What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (1 Viewer)

An absolute nightmare scenario for the committee has to be TCU and UGA losing. Obviously Ohio State, Michigan, and UGA would be in. But is the committee really going to throw in Bama and have 2 SEC teams in the playoffs and not the SEC champ of which beat Bama? Not a chance TCU gets in with a loss. Doesn’t matter if it’s by one point or by a hundred, they lose, they’re gone. They’re barely hanging on and they’re undefeated. Guess we will see after today.

An absolute nightmare scenario for the committee has to be TCU and UGA losing. Obviously Ohio State, Michigan, and UGA would be in. But is the committee really going to throw in Bama and have 2 SEC teams in the playoffs and not the SEC champ of which beat Bama? Not a chance TCU gets in with a loss. Doesn’t matter if it’s by one point or by a hundred, they lose, they’re gone. They’re barely hanging on and they’re undefeated. Guess we will see after today.
Shows what a **** system the current one really is.

The crazy thing is the frogs have the most wins vs top 25 teams this year. (Cue Johnny “I did not know that”)

The crazy thing is the frogs have the most wins vs top 25 teams this year. (Cue Johnny “I did not know that”)
I think the Big 12 is underrated. A lot of solid teams in there. It seems like Texas and Oklahoma are the only two teams that ever get any love or respect. I’m not saying I agree with TCU being eliminated. I’m just saying there isn’t a chance the committee puts them in with a loss.

Weird seeing the same two sentiments at once, that it seems like the conference championship games today mostly don't matter, but then also that the 12-team will devalue games...when an autobid for a championship makes your conference far more valuable IMO.

That game was brutal for USC last night.

Caleb Williams was obviously not 100%. The tackling on defense was atrocious. Some drops on offense. Rough way to lose after an exciting season.

That game was brutal for USC last night.

Caleb Williams was obviously not 100%. The tackling on defense was atrocious. Some drops on offense. Rough way to lose after an exciting season.

I want to bash USC's horrendous defense and make fun of it for being cookie dough soft but then I remember Oregon coughed up a 28 point lead in the 2nd half where the opposing team didn't attempt one forward pass. I have no right to criticize any other team's inept defense.

I think Sagarin's rankings are pretty good on this stuff. Even before last night they had Utah ranked ahead of USC. Which proved correct. He has TCU at #7. Not even in before today. Even before the mess of last night and potential TCU loss today, it was UGA, Mich, OSU, Ala in his system.

I can't imagine them not finding a way to make it UGA vs OSU and Ala vs Mich. No way SEC plays SEC and B10 plays B10.

Bama is not getting in with 2 losses. Book it.

Shows what a **** system the current one really is.
12 team playoff can't come fast enough.

Regardless of TCU outcome
UGa
Mich
TCU
OSU
If TCU loses, they’re not getting in. Call it unfair if you want but it just isn’t going to happen.

Regardless of TCU outcome
UGa
Mich
TCU
OSU
If TCU loses, I think OSU jumps them for the OSU-UM rematch. That way there won't be the possibility of an all Big 10 National Championship game
If TCU loses, I think it’s
1. UGA
2. Mich
3. Bama
4. OSU

I think the opposite. Don’t see them pairing up the conferences in the first round of the playoffs. I think they’ll try and avoid that at all costs.
I’d guess they’d much rather pair the conferences in the first game instead of taking the chance of the pairing in the championship.
Kansas state will have two very large fan bases cheering it on today.
I think K-State wins this one today. They have been improving all year and were taking TCU to the woodshed the first time before two QB’s got hurt.
👍🏽
This is not looking good right now. TCU needs to answer.
TCU is answering the question of “How do we get Alabama into the CFP?”

So this is how Alabama sneaks in
People forget Saban has a deal with the devil. Or maybe Saban really does = Satan.
Legend has it that Saban took a drink from the spring at Tater Hill when he first arrived in Alabama. He was hiking on a hot day, and stumbled upon what appeared to be a refreshing repast. Something happened that day. Those in Monroe County believed he gave up any shred of good in exchange for the nectar bubbling up from the core of hell on the top of that hill. A drink that was warmer than what it appeared to be.

So if the 12-team playoff were this year, KSU would be playing for a spot right now, TCU would be playing to preserve a bye, LSU, UNC and Clemson would be playing for a spot and Utah would be in. Not bad.

I guess Purdue would be playing for a spot too which super sucks. You should have to be ranked to auto qualify for one.

So if the 12-team playoff were this year, KSU would be playing for a spot right now, TCU would be playing to preserve a bye, LSU, UNC and Clemson would be playing for a spot and Utah would be in. Not bad.

I guess Purdue would be playing for a spot too which super sucks. You should have to be ranked to auto qualify for one.
I think the byes go to the top 4 ranked conference champions.

I think the byes go to the top 4 ranked conference champions.
Right. Tcu would be playing for a bye. The byes would probably go to Georgia, Michigan, Tcu if they won and then Clemson/Utah or Tulane I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread