a TON of WRs out of the pool and on rosters already.

It may not quite have been "vomit inducing" like I described, :lol: but I certainly would have moved another player instead of Thielen in his scenario. Just my opinion, interesting stuff. 

TZM

Plenty of owners would rather go down with a sinking ship than “lose” a trade, especially in casual redrafts.  Thielen for Brees reads like one of those “have to overpay to get anything done” cases.  If I thought Brees was a key to winning a title, I’d be willing to gamble on Golladay giving me enough of what Thielen can more than gambling that Jimmy G can give me consistent top-6 finishes down the stretch.

I guess that’s the experience that has me seeing this sort of deal as “normal.”  If the guy would have taken Metcalf or Robinson but Team A opened with Thielen then yeah, that’s a bad negotiation strategy.  But if Team B was saying “nope, I’d rather hold Brees than settle for less than Thielen” then we get to the observed result.

Plenty of owners would rather go down with a sinking ship than “lose” a trade, especially in casual redrafts.  Thielen for Brees reads like one of those “have to overpay to get anything done” cases. 

I guess that’s the experience that has me seeing this sort of deal as “normal.”  If the guy would have taken Metcalf or Robinson but Team A opened with Thielen then yeah, that’s a bad negotiation strategy.

Some snip.

The first part of the above, is essentially how a few guys in my leagues are. They would seriously rather stick to the guys they drafted, rather than risk "losing a trade", but mostly out of fear of "Man I can't give him up cheap, what if he explodes late season like I drafted him for????"   Kind of like a fear of missing out.

We have been playing with the same members in this league for 6-7 years, and some of the guys I've played in leagues with for longer.  I wouldn't call it casual really, most are fairly on top of things.

The one main flaw I see in my leagues, is exactly this type scenario I described. People tend to get married to their players, and they don't trade often for several reasons, including the "fear of missing out" aspect..... thats a big part of it.

Oddly enough , TEAM B APPROACHED TEAM A, not the other way around!   His "first offer" was Thielen for Brees, and Team B accepted it fairly quickly after the offer was made. "Bad negotiation strategy???"  Yep you pretty much hit the nail on the head. It was like "Hey my QB sucks, and I don't want to stream so I'll take it", and I'm starting to think he didn't even think about a counter, just accepted it quickly.

TZM

He trades me

for

Pulled the trigger on it. Hope Davante comes back this week and Mahomes takes all the time he needs to heal. I like that Fournette's  catching passes this year.

He trades me

for

I wouldn't.  Carson>Fournette, Hill>Adams, and Chark/Moore is a tossup.

TZM
Thielen Robinson and Golladay are pretty closely bunched, and how to order them seems to depend on who you ask.

FBG top 200 has: Golladay 10, Robinson 13, Thielen 24

FFToday rest-of-way has: Thielen 11, Golladay 13, Robinson 17

Dave Richards trade values has: Thielen 11, Golladay 13, Robinson 19

Fantasypros ROS consensus has: Golladay 14, Thielen 16, Robinson 17

Can't imagine Metcalf or Crowder gets any traction and very possibly just offends the other guy.  I know in my league you need to come with a strong offer right out of the gate or else you're not even getting a reply or counter.

A - Mayfield, Singletary, JuJu

for

B - Wentz, Guice, Ridley

Team A has been hurting for a QB all year. (Luck, mayfield, dalton)
Team A has Chubb, Bell and Connor at RB, Hopkins and Beckham at WR. Only Juju was starting of those players. 
No point difference in Ridley and Juju.

A - Mayfield, Singletary, JuJu

for

B - Wentz, Guice, Ridley

Team A has been hurting for a QB all year. (Luck, mayfield, dalton)
Team A has Chubb, Bell and Connor at RB, Hopkins and Beckham at WR. Only Juju was starting of those players. 
No point difference in Ridley and Juju.
This is tough to evaluate, I tend to favor team B's haul because I prefer JuJu with Rudolph back and I like Singletary over Guice. If team B has a QB better than Wentz, I think this deal is mutually beneficially in most respects. I suppose thats how trades should go around this part of the season though.

Thielen Robinson and Golladay are pretty closely bunched, and how to order them seems to depend on who you ask.

FBG top 200 has: Golladay 10, Robinson 13, Thielen 24

FFToday rest-of-way has: Thielen 11, Golladay 13, Robinson 17

Dave Richards trade values has: Thielen 11, Golladay 13, Robinson 19

Fantasypros ROS consensus has: Golladay 14, Thielen 16, Robinson 17

Can't imagine Metcalf or Crowder gets any traction and very possibly just offends the other guy.  I know in my league you need to come with a strong offer right out of the gate or else you're not even getting a reply or counter.

I don't think you are taking things into true context here, with the league settings mentioned in the post.  There are 36 WRs started every week, and roughly another 24-36 rostered. While there are 12 QBs started, and only a handful have a backup.

Its perfectly acceptable to stream QB here, though the one team that traded Thielen has no desire to do just that.

