What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2020 Tour de France (2 Viewers)

Sagan has been saving energy all tour. Perhaps bora has a move planed ahead.  Has anyone looked at the sprint bonuses?

well, that sure was fun... I wish I was not on calls for most of it though. Hopefully I can catch a replay tonight. 

On my way to Annecy tonight for 5 nights and bringing my bike. Coincidentally (did not realize at all that the TDF was coming through and I have not been riding much at all) the Col de Glieres is within strking distance for me to ride out and watch but would require me to do the Cat 1 climb and the HC climb about 1-2 hours prior to the caravan coming through. 120km RT ride.

Would link up my route at KM 106 and ride to KM 159 before heading back to Annecy.

I think I'm going to give it a go, will let you fine folks know how far along the course I get. Best case I am watching from one of the steepest climbs on the Glieres around KM 143. Worst case I leave too late and I watch at KM 106. Super worst case I can't climb any more and start rolling backwards on my bike.

On my way to Annecy tonight for 5 nights and bringing my bike. Coincidentally (did not realize at all that the TDF was coming through and I have not been riding much at all) the Col de Glieres is within strking distance for me to ride out and watch but would require me to do the Cat 1 climb and the HC climb about 1-2 hours prior to the caravan coming through. 120km RT ride.

Would link up my route at KM 106 and ride to KM 159 before heading back to Annecy.

I think I'm going to give it a go, will let you fine folks know how far along the course I get. Best case I am watching from one of the steepest climbs on the Glieres around KM 143. Worst case I leave too late and I watch at KM 106. Super worst case I can't climb any more and start rolling backwards on my bike.
post the strava stats!

Road was closed way early today. Made it about 5km past Flumet and had to stop after 60km total for me. Tried hike a bike around the route to get further but had to turn back. Thumbs down.

Edit: Somewhere on the Col des Aravis climb... Strava should be interesting today

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even believe it. Best finish to the Tour that I can ever remember.
Great finish to a rather dull tour.   I was hoping something weird like this would happen today.  

2nd best tour finish I've seen behind Lemond's winning on the final day in 1989.    Followed closely behind by Lance's multiple tour wins 

Wish there was more doping to be honest.   Used to love the relentless attacks on every mountain stage.   It is something you don't see much of anymore.  

Great finish to a rather dull tour.   I was hoping something weird like this would happen today.  

2nd best tour finish I've seen behind Lemond's winning on the final day in 1989.    Followed closely behind by Lance's multiple tour wins 

Wish there was more doping to be honest.   Used to love the relentless attacks on every mountain stage.   It is something you don't see much of anymore.  
They are continuously doped now.  Used to be they had to pick there spots.

I can't even believe it. Best finish to the Tour that I can ever remember.
Guess Roglic is kicking himself for not attacking and putting more time into his rivals instead of playing it safe.  When Sepp Kuss is finishing with you most days, you're not trying hard enough.

So this is way off cycle, and on the wrong race, but I'm super pumped after today's Giro stage.  Great to see an American win a stage, take a jersey in a major.

I've known Joe's mother for years, so this is super, extra cool.  I hope he takes a few more this Giro - he looked bloody good on that stage.

So this is way off cycle, and on the wrong race, but I'm super pumped after today's Giro stage.  Great to see an American win a stage, take a jersey in a major.

I've known Joe's mother for years, so this is super, extra cool.  I hope he takes a few more this Giro - he looked bloody good on that stage.
Agreed... but my favorite part is how the Italianed media is up in arms that Ineos did not let Ganna defend the pink ;)  

Agreed... but my favorite part is how the Italianed media is up in arms that Ineos did not let Ganna defend the pink ;)  
Not sure why - Ganna is a huge (relatively) guy and won't fly up those mountains.  AND another Italian took over the jersey.  They should be ecstatic, as De Marchi is likely to hold it for a while.  Though I really hope Joe storms up the next mountain stage and grabs the jersey.

I'm pretty excited about today's stage.  I did a bike tour out of Riccione and it will be really cool to see those roads on the race today.

Users who are viewing this thread