I know in a vacuum Thielen is a great WR, but is too much in this league scenario to give up for a "secondary QB".  The Brees owner can't even start him, (he has Wilson)  and he is essentially rotting on his bench.  To say that the Brees owner shouldn't accept DK Metcalf for Brees............ well its just wrong in my opinion. He is just supposed to trot out 3 arguably  worse receivers (that at least don't have his upside) and not capitalize on Brees, which he will NEVER  start over Wilson??? This is effectively saying "I don't care that I'm not helping my team, I'll just let Brees rot on my bench, do absolutely nothing for my team,  and NOT boost my WR corps.

The settings and roster needs (WR ,... I think 2 of his WRs are DeSean Jackson and Philip Dorsett) of TEAM B are the important factors here, not the value some fantasy analysts place on them in a freestanding rankings model. I'm trying to improve my teams chances, not win a trade.  If it were me, I'm giving up Brees here for Metcalf in this scenario, and not even blinking.

TZM

I don't think you are taking things into true context here, with the league settings mentioned in the post.  There are 36 WRs started every week, and roughly another 24-36 rostered. While there are 12 QBs started, and only a handful have a backup.

Its perfectly acceptable to stream QB here, though the one team that traded Thielen has no desire to do just that.

I know in a vacuum Thielen is a great WR, but is too much in this league scenario to give up for a "secondary QB".  The Brees owner can't even start him, (he has Wilson)  and he is essentially rotting on his bench.  To say that the Brees owner shouldn't accept DK Metcalf for Brees............ well its just wrong in my opinion. He is just supposed to trot out 3 arguably  worse receivers (that at least don't have his upside) and not capitalize on Brees, which he will NEVER  start over Wilson??? This is effectively saying "I don't care that I'm not helping my team, I'll just let Brees rot on my bench, do absolutely nothing for my team,  and NOT boost my WR corps.

The settings and roster needs (WR ,... I think 2 of his WRs are DeSean Jackson and Philip Dorsett) of TEAM B are the important factors here, not the value some fantasy analysts place on them in a freestanding rankings model. I'm trying to improve my teams chances, not win a trade.  If it were me, I'm giving up Brees here for Metcalf in this scenario, and not even blinking.

TZM
In my experience, offering a crap deal to prey on the other guy's roster misfortune (hey, look how terrible your WRs are!  Giving your HOF QB for my marginal WR4 actually makes sense in your situation!) almost never get accepted, and usually just create bad blood and/or get you ignored.  YMMV of course.

davearm said:
In my experience, offering a crap deal to prey on the other guy's roster misfortune (hey, look how terrible your WRs are!  Giving your HOF QB for my marginal WR4 actually makes sense in your situation!) almost never get accepted, and usually just create bad blood and/or get you ignored.  YMMV of course.
Most of the owners in my leagues try and improve their teams when they make trades, "winning or losing the trade" doesn't matter to most smarter owners in my leagues. The vacuum value of players is always looked at, but trying to improve their chances of winning supersedes the other extraneous factors.

In one particular 10 teamer I was in years ago, one owner had picked up another wire QB after a few weeks, and had drafted 2. LOL.  Along about week 10, he found himself with 3 top 12 QBs, and a few other owners were starting QB 15-18 ish guys, and one may have even been streaming. As always happens, this owner was perilously short at RB.  He posted he "wanted to trade a QB1 for a RB1".  Well you know how that went, he heard crickets.

I saw another "smart" owner offer him a RB2 type one week later. (Its been long enough where I don't remember the RB2 name, but thats besides the point)  The QB  heavy team essentially said "I'm not giving away a top 12 QB for a RB2, its not going to happen".  You might see where I'm going with this.

The QB heavy team ultimately had to start streaming backups and RB4 type guys.  Rather that boost his teams chances by 4-5 points a week at RB, he was "too stubborn" to let a big QB go for solid RB2 help.

He missed the playoffs.   BUT HE PROUDLY KEPT THOSE QBs!!!!  

The above is an extreme example, but it did in fact happen. Did losing that extra 4-5 points a week keep him out of the playoffs?  I can't answer that, but rest assured it contributed to him losing.

I understand some people look at face value of players and trades. But I can assure you some of us look deeper.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would have snap-accepted DK Metcalf in the above trade, and not even blinked....in that scenario.  (In fact, I would have felt bad not making the effort to try and help my team, if my WRs were that rough)

We can just disagree on this one, no worries.   Its all interesting to me.

TZM

Standard 10 teamer league, start 2 RB , 3 WR no flex.      

Another "agreed upon trade", to happen after the Thursday game (depending on if HUNTER HENRY) doesn't get injured.

TEAM A - gives CHRIS CARSON

TEAM B - gives HUNTER HENRY AND RONALD JONES

Team A is extremely TE needy, as he has been streaming all year with no results. More context -  Team A has  AARON JONES, DERRICK HENRY, CHRIS CARSON , MATT BREIDA and LATAVIUS MURRAY.        This is a start 2 RB team with no flex.  So he can only play 2 RBs a week.  At 3-6, he must win out for a shot at the playoffs. (10 teamer, regular season is 14 weeks)

Team B  is looking to upgrade his RBs, and has TRAVIS KELCE AND HUNTER HENRY .  So he can afford to give up a top 3 TE.

I think Team A is giving up the best player (Carson) but he is in a must win out scenario and can't afford to roster a 3rd top 10 back without improving his team.

TZM

Hey guys I got a trade accepted!  It's like pulling teeth in this league.  This is only the second one all year (and the other one was a nothingburger - Penny for Delanie Walker).

12 team standard

I give David Johnson + DK Metcalf

I get DeAndre Hopkins

Other guy lost Kerryon and has all kinds of bye week issues this week, and needs to win to stay alive (sitting at 4-5).

I've been suffering at WR2 all year waiting on AJ Green.  It's just not happening with that guy.

My RB/WR starters will now be Ingram Coleman Evans Hopkins.

12 team, redraft, super-flex, PPR, WR & TE combined position.

I just traded Damien Williams for Stefon Diggs.

Hey guys I got a trade accepted!  It's like pulling teeth in this league.  This is only the second one all year (and the other one was a nothingburger - Penny for Delanie Walker).

12 team standard

I give David Johnson + DK Metcalf

I get DeAndre Hopkins

Other guy lost Kerryon and has all kinds of bye week issues this week, and needs to win to stay alive (sitting at 4-5).

I've been suffering at WR2 all year waiting on AJ Green.  It's just not happening with that guy.

My RB/WR starters will now be Ingram Coleman Evans Hopkins.
I just made a similar one in my 10 team PPR, start 3WR, 2 RB, 2 flex

Gave - Melvin Gordon + Calvin Ridley
Received - Hopkins

Gives me a WR corps of Tyreek, Nuk, and Kupp, and I still have Kamara, Carson, Aaron Jones, and Sony at RB/flex options.  To the ship!  

My league is full of people who will only trade if it's lopsided in their favor.  Trying to trade D.Henry or Singletary for a WR.

Tried Henry+Boyd for Edelman (laughed at)

Singletary for E.Sanders (Nope)

Singletary for DJShark (nope)

I did get a counter offer of C.Sutton if I give up Chubb (sheesh)

Finally my first (and perhaps only) redraft trade of 2019. The couple leagues I play in that allow trading are difficult to make deals in. But this one is big and I hope it works out for me. I like my new flex much better. 

12 team 0.5 PPR QRRWWTFKD

I gave Julio, Andrews, James White

I got Diggs, Chark, Singletary, Jonnu Smith

Now rolling with:

Jackson

Kamara, Singletary, Montgomery, Henderson

Adams, Diggs, Chark, Sutton, Reynolds, Davis

Henry, Herndon, Smith

Bears and Butker

Week 11 I have to sit Adams so I'll go Diggs and Chark swap them week 12 when Diggs is down. I *think* I like Singletary over Montgomery moving forward.

My league is full of people who will only trade if it's lopsided in their favor.

The majority of my leagues are generally like this.

People tend to want to "clearly win the trade" rather than actually just improve their team.   (scroll earlier in this thread to see my rant on that, lol)

But, its usually the same owners that would just rather "die on the vine stubbornly holding their players" and slowly lose season after season, while many of us make the playoffs and cash more often than not. I'm actually not a big trading kind of guy. But when I see I need to improve an area, I generally try and do it if possible.

I don't get it.  Some people would rather "hold a stud on their bench, that they can't start" , rather than turn that into a usable asset, albeit one that might not produce to the same level as said stud.

Thats what makes our leagues good though.

TZM

I have spent the last couple of seasons trying to purposely approach every single other owner to inquire about a trade. I’ve purposely overpaid, I’ve explained my thinking, I’ve asked about multiple players prices. I’ve tried to become The Trade Guy, because across three leagues that I’m in, there’s been 17 total trades made in FOUR years, and I’ve been involved in 15 of them. I’ve finally started to reach the point where my trading history is big enough that I can say “hey man, remember when I gave X for Y, boy that blew up in my face didn’t it” because for years the reaction I get when I approach someone is “you’re asking about my stud, you must be trying to fleece me, so no”. Or it’s “why would you ask about that guy? You must know something I don’t, so I better say no”. I’ve made some great trades that solidified a title for me, but I’ve made some clunkers.  Playing the long game....

Would be curious to know what people are getting for Ekeler. I've had it with him. Probably looking to package Ekeler and change for some buy low targets:

* J. Mixon -- Decent schedule ahead. Maybe with Finley Cinci offense is somewhat productive.

* P. Lindsay -- Schedule looks  pretty good down the stretch.

* S. Michel -- Could repeat last season's late season run. Next couple weeks look awful on the schedule.

* J. Conner -- Maybe Conner owners frustrated.

Got offered my Golden Tate for his Christian Kirk. Kirk just had a monster game, but still has a lot of tough match-ups coming up. Meanwhile, Tate is on his bye next week and has much more competition for targets when Shep and Engram get healthy. I think I should take this, but I wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread